• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
it comes out in the 18th for us
Cool, but does Japan still get it before us? Because as far as Im concerned, that means that itll be close to being the 19th in Japan when we get the chance to download it on the 18th.
Here is my understanding.
The Demo comes out on the 18th, for all regions, when their Eshop will update for it. For the US, that's normally Noon EST.
But, for example.
It's approaching 9am, Sunday the 16th right now in Japan, because of timezones.
Because of this, it should be one of the regions to first have access to the demo?
But if Japan gets it on the 17th does that mean that we get it on the 16th or do we just get it at a later time?

Burruni

Smash Hero
Cool, but does Japan still get it before us? Because as far as Im concerned, that means that itll be close to being the 19th in Japan when we get the chance to download it on the 18th.

But if Japan gets it on the 17th does that mean that we get it on the 16th or do we just get it at a later time?
Japan should get it late the "17th" from our perspective because it's early the 18th for them.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Here is my understanding.
The Demo comes out on the 18th, for all regions, when their Eshop will update for it. For the US, that's normally Noon EST.
But, for example.
It's approaching 9am, Sunday the 16th right now in Japan, because of timezones.
Because of this, it should be one of the regions to first have access to the demo?
Wouldn't 30 hours make it 3pm on the 17th?

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Wouldn't 30 hours make it 2pm on the 17th?
I said "like" 30. (which is actually more to 40 if it's a midnight update for japan)
I didn't know the actual timezone difference until I looked it up.
I am not the most clever person.
We still only have less than 2 days until datamining.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man I wish I could draw these pokemon I've thought up. Like Darmoth. Whixh is like the mosquito looking UB. It looks like a jacked moth man.

Which is to say it's based off the Moth Man.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Speaking of Darkstalkers, I read a comment on a Killer Instinct, and the guys say Killer Instinct is his closest thing to a new Darkstalkers until CAPCOM revives it (I think because they have similar character ideas).

I'm no Darkstalkers expert (outside of CAPCOM fighting crossovers) but how accurate is he?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Speaking of Darkstalkers, I read a comment on a Killer Instinct, and the guys say Killer Instinct is his closest thing to a new Darkstalkers until CAPCOM revives it (I think because they have similar character ideas).

I'm no Darkstalkers expert (outside of CAPCOM fighting crossovers) but how accurate is he?
Darkstalkers is almost the same style of game at this point. They're both heavily using monstrous characters with crazy storylines and full of combo attacks. The two key differences are that Darkstalkers doesn't have Finishing Moves in all games(but does have a lot of blood and has more mature themes like Succubi), and Killer Instinct has Combos as Finishing Moves too, with the Ultra Combos. A good way to look at Darkstalkers is that it's a more adult version of Street Fighter. Killer Instinct is best looked at as a toned down(not much) version of Mortal Kombat.

They fall into the same genre, which is generally 2D Fighters with Input Commands. Oh, and Killer Instinct has some 3D elements(mostly moving to the side to dodge attacks, which is present in some games as a pseudo style of 3D, without being fully 3D outside of artstyle).

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

I really like the idea of the Challlenge ball and the Battle ball

We need more balls in Pokemon, Game Freak!

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
More importantly, it's home to the best* member of the Order of No Quarter.

*Subjective

He's.....like Napalm Man + alchemy
Beat Plague Knight, and currently paused in the battle with some guy named Reize who thinks I'm evil, and has boomerangs. Paused, because I'm watching Zootopia right now.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Anarkis is clearly the best DS character.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Lord Raptor for the win~

Anakaris is great too, oddly enough, his cartoon personality is my favorite. So funny. Then again, the cartoon personalities were not really off in many cases and made them quite entertaining. At least a lot better than what they did to the Mortal Kombat characters(bar Quan Chi who originated there).

D

Deleted member

I mean technically he's right that it is TECHNICALLY the clostest thing. Both being 2d fighters and Killer Instinct having a great amount of monster related characters. However Darkstalkers is a lot more similiar to street fighter(The alpha series specifically) than KI in terms of the way it plays.

You know, some people complan about how people behave nowadays.(Even I'm guilty of that.) But the further you go back in years on the internet, the more immature and rude I find people to behave on the internet. It makes me thankful that people are a lot more kind nowadays, looking back, especially when you get 10+ years ago on the internet, you could just casually cuss people out on these kinds of forums and no one really cared if you did or not. It seemed like it went on until people realized that being assholes to eachother is a huge waste of time and makes you seem really immature. Well, that and probably more moderation.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I really like the idea of the Challlenge ball and the Battle ball

We need more balls in Pokemon, Game Freak!
I REALLY like the Challenge Ball, and the Battle Ball is nice too. All of them are great, really (honestly the Dawn Ball should happen for balance reasons), but those two might be my favorites, followed by the Ancient Ball.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Time = Momento Mori?

Sounds like a cool idea.
I wouldn't mind a clock pokemon.

But why Yamask and Cofagrigus?

I'd rather alternate forms of them be different forms of coffins.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Grandfather clock ghost Pokemon is the next logical step from Chandelure and Cofagrigus.

MP trilogy for VR?!

---

My goodness, I still hate his presentation and voice but this guy backs his stuff up:

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Guys I'm so tired exhausted. I just want to get paid for being a lazy butthole but this is reality and that's not an option but work is just a mess and I'm one of three employees and as assistant manager it's on me to cover the slack. This is why I'm never on anymore. Can't a brother just sit back and enjoy his favorite non Smashboard approved beverage for once?

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Reize defeated!
Also beat some guy named Baz who tried to join the Order, failed, so decided to take me on to be a Knight. I beat him down on the first fight, really easy to beat guy.
I also now have 7 lives, thanks to a lot of health upgrading.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Guys I'm so tired exhausted. I just want to get paid for being a lazy butthole but this is reality and that's not an option but work is just a mess and I'm one of three employees and as assistant manager it's on me to cover the slack. This is why I'm never on anymore. Can't a brother just sit back and enjoy his favorite non Smashboard approved beverage for once?

Don't worry, comrade, once machine capital pushes human capital out of the labour market and causes everything to become super cheap, we can all turn our attentions to leisure and more worthwhile creative occupations.

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
For anyone who's played both Shovel Knight and Kirby's Epic Yarn:
Remember in KEY, how there would be angler fish chasing you while you and Prince Fluff were dolphins? Wasn't that FUN?
Because going through the Iron Whale, I've gotten a severe case of deja vu.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
For anyone who's played both Shovel Knight and Kirby's Epic Yarn:
Remember in KEY, how there would be angler fish chasing you while you and Prince Fluff were dolphins? Wasn't that FUN?
Because going through the Iron Whale, I've gotten a severe case of deja vu.
I sold my Epic yarn quick so I dont remember an angler fish

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
I sold my Epic yarn quick so I dont remember an angler fish
During some of the underwater levels, giant angler fish would pop out and chase you while you're transformed into a dolphin of yarn. When I played it, it always scared the living daylights outta me when they appeared, it was sudden, there was green smoke, and felt like an earthquake.
Finally beat that ******* angler fish. I don't even want to know how one of those got into a submarine. Though I do like that since it's a sub, you can ride on torpedoes!

So those box art pics seem fake:
First time seeing these
Gonna be honest. . .these things look like ****.
I'm sure the GIANT info at the bottom doesn't help but this is just 90% official art thrown about with no rhyme or reason. Pikpek and exxegutor are the only things that seem placed with any sort of logic and even then they aren't lined up right.

0/10 boxart, would have called it fake even before the circles even if past ones looked worse or not.
I have 0 artistic talent. Pot meet kettle

:061:

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
First time seeing these
Gonna be honest. . .these things look like ****.
I'm sure the GIANT info at the bottom doesn't help but this is just 90% official art thrown about with no rhyme or reason. Pikpek and exxegutor are the only things that seem placed with any sort of logic and even then they aren't lined up right.

0/10 boxart, would have called it fake even before the circles even if past ones looked worse or not.
I have 0 artistic talent. Pot meet kettle

:061:
It looks alright, my problem was it looked nothing like the small bit of box art we saw in the starter pokemon trailer.

I figured they changed it so I didn't think this looked off.

Makes sense to as Drampa and tortunator being version exclusives makes little sense. But this also means, pre evos are on the table for them again, as well as proof there's more then 80 new pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom