• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

RIP Red Dead Revolver

As for the Pokemon:
Starter evos:
Robingroot (Clint/Shinon/NOHRIAN SCUM!/Mark Nutt if Male, Bishop if female) and Entermaid (Demyx if Male, Ariel if Female) are fine, Beltigre sucks.

Others
Toucanipek is a dropped ball in comparison to Talonflame. Still not a bad design though.
Wimecha is pretty cool.
Salanductress is fine.
Yeti Crab looks fine.
I dub the Shipwreck, Arkos
Discount Metroid. *DING!*
Urchin looks interesting
Komala really is Kellam, the lack of evos for Pyukumuku and Mimikyu sucks.
Mushroom's look meh.
Tapu's are kinda as expected.
Pre-Evos for the Legendary mascots is interesting.
Marshadow is meh so far.

Alolan forms
lul Alolan Persian
Alolan Diglett line is a crappy change, maybe it'll get a good typing though
Alolan Geodude line on the other hand looks cool.

As for the UBs

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
well not entirely impressed with the dex but i got my dragon/fighting pseudo legendary so i'm good.

D

Deleted member

I really wish people could just stop comparing Trump with Gumshoos and Alola Dugtrio
Gumshoos is supposed to be a detective(it's even in his goddamn name) and Dugtrio is just wearing a ****ing wig
I could care less about it if it wasn't for the fact some people laughed at me for liking Gumshoos because for them the Trump resemblance is too strong
Also doesn't help Gumshoos did nothing wrong and shouldn't be associated with people like Trump
#GumshoosDidNothingWrong

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Thoughts because everyone else is doing them and im onbreak from class anyway

• Starter Trio still looks great
    • Still Beltigre>Mermaid seal>>>>>robin hoot for me
  • Toucan is cool and I love any Pixar so this im a big fan of the middle evo even if it blatantly has nothing to do with it.
  • I like crabrawler's base form WAY more than yeti crab.
  • Happy that new spiky TCG pokemon has NOTHING to do with wimpod or muku like people were saying because that made no sense. Will wait for motion on this one
  • Strange bubble bug looks AWESOME.
  • mushroo evolution is TERRIFYING. Those cold dead eyes make zombie parasect look lively
  • Salandit evo actually makes me like salandit instead of just being ehhh
  • I assumed either zero to hero or staying a wimp for Wimpod. Looks like the former. Looks pretty cool
  • RIP koala evo. :(
  • Shipreck pokemon is AMAZING. One of my favorites from the mining
  • RIP Alola nidoking :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
  • Alolan geodude line looks prety cool
  • Alolan Persian looks fake lmao. Someone photoshopped an ill fitting nermal head onto a miscolored persian.
  • Alolan Dugtrio is just Dugtrio with hair. . .y tho?
no comments on the special ones
:061:
Wimpod, yeah, but I wouldn't say the theory of it being Pyukumuku's evolution was too out there. They're both Echinoderms.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Day 18: Spider Dance

Of all the monstrous songs in this game... to only pick one is quite the shame!

Tomorrow...
This deadly dance is quite old...
But this song's tune is more romantic.
For a hint, look to a mouse...

When this song was played in a special quite hectic.
Going to take a complete shot in the dark here and say The Skeleton Dance. It is quite old (1929) and it was made by Disney.

NX doesn't exist in this dimension.

D

Deleted member

I totally forgot to mention that there's no HeartGold update today, because I wasn't home for the most part and I used my free time to play the Demo.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584

RIP Red Dead Revolver

As for the Pokemon:
Starter evos:
Robingroot (Clint/Shinon/NOHRIAN SCUM!/Mark Nutt if Male, Bishop if female) and Entermaid (Demyx if Male, Ariel if Female) are fine, Beltigre sucks.

Others
Toucanipek is a dropped ball in comparison to Talonflame. Still not a bad design though.
Wimecha is pretty cool.
Salanductress is fine.
Yeti Crab looks fine.
I dub the Shipwreck, Arkos
Discount Metroid. *DING!*
Urchin looks interesting
Komala really is Kellam, the lack of evos for Pyukumuku and Mimikyu sucks.
Mushroom's look meh.
Tapu's are kinda as expected.
Pre-Evos for the Legendary mascots is interesting.
Marshadow is meh so far.

Alolan forms
lul Alolan Persian
Alolan Diglett line is a crappy change, maybe it'll get a good typing though
Alolan Geodude line on the other hand looks cool.

As for the UBs

Can't believe they didn't call it Red Dead Reloaded

Or Red Dead Rising Revengeance

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Well, now that I've had time to collect my thoughts about the leaks, I guess I'll post them.

- As expected, the starter leaks were real, and I'm pretty happy with all three of them. Still going with Litten because wrestler cat.
- Pikipek evolving into a toucan is... weird, even if it technically makes sense. But hey, Toucan Sam is in Pokemon.
- Wimpod evolution is so damn cool. Might have to put it on my team.
- I'm not sure what to make of the Salandit evolution. It doesn't look bad, but I'm disappointed that it doesn't really keep the robber/bandit motif.
- The bubble spider... crab... thing intrigues me, though I'll need some more information on it.
- Crabrawler evolution looks cool (pun intended?). It'll probably be Fighting/Ice so that's a thing.
- Morelull evolution is alright. Not much else to say.
- Shipwreck Pokemon is interesting, though again, I'll need more information about it.
- Spiky Pokemon's first stage looks neat. Its evolution... I'll need to see more of it, because it currently isn't doing much for me.
- The Ultra Beasts look really bizarre, though I guess that's supposed to be the point. It'll be even more bizarre if you can actually catch these things. Curious to see how they play into the plot.
- Tapu's look nice, I assume their typings will be similar to Oricorio. Don't know what to say about the box legendary pre-evo's(?), same goes for Marshadow.
- Disappointed that some of the single stage Pokemon don't evolve, mainly Minior and Pyukumuku. Hopefully they have good enough stats/movepools/etc. to stand on their own.
- I can't tell if I like or dislike Alolan Garfi- I mean Persian. Alolan Diglett/Dugtrio are goofy but I kinda like them for that. Alolan Geodude line looks weird but bearded Golem is kinda cool.

D

Deleted member

What are the benefits for playing the Demo for main game?
You can transfer Ash-Greninja to the main game, as well as some stuff that you can sell for some cash
There are other stuff that will only be available in x amount of days but we don't know what most of them are yet

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
NX doesn't exist in this dimension.

Idk what an nx is
"XY was too easy for some players. What do we do?"

"I KNOW! We'll give them a pokemon from a trainer who can't win!"
-Pokemon devs probably
wow, the anger of people about a singular pokemon is amazing

whats wrong with representing the anime

Last edited:
You can transfer Ash-Greninja to the main game, as well as some stuff that you can sell for some cash
There are other stuff that will only be available in x amount of days but we don't know what most of them are yet
Maybe Heart Scales and some Poke Balls, like in ORAS demo.

If it's Poke Balls, it better not be the most terrible ones.

Lol a level 36 in the beginning? :4villager:
Good luck getting it to obey you before second badge kahuna. :p

Speaking of this, could ORAS demo's Mega Glalie be transferred to the main game instantly after starting it?

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
"XY was too easy for some players. What do we do?"

"I KNOW! We'll give them a pokemon from a trainer who can't win!"
-Pokemon devs probably
Meanwhile, they give it a pseudo Mega Evolution and make Water Shiruken Special because it was apparently trash. :4greninja:

Its alright though. I'll box it for now just to keep it out of the way. Do we know if its nature is random?
Good luck getting it to obey you before second badge. :p
Gambling for that Water Shiruken just might be worth the risk. :4villager:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Sun/Moon Team update
Litten3
Toucan
Beastpod (Ictus)
Kommo-o (Umaga)
Alola Ninetales (Skadi)
Salandit evo/Mimikyu

Going back and forth between using Salandit or mimikyu...I expected more from Salandit's evo, though I don't dislike it...However for sake of a better team balance Mimikyu seems a much better choice, always handy having a Ghost type...
Also been considering Alolan Exeggutor as it gives me a Grass type and a counter against Water types but we'll see...

D

Deleted member

Maybe Heart Scales and some Poke Balls, like in ORAS demo.

If it's Poke Balls, it better not be the most terrible ones.
15 Ultra Balls? Pretty please Gamefreak?

Good luck getting it to obey you before second badge. :p

Speaking of this, could ORAS demo's Mega Glalie be transferred to the main game instantly after starting it?
You could only transfer it after you get the Pokedex from Jontron Professor Birch.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I really wish people could just stop comparing Trump with Gumshoos and Alola Dugtrio
Gumshoos is supposed to be a detective(it's even in his goddamn name) and Dugtrio is just wearing a ****ing wig
I could care less about it if it wasn't for the fact some people laughed at me for liking Gumshoos because for them the Trump resemblance is too strong
Also doesn't help Gumshoos did nothing wrong and shouldn't be associated with people like Trump
#GumshoosDidNothingWrong
I swear to god, I'll pistol whip the next person that compares Gumshoos to him

Burruni

Smash Hero
"Kahili is a golfing gneius from right here in Alola, and she's quite strong in Pokemon battles, too! She's off conquering the world right now, but I hope she comes back home someday."
Champion confirmed?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Gumshoos is what Alola actually needed. If it was remotely like Trump, it wouldn't of allowed the main character to live in Alola. :4megaman:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
"Kahili is a golfing gneius from right here in Alola, and she's quite strong in Pokemon battles, too! She's off conquering the world right now, but I hope she comes back home someday."
Champion confirmed?
That's what I'm betting on. It made a lot of sense when I saw it.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
#GumshoosDidNothingWrong
I wonder if they revealed that Pokemon in a different gen when Donald Trump isn't as relevant, It would have been compared with the Ace Attorney character of the same name and occupation instead.

Poor pal.....

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Well, now that I've gotten my report out of the way and I'm back, I'll give my thoughts on the leaks:
81 Pokémon
-I'm not surprised, after the Sivally leak hit, I figured it was best to expect a low number and it turned out I was right in suspecting that. I think what bothers me about this number though is the proportion of unevolved Pokémon as many of them could've benefitted from one (especially Komala), and the type distribution, which I guess they're using Alolan forms to make up for. I feel the dex could've been a bit more balanced, but oh well, I still like a good amount of the Pokémon here.

Another major complaint I have with this is that GF again played most of their hand. We're currently at 53 new Pokémon officially revealed, and this datamine only shows 73 ignoring UB, so that means we have over 70% of the new Pokémon shown to us, with that number likely to get higher before release. So we could easily end with every single Pokémon laid out to us before release even ignoring this datamine, and that kind of feels off compared to every other generation before it (ignoring ORAS' deal with the Megas)

Alolan Pokémon
-I have to say, I'm really disappointed. As someone who loves Biology, I love the idea of speciation in Pokémon and it was great to hear them dip into that aspect. Plus, Exeggutor, Ninetales and Sandslash were pretty good designs and gave me a lot of hope for it, so I had a lot of hope for the concept. But then it stumbled, a lot of the following ones just don't pop in the same way the original three did, and the last few I found to be very underwhelming, with Persian (despite looking like Garfield) and Golem in particular just dropping the ball for me. I feel they could've done so much with this concept, it's such an intriguing way to inject life into forgotten lines, yet so little is done with it that it just kind of feels wasted. I hope the next games, if they do this again, do a better job with this concept because it has potential, it just wasn't met here.

Evolutions
-I like the toucan, though I do agree that I expected something different from Pikapek. It seems like it's going to be the Samurott of this generation, except potentially even more questioned since it lacks a common thematic like Samurott had with its pre-evolutions.
-Wimpod's evolution is awesome, I think many expected it to get 'badass' upon evolution and it did not disappoint. I love how they took the Giant Isopod look and just made it so intimidating, it's a great design and I'm so glad that I considered putting Wimpod on my team earlier.
-Salandit's evo is also pretty nice, it kind of does remind me of Cleopatra.

New lines
-The Metroid bug is awesome to me as I like the alien aspects of its design. If I didn't already have Wimpod pegged for my team, this little guy would be on it.
-I'm probably going to wait to comment on the anchor since I can't really get a feel from that sprite.
-Love the new Tapus, Koko's probably still my favorite of the bunch, but I do like the designs behind all four.

UB
-I'm not sure how I feel about them being potentially catchable. On the one hand, I liked the idea of non-catchable bosses as that helps add to their alien nature and makes them feel outworldly compared to what we know, and it's a great theme to have for these guys. On the other hand, I like the designs of most of them as they remind me of the D-Reaper agents and NGE Angels, which are designs I do enjoy, so being able to use them would be appealing. So I'm kind of neutral on that aspect, but I'm looking forward to seeing how they work in the game's story, which thankfully is still underwraps from what we've learned.

All in all, an interesting datamine. A good amount of things were shown that I liked, and some that did greatly disappoint me, I'm still looking forward to playing these games and using these guys, but I would be lying if I didn't have some misgivings here and there.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Enjoying the demo a ton so far. Love the improvements over Generation VI.

And to spoil or not to spoil? Might as well that's asking a LOT when the game is 31 days away and EVERY Pokémon is already known.

And do we have the National Dex numbers for OFFICIALLY REVEALED ONLY Pokémon plz?.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Enjoying the demo a ton so far. Love the improvements over Generation VI.

And to spoil or not to spoil? Might as well that's asking a LOT when the game is 31 days away and EVERY Pokémon is already known.

And do we have the National Dex numbers for OFFICIALLY REVEALED ONLY Pokémon plz?.
No, there weren't proper dex numbers in the demo.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Curious: Are Zygarde Cell & Core coded like normal Pokémon or is it only a Zygarde Cube thing?

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Champion confirmed?
My thoughts exactly, but then I thought that if there are kahunas, and not gyms, there might not be a champion. Or at least, there would be a different name for it.

Also, I'd much prefer it if Hau ends up my rival, rather than Gladion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom