• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I also want to see more of the other races associated with the Chozo...We learned a lot about the Luminoth in Echoes regarding the war with the Ing, though we could see more, as apparently they were distributed throughout the stars as much as the chozo...learning more on the Bryyonians would be neat as well...
there's also the Ylla which were mentioned but never actually encountered in any of the games...
I honestly want to see this as well, the Luminoth in particular were interesting because for only appearing in one game, you learned so much about them from their beginnings, to the Leviathan seed crashing into them, to the war with the Ing, to their near destruction at the hands of their worst enemies. It was a very well written story that was pieced together through the little tidbits you picked up along the way, and it's one of the things I really miss from the Prime games after they were done (it also may be one of the reason why I really like the Luminoth).

Hopefully, if we can get more Metroid games past this point, we can start seeing more of that, because it's an element that has a lot of potential to be expanded on.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Cyn Cyn I found a hilarious comic regarding the Space Pirate Lore you talked about:

Chrono.

I should get into Metroid more. I've dabbled in a lot of titles, but the only ones I've played extensively are Corruption and Fusion.

They were good, actually I'm still in the middle of Fusion which I took a break from and never really went back to it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I should get into Metroid more. I've dabbled in a lot of titles, but the only ones I've played extensively are Corruption and Fusion.

They were good, actually I'm still in the middle of Fusion which I took a break from and never really went back to it.
Remember that eshop sale? In EU,the Prime Trilogy is halfprice, and it might be the same for US

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Prime trilogy.
PC. Put it on Steam. You don't even have to upgrade the graphics because modders.
Nintendo, you want money?

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Stop talking about Metroid, guys. You are making me miss it more and more. :c I have a sad now. All your fault.

---

Also, completely random, but help me, guys. I have yet to ever really play a Kirby game (which sucks since I am a Nintendo collector), but I wanna get the Robobot Amiibo Edition. But, I have not played Triple Deluxe... I just assume Robobot is 'the same', but improved. Do you guys think that playing Robobot first will ruin Triple Deluxe a lot, making it instantly feel inferior? I am not sure which to get first..

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Prime trilogy.
PC. Put it on Steam. You don't even have to upgrade the graphics because modders.
Nintendo, you want money?
That sounds nice, but I doubt Nintendo will ever put any of their franchises on PC...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Stop talking about Metroid, guys. You are making me miss it more and more. :c I have a sad now. All your fault.

---

Also, completely random, but help me, guys. I have yet to ever really play a Kirby game (which sucks since I am a Nintendo collector), but I wanna get the Robobot Amiibo Edition. But, I have not played Triple Deluxe... I just assume Robobot is 'the same', but improved. Do you guys think that playing Robobot first will ruin Triple Deluxe a lot, making it instantly feel inferior? I am not sure which to get first..
Yes, but that's only because Robobot is better in pretty much every aspect
I assume you don't want the digital Prime Trilogy as you're a collector, otherwise you can get it for 10 euros

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Yes, but that's only because Robobot is better in pretty much every aspect
I assume you don't want the digital Prime Trilogy as you're a collector, otherwise you can get it for 10 euros
Darn, now I feel I really better get Triple Deluxe first. Have had a hard time finding it for a good price, haha. But thank you for helping me with my choice. ^^

Oh, and tbh, I have only bought TWO digital games for my Wii-U. Super Metroid, and Prime Trilogy (got it when it first released). My love for Metroid, and how much I miss it, made me have to get some digital games for it despite being a collector. I was so stupid to not get the physical Trilogy when it first released. So expensive now, but I of course need a physical one someday. -w- Oh well.
Still, thanks for the tip. :)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
To be fair, there used to be some Nintendo games on PC, way back when. But it makes more sense to keep 'em exclusive.

Anyway, they finally released the next Chapter of Dragon Fantasy on the 3DS. It's actually a neat challenge and a great updated game. The sprites are less chibi-like, the battle system is improved by make it outright in the field(plus enemies can randomly come in), and they made a lot of new funny ones. Mr. Rock and Mrs. Rock got a bigger Rock family. Like a Wererock variation(I forgot the exact name of it). It's decently challenging on its own too.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
*Implying Nintendo would put their IP on anything other than their systems* We call them exclusives, AKA selling points
Nintendo has a legalized monopoly privilege on the ideas--but what I mean to say is that such monopolies almost always mean that both supply and demand would be otherwise higher in a freer market. So, I mean they'd be getting closer to the optimal supply, thus optimal profit, by putting it on PC. I think the only selling point that makes sense for consoles being mass produced through economies of scale is being easy-to-use for those who don't want to mess with putting stuff together. Everybody would be enriched!

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Nintendo has a legalized monopoly privilege on the ideas--but what I mean to say is that such monopolies almost always mean that both supply and demand would be otherwise higher in a freer market. So, I mean they'd be getting closer to the optimal supply, thus optimal profit, by putting it on PC. I think the only selling point that makes sense for consoles being mass produced through economies of scale is being easy-to-use for those who don't want to mess with putting stuff together. Everybody would be enriched!
Considering Nintendo stuck to cartridges due to fear of CDs being pirated, Nintendo will likely never release its games on PC.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Considering Nintendo stuck to cartridges due to fear of CDs being pirated, Nintendo will likely never release its games on PC.
Anymore, anyway. Mario Teaches Typing is an example of a computer game. Same with Mario is Missing.

It's pretty much Arcade and Nintendo Consoles only. And I don't blame 'em for it. They have to have something worth going to them for. Cause it isn't "power".

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Anymore, anyway. Mario Teaches Typing is an example of a computer game. Same with Mario is Missing.

It's pretty much Arcade and Nintendo Consoles only. And I don't blame 'em for it. They have to have something worth going to them for. Cause it isn't "power".
What would be the point of releasing Mario Teaches Typing on console anyway? :p

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What would be the point of releasing Mario Teaches Typing on console anyway? :p
...Well, you can get actual keyboards for some of the consoles. Not anymore though.

And none. It released ages ago. Now, Mario is Missing would make for a fun VC game. Justified too, since edutainment games are not a bad thing in any way(unless they game is just plain unplayable, anyway).

Chrono.

So... I went on my old PSN account for reasons, decided to look at my old PMs and found probably the weirdest mail I've ever gotten.

I don't even remember what game was this for. Probably one of the Naruto ones since I didn't play much of anything else online. But yeah.

Some weird people out there.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Is there any reason why Nintendo haven't made Cloud/Bayonetta/Corrin amiibo yet?
Not sure, may be licencing to work out. Maybe that'll be one of the smaller announcements at E3.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I can't get behind a presidential candidate who's racist, sexist, potentially ableist, xenophobic, and altogether toxic and childish, not to mention will just end up getting us into even more pointless wars and wasting more money and has an absolutely backwards view on energy consumption and climate change. And that's not even getting into how he's worryingly dense when it comes to press freedom, when density can be dangerous to reporters should he get into office.

I mean, you do you, but I'm not voting for a guy who stands for basically everything I'm against. Sure, Hillary's got issues too, but at least I wouldn't be ashamed if my own country elected her.
All them American Presidents just keep making wars. They are all bad.
I'm starting to think there is a secret governemnt telling the public gov to do all that.

D

Deleted member

You should take a look at this.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=740455

Nintendo actually makes most profit off their hardware, so having more drive for people to buy said hardware is the most optimal to them.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Who else is looking toward to Injustice 2? New characters have been leaked/teased and I think they're all awesome additions.
For new characters we have Super Girl, Atrocitus, Gorilla Grodd, Captain Cold and Dr Fate.

Seeing how Ed made a poll of 3 characters asking which one we want to see playable with Captain Cold as an option I could only imagine that the two other mentioned characters will be playable (being Blue Beetle and Swamp Thing).

On top of those characters I think Darksied and Black Canary have very good chances. Darksied was playble in Injustice for mobile and MKvsDC, so why not put him in Injustice 2? He's also the ultamite D.C. Villain, so he's kind of important. Black Canary had concept art made of her for Injustice and is a very significant D.C. hero.

I also think Black Manta has a really good chance. Pretty much everyone, but Aquaman has a villain at this point, so it would make a lot of sense to add Black Manta; plus he's awesome.

Red Hood had a ton of people requesting him to be in Injustice, so maybe he'll get in this time.

Isn't Booster Gold getting a movie? It would make a lot of sense to add him if that's the case, even if it's not he's still pretty popular, so maybe.

Could we get Static Shock? Red Tornado? The remaining Teen Titans? More Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman villains? Could we get a joke character like Plastic Man?
I love speculating what characters will get in a crossover fighting game.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
You think that is bad, currently 14 states in the US actually legalized the same rule. Somewhere out there, people are already dating horses for their own sick desires. Crickey! :urg:
It's amazing how this stuff can happen, yet so many people still blindly believe that taboo is ignorance, everyone is equal, diversity is a strength, acceptance and inclusion are harmony, and bigotry and intolerance are "immoral"

Honestly, we brought this on ourselves.

----

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Who else is looking toward to Injustice 2? New characters have been leaked/teased and I think they're all awesome additions.
For new characters we have Super Girl, Atrocitus, Gorilla Grodd, Captain Cold and Dr Fate.

Seeing how Ed made a poll of 3 characters asking which one we want to see playable with Captain Cold as an option I could only imagine that the two other mentioned characters will be playable (being Blue Beetle and Swamp Thing).

On top of those characters I think Darksied and Black Canary have very good chances. Darksied was playble in Injustice for mobile and MKvsDC, so why not put him in Injustice 2? He's also the ultamite D.C. Villain, so he's kind of important. Black Canary had concept art made of her for Injustice and is a very significant D.C. hero.

I also think Black Manta has a really good chance. Pretty much everyone, but Aquaman has a villain at this point, so it would make a lot of sense to add Black Manta; plus he's awesome.

Red Hood had a ton of people requesting him to be in Injustice, so maybe he'll get in this time.

Isn't Booster Gold getting a movie? It would make a lot of sense to add him if that's the case, even if it's not he's still pretty popular, so maybe.

Could we get Static Shock? Red Tornado? The remaining Teen Titans? More Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman villains? Could we get a joke character like Plastic Man?
I love speculating what characters will get in a crossover fighting game.
All I really ask for out of Injustice 2 is for Deathstroke to return, and for Red Hood to join the fray. If Red Hood had an
Arkham Knight alternate costume
that'd be amazing. Other characters I'd like to see are Darksied and Black Canary, same as you, although I'd also love to see Beast Boy, Starfire, and Timberwolf as well. Also, they had Scorpion as a guest character in Injustice 1, so I'm curious on who they'd add in as a guest this time around. Ryu, Master Chief (Xbox)/Nathan Drake (PS), or Doomguy would all be amazing to see.

Last edited:

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...es-live-level-5-album-and-movie/posts/1568865

Kind of surprised this passed under my radar until now. Looks like the Xeno series & Okami won the Video Games Live Lvl 5 album kickstarter polls (beating out Earthbound & Undertale). Not surprisingly, Xenoblade was the winner of the separate Xeno series poll.

Based on the promo videos put out to promote the 3DS port, I'm guessing not very many musicians were involved with the original OST, so this quote is pretty hype:

Xenoblade held on to take the top spot!!

I just have two words...

GAUR PLAINS!

I'm already hearing it my head... 100 piece orchestra, 96 person choir, soloists, electric & acoustic guitars, jazz piano, massive percussion and ripping rock drums. OH MY!!! I have some serious work to do over the next few weeks!!

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Is there any reason why Nintendo haven't made Cloud/Bayonetta/Corrin amiibo yet?
Since there hasn't been a Corrin amiibo, I'd say they are coming...just later. It seems like they had their amiibo lineup planned in way advanced (since NWPlayer was able to predict the additional Splatoon amiibo due to the in-game models being updated months ago...) so the last batch of Smash DLC might have had to be fit in the next open spot.

I'm guessing August...perhaps with the Splatoon amiibo in July. The previous wave had 5 amiibo, and the July wave has 5...so it might be their quota (as stores need space to display them/ etc). I'm sure we will hear about them at E3 though.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So I was playing For Glory last night and ran into Stylesx2.

It was the greatest butt kicking I've ever recieved and I loved every second of it.

Played probably about 10 games and I won 2 though, which is honestly a decent confidence boost for me even though it shouldnt be! :V Plus good practice for the Megaman match up against :4shulk: since the match up is pretty tough.

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
So I selected a face (or was it an edge?) in Blender 2.7.2 and the program just went up and closed. No error messages or anything. The window instantly vanished in a single frame. Like "boop!"

And the thing is this has happened several times before, usually when selecting an edge. What the actual ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom