• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The problem with Wrath of Cortex was that it had waaaaaaaaay too many vehicles, a lot of them only popping up for one level.

It meant there wasn't much refinement to either the vehicles or the main level design.

Also it had really long loading times and felt really slow paced. Like, for some reason, the monkey bar sections are SO slow in Wrath of Cortex, while they were quick and snappy in previous games.
Yeah, the loading screens are my only beef with WoC. That I won't deny at all because the PS2 version was cringeworthy with it's loading times and whatnot. The GCN and Xbox version fixed this problem somewhat.

IDK, I liked the levels personally. It was still a fun experience overall and I have it as the 3rd best Crash game, below Twinsanity and Crash 3.
TwinSanity, on the other hand, was the best of the multiplatform Crash games, but I wouldn't put it above Naughty Dog's work other than maaaybe Crash 1.
Nah man. Twinsanity was at least better than the first 2. IMO it was better than all the Naughty Dog games which some people might not like to hear lol.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I haven't played Wrath of Cortex but from what i've seen it looks pretty good and innovative with some levels. I don't get the hate for the game really. Sure it might have not evolved that much from Crash 3 but Crash 3 was still a damn good game so that isn't a bad thing IMO.

Twinsanity was amazing. Not just because it was the first Crash game I played but also because of how fun it was with the open world and all the unique features (who doesn't get a kick out of sliding on Cortex?). This might be controversial but I honestly think Travelers Tales did Crash better than Naughty Dog did.
Wrath of Cortex just added way too much vehicles and gimmick levels. To the point where there wasn't much left of the actual platforming.

Can't say I disagree on Twinsanity though, but personally I wasn't a fan of the Crash trilogy in the first place.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Finding dory is probably to be good

I can't get excited for star trek because I was excited for star trek 2 and what we got was pretty bad imo

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I really liked Wrath of Cortex, but yeah, it has some issues. Mainly load times for me.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I can't get excited for star trek because I was excited for star trek 2 and what we got was pretty bad imo
Got to love those throwback movie posters though.

Seriously though, the first time I watched ST2, I was not impressed. But I have watched it again since then and it wasn't so bad for what it was.

D

Deleted member

So what movies coming out this year are you guys excited for?
Godzilla Resurgence, which is a foreign film.(And the speculation is pure gold.) Other that and Dr. Strange, there's nothing I can really think of that catches my interest at all for the rest of the year besides MAYBE suicide squad.

Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm really looking forward to Finding Dory. Finding Nemo was one of my absolute favourite films growing up - I've also played the game, in fact - so I'm very hyped about it.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Are you libertarian?
MMMmmhnnnnNNNNNNot really. Probably, kinda? Check my signature for that sweet Bastiat quote :D
I try to avoid labeling people (who I'm talking with, who I don't know enough about) and labeling myself, because it tends to... dissolve critical and rigorous thought.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm really looking forward to Finding Dory. Finding Nemo was one of my absolute favourite films growing up - I've also played the game, in fact - so I'm very hyped about it.
I remember getting stuck in the game when I couldn't find Flo in the first fish tank level for an embarrassingly long amount of time. Then I found out I may have done the moving block puzzle in such a way that it ended up unwinnable. Seven year old me then rage quit and returned it to Blockbuster because back then those still existed.

But yeah I'm definitely excited for Finding Dory.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Here's a gaming related question. AlphaOmegaSin released a new video about whether or not there's too many remaster/remaked games today. So the question is, are there too many remastered/remaked games on the market?

To me I think the gaming market is kind of getting oversaturated with them although it is nice to get games you didn't get on the previous console.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Not even Doctor Strange? :p That's probably the film I'm most excited for. Though that's probably just because I really like the character in general. I'm really excited to see how Cumberbatch pulls it off. I loved him in The Imitation Game, so I have high hopes.
Cumberbatch is awesome. Did you watched Sherlock? That show is simply amazing. First time I saw him and I instenlty begun to like him.

And to answer your question, the movie I'm the most excited to see is, also, Dr. Strange, with Finding Dory as a close second.

I barely watch movies anymore so it's hard to be hyped for things you haven't even heard about . . . Disney with Marvel tend to be good shows thoigh so Dory will be fun when I see that soon
Oh god I loved that game as a kid. . .until I found away to break the game so there was no way to continue in the sewer near the end of the game.

I ragequit and never came back >_>

Also **** those tile puzzles my child brain couldn't handle them

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I remember getting stuck in the game when I couldn't find Flo in the first fish tank level for an embarrassingly long amount of time. Then I found out I may have done the moving block puzzle in such a way that it ended up unwinnable. Seven year old me then rage quit and returned it to Blockbuster because back then those still existed.

But yeah I'm definitely excited for Finding Dory.
Same here, lol. There's nothing indicating her location next to Gill.

I also played it before watching the film, and it gave me a lot of wrong ideas about the film. >_>

:231:

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Seems I missed the political talk. May as well add in my two cents, though I'll add it in a spoiler seeing as how the topic has mostly resided, and so I won't trigger someone.
People's fear of Trump is rediculous. He can't be as bad as people are claiming him to be. The American system is designed to limit the power of the President. What's he gonna do? He's going to build a wall, which will be beautiful, and he's going to fix trade. Aside from that, its the cultural impact of Donald Trump that is going to be really special. Donald Trump is the greatest threat the political left has had in quite a long time. He is the single greatest threat to the shaming, name-calling, silencing, bullying, and more all from the left. He's not effected by accusations either. When he's accused of being a sexist, he either ignores it because it isn't true or doubles-down and explains why it isn't true. When he's accused of being a racist, he probably just laughs it off. Any time he's accused of anything, including the two mentioned before, it simply doesn't effect him. This is great because all the leftist media effectively loses its power to influence how people vote. Now, liberals have to come with facts and arguments with reason rather than spouting out whatever insults and random accusations come to mind when someone says "Trump".

Back on current topic. So, Finding Dory? Never liked the first Finding Nemo movie, even as a child, so I don't care for the sequal. I do remember owning the Finding Nemo Gamecube game though. Never beat it, as I stopped playing it once I got past a part I found scary as a kid. As for other movies though, I'm mostly excited for Doctor Strange, as well as every other MCU movie yet to be released. I still keep tabs on any future MCU movie news/details that pop up though. Such as Brie Larson being eyed to become Captain Marvel and so on. Also keeping tabs on Wolverine III, seeing as it's going to be Hugh Jackman's last performance as the character.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Here's a gaming related question. AlphaOmegaSin released a new video about whether or not there's too many remaster/remaked games today. So the question is, are there too many remastered/remaked games on the market?

To me I think the gaming market is kind of getting oversaturated with them although it is nice to get games you didn't get on the previous console.
I don't mind at all.

As long as the original games are great and the remakes/ports aren't ****.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So what movies coming out this year are you guys excited for?
Even though it's already out, I'm planning on seeing TMNT: Out of the Shadows. But I also want to see Finding Dory, Moana, Star Wars: Rogue One, The BFG, Suicide Squad (if I hear good things), and maybe Doctor Strange (I'm planning on catching up with the rest of the MCU this summer, since I've only seen two films).

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Even though it's already out, I'm planning on seeing TMNT: Out of the Shadows. But I also want to see Finding Dory, Moana, Star Wars: Rogue One, The BFG, Suicide Squad (if I hear good things), and maybe Doctor Strange (I'm planning on catching up with the rest of the MCU this summer, since I've only seen two films).
Oh yeah, forgot about Moana for a minute. That's high on my list as well.
I barely watch movies anymore so it's hard to be hyped for things you haven't even heard about . . . Disney with Marvel tend to be good shows thoigh so Dory will be fun when I see that soon
Oh god I loved that game as a kid. . .until I found away to break the game so there was no way to continue in the sewer near the end of the game.

I ragequit and never came back >_>

Also **** those tile puzzles my child brain couldn't handle them
TIL I'm not the only one who rage quit the tile puzzles.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I can understand this feeling regarding remasters. But there honestly isn't THAT many remakes these days. Keeping in mind that a remake is completely re-doing the game from scratch in a new engine.

In any case, I'm fine with them as long they don't eat too many resources and slow down the development of a main title. Or as long as a series doesn't become reliant on them. Also, as long as they don't tarnish the game in some way with new bugs and glitches.

I actually think they are really cool in general though. For stuff like Metal Gear Solid and Kingdom Hearts, it's great to be able to get all of the games in one place, and to be able to catch up on everything.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

To an extent, kind of...but not really, remakes have been happening for several years now...the numbers aren't really that much bigger than before (unless we're talking Zelda games)....at this point in time technology has gone to a level where games can really be brought to life and hardware limitations aren't nearly as big of an issue as it was back in the day...FFVII for example is one game that was severely hit by hardware limitations to the point where the franchise straight up boycotted Nintendo platforms for the longest time because of it...Now, in addition to better technology (as well as heavy fan demand) a remake for the game is more than warranted, in an attempt to bring the best out of the game...

...thing is a lot of games are getting waay out dated, especially some older titles from the NES and Game Boy for example...probably my most wanted remake at this time is Metroid II, while the game was still rather enjoyable to play, seeing it fleshed out to at least the same level as Fusion or Zero Mission can really bring out the best in the game...while say Super Metroid for example, doesn't quite need it as much as Metroid II which is actually very much outdated in comparison...super Metroid still functions rather well by today's standards...

Also remakes are a great way to introduce the newer generation of gamers to these games and franchises...even though some of them are just shiny new versions of said games...

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Why, why did I look through the comment section for the So Sorry boss fight? It's like I've stepped straight into 4Chan, minus the numerous green texts.

Also, Trump will make America great again. Even better than Hilary Clinton. :troll:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27

I started watching Hero Academia. Got through the first three episodes.

Some damn good creativity and world building, but DAMN if I can't predict these writers HARD.
Glad that you seem to be enjoying it. It's truly one of my favorite recent WSJ adaptions since the Assassination Classroom anime.

Shame that it will only adapt one of the best parts of the first few arcs. Though I won't spoil it for you, just see it for yourself. :p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
OH yeah today's episode of the anime for XYZ seemed pretty good. The end revealed that Alain has been collecting badges and that his goal is to fight Ash in the final round of the league.

This could and probably does mean, that Ash is ending up in the finals of a league finally! still thinking Team Flare will show up though, and end the league.

But if they don't, what would be your thoughts if Ash finally wins the league after all this time?

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Godzilla Resurgence, which is a foreign film.(And the speculation is pure gold.) Other that and Dr. Strange, there's nothing I can really think of that catches my interest at all for the rest of the year besides MAYBE suicide squad.
Rogue One is this December, just saying.

I'm most excited to see X-Men: Apocalypse (I'll probably see it on Tuesday), The Conjuring 2, Doctor Strange, Rogue One, and Suicide Squad. I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
100 pages baby!

EDIT: Super fail

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
why

How and why did that happen?
I don't know?

I don't know either. Either the law in states like Alabama sees nothing wrong with it or they are plain desperate to lump that and same sex marriage in the same category as each other. It's actually disturbing that America is slowly trying to make THIS acceptable.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I don't know?

I don't know either. Either the law in states like Alabama sees nothing wrong with it or they are plain desperate to lump that and same sex marriage in the same category as each other. It's actually disturbing that America is slowly trying to make THIS acceptable.

Here's what I got out of a quick Google search.

Legal: Alabama, Hawaii, Kentucky, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Ohio, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming and Washington, D.C.

Illegal: Elsewhere

I've always thought a high school pal was lying when he said some states are making zoophilia legal. But after what I've seen, I finally believe him....

D

Deleted member

Rogue One is this December, just saying.

I'm most excited to see X-Men: Apocalypse (I'll probably see it on Tuesday), The Conjuring 2, Doctor Strange, Rogue One, and Suicide Squad. I'm sure I'm forgetting something.
Oh yeah, thank you for reminding me, I'll be seeing that too. Especially considering the director, Gareth Edwards, who directed Godzilla 2014 So I'll be seeing that regardless.(It's too bad he won't be filming the rest of the Godzilla series anymore, the big budget movies are stressing him out.)

I'll also be seeing warcraft out of pure curiousity.

Other than that, I'll probably get interested in some more films as time goes, but for now, I've already seen a lot of good movies this year. Even X men Apocopyse which was critically panned ended up being pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You think that is bad, currently 14 states in the US actually legalized the same rule. Somewhere out there, people are already dating horses for their own sick desires. Crickey! :urg:
Why is this even possible? What ever happened to animal rights?

Edit: Lol, everyone is waiting for the next post so they can post first on 100.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom