• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Most Mega Evolutions are broken as ****. That's WHY its a failed mechanic. Because it was either given to the wrong Pokémon or gave them ridiculous buffs to make them insanely versatile. Even Masuda knows how broken MEs are, and is actually taking action on them, at least with Mega Kangaskhan.

Back then, we thought not having the ability to hold an item in ME determined they were garbage, but we were proven wrong, and even a single attack can turn around a match. You need to know who can perform it well and who can't, just like MEs.

I'm not saying they're bad or good. But giving them judgement before they have a chance to breath air is wrong. Let's just wait and see. That's fair.

Spider Dance, Undertale?
You forgot how M-Pinsir, M-Gardevoir and M-Salamence recently took a hit too with '-ate' abilities getting nerfed
I just don't see Z-Moves becoming viable despite my love for them

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You forgot how M-Pinsir, M-Gardevoir and M-Salamence recently took a hit too with '-ate' abilities getting nerfed
I must've missed it. Did they finally remove the damage buff?

Either way, for M-Sully that means ****. A Flying-Type DE is still going to steal you're wife.
I just don't see Z-Moves becoming viable despite my love for them
That's because you're judging them before letting them actually have a chance to be properly shown off. :V

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Z-Moves I think will be successful, Ex. Eevee's Z-Move, but the concept of them feels more like a marketing gimmick for toys than expanding the depth of the game IMO. I would have rather seen refinements to Mega Evolution first

Props to the dude who asked the autograph for having the Pokeballs to do that.
Fixed.

Though personally I would have asked for him to sign my copy of the Pulseman or Red/Green OSTs. :3

D

Deleted member

Z-Moves will only fail if GF drops them next Gen without trying to balance them
Megas could have worked much better if they took the time to expand and balance them properly, but now we will never have new ones again and it'll just look like a forgotten mechanic that still exists because of grandfather vlause
So Masuda signed fan art of the leaked starter evos at an event and commented "We haven't revealed these guys yet!".

It's like they don't even care anymore

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Day 16: Luigi's Mansion

The GameCube horror! The comedy! The ghosts!

Tomorrow.... find a song of a simular work and rough... just remember to "stay...."?
Ghost Fight - Undertale, right?

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I feel sad for Mega Pinsir, not only did he get outclassed because of Salamence, not only did he get nerfed, but he also got a Special Attack increase for no ****ing reason
Giving Salamence a Mega Evolution was a very poor choice by GameFreak. Especially when you remember Flygon was considered for a time. Like, what the hell were they thinking?

That's why I'm hoping they didn't add more MEs. I'd rather fix who we got now, and then add MEs for Pokémon who need them, like Farfetch'd, Octillery, etc., without going crazy like they did with Mawile and Kangaskhan.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Giving Salamence a Mega Evolution was a very poor choice by GameFreak. Especially when you remember Flygon was considered for a time. Like, what the hell were they thinking?

That's why I'm hoping they didn't add more MEs. I'd rather fix who we got now, and then add MEs for Pokémon who need them, like Farfetch'd, Octillery, etc., without going crazy like they did with Mawile and Kangaskhan.
Sugimori didn't make Mega Flygon he couldn't make a cool design iirc

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Man **** the Bug catching contest.
I just wanted to catch a Scyther, and while I do understand it's really rare, it took me FOREVER to find one, while I ran into at least 10 Pinsir, who's supposed to have the same encounter rate as Scyther.
Anyway, I did end up catching a Scyther, named it Slicer, it's brave and it got Technician... It sucks that it's gonna be so slow, especially when it evolves, but I was going to teach it Bullet Punch anyway once I can evolve it. Plus the attack boost is pretty neat.
The Bug Catching Contest in a nutshell...
3rd Place-:127:
2nd Place-:123:
1st Place-:010:(no Sun Stone for you!)

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee

To be fair, Salamence and Metagross made sense, because Tyranitar and Garchomp got Mega's to.

Starters and Pseudo's all deserve Mega's now, because fair is fair.

I'm still glad Alola Dragonite isn't happening, because then Dragonite would have gotten the short end of the stick, because minus Hydreigon and Goodra, the other Pseudo's got their Mega forms now, so those 3 deserve their forms to

Balancing Mega-Mence is a different story though, but that should have went the Mega-Garchomp route with it I guess

Chrono.

To be fair, Salamence and Metagross made sense, because Tyranitar and Garchomp got Mega's to.

I'm still glad Alola Dragonite isn't happening, because then Dragonite would have gotten the short end of the stick, because minus Hydreigon and Goodra, the other Pseudo's got their Mega forms now, so those 3 deserve their forms to

Balancing Mega-Mence is a different story though, but that should have went the Mega-Garchomp route with it I guess
I would've rather had Pseudos and Legends get no Megas.

Because they don't really need them.

Speaking of Bug Catching Contest, did you guys like the Safari Zone's change in ORAS?

I'm personally torn about it: It was always annoying to get the rarer Pokemon of Safari Zone, but the ORAS version just wasn't that fun anymore...

EDIT: This was my 8,000th post!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Speaking of Bug Catching Contest, did you guys like the Safari Zone's change in ORAS?

I'm personally torn about it: It was always annoying to get the rarer Pokemon of Safari Zone, but the ORAS version just wasn't that fun anymore...
I never tried the Safari Zone in RSE but if it was anything like RBY's Safari Zone, I'm glad they changed it.

Wait, ORAS brought it back? What did it change?
You can now catch Pokemon the old fashion, rather than that annoying minigame

Last edited by a moderator:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think I'd kind of rather see more regular evolutions than more mega's imo.

At least, for those who don't have a three stage line....

D

Deleted member

"Oh, cool, a Smeargle, the stuff it could be able to--"
*Vine Whip crits*
"**** you too"

The best Safari Zone so far is the Friend Safari
It's simple, straightforward and incetivates having friends
**** the Safari minigame tbh

Chrono.

The Safari Zone was always hell.

I have no idea who even enjoyed it, or who could possibly enjoy it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I never tried the Safari Zone in RSE but if it was anything like RBY's Safari Zone, I'm glad they changed it.

You can now catch Pokemon the old fashion, rather than that annoying minigame
You don't pay to get in.
You don't use safari balls.
You use your own Pokemon like any other fight.

Edit: and the Evos image with Masuda's signature is damn good tbh.

O.O THAT'S ****ING AWESOME
Also lol the evo pic

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Sugimori didn't make Mega Flygon he couldn't make a cool design iirc
Oh right I forgot. Well still. Doesn't excuse GameFreak from creating monstrosities like Mega Salamence.
Male Mega Gardevoir confirmed to have boobs :p
Mega Gardevoir has a special anti-grope mechanism to prevent naughty trainers from petting them wrong. ;)

Mega Dragonite would likely be broken, as its already considered one of the greatest dragon-types outside of Megas and Legendaries. It has Multiscale, allowing it to bulk the first strike and use D-Dance. Then it Mega Evolves and sweeps, when it could of done that as is with Life Orb. How is giving a Mega Evolution to a Pokemon who functions great as is fair for those who need a boost? Like Butterfree, etc.?
Dragonite has one of the best abilities in the game, one of the best priority attacks in the game, and one of the best Base Stats in the game. Not the best, mind you. But the point is; Dragonite is on no short end of any stick.

Hydreigon doesn't need an ME either. Its stats are almost as nasty. Goodra however wouldn't be too bad, I suppose.
Removing the 30% boost in its ability is a start. Lowering its Speed to make it function kind of like a tank would be a good nerf too.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
The Great Marsh was by far the worst Safari Zone...

I liked HGSS Safari Zone the best because you can change the layout and it gives you access to Pokemon who weren't available in the originals at this point in the game...Like Larvitar and Murkrow...

Gen III Safari Zone was alright because I could find Heracross...

Safari Zone's in general are ok in concept but it is annoying catching Pokemon since they can run away...

D

Deleted member

I think the Safari Zone is one of the main reasons why I have such terrible memories from the Gen 1 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom