• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Final Y run update.
HOLY HELL I JUST WALTZ RIGHT INTO THE LEAGUE QUITE UNDERLEVELED. Like, none of my Pokémon were even in the 60's when I went in. I still managed to win, but just barely at times. Overall, this was basically what happened with each E4 member.

Malva: HOW THE HELL DID CHANDE-****ING-LURE OUTSPEED AN ABSOL?! Also Confuse Ray hell.
Drasna: Not too bad, but Altaria was annoying.
Siebold: Easy until Gyarados, which turned the whole match into a nightmare. Funnily enough Charizard was actually the one who took him down. Maybe Brock was right, Fire is strong against Water. :troll:
Wikstrom: ... Not that bad really.

Diantha was, for the most part, actually the easiest. :laugh: Most of her Pokémon were swept aside with one or two hits. Only Gourgeist (Phantom Force spam) and Gardevoir served as real threats. Also, Nidoking FINALLY gets major redemption. Thanks for taking those Thunderbolts for Slow"king" mate. Speaking of Slow"king", TWO SPECIAL DEFENSE DROPS THANKS TO SHADOW BALL. RNG and Slow"king" be praised.

End team:
(Level 60)
(Level 59)
(Level 59)
(Level 59)
(Level 58)
(Level 58)

Shoutouts to Mamoswine for nearly replacing Nidoking (and for just being the best Ice and Ground in existence) and Vivillon for being the cute, Satanic, status inflictor that he is.

Next stop: ORAS Hoenn? Maybe? Platinum Sinnoh? Or maybe I'll just wait until Sun and Moon comes out before I do anymore Pokémon stuff.

:199:
Chandelure actually has a higher base speed stat then Absol.

D

Deleted member

We do not speak of that game.

Oh what's the point,
it's no use anyway.
The events of Sonic '06 technically never happened, so it doesn't need to be spoken of, or played for that matter. I recommend those looking for their last-gen Sonic fix to just play the vastly superior Sonic Colors and/or Generations.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The events of Sonic '06 technically never happened, so it doesn't need to be spoken of, or played for that matter. I recommend those looking for their last-gen Sonic fix to just play the vastly superior Sonic Colors and/or Generations.
Yet Generations and the nerve to mention something that's "non-canon".

Probably just as a way to throw Silver fans a bone and give us 06 levels that didn't play like crap with a brand new engine.

You seriously had to go there, didn't you?

An now to punish you with more Silver.

God, Shadow's voice in this game did not age well.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Even back when this game was still new, Shadow's voice was not good at all.

"You got this, Sonic!"
"You've got this Sonic."

"You've gut thus Sunic."

"You've gat dis Sanic."

Yeah, I couldn't resist.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
As I promised, here is my review of the newest episode of XY&Z featuring Serena's decision.

Like I said two days back, it was a fun episode. With Sycamore's help, Serena sets up a Performance Contest in Lumiose City to keep up the festivities following the city's restoration. Shauna and Jessie (in her Jesselina disguise) join in with Serena in this fun. The audience is pretty happy with their happy. Even Ash, Clemont, Bonnie, Sawyer, the XY Rival Trio, Professor Sycamore, Alain, and Mairin join in on the fun, as well as all of Ash and Clemont's Pokemon. Dancing Greninja was pretty funny, even if it was shown via stills.

We also have some pretty strong Alain x Mairin shipping going on.

Alain never expected to dance, but Mairin sure looks happy!

Grace notices Serena dancing, and she joins in with Meyer, Clemont, Bonnie, Ash, and Serena for a meal a few hours later. That night, Serena decides to sleep inside Grace's hotel room. She tells her mother that the performance made her realize that she wants to make people smile.

The following morning, the XY Rival trio leave Ash and company to help Professor Sycamore investigate the mysterious circumstance as to why wild Pokemon haven't been appearing close to Lumiose City recently (could this lead to the next episode?).

Sawyer reveals that he will help Steven Stone recover remnants of the Megalith in the vicinity of the now-destroyed Lysandre Labs. We also learn the Sceptilite he has was a gift from Steven, which means the two met again in Kalos sometime between Mega Evolution Act IV and the Pokemon League (more like between Ash's first battle with Wulfrice and the League because if he had the Mega Stone earlier, he would've used it in his third battle with Ash). While the two depart ways, Sawyer promises that if he ever runs into Ash, they will have another battle. As much as I'd like to see that happen, I doubt Sawyer will be visiting Alola any time soon. I also think another point worth mentioning is that Sawyer gets to travel with one of his role models. Lucky guy!

Ash then decides to hang out with Serena while Clemont and Bonnie tune up the Lumiose Gym. What follows is a pretty adorable scene of the two exploring the streets of the city. It's almost like their second "date." In fact, this scene had some great parallels to the big "date" episode a while back. In the first "date" episode, Serena was pretty enthusiastic showing Ash around town, but Ash didn't display a strong interest in what Serena wanted. Here, Ash is the enthusiastic one while Serena is the disinterested individual. However, the disinterest seen with Ash in the first "date" episode and Serena in this episode was far different. In XY59, Ash was pretty enthusiastic traveling through the streets of Striaton City; he just had different interests he had in mind from Serena. In this episode, Serena tags along with whatever Ash is doing, but she is silent and rather sad.

Ash notices Serena's gloomy behavior, and he decides a Pokemon battle will cheer her up. He takes Serena to the same location where Ash and Clemont had their first battle in the series (all the way back to the first episode of XY); even Ash acknowledges that! What follows is a battle between Ash's Pikachu and Serena's Braixen. Serena wins but doesn't knock out Pikachu. Ash then tells her that she has amazing synergy with her Braixen. He also reminds her that her Pokemon will always be there to support her, and he alludes back to his experience with Greninja to explain it to her. Ash then says, "I'll always be rooting for you, Serena!" Feeling overjoyed by his words, Serena summons her Pancham and Sylveon and tells the three of her Pokemon some words of encouragement. She then tells Ash that she has decided on where she wants to go.

That evening, Serena finally calls Palermo. Serena tells her that she won't be able to train under her because she wants to travel around the world and show her performances to other people and make them smile; her Performance Contest in Lumiose City the previous day convinced her to do that. When she talked about wanting to "travel the world," Alola immediately came to my mind, but looks that region wasn't brought up once...

After hearing Serena's words, Palermo suggests she (Serena) should go to Hoenn and compete in the Pokemon Contests there (a.k.a. the original version of the Pokemon Showcases). There, she can learn more about how she can improve on her performances, and Palermo states she looks forward to seeing how Serena will change. Palermo also reveals that she is a fan of Serena's performances. This makes Serena so elated that she starts to cry tears of joy.

The next morning she tells Ash and company that she has decided to travel to Hoenn to compete in the Pokemon Contests to continue her performing career, and it is there the episode ends.

Chespin's reaction to Serena's announcement was priceless!

Perfectly sums up the reaction of the Pokemon fanbase over the news that Serena won't join Ash for the upcoming Sun and Moon anime lol.

Next week's episode is going to be an emotional and serious one though. Xerosic returns, and the preview hints he's going to get some revenge on Clemont for their battle at the Lumiose Tower. This is also the episode where we will learn about Greninja's fate.

------

We have another preview trailer for the upcoming Sun and Moon anime. It's even longer than the last one, and it was shown during today's episode of Pokenchi.

The most noteworthy clip from the trailer was this:

^Take notes, Serena. This is what you could've done to Ash in that one "date" episode.

Ash x Mallow is also starting to become a bit popular among the Pokeani community because of this clip.

Also, it's official: Kaito Ishikawa will voice Kiawe in the Sun and Moon anime.

First Yuki Kaji (VA to Eren) voicing Clemont, now Ishikawa (VA to One Punch Man's Genos) voicing Kiawe... the Pokemon anime is starting to get some big-name voice actors!

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
The most underrated line in Sonic 06 was Shadow saying he was sent by "the President". This is never expanded upon, or indeed mentioned at all again.

My personal headcanon is that he's actually working for the President of his school's chess club.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay...

Is it me or is TheBitBlock kind of awful? The man is fanboyish and agressive to an absurd degree.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

^Take notes, Serena. This is what you could've done to Ash in that one "date" episode.

Ash x Mallow is also starting to become a bit popular among the Pokeani community because of this clip.
Mallow did more in one single clip than Serena in +140 episodes.

D

Deleted member

Man **** the Bug catching contest.
I just wanted to catch a Scyther, and while I do understand it's really rare, it took me FOREVER to find one, while I ran into at least 10 Pinsir, who's supposed to have the same encounter rate as Scyther.
Anyway, I did end up catching a Scyther, named it Slicer, it's brave and it got Technician... It sucks that it's gonna be so slow, especially when it evolves, but I was going to teach it Bullet Punch anyway once I can evolve it. Plus the attack boost is pretty neat.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Okay...

Is it me or is TheBitBlock kind of awful? The man is fanboyish and agressive to an absurd degree.
You're far from the first person to have that opinion. I mean, I've never watched him myself, but whenever I hear someone talk about him it's something along the lines of that.

Chrono.

So Masuda signed fan art of the leaked starter evos at an event and commented "We haven't revealed these guys yet!".

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
This made my sides hurt.
Screenshot_2016-10-16-01-38-24.png

I've seen Bandai, Goodsmile and Play-Arts Kai figures with prices overly inflated, but this Takara Tomy one takes the cake.

D

Deleted member

HeartGold Update:
:156: Burnie
:041: Robin
:180: McFluff
:123: Slicer
:074: Rocky
:019: Joey
Defeated Bugsy and Whitney, and then caught a new Team member at the bug catching contest, and it took me forever to find him.
Caught :185: and named it Dicktree.
Current location: Route 36

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
So Masuda signed fan art of the leaked starter evos at an event and commented "We haven't revealed these guys yet!".

Props to the dude who asked the autograph for having the Exeggcutes to do that.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Masuda like, "**** who are these guys" :007:

Edit: Well clearly its not a leak anymore if I'm reading this right.

Last edited:
Gen 5.
From there on you had to go to a BP move tutor to trade for learning it.
Which is absolute butt.
I hate how some evolutionary items can only be got with BP.

It makes getting Porygon's evolutions so damn hard.
As I promised, here is my review of the newest episode of XY&Z featuring Serena's decision.

Like I said two days back, it was a fun episode. With Sycamore's help, Serena sets up a Performance Contest in Lumiose City to keep up the festivities following the city's restoration. Shauna and Jessie (in her Jesselina disguise) join in with Serena in this fun. The audience is pretty happy with their happy. Even Ash, Clemont, Bonnie, Sawyer, the XY Rival Trio, Professor Sycamore, Alain, and Mairin join in on the fun, as well as all of Ash and Clemont's Pokemon. Dancing Greninja was pretty funny, even if it was shown via stills.

We also have some pretty strong Alain x Mairin shipping going on.

Alain never expected to dance, but Mairin sure looks happy!

Grace notices Serena dancing, and she joins in with Meyer, Clemont, Bonnie, Ash, and Serena for a meal a few hours later. That night, Serena decides to sleep inside Grace's hotel room. She tells her mother that the performance made her realize that she wants to make people smile.

The following morning, the XY Rival trio leave Ash and company to help Professor Sycamore investigate the mysterious circumstance as to why wild Pokemon haven't been appearing close to Lumiose City recently (could this lead to the next episode?).

Sawyer reveals that he will help Steven Stone recover remnants of the Megalith in the vicinity of the now-destroyed Lysandre Labs. We also learn the Sceptilite he has was a gift from Steven, which means the two met again in Kalos sometime between Mega Evolution Act IV and the Pokemon League (more like between Ash's first battle with Wulfrice and the League because if he had the Mega Stone earlier, he would've used it in his third battle with Ash). While the two depart ways, Sawyer promises that if he ever runs into Ash, they will have another battle. As much as I'd like to see that happen, I doubt Sawyer will be visiting Alola any time soon. I also think another point worth mentioning is that Sawyer gets to travel with one of his role models. Lucky guy!

Ash then decides to hang out with Serena while Clemont and Bonnie tune up the Lumiose Gym. What follows is a pretty adorable scene of the two exploring the streets of the city. It's almost like their second "date." In fact, this scene had some great parallels to the big "date" episode a while back. In the first "date" episode, Serena was pretty enthusiastic showing Ash around town, but Ash didn't display a strong interest in what Serena wanted. Here, Ash is the enthusiastic one while Serena is the disinterested individual. However, the disinterest seen with Ash in the first "date" episode and Serena in this episode was far different. In XY59, Ash was pretty enthusiastic traveling through the streets of Striaton City; he just had different interests he had in mind from Serena. In this episode, Serena tags along with whatever Ash is doing, but she is silent and rather sad.

Ash notices Serena's gloomy behavior, and he decides a Pokemon battle will cheer her up. He takes Serena to the same location where Ash and Clemont had their first battle in the series (all the way back to the first episode of XY); even Ash acknowledges that! What follows is a battle between Ash's Pikachu and Serena's Braixen. Serena wins but doesn't knock out Pikachu. Ash then tells her that she has amazing synergy with her Braixen. He also reminds her that her Pokemon will always be there to support her, and he alludes back to his experience with Greninja to explain it to her. Ash then says, "I'll always be rooting for you, Serena!" Feeling overjoyed by his words, Serena summons her Pancham and Sylveon and tells the three of her Pokemon some words of encouragement. She then tells Ash that she has decided on where she wants to go.

That evening, Serena finally calls Palermo. Serena tells her that she won't be able to train under her because she wants to travel around the world and show her performances to other people and make them smile; her Performance Contest in Lumiose City the previous day convinced her to do that. When she talked about wanting to "travel the world," Alola immediately came to my mind, but looks that region wasn't brought up once...

After hearing Serena's words, Palermo suggests she (Serena) should go to Hoenn and compete in the Pokemon Contests there (a.k.a. the original version of the Pokemon Showcases). There, she can learn more about how she can improve on her performances, and Palermo states she looks forward to seeing how Serena will change. Palermo also reveals that she is a fan of Serena's performances. This makes Serena so elated that she starts to cry tears of joy.

The next morning she tells Ash and company that she has decided to travel to Hoenn to compete in the Pokemon Contests to continue her performing career, and it is there the episode ends.

Chespin's reaction to Serena's announcement was priceless!

Perfectly sums up the reaction of the Pokemon fanbase over the news that Serena won't join Ash for the upcoming Sun and Moon anime lol.

Next week's episode is going to be an emotional and serious one though. Xerosic returns, and the preview hints he's going to get some revenge on Clemont for their battle at the Lumiose Tower. This is also the episode where we will learn about Greninja's fate.

------

We have another preview trailer for the upcoming Sun and Moon anime. It's even longer than the last one, and it was shown during today's episode of Pokenchi.

Also, it's official: Kaito Ishikawa will voice Kiawe in the Sun and Moon anime.

First Yuki Kaji (VA to Eren) voicing Clemont, now Ishikawa (VA to One Punch Man's Genos) voicing Kiawe... the Pokemon anime is starting to get some big-name voice actors!
Serena hears about random past region and decides to travel there. How surprising.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Yeah it's pretty hilarious (and kinda rude).

But hey it's leading to gems like this.

Gotta love how /vp/ users are tearing themselves to shreds more than usual now.

If I were Masuda I'd be mad; because he had no option but to sign it; Because I don't think he would put his signature on an actual fakemon.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I don't mean no disrespect to Masuda, but I wish I could of saw that dude handing that fanart to him. Masuda picking up the paper like, "Huh... These guys look famili-"
2016-10-16_04-34-50.jpg

2016-10-16_04-35-06.jpg

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
reminder hedeki kamiya has signed metal gear solid games because people thought he was kojima

i mean i believe the starters are real but that dosent mean masuda wouldnt sign art of jibanyan if presented the chance

Soul.

Well damn. Looking forward to seeing them in gameplay then.

Base stats, moves, Hidden Abilities hype!

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Seriously though, I love the concept of Z-Moves, but they're doomed to fail
Fail like Mega Evolutions? Maybe, but you're not in the position to make this conclusion. No one is. Z-Moves haven't been tested nor seen in any real effect, and despite what we know of them, we need experts to show their truest potential in combat.

Its only fair we wait and see before calling them failures.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Fail like Mega Evolutions? Maybe, but you're not in the position to make this conclusion. No one is. Z-Moves haven't been tested nor seen in any real effect, and despite what we know of them, we need experts to show their truest potential in combat.

Its only fair we wait and see before calling them failures.
Mega Evolution gives a whopping 100 extra BST, sometimes a new typing and ability, and more often than not, the mon with the Mega is given a movepull that can be put to good use.
Z-Move is a single move being boosted, might be negated by Protect.
If you're using up an item slot, a single time move just isn't worth it unless it guarantees an OHKO

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Day 16: Luigi's Mansion

The GameCube horror! The comedy! The ghosts!

Tomorrow.... find a song of a simular work and rough... just remember to "stay...."?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Mega Evolution gives a whopping 100 extra BST, sometimes a new typing and ability, and more often than not, the mon with the Mega is given a movepull that can be put to good use.
Most Mega Evolutions are broken as ****. That's WHY its a failed mechanic. Because it was either given to the wrong Pokémon or gave them ridiculous buffs to make them insanely versatile. Even Masuda knows how broken MEs are, and is actually taking action on them, at least with Mega Kangaskhan.
Z-Move is a single move being boosted, might be negated by Protect.
If you're using up an item slot, a single time move just isn't worth it unless it guarantees an OHKO
Back then, we thought not having the ability to hold an item in ME determined they were garbage, but we were proven wrong, and even a single attack can turn around a match. You need to know who can perform it well and who can't, just like MEs.

I'm not saying they're bad or good. But giving them judgement before they have a chance to breath air is wrong. Let's just wait and see. That's fair.
Day 16: Luigi's Mansion

The GameCube horror! The comedy! The ghosts!

Tomorrow.... find a song of a simular work and rough... just remember to "stay...."?
Spider Dance, Undertale?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom