• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Took me a while to realize that sleep cycle is not a video game term and you weren't making a joke.
I think that my mind has been infected by video games.
Lol!
I feel you, bro. Video games have a good deal of insider baseball and mechanics talk, so the confusion is always lurking on a video game forum.
Ja, but sleep cycles are typically around 4 hours for normal humans. We've also lost a key phenomena of an hour of peaceful wakefulness between the two primary cycles of the night with the advent of artificial lighting messing our circadian rhythms: http://chnm.gmu.edu/courses/omalley/626/ekirch.pdf

---

MORE on the WikiLeaks events unfolding:
https://www.reddit.com/r/WikiLeaks/comments/57xtav/embassy_situation_what_we_know_so_far/
And an update to the Clinton / FBI files.
https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/788058872321826816

Assange is likely to be imprisoned (extradited, extraordinarily rendered) or killed (or suicided) soon. He's threatening leverage from files he hasn't yet released for his safety. Ecuador probably caved to pressure from the powers that be and their favored presidential candidate. At least the Dead Man's Switch will kick in if he bites the dust.
But hardly anything is 'confirmed.' I can confirm that my heart is pounding, though. This is life-or-death, real life espionage stuff straight out of a Tom Clancy novel.
At this point I'm wishing the impossible: that FSA agents spirit him away to Russia to be safely with Snowden. But that's not gonna happen, Putin and the FM say they stay out of other country's domestic business. LUL

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Lol!
I feel you, bro. Video games have a good deal of insider baseball and mechanics talk, so the confusion is always lurking on a video game forum.
Ja, but sleep cycles are typically around 4 hours for normal humans. We've also lost a key phenomena of an hour of peaceful wakefulness between the two primary cycles of the night with the advent of artificial lighting messing our circadian rhythms: http://chnm.gmu.edu/courses/omalley/626/ekirch.pdf

---

MORE on the WikiLeaks events unfolding:
https://www.reddit.com/r/WikiLeaks/comments/57xtav/embassy_situation_what_we_know_so_far/
And an update to the Clinton / FBI files.
https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/788058872321826816

Assange is likely to be imprisoned (extradited, extraordinarily rendered) or killed (or suicided) soon. He's threatening leverage from files he hasn't yet released for his safety. Ecuador probably caved to pressure from the powers that be and their favored presidential candidate. At least the Dead Man's Switch will kick in if he bites the dust.
But hardly anything is 'confirmed.' I can confirm that my heart is pounding, though. This is life-or-death, real life espionage stuff straight out of a Tom Clancy novel.
At this point I'm wishing the impossible: that FSA agents spirit him away to Russia to be safely with Snowden. But that's not gonna happen, Putin and the FM say they stay out of other country's domestic business. LUL
I think you're literally the only person here who cares about the wikileaks stuff

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
For anyone who's played Shovel Knight and cleared it:
I've got the Fishing Rod, Throwign Anchors, Mobile Gears, Propeller Daggers, Phase Locket,and Flare Wand. I'll also be grinding to get the Troupple Chalices to do something with the, and then grind to the Dust Knuckles.
If I grinded to get the Alchemy Coin, War Horn, and Chaos Sphere, will they help me get through the Tower of Fate stages?

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Christ, this thread moves fast! This is going to waste my time even more efficiently than Twitter does.

D

Deleted member

>On Battle Spot
>Feraligatr flinches opponent twice with Waterfall
Proof I am blessed by the RNG Goddess
I've got the Fishing Rod, Throwign Anchors, Mobile Gears, Propeller Daggers, Phase Locket,and Flare Wand. I'll also be grinding to get the Troupple Chalices to do something with the, and then grind to the Dust Knuckles.
If I grinded to get the Alchemy Coin, War Horn, and Chaos Sphere, will they help me get through the Tower of Fate stages?
Chaos Sphere is really good so yeah, go get it
Though I'd recommend you getting all for completionist purposes

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Christ, this thread moves fast! This is going to waste my time even more efficiently than Twitter does.
Isn't efficiency the lack of wasted time?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
If you explored the levels, not only can you grind, but you'll also find the other weapons. Anchors, Phase Locket and Alchemy Coin are my personal picks for subweapons unless it's an amiibo run
So, I should shut up?
Ain't gonna happen, sister. Terribly sorry.
That's not what I meant. Sorry it came across like that. What I meant by that is that because the only reason people here would vote Hilary is because they don't want Trump, it's basically a wasted effort. Same thing happens when I try to spread interest in the new Kamen Rider, nobody cares and I feel like I've wasted my time

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209

i never had to grind in shovel knight i always just had enought money on me

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
What's the Chaos Sphere? I never found that but I recall having most of the items. The War Horn wasn't something I usually used, since it wastes 20 whatever that potion stuff was :p I opted for my Fireballs and Anchors for most stages.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
What's the Chaos Sphere? I never found that but I recall having most of the items. The War Horn wasn't something I usually used, since it wastes 20 whatever that potion stuff was :p I opted for my Fireballs and Anchors for most stages.
Bouncy projectile that lasted for a limited time, works especially well against Plague Knight imo

D

Deleted member

I think I've only found 2 relics in my first playthrough of Shovel Knight.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

If I felt like that, I would have never become known as the Etrian Odyssey guy
Oh yeah? Well, maybe I would've been known as the trap guy if you people didn't keep on popping up. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Bouncy projectile that lasted for a limited time, works especially well against Plague Knight imo
Yep, I have no idea what that is.
Oh yeah? Well, maybe I would've been known as the trap guy if you people didn't keep on popping up. :p
Lol, How to quote the wrong people 101

D

Deleted member

Last HeartGold update for today:
Team:
:157: Burnie
:169: Robin
:181: McFluff
:123: Slicer
:130: (Shiny) King Karp
:247: Jasper
Defeated Jasmine and got my last 2 Team members.
Current location: Rocket Hideout

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Look what Bulbapedia has found!

Edit: It got set to private, I'll see if I can get up a brief summary of it later.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
That's not what I meant. Sorry it came across like that. What I meant by that is that because the only reason people here would vote Hilary is because they don't want Trump, it's basically a wasted effort. Same thing happens when I try to spread interest in the new Kamen Rider, nobody cares and I feel like I've wasted my time
Thank you. There was misunderstanding. Forgive <3

I'm not trying to sway people to Trump, though. I hope you would all know that. I think he's only marginally better, and I wouldn't vote for either (Probably Johnson or another third party).
My intentions are foremost to inform of this geopolitical spy drama unfolding before our eyes. Real life espionage and intrigue with real, high stakes. More than Trump or Clinton, I value transparency, as Assange says: "We open governments." If WikiLeaks taken off the board, by whoever, that's all the more corruption left unchecked. I tried to convey that in my rhetoric, but I probably did come off a bit as 'anti-Clinton.' It's a true story us common folk should have investment in, and I think that's the difference between this, Kamen Rider, and the whole Trump vs Clinton thing where people shut of their brains and repeat talking points at each other.
Oh, and the WikiLeaks reveal that Clinton Campaign wanted Trump to be the Republican nominee because it would make her opposition so unpalatable to so many Americans, and perhaps rightly so. Also, they employ innumerable astroturfers and infiltrate social media / information hubs like Reddit in order to Correct the Record. Most high profile politics does this to some degree. My point in all of this not 'Clinton bad,' I'd equally say 'Trump bad,' (and we unfortunately don't have WikiLeaks on him, but we've got the MSM to dig that dirt) but 'a lot of people are trying to manipulate us' is truer the call. I think that breaches party lines and shuffles away partisan rhetoric and ingrained biases.
And... thank you for suffering through my explanation of why I think my efforts aren't wasted. <3
Besides, you never know! Someone could be reading your Kamen Rider stuff and check it out because they're interested. :D I didn't even know there was a new one until now! Saltybet is my only exposure to Kamen Rider and his awesome divekicks / gun shoot.

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Bought the Chaos Sphere, currently watching that german video, then rpactice for weekly smash 4 meeting. Tonight I'll grind for dust knuckles, go the those ares and do the things with them ,then start the tower of fate.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Thank you. There was misunderstanding. Forgive <3

I'm not trying to sway people to Trump, though. I hope you would all know that. I think he's only marginally better, and I wouldn't vote for either (Probably Johnson or another third party).
My intentions are foremost to inform of this geopolitical spy drama unfolding before our eyes. Real life espionage and intrigue with real, high stakes. More than Trump or Clinton, I value transparency, as Assange says: "We open governments." If WikiLeaks taken off the board, by whoever, that's all the more corruption left unchecked. I tried to convey that in my rhetoric, but I probably did come off a bit as 'anti-Clinton.' It's a true story us common folk should have investment in, and I think that's the difference between this, Kamen Rider, and the whole Trump vs Clinton thing where people shut of their brains and repeat talking points at each other.
Oh, and the WikiLeaks reveal that Clinton Campaign wanted Trump to be the Republican nominee because it would make her opposition so unpalatable to so many Americans, and perhaps rightly so. My point in all of this not 'Clinton bad,' I'd equally say 'Trump bad,' but 'a lot of people are trying to manipulate us' is truer the call. I think that breaches party lines and shuffles away partisan rhetoric and ingrained biases.
And... thank you for suffering through my explanation of why I think my efforts aren't wasted. <3
Besides, you never know! Someone could be reading your Kamen Rider stuff and check it out because they're interested. :D I didn't even know there was a new one until now! Saltybet is my only exposure to Kamen Rider and his awesome divekicks / gun shoot.
The problem with the wikileaks thing in particular is how the person behind the site is incredibly anti-hilary, and it just seems unprofessional to brag about how you're going to leak something as petty as dinner recipes in an attempt to get people sway to your side imo

I tried. AFAIK only 2 people here gave it a shot and it wasn't for them
also there are more than 100 different Riders I am literally screaming how M.U.G.E.N seems to have mixed them up as they all dropkick but only several shoot

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
The problem with the wikileaks thing in particular is how the person behind the site is incredibly anti-hilary, and it just seems unprofessional to brag about how you're going to leak something as petty as dinner recipes in an attempt to get people sway to your side imo

I tried. AFAIK only 2 people here gave it a shot and it wasn't for them
also there are more than 100 different Riders I am literally screaming how M.U.G.E.N seems to have mixed them up as they all dropkick but only several shoot
True enough, but, again, I hope my rhetoric is able to get around the whole anti-Hillary thing. If it doesn't I'm able to prove (thanks to the veracity and truth of the leaks) there's little ground for the opposition to stand on about bias etc.. Truth itself cannot be biased, only its presentation, and WikiLeaks puts the truth up wholesale. I don't think people are so set in their ways that they'd not be challenged by this overall point.
It's more in the interest of full disclosure that they release all the emails, including the inane stuff about dinner recipes. Also, how would you define bragging? All sides are contemptible in this regard, all brag about their accomplishments, but I think Assange is generally more humble and public about his positions (and risky situation) than most. All it takes is digging to get to the juicy stuff, and oh have people been digging.
Edit: There are 100 different Gokus took, at least they get their basic features right. Er. Except the potato AI. M.U.G.E.N. not accurate representation. I actually had to look up if Kamen Rider had a gun before I posted just to make sure lel

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Welp.
Time for work.
When I'm back, Data Mining is almost inarguably underway.
I hope for 4 things.
"Mimagik," "Mightior," and "Punchymuku" because those 3 really deserve evos.
And our Darwin Cat.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Battlefield One's weaponry: Devs binge watched Forgotten Weapons before making the game.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
True enough, but, again, I hope my rhetoric is able to get around the whole anti-Hillary thing. If it doesn't I'm able to prove (thanks to the veracity and truth of the leaks) there's little ground for the opposition to stand on about bias etc.. Truth itself cannot be biased, only its presentation, and WikiLeaks puts the truth up wholesale. I don't think people are so set in their ways that they'd not be challenged by this overall point.
It's more in the interest of full disclosure that they release all the emails, including the inane stuff about dinner recipes. Also, how would you define bragging? All sides are contemptible in this regard, all brag about their accomplishments, but I think Assange is generally more humble and public about his positions (and risky situation) than most. All it takes is digging to get to the juicy stuff, and oh have people been digging.
Edit: and tru. There are 100 different Gokus took, at least they get their basic features right. Er. Except the potato AI. M.U.G.E.N. not accurate representation
But when the 'truth' specifically targets 1 of the 2 presidential candidates, there's bias. Not to mention it's illegal anyway. I said bragging as hyperbole, as I remember there were claims for daily leaks.

I wanna know which one you saw then. This really vexes me for no ****ing reason
Welp.
Time for work.
When I'm back, Data Mining is almost inarguably underway.
I hope for 4 things.
"Mimagik," "Mightior," and "Punchymuku" because those 3 really deserve evos.
And our Darwin Cat.
If Minior doesn't evolve I will be VERY upset. Unless it's got great stats of course

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ever Oasis looks to come out some time next year. Hope it doesn't get lost in the NX hype. Unless the NX was just a mass hallucination.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The first Kamen Rider I watched was Generations, it's vaguely like a preview into the other Kamen Rider.

From there, I watched all the heisei era Kamen rider and Neo heisei from Agito onward

"This video is private"

I guess I can go **** myself
Wow, I literally just watched it a second ago.

Within that second it went private

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom