• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Man.
I just thought about something.
The biggest challenges of Johto would be shifted heavilly now because of one factor.
:175:, specifically :176:.
With eviolite, which I'd assume would be on the Johto half of the game, would end up with an admirably Togetic with immunity to dragon and likely a better offensive fairy move than ust Fairy Wind by the time to reach Claire's :230: and Lance's 3 BS dragonites :149::149::149: 47 47 and 50, given that Alola's bound to give the type more moves.
Not just Togetic, but also :036:, :040:, and:210: . Fairy-Types basically break the challange of Gold/Silver.

Especially :036:, because of its Life Orb combo.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Man.
I just thought about something.
The biggest challenges of Johto would be shifted heavilly now because of one factor.
:175:, specifically :176:.
With eviolite, which I'd assume would be on the Johto half of the game, would end up with an admirably Togetic with immunity to dragon and likely a better offensive fairy move than ust Fairy Wind by the time to reach Claire's :230: and Lance's 3 BS dragonites :149::149::149: 47 47 and 50, given that Alola's bound to give the type more moves.
Watch to make up for it, they have scope lens and iron tail.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Tonight had been a disaster, forgot my own key because of my own emotions (still haven't really let go of that incident since there are three days left until the funeral). I was legit scared that there would be no way I can get in the house and my ex-father would want nothing to do with me.

Instead, he allowed me to take a ride with him and his friends to reach home and use his old house key to let me in. Not only that, he had a heart to heart moment with me about how hard it is to lose someone important to you and how badly he misses being able to accept me as his son. So he gave me a little gift to cope with my sorrows (it's best not to talk about it since taking about the legal "D Word" is forbidden around here) and we are one are way home.

Never thought that he would miss being around me or the rest of his former family so much. Was it God merely making me personally see him again or my own emotional mistake was sheer luck?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So after today's trailer, I'm convinced Gladion is the true rival.

-He's rematched throughout the entire game, start to finish it seems.

-His Silvda in the Japanese trailer has a fire memory. It's possible he uses one to beat your starter. The scyther was just stand in for rowlett's final form.

-Seems important to the story.

-He gets a Silvda. No if we look at the description, we can see Silva is all about bonds. It says that you it won't evolve if it doesn't trust it's trainer.

So if Gladion starts with a Type Null then it clearly doesn't trust him.

Theory time: Gladion ends up becoming a better person or hero throughout events of the story. His Type Null ends up evolving because of this and he becomes an actual rival. Not evil, but respects your power and wants to get stronger. In the end, he does what Guzma didn't and is offered a trial captain spot on Aether's island. He aids you in stopping Aether and the Ultra Beasts as Silvida's power is one of the only things capable of stopping them.

Thoughts?

Now a side theory:

Pokken NX is a thing and a launch title, it comes with the DLC arcade characters, additional characters and assists as well as Sun and Moon Representation.

Another Side theory: I'm convinced my garage is haunted.
Actually, I'm getting wordied about the "true rival"
We're one month away from release and we have nothing
Unless it's Gladion as you suggest but someone needs to use the other starter(I'm thinking Gladion will be more like Wally, a rival without the usual starter)
I'm betting on Lillie but she doesn't like fighting...

Burruni

Smash Hero
Eviolite is not in Johto
It didn't even exist back then
Neither did the Fairy type.
The entire basis was saying that those challenges would be noticably easier to handle with a rather iconic part of the Johto journey WITH the new things we've now gotten access to.

Not just Togetic, but also :036:, :040:, and:210: . Fairy-Types basically break the challange of Gold/Silver.

Especially :036:, because of its Life Orb combo.
I didn't mention Clefable because I thought it was locked until Mt. Moon.
Then I remembered it's Whitney's OTHER pokemon.

Watch to make up for it, they have scope lens and iron tail.
DON'T GIVE THEM IDEAS.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I just picked up Colour Splash and a Boo amiibo.

Day made.

Also I'm doing a Wonderlocke in XY and it's really fun. Very easy though... that's XY for ya!

Gee I wish they'd have brought back the difficulty setting like what was in BW2. They know older people play the game.

Chrono.

Unless it's Gladion as you suggest but someone needs to use the other starter(I'm thinking Gladion will be more like Wally, a rival without the usual starter)
Maybe we won't have a "true rival" this time around (Gladion strikes me more as Wally or N).

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just picked up Colour Splash and a Boo amiibo.

Day made.

Also I'm doing a Wonderlocke in XY and it's really fun. Very easy though... that's XY for ya!

Gee I wish they'd have brought back the difficulty setting like what was in BW2. They know older people play the game.
Tell us if you like Color Splash.

The split seems to be so 50/50 that every opinion is unique.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
He may be like Wally or N, I think Lilie gets the other starter but won't battle often.

What's interesting is that in the anime it says she likes pokemon, but can never touch them. I wonder if that will play into the games.

She could end up like May in ORAS. Fleshed out, but no full team till post game. If she accepts battling in the end.

I still want her to have an entire competitive team with spike, toxic, stealth rock, etc. Essentially movesets that require her pokemon doing any physical work. Could make her pretty powerful, but probably won't happen. The below is possible to:

Maybe we won't have a "true rival" this time around (Gladion strikes me more as Wally or N).
This could very well happen. What's interesting is Hau gets serious later on, Gladion is serious from the start, and Lilie is just there atm. I wonder if any of them could end up the true rival, or we'll go through the game with 3 rivals, but all act and fulfill different rival roles.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I'm debating whether or not I should do a nuzlock on my Pokemon Soulsilver. If I've recently played the game, it'd would absolutely be a nuzlock, but it's been a few years since I've played it, so I'm not sure what I want to do.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
A bit late, but I was going to post my thoughts anyway -
Silvally: Looks awesome, and it's obvious made in the image of Arceus with it's abilities and design. Will take me a bit of time to get used to the real name, but I'll be going with the FullMetal Alchemist PTSD path anyway.
Steenee and Tsareena - Seems like this gen's 'Pretty Pokémon.' May or may not use it, but will probably catch one if needs be. Like Floette last time, I seem to prefer the first Steenee's design over Tsareena's.
Hakamo-o and Kommo-o - Definitely the pseudo-legendaries from what I'm seeing - they look pretty cool design-wise, and I think it'd be great to have on my team eventually.
Ribombee - Neutral feelings.

Alola Grimer and Muk - Looks like they're both gone...
on an acid trip.
Realistically neutral to both of them.
And gosh darn it Preview - you really are a poor Mac's Photoshop. It'll take me a while to do that template, unfortunately.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm debating whether or not I should do a nuzlock on my Pokemon Soulsilver. If I've recently played the game, it'd would absolutely be a nuzlock, but it's been a few years since I've played it, so I'm not sure what I want to do.
90% of my playthroughs these days are Nuzlockes, however I just beat HG with a normal run and immensely enjoyed myself.

It's a good game to have a Nuzlocke break.

Aside from the awful NPC and wild Pokemon levelling.

Just started Jojo part 2, battle tendencies (im assuming part is the shortest at only 9 episodes)

I kind of assumed Speedwagon would have a larger role before getting killed >_>

Joseph seems pretty cool.

BUT WHY DOES HE JUST WALK AROUD WITH A FULLY LOADED THOMPSON>
AND WHERE DOES HE KEEP IT

also still no stands RIP
[/spoiler[
Now off to episode 11
:061:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Tonight had been a disaster, forgot my own key because of my own emotions (still haven't really let go of that incident since there are three days left until the funeral). I was legit scared that there would be no way I can get in the house and my ex-father would want nothing to do with me.

Instead, he allowed me to take a ride with him and his friends to reach home and use his old house key to let me in. Not only that, he had a heart to heart moment with me about how hard it is to lose someone important to you and how badly he misses being able to accept me as his son. So he gave me a little gift to cope with my sorrows (it's best not to talk about it since taking about the legal "D Word" is forbidden around here) and we are one are way home.

Never thought that he would miss being around me or the rest of his former family so much. Was it God merely making me personally see him again or my own emotional mistake was sheer luck?
I would have been nice enough to let you stay for the night, but there's no way my mother would allow me with how rational she is. When you are in a fragile emotional state about a loss, she feels as someone with medical experience that it's best for you to stay as far away from her property as possible. There's no way I could have argued against her because "she's the one with the PH.D and I'm just a student that didn't accomplish her science major yet". My father's already in the middle of a research project, hence why he's been gone for over a several weeks by now.

Sorry I couldn't be able to help you, but it's nice that your former old man was able to help you get inside. Stay safe and I'll see you personally next Wednesday. Because after all, it's best to personally leave you be for at least a couple more days after your personally business with your grandparent is over. Again, I apologize if I couldn't be able to let you stay over for the night. Good luck. :(

D

Deleted member

Just started Jojo part 2, battle tendencies (im assuming part is the shortest at only 9 episodes)

also still no stands RIP
[/spoiler[
Now off to episode 11
Speedwagon was too pure for this sinful world

Yeah, Part 1 is the shortest of all

Pfft, who needs Stands when you have the best Part of Jojo right in your hands
Also, relevant but Stardust Crusaders spoilers
FB_IMG_1474974853505.jpg

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Okay I'll allow people to badmouth Alolan Grimer to a degree, but don't you dare say anything bad about Muk.

That design is slick.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

also still no stands RIP
[/spoiler[
Now off to episode 11
Welcome to the best part.

See you on the other side.

Welcome to the best part.

See you on the other side.
Based on the fact it took me like 6 months to ever finish part 1 "the other side" is probably very very far away. :079:
Episode 11 was ok. Nothing to special since this is still introduction stuff.

But it did have my very first introduction to Jojo
Which is still super awesome.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I'm not sure if this has been pointed out yet, but uh... isn't an Alolan Grimer basically a Shiny Grimer with a slightly different expression and yellow oil around its mouth? I know the shade is somewhat different, but that's what it generally looks like to me. :p

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm not sure if this has been pointed out yet, but uh... isn't an Alolan Grimer basically a Shiny Grimer with a slightly different expression and yellow oil around its mouth? I know the shade is somewhat different, but that's what it generally looks like to me :p
The shade of green is different between the 2.

Chrono.

I'm not sure if this has been pointed out yet, but uh... isn't an Alolan Grimer basically a Shiny Grimer with a slightly different expression and yellow oil around its mouth? I know the shade is somewhat different, but that's what it generally looks like to me :p
Yeah but does it really matter when it evolves into clown vomit?

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Yeah but does it really matter when it evolves into clown vomit?
I mean, it's meant to be based off specific oil leaks that appear in Hawaii. I know it is not necessarily that appealing to some, but in terms of depicting something that exists in the real world, they got it right with Alolan Muk. Plus, Poison/Dark is a very good typing, so people might actually use Muk for once. If you really want it to have different colors, however, its shiny may be the only way to change it...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom