• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus Christ Kingdom Hearts just blew up the Wicked sptepsisters/stepmother from Cinderella.

like. . with a bomb. With screams of pain

Jesus Christ Square >_>

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Jesus Christ the Kingdom Hearts just blew up the Wicked sptepsisters/stepmother from Cinderella.

Jesus Christ Square >_>
Yeah, that moment was a bit uncomfortable for me too.

I mean I know Kingdom Hearts does some dark stuff, but usually that's reserved for original KH characters and FF characters, or Disney characters that are from darker movies (like Pirates of the Caribbean, where we actually get to see Will's blood just like in the movie).

And I know the step sisters and step mother are completely unattractive and unappealing characters from every possible angle.

But literally killing them (it wasn't implied that they just "lost their hearts" or anything, they straight up got blown up) seemed a bit over the top, especially since everything is all hunky dory after and the other characters don't bring it up.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
This years election is like apes flinging **** at eachother, it's pretty pathetic. I've never been more happy to live in Europe.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Related to ChikoLad ChikoLad 's post. Really hoping for Crash Twinsanity to be released on the PS4 PSN. Same with Wrath of Cortex.

Chrono.

Related to ChikoLad ChikoLad 's post. Really hoping for Crash Twinsanity to be released on the PS4 PSN. Same with Wrath of Cortex.
You know, as much as I rag on the Crash games, Twinsanity had the right idea of where to take the series.

Shame it was rushed/unfinished, the game still was functional but, yeah.

Wrath of Cortex can go away though.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ohhh my god yessssssss

They announced the next comic mini-series in the Disney Kingdoms line after The Haunted Mansion.
We're getting The Enchanted Tiki Room! :D

This was one of the attractions I wanted them to do the most. Sooooo glad they're doing it. Now I just need to see:
- Space Mountain
- Jungle Cruise
- Pirates of the Caribbean (though that might wait a while considering Disney has another Pirates comic starting this August)
- Figment 3 (Figment 2 ended on a sequel hook)
- Discovery Bay (another unbuilt-attraction I want them to tackle)
- Expedition Everest
The tiki room is a pretty interesting choice. I wonder how they'll go about it. It's neat that the do these.
Huh? I checked my Twitter and saw this. Did I miss when the thread talked about it? It does say In Case You Missed It.

How is this going to work? Because something seems off about the idea that I can't quite put my finger on, but if they just put up a poster with a QR code on it in Gamestop instead of forcing people to pick up cards that have a limited amount then I may go to IRL event Pokemon handouts again.
We briefly talked about it without really saying anything. If it's restricted or balance, I'm fine with it. I won't be using it probably but I think it/'s alright. It be interesting if they tied a new pokemon to this, through evolution or obtaining it imo.
Jesus Christ Kingdom Hearts just blew up the Wicked sptepsisters/stepmother from Cinderella.

Jesus Christ Square >_>
They had it coming!

In fact don't they get brutally killed in the actual grims story?

D

Deleted member

Happy Birthday @Frostwraith!

Yeah, that's probably it. I haven't really touched My Castle that much aside from a couple things, so I haven't really gone online and got either rewards as a result.

Congrats on getting the skills though
I didn't get most of then though, they're mostly from other castles :p
Oh yeah, because Hillary would be a wonderful president.

What makes you think Trump will be so bad anyway, in the very least his economic plan doesn't have large raises in the amount of taxes I'd have to pay

If Bernie got elected our taxes would skyrocket
He'd pretty much screw relations with other countries and the image of the US.
Also, I don't know about you but I wouldn't want someone racist to control my country
Sorry but economics aren't the only thing that matters

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ever thought those higher taxes would benefit the economy?

Typical textbook tax related effects.

Heard about it in a Gamexplain video.

I agree with them that all these QR codes will be online not long after the game releases so people could just scan everything if they wanted.
I don't care about the people those taxes would be helping. I only care about me and my family. My family is already suffering and isn't eligible for any of those government programs. We'd just be suffering more for people I don't care about.

My grandmother is being recommended to divorce my grandfather so she isn't left in financial debt while he's slowly fading away from Parkinson's in a old folks home that's like $15,000 a month. And she isn't eligible for medical aid. She's going to eventually have her house taken from her. The reason she's not is because she'd be left without any control over what they do to him and because the principal of it.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Whatever he does will affect World Politics and Peace.
Most certainly for the positive. No, not in general, but moreso than the other candidates.
Why? Because Hillary is a warmongering neoconservative through and through. Billy Kristol would rather have her than Trump.
This is the only thing any of the candidates differ in any significant capacity IMO.
All (hyperbole ahoy!) of them are watered down Bernie on economic issues, all of which will cause ruin to one degree or another.
Trump, however, is the only one to state anything like "I could get along with Putin." Meanwhile Killary has said "Putin is a threat to peace." The fact she forwards the propaganda about the whole Ukrainian debacle, the politicians of Kiev being controlled by western intelligence and the foe of the Ukrainian people, and all the rest, is telling. You don't want WW3, then have Russia and the US on good terms.
Trump said he wanted to end NATO (NATO's enemy doesn't exist any more, and treaties are a danger to peace, as WW1 showed us, and as Turkey is attempting to show us now); that US soldiers should leave Korea, German, Japan, etc. (Another good! It will be a blow to the military industrial congressional complex, not to mention the people living near our military bases will feel safer (because the US insists on trying their soliders in military court instead of local courts, the former of which are notoriously lenient, so we have a perverse incentive on our boys to do evil like the all time classic ****) AND maybe the nations will pick up their own military production so they can defend themselves and deal with issues, like Japan with China in the South China Sea (which was instigated by American maneuvers, mind, just like Japan with Pearl Harbor as we blockaded their oil routes and were aiding their foes in Europe, known to be coming by Eisenhower (who wanted an excuse to go to war, so he let their navy come along), so not all interest is beholden to an empire.) He said of dictators Saddam Hussain and Muammar Ghadafi, sure, they were monsters, but at least they fought the far-worse ISIL type terrorists! He said we were mistaken to get into the Middle East. He asked are Iraq and Libya better off for our intervention? He answered with a resounding No. And now they want to go into Syria? Not on my watch, he averred.

Sorry for messy post. Copy pasted and edited bits.
Edit: I should mention two. Bernie supported the Kosovo wars, Afghanistan and Iraq, etc. He's not anti-war in voting. Gary Johnson isn't principled, but he vaguely opposes interventionism.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh yeah, because Hillary would be a wonderful president.

What makes you think Trump will be so bad anyway, in the very least his economic plan doesn't have large raises in the amount of taxes I'd have to pay

If Bernie got elected our taxes would skyrocket
I can't get behind a presidential candidate who's racist, sexist, potentially ableist, xenophobic, and altogether toxic and childish, not to mention will just end up getting us into even more pointless wars and wasting more money and has an absolutely backwards view on energy consumption and climate change. And that's not even getting into how he's worryingly dense when it comes to press freedom, when density can be dangerous to reporters should he get into office.

I mean, you do you, but I'm not voting for a guy who stands for basically everything I'm against. Sure, Hillary's got issues too, but at least I wouldn't be ashamed if my own country elected her.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I can't get behind a presidential candidate who's racist, sexist, potentially ableist, xenophobic, and altogether toxic and childish, not to mention will just end up getting us into even more pointless wars and wasting more money and has an absolutely backwards view on energy consumption and climate change. And that's not even getting into how he's worryingly dense when it comes to press freedom, when density can be dangerous to reporters should he get into office.

I mean, you do you, but I'm not voting for a guy who stands for basically everything I'm against. Sure, Hillary's got issues too, but at least I wouldn't be ashamed if my own country elected her.
You think Hillary wouldn't get us into pointless wars, you think she hasn't ALREADY.

Ivander

Smash Legend
They had it coming!

In fact don't they get brutally killed in the actual grims story?
I'm pretty sure they don't die, but the sisters do get their eyes pecked out by doves and become blind permanently. Funny enough, in the version before the Grimm story, Cinderella forgave her step-family(after they begged for forgiveness) after she put on the slipper and the sisters actually get married to members in the castle.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I love how this doesn't address any of the points he made and tries to counter something not even mentioned in Opossum's post
You're trying to pretend Hillary isn't also most of those things

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Honestly at this point I'm just scared. I don't care who it is, I'm frightened for where this election takes us.

Both for the future of me and my close relatives/friends, and for whatever shape America is going to take after all this. This is going to be one of the biggest presidential runs for us, and for better or for worse we're going to go through it.

All I can ask is to send condolences. I don't know if I've said this yet, but Lord knows this is not going to end well.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You think Hillary wouldn't get us into pointless wars, you think she hasn't ALREADY.
On the contrary, I acknowledge the fact that she might. One of the big reasons I was (and still am) entirely pro-Bernie. Hillary to me is just the lesser of two evils.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
On the contrary, I acknowledge the fact that she might. One of the big reasons I was (and still am) entirely pro-Bernie. Hillary to me is just the lesser of two evils.
And I don't think she is the lesser of the evils

I don't like talking politics because I have to pretend like Trump Is a good choice.

Also because it makes me so angry I can't really think straight.

D

Deleted member

You're trying to pretend Hillary isn't also most of those things
I never said anything about that
You asked why Trump was bad and we gave our points but you act like we're defending Hillary when I didn't even mention her
Opossum admitted she has her issues but she's still the lesser of the two evils

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Opossum Opossum , once you divest yourself from the fiction of this being "your" country, you will never feel ashamed at what it does again. :D
Indeed.
Her record as Secretary of State is frightening. She defended the MICC at every turn (more funding for the Pentagon, yay!) and endlessly advocated for more and more intervention. Why is this not common knowledge at this point?
Lybia, Belgrade, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Crimea, Kosovo...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeffrey-sachs/hillary-is-the-candidate_b_9168938.html
https://www.rt.com/news/332022-assange-clinton-vote-war/

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I never said anything about that
You asked why Trump was bad and we gave our points but you act like we're defending Hillary when I didn't even mention her
Opossum admitted she has her issues but she's still the lesser of the two evils
As I've shown, certainly not on matters of foreign policy and peace.

Also, people vote for the lesser of two evils their entire life and wonder how they end up with evil. None of these candidates offer 'real change we can believe in.' Save, perhaps for the death of the Republican party controlled by Neocons (please, please, please) or the death of the Democratic party controlled by the neolibs(which are neocons). Please.
The only chance for real change is to play the long game. Go for hearts and minds rather than "this candidate will solve things!" We need cultural and intellectual change before we have reasonable chances at political change.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And I don't think she is the lesser of the evils

I don't like talking politics because I have to pretend like Trump Is a good choice.

Also because it makes me so angry I can't really think straight.
Nah, it's all fine. Like I said, I'm not holding anything against you or anything. I just disagree is all. We both have different reasons for thinking the way we do. :p
I'll offer a new subject.

So what movies coming out this year are you guys excited for?

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I'll offer a new subject.

Expert tactics.

I never really look for movies--usually it's family / friends who invite me. It works out, and means I don't have to keep track of what's coming out :D

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
As I've shown, certainly not on matters of foreign policy and peace.

Also, people vote for the lesser of two evils their entire life and wonder how they end up with evil. None of these candidates offer 'real change we can believe in.' Save, perhaps for the death of the Republican party controlled by Neocons (please, please, please) or the death of the Democratic party controlled by the neolibs(which are neocons). Please.
The only chance for real change is to play the long game. Go for hearts and minds rather than "this candidate will solve things!" We need cultural and intellectual change before we have reasonable chances at political change.
Are you libertarian?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Nothing much to be honest. There's nothing really that catches my eye.
They are having a few re-releases at a theater I go to though, so that's been neat.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So excited for Kaabii Planet Robobot tomorrow!

The new LEGO Dimension stuff looks really kewl. Still not enough to invest in it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Nothing much to be honest. There's nothing really that catches my eye.
They are having a few re-releases at a theater I go to though, so that's been neat.
Not even Doctor Strange? :p That's probably the film I'm most excited for. Though that's probably just because I really like the character in general. I'm really excited to see how Cumberbatch pulls it off. I loved him in The Imitation Game, so I have high hopes.

Chrono.

Movies I'm hyped for? None.

I'm morbidly curious about Suicide Squad, but that's about it.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
You know, as much as I rag on the Crash games, Twinsanity had the right idea of where to take the series.

Shame it was rushed/unfinished, the game still was functional but, yeah.

Wrath of Cortex can go away though.
I haven't played Wrath of Cortex but from what i've seen it looks pretty good and innovative with some levels. I don't get the hate for the game really. Sure it might have not evolved that much from Crash 3 but Crash 3 was still a damn good game so that isn't a bad thing IMO.

Twinsanity was amazing. Not just because it was the first Crash game I played but also because of how fun it was with the open world and all the unique features (who doesn't get a kick out of sliding on Cortex?). This might be controversial but I honestly think Travelers Tales did Crash better than Naughty Dog did.
I don't really watch movies that much personally unless it was part of school or something. Last time I was in a movie theater was back in 2007. Just not interested in the medium personally. That's why I come across as tone deaf in any sort of movie discussion lol.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I haven't played Wrath of Cortex but from what i've seen it looks pretty good and innovative with some levels. I don't get the hate for the game really. Sure it might have not evolved that much from Crash 3 but Crash 3 was still a damn good game so that isn't a bad thing IMO.

Twinsanity was amazing. Not just because it was the first Crash game I played but also because of how fun it was with the open world and all the unique features (who doesn't get a kick out of sliding on Cortex?). This might be controversial but I honestly think Travelers Tales did Crash better than Naughty Dog did.
The problem with Wrath of Cortex was that it had waaaaaaaaay too many vehicles, a lot of them only popping up for one level.

It meant there wasn't much refinement to either the vehicles or the main level design.

Also it had really long loading times and felt really slow paced. Like, for some reason, the monkey bar sections are SO slow in Wrath of Cortex, while they were quick and snappy in previous games.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Not even Doctor Strange? :p That's probably the film I'm most excited for. Though that's probably just because I really like the character in general. I'm really excited to see how Cumberbatch pulls it off. I loved him in The Imitation Game, so I have high hopes.
Not even Doctor Strange. I don't know, I've just been slowly burned out by superheroes. Even with comics I've been slowly going towards graphic novels and newspaper comics.

Not saying I hate superheroes nor will I not watch the films (knowing me I'm probably going to see Doctor Strange), but it's mostly there to me.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I played a good bit of some Wrath of Cortex recently. I kept dying at one boss so I'm hiatus with that game for now.

It's a really fun game and has a lot of things that I liked about Warped but something just feels missing.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Guys, just a warning/PSA. Don't lets political debates get too heated. If things get bad, users might get prohibited from bringing up political topics.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Besides the obvious hero flicks, I'm curious to hear more news of Bad Santa 2. Other than that there is: Finding Dory, Star Trek Beyond, the new Ice Age, Jason Bourne, Monkey King: Hero is Back, Suicide Squad, Sausage Party, Pete's Dragon, Fantastic Beasts, Rogue One, and Assassin's Creed.

Curious about all of them, will see how they fare before I watch them.

D

Deleted member

Wrath of Cortex was alright, but it was also one of those games that, when replaying a few years ago, I didn't enjoy anywhere near as much as I did when I was younger.

TwinSanity, on the other hand, was the best of the multiplatform Crash games, but I wouldn't put it above Naughty Dog's work other than maaaybe Crash 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom