• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
two things 1 i notice you thought nintendo waas getting lazy for not having 100 new pokemon this is inherantly false because nintendo dosent make the pokemon games, 2 the riddler never lied after a point he stopped posting riddles and made speculation posts

now then unrelated to the above discussion i have 2 more things to say for every one
1. why did people think mimikyu would get an evolution? the whole point is that it wants to imitate pikachu so it can be popular evolving would make it less popular because of raichu
2. i think wimpods evo looks like a bug/fighting...dunno why it just does
Because it's something that hides its true form in the guise of Pikachu because it feels it's unloved and unpopular.
It seemed lke the perfect set up for a Friendship/Happiness Evo, knowing the trainer has grown to love it for what it really is and not just a pikachu lookalike.
Edit: I feel like knowing what Pokemon dont' evolve is neough to warrant spoilre tags

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm starting to believe that Ash will be in the story

Edit, it's a bit like Ash-Greninja, it's Ash-Pikachu. How we get the different hats is a mystery still.
Oh he definitely is then, and I'm glad he is.

And I hear the snowman doesn't exist?

If that's the case, I think we are missing some Pokemon. As I really doubt it doesn't exist.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Because it's something that hides its true form in the guise of Pikachu because it feels it's unloved and unpopular.
It seemed lke the perfect set up for a Friendship/Happiness Evo, knowing the trainer has grown to love it for what it really is and not just a pikachu lookalike.
i can see where your comming from but that would be to its detriment as the only reason people like mimikyu is because of it looking like a 2nd grader drew a pikachu and that its trying to impress us....now granted we may very well get an evolution for it in gen 8 (gens 5,6,and 7 have set up a lot of single stage mons for post gen evolution)

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Twitter really needs a spoiler button, I nearly spoiled myself, although the final evolutions of the starters weren't saved, but they weren't in the first place anyways, since nearly everyone knew about them.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Overall thoughts on the datamined stuff.
Arroot looks nice. Surprising since the first two look so bad, but I guess even the least appealing Pokémon can get some form of redemption. Still, overall least favorite starter of the region, and honestly probably the least favorite period.
Beltigre looks really good. I wish there was a better transition from Torracat, but this is not a big deal. I just wish it wasn't Fire/ Fighting.
ENTERMAID IS NEAR PERFECTION. Originally I didn't like it that much but it's grown on me a lot. The Water/ Fighting dream may be dead but I don't care anymore.
I know that the regional birds have weird evolution lines but holy crap this one's just weird. A woodpecker to a bigger woodpecker to... a toucan? Not exactly an interesting one either. Cool, but not great.
Crabrawler evolves? INTO A YETI CRAB OF ALL THINGS TOO??? Completely out of nowhere but still really cool.
I still can't tell what the Water spike thing is supposed to be but it's cool.
YO ALIEN BUGS? Not as cool as Vikavolt but still awesome.
... Is Morelull's evo supposed to be creepy Alolan Toad?
Salandit... just evolves into a female anthro version. Well, Nidoqueen isn't the only scaley-bait anymore... But that's not a good thing.
Wimpod, WHAT THE HELL DID YOU TURN INTO AND WHY ARE YOU SO BADASS?! Expectations greatly surpassed here.
An... anchor?
... OK then.
Actual pre-evos for the legendaries? Wut.
Is that Marshadow? If so then my god it's so cute.

:094:

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Woodpeckers and toucans are actually closely related so it's not that farfetched for Pikipek to evolve into a toucan.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Overall thoughts on the datamined stuff.
Arroot looks nice. Surprising since the first two look so bad, but I guess even the least appealing Pokémon can get some form of redemption. Still, overall least favorite starter of the region, and honestly probably the least favorite period.
Beltigre looks really good. I wish there was a better transition from Torracat, but this is not a big deal. I just wish it wasn't Fire/ Fighting.
ENTERMAID IS NEAR PERFECTION. Originally I didn't like it that much but it's grown on me a lot. The Water/ Fighting dream may be dead but I don't care anymore.
I know that the regional birds have weird evolution lines but holy crap this one's just weird. A woodpecker to a bigger woodpecker to... a toucan? Not exactly an interesting one either. Cool, but not great.
Crabrawler evolves? INTO A YETI CRAB OF ALL THINGS TOO??? Completely out of nowhere but still really cool.
I still can't tell what the Water spike thing is supposed to be but it's cool.
YO ALIEN BUGS? Not as cool as Vikavolt but still awesome.
... Is Morelull's evo supposed to be creepy Alolan Toad?
Salandit... just evolves into a female anthro version. Well, Nidoqueen isn't the only scaley-bait anymore... But that's not a good thing.
Wimpod, WHAT THE HELL DID YOU TURN INTO AND WHY ARE YOU SO BADASS?! Expectations greatly surpassed here.
An... anchor?
... OK then.
Actual pre-evos for the legendaries? Wut.
Is that Marshadow? If so then my god it's so cute.

:094:
Beltigre is Fire/Dark.

Chrono.

So...

Dolphin = Narwhal Tapu?
Snowman = Crabrawler evo?
2 stage cat = Type Null?? (I realize that ones a bit of a stretch but considering how it's the only thing even close to resembling a cat in the full Dex that's not Meowth and having a type gimmick... I'm willing to chalk it up as somewhat misinformed leak like there has been in the past)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So...

Dolphin = Narwhal Tapu?
Snowman = Crabrawler evo?
2 stage cat = Type Null?? (I realize that ones a bit of a stretch but considering how it's the only thing even close to resembling a cat in the full Dex that's not Meowth and having a type gimmick... I'm willing to chalk it up as somewhat misinformed leak like there has been in the past)
I learned about these accidentally, so I'll comment.

The Snowman was list as a 2 stage Ice Ghost, so not whatever the crabrawler evo is(I won't look at it's pic.)

Type Null might be the cat, but it stated it could breed to different types. Type Null kind of does that without breeding though.

And playing the demo now. With that Opening, Ash definitely shows up, and knows your protag.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Also.
For people's qustion on the snowman thing.
Are the chinese characters for Yeti and Snowman close? Like... couldn't Yeti be literally written as Man of Snow?
Doesn't match up with its claim on the type, but it is two-stage.
And they messed up on a ton of alolan forms too.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so i have to ask did the original chinese leak ever mention what the snowmans type was

or are we bundleing it together with another leak(because i distinctly remember the original chinese leak never mentioning a cat)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Demo is downloaded! Thank you N3DS for being awesome. :p

D

Deleted member

Basic thoughts on the leaks.
Everyone's said this already, but Persian is garfield.
Marshadow is a dumb little bab.
Glad that the final evos were real.
UBs are shiny too? Perhaps they are catcherable.
The toucan is cool, but I wish it was a seperate line from the woodpecker.

Last edited by a moderator:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
>u< My beautiful mermaid seal! yay!
Tfw when Popplio's evolution looks prettier than Tony the Tiger's derpy buff cousin.

It feels good to be right.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Basic thoughts on the leaks.
Everyone's said this already, but Persian is garfield.
Marshadow is a dumb little bab.
Glad that the final evos were real.
UBs are shiny too? Perhaps they are catcherable.
The toucan is cool, but I wish it was a seperate line from the woodpecker.
the pokestar dudes from gen 5 also had shinies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So one other question:
any of the Pokemon found in the data mine, able to be fit withing the first 3 routes? Reviewers said they saw at least one new mon.

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
I was really hoping Litten's final evolution wouldn't be the wrestler, but now, after seeing its in-game sprite and that its fire/dark, I really like it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom