• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yokai watch AND Fossil fighters are both similar to pokemon, with monsters you capture and battle

and both those games let you have more than one save file

Cardboardtubeknight

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
4914-7294-5851
I don't think I should play Smash with people around me any more.

As soon as I start playing, people don't want to play. I make people rage quit when they ask me to "duel" them.

I'm making the game not fun for people. That hurts...
I take it to pride when my dawg and duck bro take out my friends. THEY DON'T DESERVE HAPPINESS

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I don't think I should play Smash with people around me any more.

As soon as I start playing, people don't want to play. I make people rage quit when they ask me to "duel" them.

I'm making the game not fun for people. That hurts...
I know that feel bro.
There is a point where you have to handicap yourself if you don't want to play alone. (Or put item on or put CPU)
Good thing that online exist tough! :4pacman: (By the way, if you want to play with me someday...:4megaman:Just say to me! :))

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
9932.gif

Who wouldn't want to shoot their pokeballs at that beautiful creature

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Riddler update:

-Kommo-o was the Monk Staff and Silvally was Yuki/Rin.
-The chart has been updated with the recent hints such as Salandit's seductress evolution. Curiously, two more slots were added to the image: A picture of a fire, which is between the Toucan and Tapu Koko, and a picture of a red cross with Chinese writing on it (apparently it means ban/envelop), which is placed after the Ultra Beasts and before Magearna. I wonder what they're supposed to be...
-He again mentions that he hinted at Lunala's Pokedex number at an earlier time, funny that popped up again considering we were just discussing it a day ago.

FIre or Fighting for me, with Fire, Turtonator is the most iffy one for me and I still don't mind it, while with Fighting I like all of them to at least an extent.
okay so this is important for one very big reason the riddler knew about silvally but because it looks super simmilar to normal type null had it as a form and not an evolution when he/she "speculated" the full pokedex

what this means is if the riddler knows the full pokedex we can see 134 as the max number of new pokemon not counting alolan forms or ultra beasts

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Something my friend and I thought about. What if in the next Smash when you KO someone with Greninja he becomes Ash-Greninja; becoming more powerful, but reverts to normal after it gets KO'd.

What do you think are the chances?

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Something my friend and I thought about. What if in the next Smash when you KO someone with Greninja he becomes Ash-Greninja; becoming more powerful, but reverts to normal after it gets KO'd.

it'll be the final smash complete with [GIGA WATER SHURIKEN]

Bananija

Count of Trickery

That sound a bit too much broken honestly. We don't want Greninja too suffer countless nerfs again. Like powerprotoman powerprotoman said, it would be better off as a final smash.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

That'd be cool I guess. He'd have to be something like 0.85 to 1.15 or something.

I wonder if a Gen 7 Pokemon will ever make it into Smash. Or a human/UB.

Might skip a Gen to Gen 8 or 9 depending on what's closer to the next Smash.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Those rainbow oil leaks aren't exclusive to Hawaii.
Oh? They aren't? I know oil spills can happen anywhere depending on various factors, but I had thought rainbow colored oil leaks were exclusive to Hawaii due to exclusive conditions present there that allows those colors to form. Either way, does that mean any other area in the world can experience those colors of oil?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh? They aren't? I know oil spills can happen anywhere depending on various factors, but I had thought rainbow colored oil leaks were exclusive to Hawaii due to exclusive conditions present there that allows those colors to form. Either way, that specific colored oil can occur in places outside Hawaii, huh?

Are you talking about these? Or something else

You can find these oil slicks in ANY Walmart parking lot

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
We're getting close to 1000 pages again. All that Pokemon Hype does a lot for the the post count. Version 5 when?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Okay yeah I think I'm getting sick. My mouth is all puffy, so my wisdom teeth are jabbed into the back of my mouth, and my nose is stuffed up. And I have to go to Wal-Mart today.

"Ugh. Do I have to go? I would rather much like to stay home, in bed and look like **** then move."

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Time to give an Alpha Sapphire Run Update
Team:
- Dipper
-Shimu
- Climnew
-Flandre
- Ronali
- Sumireko
This team composition was designed to try and counter Watson when I got to him. The two new additions are obviously Sumireko and Ronali - both of them were caught in the Granite Cave today around level 10. Ronali's name was an on the spot choice, Sumireko is another Touhou reference. At this point, I felt like there was beginning to be a challenge, mainly because I least expected it - i.e when fighting Team Aqua in the Museum, one Grunt's Carvahna used Water Jet and took out the then under-leveled Sumireko, but thankfully Sumireko's at a pretty viable stage now.

I quite like the new changes done with the Contest mini-game. And Poké Block making is not a hassle that I can remember thanks to being such a simple process now. Thinking about that made me flash back to making Poffins in DPPT, and I can imagine what a (relatively recent) nostalgia bomb a Diamond/Pearl Remake could be. Back to the Contest, It was admittedly very close, but Dipper managed to end up in first place in the Cuteness contest!

With that done, I made my way to Route 110 and admittedly caught off-guard when fighting Brendan. It made me think back to when I fought the rival back in the original versions and think how difficult it was to fight him/her. Either way, I quite liked the battle this time. Ronali took out Slugma with no problem, then Climnew was brought in against Wailmer. Grovyle was a welcome challenge - taking out Shimu and Sumireko, but being able to put out enough damage for Flandre to be able to bring the fight to it's conclusion. It was quite tense, but still enjoyable.

On the collecting Pokémon side, plenty of new Pokémon were caught since last time; got Volcanion from redeeming a Mystery Gift code and most of the Route 110 Pokémon. By the end of tomorrow, I'd like to have beaten Watson (and finally finish that template, otherwise I'll have to type out my hype levels for the Gen VII additions so far.)
All in all, it seems to be going at a reasonable pace. Hopefully at the rate I'm going, I get to the end game just before Sun and Moon's release like I intend for. And that's all the typing energy I've got for - night all. - Edit: There seems to be an error in formatting that spoiler...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think I might won't post a HeartGold update today
I just got started (I wasn't home until about an hour ago) and I only made it to Cherrygrove City
However grinding is guaranteed to be shorter this time around since I'm not gonna use a Bellsprout, so who knows.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Somebody yesterday (not here) asked me if I wanted Pyukumuku to evolve. I intitally said no because I don't really care much about the Pokémon. Best to just have it become one of them forgotten Pokemon, in my opinion. Then I thought, "you know if it did evolve, what would it evolve into?" So I looked up evolution ideas and...

I'm so ****ing done.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Riddler update:

-Kommo-o was the Monk Staff and Silvally was Yuki/Rin.
-The chart has been updated with the recent hints such as Salandit's seductress evolution. Curiously, two more slots were added to the image: A picture of a fire, which is between the Toucan and Tapu Koko, and a picture of a red cross with Chinese writing on it (apparently it means ban/envelop), which is placed after the Ultra Beasts and before Magearna. I wonder what they're supposed to be...
-He again mentions that he hinted at Lunala's Pokedex number at an earlier time, funny that popped up again considering we were just discussing it a day ago.
There are 3 major things to look at in this update.
A) The new volcanic spew next to Tapu Koko, is this supposed to hint at a Legendary based on Pele?
B) The "Strange Souvenir" Tapu has been moved from the second slot, Akala's, to the last one.
C) The actual Ban/Seal/Block symbol might just be UB-03's name....

Somebody yesterday (not here) asked me if I wanted Pyukumuku to evolve. I intitally said no because I don't really care much about the Pokémon. Best to just have it become one of them forgotten Pokemon, in my opinion. Then I thought, "you know if it did evolve, what would it evolve into?" So I looked up evolution ideas and...

I'm so ****ing done.
YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH PUNCHYMUKU?!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Decided to give my rival an actual name, since Gold was re-named to Ethan in HGSS. Results:
Rival's name.png

Bonus points if you get the reference.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Also, update thing.
http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/29149263
It appears that Drampa and Turtonator have no prevos and might be version exclusive.
May need to do some team adjustment now. I'm getting Moon but I'd planned to use Turtonator in my first run. :p

Going off of this, it could be a case of them being Totem Pokémon for a Dragon trial, exclusive to each version.​

D

Deleted member

May need to do some team adjustment now. I'm getting Moon but I'd planned to use Turtonator in my first run. :p

Going off of this, it could be a case of them being Totem Pokémon for a Dragon trial, exclusive to each version.​
I could trade you one since I'm probably getting Sun.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I could trade you one since I'm probably getting Sun.
Thanks for the offer, but I don't usually trade for story playthroughs teams, unless it's an evolution requirement, haha. Just a personal choice. Otherwise I'd have Midday Rockruff on my story team as well. :p

Although that does limit my Fire options. I'd like a Fire type, but Litten and Turtonator would require trading, and I'd rather not use older Pokémon, so Alolan Marowak is out. So unless I'm forgetting someone, my Fire options come down to Salandit and Oricorio Baile. Out of those, I think I'll go with the latter, so...

Planned Moon Team:

Entermaid/Sirene
"I can't even give Pikipek's final form a nickname since I have no clue what it looks like"
Lurantis
Mudsdale
Oranguru
Oricorio (Baile)

Only types doubled up that way are Normal and Flying. I can dig that.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Moon team: Party at the birds edition:

Robingroot
Oricorio
Piki "I hope he gets a double type because I already have three flying types" Pek
Alolan Pidgeotto pretty please?

The rest of the slots will be used to balance out the three plus flying types. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom