• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Tbh, Flying Machine, up until the final checkpoint, hasn't been that bad.
Least favorite stages-Lich Yard, Clockwork Tower, and debatably Iron Whale and Lost City.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Warning: Araki hates dogs.
Strangest thing, one's weak to fighting and fire types, the other's weak to ice types.
But he did spare Police from the wrath of Kira and the other DIU vilains.

Shovel Knight Update:
Well....that was a strange fight. Beat him on the third try. I can see why he's hard in Plague of Shadows, he's super fast.
But still an embarassment to all the french rapier users of fiction (Polnareff's coming for you).
Went back to the village, got my 10th life part, bought the fire wand and phase locket from Chester, and I'll end there for the night. Tomorrow, when I'm not at the library for weekly smash 4, I'll be grinding and getting items, and likely start the Tower of Fate on either Monday night if I'm lucky in my grinding, or on Tuesday.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I honestly just panic whenever I see a dog in Jojo.
In Araki's earlier work Baoh, it looked like dogs had it better, then someone just got fed up and started shooting them.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Second to last Platinum update...
Neptune
Raiden
Nocturna
Garm
Ansu
Swed Chef

This game reminds me of why I hate catching Legends X|

Anyways, after being greeted by Ronald McDonald I was able to challenge the final gym. Valkner actually gave me some decent trouble despite having Mamoswine on my team. Electivire is no joke...

Victory Road wasn't quite as confusing as I remembered it, but then again just being prepared helps, and picking up some helpful TMs on the way such as Stone Edge, and Dark Pulse are sure to come in handy...Some of these trainers though...
Was up against a Clefable, it used Gravity and after KOing it, she sent out a Torterra so I picked Crobat as my counterpick...Forgetting the effects of Gravity Crobat not only was unable to fly but was then vulnerable to an Earthquake...
Speaking of Torterras, Barry's Torterra gave me quite a run for my money as it KOed half my team since the damn thing can take hits like a beast...

Anyways I'm grinding and making the final preparations, will teach the appropriate TM's to the appropriate mons, specifically need to make sure I got Ice Beam ready for a certain beast to come, hopefully during that fight I can at least keep Mamoswine alive so that Ice Shard can possibly get the kill if needed...
Gonna be making the final run, and it seems just in time for the Sun and Moon Demo's release, because I know I ain't playin any other Pokemon game when that gets released...

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I like Pokemon a lot. It's one of my favourite Nintendo IPs and I've been with it since the beginning. I'm going to get Sun or Moon (haven't decided yet). But I miss when we discussed games from more than a single Nintendo series. Even Fire Emblem general.

NX game reveals soon plz Ninty.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I like Pokemon a lot. It's one of my favourite Nintendo IPs and I've been with it since the beginning. I'm going to get Sun or Moon (haven't decided yet). But I miss when we discussed games from more than a single Nintendo series. Even Fire Emblem general.

At the very least, we know that Next Level would like to make a Metroid Prime for NX, hence the whole epilogue for Federation Force.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

Yeah, I'm somewhat with you here.

It's preeeety slow on the news front right now.

I wanna discuss the next 3D Mario game ASAP.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
At the very least, we know that Next Level would like to make a Metroid Prime for NX, hence the whole epilogue for Federation Force.
Even though Federation Force was seen as okay to pretty good (very few negative reviews) I think the backlash would prevent them from even attempting to tackle the franchise again.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
GET REKT INDY

BROCK IS THE MAN

Just ignore me for the moment and keep talking NX and Pokeymans

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently we live in a time where students in college want to abolish science because it's the result of Westernized, white racist colonization

Meanwhile the student saying that is swiping on their tablet

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Apparently we live in a time where students in college want to abolish science because it's the result of Westernized, white racist colonization

I feel like I need more info here.

Soul.

If NX is a handheld hybrid, I'm expecting Nintendo first party + Japanese third-party support like 3DS.

It's just not getting AAA western support honestly (except for things like Skylanders/LEGO/indies I guess). Even if it were a console it still wouldn't get it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I feel like I need more info here.

Ugh...I really should look this stuff up

I have no faith in this <s>countries</s> / world's future

Edit: Edited with a less aggressive video

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Wasn't that mostly Tanabe's doing? He's the one with the whole "vision" for the Prime series iirc. That said I'm sure NLG would be happy to tackle Metroid again, maybe something closer to their original pitch to Nintendo, but I'm in agreement with Swampasaur in that I think Nintendo would unfortunately look elsewhere for a dev to work on the series.

Yeah, I'm somewhat with you here.

It's preeeety slow on the news front right now.

I wanna discuss the next 3D Mario game ASAP.
Well for what it's worth I imagine the next 3D Mario game releases within the first year of the NX. Probably the holiday title if that March release date is still on track. Though I'm sure the Mario Kart team is also pretty far on the next entry as well.

There are a lot of opinions that fly around on campuses. Not all of them are worth listening to.

If NX is a handheld hybrid, I'm expecting Nintendo first party + Japanese third-party support like 3DS.

It's just not getting AAA western support honestly (except for things like Skylanders/LEGO/indies I guess). Even if it were a console it still wouldn't get it.
It would if it was highly successful and easy to port to.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wasn't that mostly Tanabe's doing? He's the one with the whole "vision" for the Prime series iirc. That said I'm sure NLG would be happy to tackle Metroid again, maybe something closer to their original pitch to Nintendo, but I'm in agreement with Swampasaur in that I think Nintendo would unfortunately look elsewhere for a dev to work on the series.

Well for what it's worth I imagine the next 3D Mario game releases within the first year of the NX. Probably the holiday title if that March release date is still on track. Though I'm sure the Mario Kart team is also pretty far on the next entry as well.

There are a lot of opinions that fly around on campuses. Not all of them are worth listening to.

I really hope these aren't really taken seriously

At least people on youtube are sensationalizing them

Cardboardtubeknight

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
4914-7294-5851

Learn that the slang term "cracker" stands for whip cracker like from way back when, and all this time I thought it meant like I was a saltine cracker. In fact at least in my standing, getting called that always made me hungry. Everything makes me hungry actually. A murder scene gets me hungry. Makes me crave ketchup. Remember green ketchup? Now that was the pinnacle of humanity if you ask me. You want to hang out? Are you anywhere near me? I really like you guys even though you don't like me. I just almost had a threesome tonight, but bailed because my friend apparently knew one of them way back when, and remembered she got hit in the face, but thats cool cause it just resorted to us leaving, and now shes passed out right next me. Yeah green ketchup was great. I love you man.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Actually just learned from a different video it's a college in South Africa.

That actually makes a bit more sense

But that doesn't make it good

Last edited:

Cardboardtubeknight

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
4914-7294-5851
You know since its been so very implied that everything in life has math super relevant, but I feel this is more informing. Just a little reminder, I'm pretty ****ed up right now, but this video will make your life make so much more sense. And its for guys, but you ladies way get something out of this too.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think I need to broaden my horizon a little, but these are the videos youtube suggests

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Never thought that so much wiki work by your self than be that ****ing difficult. The Senran Kagura verse is Large Building Level with Supersonic speeds for the mid and high tiers. Kagura is in a league of her own being a powerful Yoma Slayer and Reality Warper with the power to destroy Tokyo a thousand times over. Sounds like a decent challenge for the Killer Instinct verse.

Why am I the one stuck looking after kids?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Is there such a thing as a 'pitch your figurative Nintendo IP game' thread around here. Would be cool to hear what people have come up with.

I always daydream about Nintendo IP missed opportunities possiblities.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Is there such a thing as a 'pitch your figurative Nintendo IP game' thread around here. Would be cool to hear what people have come up with.

I always daydream about Nintendo IP missed opportunities possiblities.
If there's something I can shoehorn Quest 64 into...

But yeah, that'd be neat.

Soul.

You're thinking of this from a core gamer's perspective though.

Nintendo fans don't give a **** about the ports third-party companies release for their platforms. If you buy a third-party game it's either on PS or Xbox.

Wii gets shovelware despite the sales. Wii U sold like ****. GameCube's mini-discs deterred them from making games and being, well, a purple lunchbox.

It's not like third-party companies care either (Mass Effect 3 on Wii U when Trilogy came out at a lower price for PS3/360 lmao)

As Nintendo focus on the casuals more and more, a home console on par with PS4 and Xbox One just seems pointless. They're better off doing their thing.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
As Nintendo focus on the casuals more and more,

If the "core consoles" are the ones selling millions upon millions then they are not just core.

They are the new casual.

Nintendo fans don't give a **** about the ports third-party companies release for their platforms.
They do though. Look at the 3DS and how many third party titles that are beloved on it. Hell even they few Third Party titles on Wii U like Bayonetta 2 and ZombiU were beloved for quite some time.

If you buy a third-party game it's either on PS or Xbox.
And that is why Nintendo is losing money. The First Party titles, as great as they are aren't enough anymore. The third party support gives Xbox and Playstation consoles more bang for their buck.

Wii gets shovelware despite the sales.
It also got a lot of fine third party support from big publishers when it was relevant.

being, well, a purple lunchbox.
That had nothing to do with it.

The main reasons the Gamecube had problems with third part support were the disks and the relatively poor sales. Even then it still had a healthy amount of third party support from Japanese companies which back then were still rather major.

It's not like third-party companies care either (Mass Effect 3 on Wii U when Trilogy came out at a lower price for PS3/360 lmao)
One bad port does not mean third parties don't care. The decision to abandon the Wii U was a financial one for many studios. Making money is an issue and they will gladly make more games for Nintendo systems if it is a financial success and/or little financial cost.

As Nintendo focus on the casuals more and more, a home console on par with PS4 and Xbox One just seems pointless.
The PS4 and Xbox One are selling like gangbusters.

Again, they are the new casuals.

They're better off doing their thing.
It's not about losing their identity.

It's about giving the consumer what they want while still having Nintendo's trademark charm. If they can find a balance between innovation and safety, they got it safe.

Otherwise we get a Wii U situation.

I think you have a misunderstanding of what she meant by port. She meant that companies can develop the game for multiple systems without much of a hassle, essentially making it multiplat. The differences in the Wii U's and PS4/Xbox One's structure made ports nearly impossible without it taking a long time and a lot of money.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Nintendo fans don't give a **** about the ports third-party companies release for their platforms. If you buy a third-party game it's either on PS or Xbox.
Thus why it would need to be highly successful so as to garner an audience not exclusively comprised of Nintendo fans.

Wii U sold like ****. GameCube's mini-discs deterred them from making games and being, well, a purple lunchbox.
And thus why it would also need to be easy to port to, unlike Nintendo's previous systems.

Wii gets shovelware despite the sales.
Despite? Wii having the sales it did only endeared it towards makers of shovelware. Look how much crap is on mobile.

Edit: Unless you're saying the only 3rd party support it received was shovelware, in which case you'd be wrong.

Third parties care about their bottom dollar and will put software on a platform they see as profitable. Although their core audience might be on the other consoles, if the porting process is easy and relatively cheap and the NX's audience is very large, chances are the publishers will see room for profit. That's not a core gamer perspective, that's how the industry works.

As Nintendo focus on the casuals more and more, a home console on par with PS4 and Xbox One just seems pointless. They're better off doing their thing.
I agree, but that doesn't preclude them getting support they've previously lacked if (and probably only if) they achieve a very sizeable audience and provide a system architecture designed to be easily compatible. Because then simply from a business standpoint it makes sense to support them, or at least test the waters.

Last edited:

Soul.

Fair enough. I just don't think it will get to that level of support (imo of course).

I understand the 3DS bit but it's a handheld, and when people say Nintendo is doing bad they're only talking about Wii U without mentioning 3DS. Also, the "handheld systems are dying" thing. It contracted; it's not dead.

I think 60+ million for 3DS is great for a market full of mobile games.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Pokemon Blue - Finale.
Champion. Even on a streamlined run I got 30 of the 150.... with easy access to 3 more if I revived my fossil, bought a magikarp, and traded my Abra. NONETHELESS.
Hall Of Fame
:071: Alex - 45. The first permanent party member. Screwed up giving them Cut, forgetting Gen 1 had no move deleter, so it didn't get hyper beam. But sleep powder into solar beam spams was incredibly potent.
:053: Kebako - 52. Spoiled with rare candies at the end to topple Alakazam, kinda the reason I had my wallets padded... But honestly worked better than I expected, especially the bubblebeam on it.
:051: Burrowni - 45. Honestly was the most lackluster member of the group. Made me learn how stupidly great Dig was in this gen though. 100 base, the same as EQ at the time, and sends you ALL THE WAY back to the Pokemon center instead of the dungeon entrance.
:135: Volt - 47. I originally intended t give Kebako t-bolt as well, but this lazy thing doesn't learn it naturally and only gets thundershock at 31 and thunder at like 52. Basically just spammed that and thunder wave to set up some people.
:055: Fowl Mind - 47. Honestly intended to have them with Amnesia, forgetting that was exclusive to a Psyduck from Stadium.... but worked decently for a simple water type to spam ice beam and surf.
:124: Lola - 48. Why don't you learn any psychic moves naturally? Nonetheless, hit like a damn truck and had more speed than I remembered. Carried this team hard at times.

Honorable Members
:008: - 18. The Wartortle who basically held the run comfortably until actual Pokemon for the team could get captured.
:029: - 5. This thing growled a lot.
:022: Ace - 31. Our resident bird for a while. Did decently... but still just stands as an inferior Dodrio in its homeland.
:063: The teleport bot until we got set up better.
And, of course...
:151: - 7. The Pokemon this run was for. The Legendary bound to filling the same role I normally have a Paras or Oddish hold for Flash and Cut until later on. Will reside dormant until January when it can join the trophy boxes with the other legendaries.

It was... honestly nice to break the mold a fair bit on Pokemon I use. Namely the lack of Nidoking, Dodrio and a Starter for this run. I honestly debated :113: for how stupid it was in Gen 1, but I realized I didn't want to go through the hell to capture it.
I'm glad I was able to finish up this tour through the origin of the series before the celebratory title for the 20th anniversary got datamined to hell.

Until next time.... Another region to conquer, another mantle to claim, and a pool of faces old and new to capture to complete the old challenge we were given.

D

Deleted member

Actually just learned from a different video it's a college in South Africa.

That actually makes a bit more sense

But that doesn't make it good
Like the same video said though, many african countries are known for widely discarding science almost altogether, and well, obviously things haven't been going too well for them...

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
sun and moon demo out tomorrow. so much is gonna go down. unless nintendo somehow hides the information from us.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just bought Impossible creatures on steam

and so far I really like it

I only didn't buy it before because I didn't know you could design your own creatures, the LP I saw of it they were using premade animals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom