• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So one other question:
any of the Pokemon found in the data mine, able to be fit withing the first 3 routes? Reviewers said they saw at least one new mon.
Depends on if they were counting Alola forms...hint hint.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm just gonna wait for the full release.

I just want spoilers for the Pokémon and that's it.

And I love all the new ones that are hidden especially one that makes me think of a Zerg

Chrono.

Okay I looked at the leaks

The Chinese leak only said there was a snowman and a dolphin. Nothing more or less.

The one that went into specifics regarding them was the "real leaks" leak and the "split evos" leak. The former which only the first post has any merit and the second which is pretty fake as we all know

Also both of those leaks are the only ones that mention the Darwin Cat.

So that was pretty fake. Darwin Cat never existed.

Also.
For people's qustion on the snowman thing.
Are the chinese characters for Yeti and Snowman close? Like... couldn't Yeti be literally written as Man of Snow?
Doesn't match up with its claim on the type, but it is two-stage.
And they messed up on a ton of alolan forms too.
Yes actually.

It was talked about on Bulbagarden forums

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
The demo is making me unsure if i want to pick the guy or girl character when I get the full game......both look really cool.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Depends on if they were counting Alola forms...hint hint.
I don't think so. None of the remaining ones fit that bill. The one from the demo could, but most people didn't make it to the first city. GX only just got to the trainer's school, they wouldn't have seen that one.

And totem Hakamo-o calls Rockruffs from the sky lmao.

D

Deleted member

Time for my thoughts as well
We already knew about the starter evos but I want comment on Popplio's shiny final evo and the fact GF knows blondes are one of my weaknesses

Pikipek evolve into Toucanmon? That's surprisingly odd but I like that we finally have a Toucan Pokemon, too bad it looks to be Normal/Flying

14 Pokemon thst doesn't evolve, that's actually a lot proportionally speaking out of 37 non-legendary evo lines
Crabawler was one that I didn't expect to get an evo but guess I was wrong

Wimpod evo looks really cool but GF seriously needs to stop with all the cool Water Pokemon this gen

Hentai-chan gets an evo and I still have no idea of what it's supposed to be

Salandit evo looks like a stretched version of itself lol
Morelull gets pretty creepy wtf

The anchor thing looks like a Ghost/Water to me but I really hope it has some other secondary typing so I can use it

Finally, the most important thing of all
648.png

Shiny Baile Oricorio is perfection and I'm sad I still can't use it as an avi

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't think so. None of the remaining ones fit that bill. The one from the demo could, but most people didn't make it to the first city. GX only just got to the trainer's school, they wouldn't have seen that one.

It definitely could be Alolan Geodude or Diglett, IMO.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So playing the demo and I noticed something interesting. I don't know if it's been happening for a while now and I never noticed or if it's something newly added to Sun and Moon, but. . .

One of the trainers I'm fighting in the "demo postgame" threw out a Pikipek. . .in a Great Ball. Have trainers been catching things in stuff other than basic Pokeballs before, or is this new?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It definitely could be Alolan Geodude or Diglett, IMO.
Well that's possible, new pokemon doesn't equal new Alolan forms to me though. We'll see. I asked Andre and Ash about it. on Twitter, to see if they responded.
So playing the demo and I noticed something interesting. I don't know if it's been happening for a while now and I never noticed or if it's something newly added to Sun and Moon, but. . .

One of the trainers I'm fighting in the "demo postgame" threw out a Pikipek. . .in a Great Ball. Have trainers been catching things in stuff other than basic Pokeballs before, or is this new?
You don't have to, and that's a feature newly added to Sun and Moon.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Day 18: Spider Dance

Of all the monstrous songs in this game... to only pick one is quite the shame!

Tomorrow...
This deadly dance is quite old...
But this song's tune is more romantic.
For a hint, look to a mouse...

When this song was played in a special quite hectic.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

This is new to the series. We've seen an instance of this earlier when Plumeria threw an Ultra Ball

Chrono.

Now that I'm home I can make my TYPE SPECULATION LIST.

Rowlet 3 will likely stay Grass/Flying
Litten 3 Fire/Dark
Poppilio 3 Water/Fairy
Pikipek line Normal/Flying
Crabrawler evo Fighting/Ice
Sea urchin Water/Poison or Fairy/Poison
Metroid Spider Bug/Psychic
Morelull evo stays the same
Wimpod's evo either says the same or, gets a new second type which imo could be either Dark, Fighting or, getting bold here, Dragon
Salandit evo stays the same
Anchor could be a Water/Ghost? Steel/Poison? Steel/Ghost?
Tapus will probably match the Oricorios as predicted
Marshadow Dark/Fairy

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well that's possible, new pokemon doesn't equal new Alolan forms to me though. We'll see. I asked Andre and Ash about it. on Twitter, to see if they responded.

You don't have to, and that's a feature newly added to Sun and Moon.
This is new to the series. We've seen an instance of this earlier when Plumeria threw an Ultra Ball
Ah, alright, good. It's a nice touch, I think I always did have a little bit of fridge logic hanging in the back of my mind about why everyone was using basic Pokeballs for everything they encountered, LOL. Nice little boost to immersion.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Well apparently there are some still we don't know.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Also in the demo, there actually is some grass to catch Pokemon from in the city for a change! . . .It's a little sad that the game has to go through a fraction of a second loading screen every time you open a gate though, LOL. Hopefully the next system Pokemon games release on doesn't make you load for things as minor as that.

*EDIT* Looking at it, it's because they didn't bother to animate it. I guess the resources went elsewhere?

*EDIT EDIT* Wait, is this a little Mexican restaurant? Aw that's so cu- HEY, I can't sit in the chairs! Downgrade! Downgrade!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I played the demo. Nothing too special but I'm loving the soundtrack, especially Team Skull's battle theme.

D

Deleted member

By the way, I forgot to mention this, but I'm probably gonna pick the female character for my first Sun playthrough.
The male character looks more generic then Calem from X and Y

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Oh, there's actually a video playing on a TV screen in one of these buildings instead of just a glowing screen. Nice! Love how each building you go into has it's own feel and tons of little details.

. . .Still sad I can't sit in chairs. This seems like it would have been a much better region for it than Kalos. I keep having buildings I want to enter but can't, too.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
By the way, I forgot to mention this, but I'm probably gonna pick the female character for my first Sun playthrough.
The male character looks more generic then Calem from X and Y
The male protagonists almost always look pretty generic throughout the series (bar certain exceptions), at least compared to their female counterparts imo. At least you can customise them though I suppose...

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Now that I'm home I can make my TYPE SPECULATION LIST.

Rowlet 3 will likely stay Grass/Flying
Litten 3 Fire/Dark
Poppilio 3 Water/Fairy
Pikipek line Normal/Flying
Crabrawler evo Fighting/Ice
Sea urchin Water/Poison or Fairy/Poison
Metroid Spider Bug/Psychic
Morelull evo stays the same
Wimpod's evo either says the same or, gets a new second type which imo could be either Dark, Fighting or, getting bold here, Dragon
Salandit evo stays the same
Anchor could be a Water/Ghost? Steel/Poison? Steel/Ghost?
Tapus will probably match the Oricorios as predicted
Marshadow Dark/Fairy
All agreed.
Sea Urchin/Anenomie/Whatever I see water over fairy for primary.
Anchor is Steel/Ghost.
Marshadow.. it's said to be unique, but isn't Garfield part fairy?

D

Deleted member

All agreed.
Sea Urchin/Anenomie/Whatever I see water over fairy for primary.
Anchor is Steel/Ghost.
Marshadow.. it's said to be unique, but isn't Garfield part fairy?
The leak that predicted the Dark/Fairy Alolan Persian was the same one that predicted a Fighting Arbok IIRC, and that leak is dead in the water.

Last edited by a moderator:
Though about leaked Pokemon:
Good:
- Wimpod's evolution is amazing. It will definitely be on my team.
- I'm satisfied on Salandit's evo. Some say it's boring, but I expected worse.
- Crabrawler's evolution looks great, as well, and looks like it'll be our first Fighting/Ice Pokemon.
- The anchor is cool, I guess.
- Alolan Geodude line is good. I was hoping it would be part Fire, though.
- Metroid Spiders are great.
- Ultra Beasts are cool... I just hope they have proper names if/when we can get catch them.

Neutral:
- Pikipek's evos are meh. Looks like they'll remain Normal/Flying, which is disappointing.
- Morelull's evo is somewhat disturbing, but not bad.
- Not sure do I like the idea of legendaries having pre-evos.
- No comment on the two new spiky Pokemon or the Tapus.

Bad:
- Not a fan of Alolan Diglett and Wigtrio. I wish they had more differences than just the wig.
- Alolan Persian is a disappointment as well, despite resembling my favorite comic book character.
- Ash-Pikachu. Never been a fan of Ash, but because of this I have a bad feeling they'll shoehorn him into the games. Thankfully it just wears Ash's hat instead of resembling him.
- Pyukumuku and Minior not evolving. They really should've got one. So should Mimikyu, but I never expected it to get one.
- No Alolan Ekans, Arbok or Nidoking. Looks like Alolan Raichu is the only Alolan form I'll be using. :(

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Day 18: Spider Dance

Of all the monstrous songs in this game... to only pick one is quite the shame!

Tomorrow...
This deadly dance is quite old...
But this song's tune is more romantic.
For a hint, look to a mouse...

When this song was played in a special quite hectic.
Yay, got another one. :D

Also, Night on Bald Mountain? Deadly dance referencing the Chernabog bit, the mouse referencing Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey?

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699

So I wasn't the only one who noticed that!

So I took a look at the dex list.
*looks at shiny alolan exeggutor*
I don't know how he did it, but Sideshow Bob has found a way into being in Pokemon.

Now that I've done the demo, I'm a little unsure about guy or girl. If I go with the girl I'll definitely customize her.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm still not sure what I'm gonna nickname most of my team members. I think I'll name my Rowlet "Jacques" after Jontron's parrot, and maybe I'll name my Silvally "Not Arceus", but other than that, I'm not sure.

Thoughts because everyone else is doing them and im onbreak from class anyway

• Starter Trio still looks great
    • Still Beltigre>Mermaid seal>>>>>robin hoot for me
  • Toucan is cool and I love any Pixar so this im a big fan of the middle evo even if it blatantly has nothing to do with it.
  • I like crabrawler's base form WAY more than yeti crab.
  • Happy that new spiky TCG pokemon has NOTHING to do with wimpod or muku like people were saying because that made no sense. Will wait for motion on this one
  • Strange bubble bug looks AWESOME.
  • mushroo evolution is TERRIFYING. Those cold dead eyes make zombie parasect look lively
  • Salandit evo actually makes me like salandit instead of just being ehhh
  • I assumed either zero to hero or staying a wimp for Wimpod. Looks like the former. Looks pretty cool
  • RIP koala evo. :(
  • Shipreck pokemon is AMAZING. One of my favorites from the mining
  • RIP Alola nidoking :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
  • Alolan geodude line looks prety cool
  • Alolan Persian looks fake lmao. Someone photoshopped an ill fitting nermal head onto a miscolored persian.
  • Alolan Dugtrio is just Dugtrio with hair. . .y tho?
no comments on the special ones
:061:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom