• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well there is 4chaners pff
but they are angry about everything
They're not the only pissy ones. 4chan, Twitter, FAQs, Serebiifourms- I could go on but I won't. But I could.

The only thing I myself am pissy about regarding everything we learned is the fact we learned anything at all. I'll get over it but still. ****-Up of the Year.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
My router decided to have a DNS problem just when I was trying to download the demo.
Imma destroy it with a hammer and call the phone company and say it fell from a shelf to get a free replacement.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
They're not the only pissy ones. 4chan, Twitter, FAQs, Serebiifourms- I could go on but I won't. But I could.

The only thing I myself am pissy about regarding everything we learned is the fact we learned anything at all. I'll get over it but still. ****-Up of the Year.
Never thought people hated an anime character so much, that would take it out on an imaginary monster
Wally was both. Hau could be both too, since he is your cousin.
He isnt related to you. Thats a term of endearment in Hawaii

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Ohhhh.
That makes more sense.
Still, no reason why friends can't be rivals. Wally, May, and Serena are all good examples of that.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Ohhhh.
That makes more sense.
Still, no reason why friends can't be rivals. Wally, May, and Serena are all good examples of that.
Wally: Good.
May: Didn't get a fully evolved starter and had 4 pokemon despite their goal being to fill out the pokedex as research until ORAS.
Serena: Had 4 pokemon at victory road?

But more honestly.
The rivals you had a drive to beat were most commonly the rougher ones.
Gary, Silver, and even to an extent Cheren.

edit: But most likely, Gladion's the "hard" rival and Hau's the "lax" one.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really wish people could just stop comparing Trump with Gumshoos and Alola Dugtrio
Gumshoos is supposed to be a detective(it's even in his goddamn name) and Dugtrio is just wearing a ****ing wig
I could care less about it if it wasn't for the fact some people laughed at me for liking Gumshoos because for them the Trump resemblance is too strong
Also doesn't help Gumshoos did nothing wrong and shouldn't be associated with people like Trump
#GumshoosDidNothingWrong
And not to mention Gumshoos has a beard. Donald on the other hand has neckfat. :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So for fun, I messaged my mom with an image of all the Dex models of the Alola Pokémon and asked her to pick her favorites. These were her responses (worry not, spoiler free people, none of the ones she picked were datamine reveals :p):

Rowlet
Popplio
Brionne
Rockruff
Komala
Yungoos
Gumshoos
Ribombee
Togedemaru
Bewear
Mudbray
Fomantis
Jangmo-o
Magearna
I should try it with my dad the next time I see him. :p

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
So for fun, I messaged my mom with an image of all the Dex models of the Alola Pokémon and asked her to pick her favorites. These were her responses (worry not, spoiler free people, none of the ones she picked were datamine reveals :p):

Rowlet
Popplio
Brionne
Rockruff
Komala
Yungoos
Gumshoos
Ribombee
Togedemaru
Bewear
Mudbray
Fomantis
Jangmo-o
Magearna
I should try it with my dad the next time I see him. :p
she has good taste

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Finally got all my work out of the way. I'm also aware about the leaks, so I'll post my thoughts.

Nice to see the starter evolutions are the real deal! Entermaid's sprite looks great, and so does Robinroot's. Beltigre's? Not so much.

Alola Persian looks bad. The face and puffed-up head completely ruins it for me.

Alola Geodude and Alola Graveler look pretty cool with those eyebrows. Alola Golem will take some getting used to though thanks to the beard and mustache. Hopefully it gets better typing compared to its normal form.

I'm predicting Pikachu will be the only Pokemon that can wear a special clothing: Ash's hat. Maybe its a reward you get for completing the game?

So Pikipekk evolves into the speculated Toucan Pokemon? Didn't expect that at first, but after reading how woodpeckers and toucans are closely related, I think the evolution makes sense. That Toucan 'mon is also one of the most realistic-looking Pokemon I have ever seen.

Not digging the Crawbrawler evolution at the moment. The face looks rather odd.

It looks like Toad was the inspiration for Morellul's evolution. They both have very strong similarities with each other, though the Morelull evolution looks pretty creepy.

I like Salandit's evolution. They definitely pulled off the femine aspect about it pretty well.

That virus-looking evolution line looks interesting. Something tells me it's going to have a pretty unique typing.

The sea-urchin leaked mon from the Sun and Moon TCG box picture looks alright. Same can be said about its evolution.

An anchor Pokemon? Pretty surprising. I'm predicting it will be a Steel/Water-type to fit the anchor theme, but the torn drape over its body makes the Ghost-type pretty plausible as well. I can imagine this Pokemon the likes of the Garbodor line, the Vanilluxe line, Klefki, the Palossand line, etc. as the kind of Pokemon Genwunners will point to as a sign GameFreak is running out of ideas. It has also has no evolutions or pre-evolutions, so I'm curious to see if it will be viablor the metagame when Sun and Moon comes out.

Wimpod's evolution is definitely badass. It looks like an alien out of those sci-fi alien invasion films. It even gives me Predator vibes. You know, come to think of it, remember when people speculated Wimpod would be the Magikarp/Feebas of Alola? If Wimpod is the type of Pokemon that chickens out and runs away from foes, its evolution looks the Pokemon that will relentlessly pursue its enemy no matter what. It really is a scary predator!

Komala and Mimikkyu don't gain evolutions? Not what I expected. I'm hoping they get some good stats to compensate that.

Looks like Kommo-o is our pseudo-legendary for this generation.

Tapu Koko is my favorite of the four Guardian Deities. I'm curious to know what animal do the pink and red Tapus take the shape of. I know the purple one is a Narwhal, but the other two are harder to identify for me. Is the red Tapu the one based on the Strange Souvenir? If it merged its arms together, it might look like a human tiki head, but I'm still not sure.

While the pre-evolution theory seems plausible, I think those small little things next to Solgaleo and Lunala respectively could be similar to Hoopa and its Unbound form where the little things are supposed to be the restrained form of the legendaries while Solgaleo and Lunala are supposed to be their true, "unbound" forms so to speak. I also speculate that these little things could be like the parasites similar to the Cloverfield monster. They latch on to the legendaries, but instead of being hostile like the Cloverfield parasites, they are docile in nature. They could also serve some kind of purpose for helping these legendaries out.

The UBs look cool, especially the crab-looking one.

Marshadow turned out to be much smaller than I expected. I think the small form we're likely at could be similar to what Solgaleo and Lunala and we will find out how Marshadow truly looks like in a few years, or it could be our Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/Manaphy/Shaymin/Victini of this generation.

Other thoughts:

Looks like this generation once again focused on quality over quantity. Not too many Alola Pokemon I dislike. However, it seems like GameFreak didn't learn their lesson in regards to revealing too much information, at least in terms of the Pokemon department. They made that mistake in ORAS with the Mega Evolutions, and it seems like here they make the mistake here with the Pokemon. A large majority of the Alola Pokemon and the Alola forms have already been revealed. At least they haven't revealed too much about the story or the in-game locations though.

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
After playing the demo and reading the leak, Sun/Moon is a blowout to me. It did so many things right (like nerfing BS strategies and masively improving the graphics) and did many things wrong.
The first big mistake of this gen is just like I predicted. Alola forms. Why do they even exist? I know why. They are lazy unit fillers so they don't need to make new creatures and at the same time please the idiot elitists that only like Gen 1. From a cynical business standpoint this is good, but from the standpoint of making things new and creative it is crap. Alola forms are rehashes of Gen 1 PkMn, and they have different typing, stats, movepool, and abilities then the original. They are new units. Why couldn't they be new monsters? Some of them look good like Ninetales, but the rest are unholy monstruosities like Alola!Persian or Alolan!Dugtrio And who was the guy who thought Geudude, Grimer and Rattata needed redesigns? No one cares about those monsters! The concept itself makes no sense at all as well. "They adapted to the environment" Oh yeah, why is Ledyba unchanged then? Why is Pikachu unchanged but Raichu is? Why the rest of Gen 1 pokemon unchanged? Why it only affects Gen 1 Pokemon? Are the rest aliens? (Johto is right next to Kanto what the hell?) Why do this phenomenon has never happened somewhere else? Where is my Hoenn!Zubat? Or my Sinnoh!Geodude? Why? What? How? The second one is the leak even existing. Who was the moron who forgot to delete the shiny sprites? The dude must be so fired right now. On the topic of the Pokemon what I think? Staters are alright, I knew #TeamPopolio would win by the end and I dont have a problem with Luchalitten, I think he is hilarious. Type Null looks cool, the ultra beasts look great and I'm fond of Yungoos Trump. I'm indifferent to the rest because they are so few and gimmicky, but I don't hate them. My third problem is playing the game. Maybe I'll get used to it, but the music is such a sleep powder I had to stop playing. As much as I disliked Gen 6 soudtrack, at least it didn't make me fall sleep.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
After playing the demo and reading the leak, Sun/Moon is a blowout to me. It did so many things right (like nerfing BS strategies and masively improving the graphics) and did many things wrong.
The first big mistake of this gen is just like I predicted. Alola forms. Why do they even exist? I know why. They are lazy unit fillers so they don't need to make new creatures and at the same time please the idiot elitists that only like Gen 1. From a cynical business standpoint this is good, but from the standpoint of making things new and creative it is crap. Alola forms are rehashes of Gen 1 PkMn, and they have different typing, stats, movepool, and abilities then the original. They are new units. Why couldn't they be new monsters? Some of them look good like Ninetales, but the rest are unholy monstruosities like Alola!Persian or Alolan!Dugtrio And who was the guy who thought Geudude, Grimer and Rattata needed redesigns? No one cares about those monsters! The concept itself makes no sense at all as well. "They adapted to the environment" Oh yeah, why is Ledyba unchanged then? Why is Pikachu unchanged but Raichu is? Why the rest of Gen 1 pokemon unchanged? Why it only affects Gen 1 Pokemon? Are the rest aliens? (Johto is right next to Kanto what the hell?) Why do this phenomenon has never happened somewhere else? Where is my Hoenn!Zubat? Or my Sinnoh!Geodude? Why? What? How?
yeesh... didnt think alolan forms would matter this much to people tbh

Soul.

Thunder Wave accuracy: decreased from 100 to 90
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Thundurus is mad.
Klefki is mad.
Game Freak is trolling.

I'm playing the demo rn; can't believe I'm playing this. Goddamn.

I love how characters actually have proportions now, as well as moving with the Circle Pad.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was so excited from the news yesterday, I completely forgot I had a doctor's appointment today and I missed it

Crap

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The first big mistake of this gen is just like I predicted. Alola forms. Why do they even exist? I know why. They are lazy unit fillers so they don't need to make new creatures and at the same time please the idiot elitists that only like Gen 1. From a cynical business standpoint this is good, but from the standpoint of making things new and creative it is crap. Alola forms are rehashes of Gen 1 PkMn, and they have different typing, stats, movepool, and abilities then the original. They are new units. Why couldn't they be new monsters? Some of them look good like Ninetales, but the rest are unholy monstruosities like Alola!Persian or Alolan!Dugtrio And who was the guy who thought Geudude, Grimer and Rattata needed redesigns? No one cares about those monsters! The concept itself makes no sense at all as well. "They adapted to the environment" Oh yeah, why is Ledyba unchanged then? Why is Pikachu unchanged but Raichu is? Why the rest of Gen 1 pokemon unchanged? Why it only affects Gen 1 Pokemon? Are the rest aliens? (Johto is right next to Kanto what the hell?) Why do this phenomenon has never happened somewhere else? Where is my Hoenn!Zubat? Or my Sinnoh!Geodude? Why? What? How?
Because not every single Pokémon would need to change due to the specific environment. A perfect example is Alolan Marowak. Alola has an over abundance of Grass types, which preyed on Marowak. Marowak, in turn, started using fire to fight back. That scenario isn't present in other generations, in-universe, because Marowak had far less competition.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Does anyone have bigger images of the other pokemon? The pics I saw were too small to really see the detail.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Thunder Wave accuracy: decreased from 100 to 90
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Thundurus is mad.
Klefki is mad.
Game Freak is trolling.

I'm playing the demo rn; can't believe I'm playing this. Goddamn.

I love how characters actually have proportions now, as well as moving with the Circle Pad.
As someone who loves messing with people with Klefki (and Qwilfish but that's more niche) this is saddening. Not too bad though; one half speed is still enough to cripple most foes and 90% isn't too bad.

Soul.

the music that plays in the Ferry Terminal is amazing holy ****.

think we have the full Alola dex and apparently it's smaller than Kalos'

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
What even is
Alolan Geodude/Graveler/Golem for typing? It looks like it could either be Rock/Steel or Rock/Electric

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
the music that plays in the Ferry Terminal is amazing holy ****.

think we have the full Alola dex and apparently it's smaller than Kalos'
Well I mean, to be fair, Kalos' regional Dex was comically massive in size. What was it, close to 400 Pokémon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom