• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Funny how when Obama was elected, no Dem. was calling for a rework of the voting system.

But right now it does favor density over numbers.
To be fair, if Trump lost his supporters would claim that the system is broken too along with it being rigged. Which is what I was prepparing for, I was expecting misery and depression where I usually hang where people lean towards Trump. However, unexpected they ended up happy and excited while places like here are miserable.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Why Canada and not Mexico?

-----
Just an example dude.
It's bad enough that people in the U.S are fear-mongering so much.

The last thing we need is non-US citizens doing it too.

Take a deep breath, and maybe remove yourself from all of the political talk for a bit. You literally have nothing to be afraid of right now. Think about what you're gonna do tomorrow or something like that. Play some video games. You can still lead a completely normal life right now, let's not act like the world is ending.
No thank you. I'm doing both.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Funny how when Obama was elected, no Dem. was calling for a rework of the voting system.

That's because Obama won both the popular vote and electoral college.

2004 elections were fine too (even if it elected Bush again) because just like Obama, the popular vote and electoral college acted in unison. The electoral college is still bad, but at least we got who the population wanted.

D

Deleted member

Obama didn't win with the minority of the votes though
anyone have a source for where you could find what pokemon in sun and moon? I want to know where to find lycanroc.
Watch the stats datamining video, in the upper right there are the locations of that Pokemon

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Odd, a set of emulators on my tablet are acting strange: The digital "buttons" on screen are now depicting areas from the current game screen rather than buttons.

Should I see they need an update or redownload them?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Odd, a set of emulators on my tablet are acting strange: The digital "buttons" on screen are now depicting areas from the current game screen rather than buttons.

Should I see they need an update or redownload them?
Is there updates up for it? If not, I would think its pretty safe to redownload then to fix the glitch,

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
User was warned for this post
All I'm saying is that if Clinton won the election, very few people would be ******** about how the US system is unfair.

Just live with it. If you want your voice to be heard, sometimes you have to let someone else get heard over you. That's what democracy is.

Now I'm not happy with Trump. But I'm not going to act like Trump's going to be Hitler reincarnated. No one's going to die, be deported for being any race, or loose the right to vote.

You all are acting like kids. Or maybe there's a better description?

Salty Smash fans.

D

Deleted member

Let's try to look at the elections with a more humorous note
Language warning
Also, ****, Youtube is starting to recommend me SM videos, I saw a small spoiler in one of the thumbnails, don't tell me I'll have to avoid it now
They can't actually do it. There is no procedure for a state to leave the union.
There was a movement here to separate the entire south region from the rest of Brazil
It's probably in the "Top 10 Stupidest Things Brazil Has Ever Done"

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so somone who played the rom of sun/moon was complaining that the game was "railroading" him and honestly m fine with this seeing as the games heavily story focused this time around where as the last few generations reasons for blocking you off was because "you didnt beat the gym" heres a congaline of fat dudes singing about how they are here for "no reason"

as opposed to sun/moon where you as a new inhabitant are given the chance to take on the island trail by chace seeing as you were "chosen" by tapukoko (if the well known intro is anything to go off of" you as a new commer to this island are given a huge honor in being able to undertake this local custom now obvious some may questioon why lillie gets to leave the islands with you well theres the obvious explination of her being kukui's assistant and thus being granted special premition to go around the islands
and then theres the fact she has cosmog a pokemon only known to the alolan royalty you could also argue the fact her mother lusamine has established the aether foundation for quite a while in alola and thus lilie has become a local honnorarily through hermother...OR the fact kuki and his wife (brunet from dream radar) took lilie in and treaed her like a daughter)

long story short you dont get a lot of freedom to explore in sun/moon because thats something you need to earn

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
There was a movement here to separate the entire south region from the rest of Brazil
It's probably in the "Top 10 Stupidest Things Brazil Has Ever Done"
I remember hearing about that. Hopefully it's just a few fringe groups.

To be fair, if Trump lost his supporters would claim that the system is . . .being rigged.
The sad thing is people were doing this DURING the election i guess because they thought they would lose.
there was even something circulating on twitter (and SG's discord) of someone claiming their voting machine was rigged even though it was patently bull.

I still really feelbad about the environment. I JUST wtched Before the Flood and it was realy good and made me feel terrible and now it looks like we're going to have a super anti-environment establishment down to a president that doesnt even believe it exists.

Because the fate of our planet is a partisan issue for some reason. Sorry future generations but we need our money.
:061:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
It's a shame the vocation comes hand in hand with corruption (people like to act like Hilary is the only corrupt politician, which is pretty laughable), but imo putting the country as the foremost priority reasons that nine times out of ten experience is preferential to "innocence", even if the outsider card nets you a certain subset of support. You want the pilot to know how to drive the vehicle. Keep in mind this doesn't preclude people like Bernie Sanders.

Also you have to be a demagogue and a sophist to leverage the populous, whether you're a politician or not. It comes with the territory. If anything Trump proved that to a T. He's as much a sociopathic, demagogical sophist as you're going to get imo. Not to say Hilary doesn't also possess those traits.
Representative democracies do not make all sophists, but they transform many into such in their lust for power. It promotes them.

It is not necessary to be a demagogue to win, nor do non-sociopaths fall into the category of pure "innocence," as you seem to think. Trump has his share of demagoguery, but he has not demonstrated himself to be a sociopath yet. It often takes an outside force to realize how corrupt and evil the establishment is, and then have the potential to change it. They control the game, so coming up through the game is an unwinnable approach. Trump didn't come up through the game: he bent it and re-made it. Ron Paul was playing a very different game: hearts and minds, and on that front he won aces against the corrupt RNC. He got pretty far in their own game by playing by his own rules. And, knowing Ron, it's absurd to suggest that he's sociopathic or demagogic in any sense. Sadly, Bernie has betrayed his principles on many counts, Jill Stein is far more principled than he.

A "pilot"? It doesn't take sociopaths to run government, in fact those are who make the government bad.
They're the ones trying to run into birds, push the plane past the limits, and do crazy maneuvers that are likely to result in crashes.
Never was it known that a businessman became a dictator.

No, the Trump phenomena, likewise with the Ron Paul phenomena and the misguided Bernie phenomena, is not a product of the system.
It is the product of people waking up and realizing the system is rigged, that it's the elites and oligarchs against them.

You severely misjudge Trump. At the least, you must say we don't know what he'll actually do once he gets in. Next, you have to admit he is not a soulless demagogue: he said some very unpopular things, and according to those exit polls people, even those that voted for him, do not like him. So, why did he get elected? Because the other candidate was so obviously corrupt, so obviously a compulsive liar, so obviously in bed with Wall Street and Soros and on and on and on, so obviously a sociopath, and Trump far more obviously a real human being, who actually cares about people to some degree, that people said "screw the system."

And thank God for this political revolt. I wonder how much swamp he'll be able to drain? No offense to Swampasaur ofc :D

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The sad thing is people were doing this DURING the election i guess because they thought they would lose.
there was even something circulating on twitter (and SG's discord) of someone claiming their voting machine was rigged even though it was patently bull.

I still really feelbad about the environment. I JUST wtched Before the Flood and it was realy good and made me feel terrible and now it looks like we're going to have a super anti-environment establishment down to a president that doesnt even believe it exists.

Because the fate of our planet is a partisan issue for some reason. Sorry future generations but we need our money.
:061:
They go buy the old "I won't be alive when it all goes down so I don't care "

D

Deleted member

No, the Trump phenomena, likewise with the Ron Paul phenomena and the misguided Bernie phenomena, is not a product of the system.
It is the product of people waking up and realizing the system is rigged, that it's the elites and oligarchs against them.

You severely misjudge Trump, I think. At the least, you must admit we do not know, that he is not a soulless demagogue: he said some very unpopular things, and according to those exit polls people even those that voted for him do not like him. So, why did he get elected? Because the other candidate was so obviously corrupt, so obviously a compulsive liar, so obviously in bed with Wall Street and Soros and on and on and on, so obviously a sociopath, and Trump far more obviously a real human being with flaws, who actually cares about people to some degree, that people said "screw the system."

Thank you.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Decided to play Shag Fu (Genesis version) because why the **** not? Pretty bad as a fighting game but far from being "the worst game ever" as everyone claims it is.

Though it is one of the most best animated games I've seen for a 16-bit game.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
The only reason Trump won is because Clinton was the worst Democratic nominee in recent memory. Can't believe we were represented by the stereotypically untrustworthy politician under federal investigation instead of the ideologue everyone likes

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Let's talk about Overwatch and 3v3 elims again.

I could see this becoming it's own competitive scene provided Blizzard gives it a chance.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The only reason Trump won is because Clinton was the worst Democratic nominee in recent memory. Can't believe we were represented by the stereotypically untrustworthy politician under federal investigation instead of the ideologue everyone likes
She cheated the system to ensure she was the democratic nominee

If Bernie had been picked, he would have won

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Salty Smash fans.
But the Smash Ballot was a mistake. So many people got disappointed over the results last year. Not everyone likes Bayonetta or the winner being a third party (let alone one that's far from a big name).

If some of the higher ballot choices were picked for the port, then they would be completely satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom