• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Actually
How many pokemon do we know we've got?
All officially confirmed mons
final starter and pikipek evos
Marshadow
more unseen pokemon Gamexplain mentioned (They said they didn't get to evolve anything)
How many are left when you count all but GX's for the supposed 80?
Not counting Alolan forms.
54 officially confirmed.
+3 starters +2 birbs.
Marshadow.
An the one other new mon.
That makes 61.
(Disregarding 3 other Tapus and the Toucan.... The 2 stage snowman, 2 stage darwin cat, the dolphin....)

Soul.

A 4x weakness to Flying? Lol no thank you come again.
it's not like it matters tbh

it'll be frail as **** anyways; it could've gotten stab low kick or perhaps even high jump kick lol.

Apparently another ability type was nerfed. the '-ate' abilities apparently no longer provide another 30% power. Good, that **** was obnoxious
So they only factor in STAB? Gen VI -ate Abilities factored in a 30% boost as well as STAB

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Not counting Alolan forms.
54 officially confirmed.
+3 starters +2 birbs.
Marshadow.
An the one other new mon.
That makes 61.
(Disregarding 3 other Tapus and the Toucan.... The 2 stage snowman, 2 stage darwin cat, the dolphin....)
Mening 10 more we know nothing about? Kiiiinda doubt that tbh

it'll be frail as **** anyways; it could've gotten stab low kick or perhaps even high jump kick lol.

So they only factor in STAB? Gen VI -ate Abilities factored in a 30% boost as well as STAB
Apparently so, yes. Having both STAB AND a 30% boost was absolutely ridiculous

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Mening 10 more we know nothing about? Kiiiinda doubt that tbh
Considering Riddler told us point-blank Salandit evolves?
The "team skull" leak said there's a common prevo for the celestial legendary duo?
Riddler's "speculation list" gave some evo numbers for Minior, Pyukumuku, Comfey....
Yeeeeeah.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
What do you mean sadly?
I wanna know it's stats and movepull NOW. I'm an impatient *****
Considering Riddler told us point-blank Salandit evolves?
The "team skull" leak said there's a common prevo for the celestial legendary duo?
Riddler's "speculation list" gave some evo numbers for Minior, Pyukumuku, Comfey....
Yeeeeeah.
And again, Gamexplain mentioned new ****

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I think that might've been our last pokemon news dump before the release.
Of the games? Probably not, there's another CoroCoro coming and that livestream on the 23rd may have something as well. And the datamining of the demo of course.

And again, Gamexplain mentioned new ****
Couldn't that have just been Alolan Grimer? I mean, it wasn't officially revealed yet when that video got online and we know Grimer is an early-game Pokémon.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Of the games? Probably not, there's another CoroCoro coming and that livestream on the 23rd may have something as well. And the datamining of the demo of course.

Couldn't that have just been Alolan Grimer? I mean, it wasn't officially revealed yet when that video got online and we know Grimer is an early-game Pokémon.
The demo getting datamined doesn't count.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

I'm certain they said NEW new, not Alolan. Even then, they said multiple iirc

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This is so surreal.

I finally got a Lucina amiibo today because of the Best Buy restock. Just a few more to go.

:4luigi::4dedede::4megaman::4ryu: and maybe :4samus::4pit::4cloud::4bayonetta:.

And Shovel Knight.

Burruni

Smash Hero
The people that said that didn't seem too knowledgeable about pokemon though
One of the two had been playing Pokemon across all generations.
To quote from their discussion on it.
"I was hoping for that emerald or black/white kind of sped again. It's... like just about X & Y or ORAS, mayb a LITTLE slower."
"But compared to Diamo--"
"Oh, god no! It's not as slow as Gen 4! It's one of my most hated gens because of that. Let me be clear on that, it ISN'T that slow."

Mentions things across gens 3-6, discussin gen 7. And it's not like being familiar of the first 251 would be a challenge from there even IF he's never played with gen 1 and 2.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I'm certain they said NEW new, not Alolan. Even then, they said multiple iirc
I just rewatched that part and he only answered with 'yes but I can't say anything specific' and 'apparently we're encountering Pokémon we haven't seen yet early in the game.' So nothing about multiple or whether it's about new or Alolans. But eh, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

...Hmm. Alright yeah I'll agree to an additional STAB. As for its likeliness of being frail, its description seems to indicate it has some form of physical protection, so it *could* have a decent Defense. Maybe not enough to bulk Brave Bird from Tflame but still.

Burruni

Smash Hero
So.
Z crystal + ring idea
Ring/Braclet comes after beating the Kahuna of Mele-Mele whose name I can't remember exactly, I think it's Hala?

12 Z-Crystals come from trial captains.

Mele-Mele has 2, given the small size.
Akala has 4, all of which we know.
Big island with the mountain has 3 or 4.
Fourth island fills out the rest, being only 2 or 3 given team shenanigans are going to dominate the last leg of the story.

4 Z-Crystals come from the 4 Kahuna.

The last two?

Dark or Poison comes from Guzma.
Then Psychic or Fairy comes from Lusamine.

Edit: Specific Z-Crystals like Psychu's and Eevee's come from "Sidequests" you can do.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Bleh, I don't mean to go on a political rant all of the sudden, but I feel that it's neccassary as this year in general I've argued with people because they have left winging opinions and being rather soft. I just wanted to state that it's nothing personal by any means, I usually don't care what people think and I do rather people be overly soft than bigoted. However, the reason why I do what I do is to contain another, much bigger problem. That being the alt right anti SJWs, the kind you usually see in youtube comments sections.(Usually with an avatar of old art to make them look smart regardless of what they say, or if not some meme from /pol/.) These guys are the ones I REALLY worry about, no one's going to take some crazy SJW seriously, but someone who can look smart because opposing "team" seems stupid? That creates an actual problem, because that's a fire that's a lot harder to exguingish.

They usually claim to go completely off of facts and reason.... Even though they do what they do because of their own emotions. I think they just forgot that hatred is another emotion? LMFAO. Which reminds me "triggered" has become a word that has the same purpose as shouting that someone is any of the 'phobics. Pretty much meaning that you can just reply that to someone and that's somehow suppose to make their arguement invalid instantly. :p I also dislike the people that debunk something crazy that only very few people think anyway, and yet act like they're smart because they stated it.

Unfornately a small portion of left extremists have spawned a ton of right extremists... But then again, it is the end of the election, during every election people always go on about the world is going to end, that is until we get into the next presidency and we all just focus on small issues again. Eh, at least Trump is going to lose, can't wait for all the doom and gloom.

Probably the most random off topic thing I've ever posted, but I just wanted to get that out of my system.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burruni

Smash Hero
ALSO.
Poke-Blue Update #5.
Team gathered.
Erika down.
A LOT of catching up handled.
Team now, all Lv.29
:071: Alex
:053: Kebako
:051: Burrowni
:135: Volt
:124: Lola (didn't have a choice in name)
:054: Fowl Mind

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Looking back at Olivia, I felt that I had seen her before.
Then it hit me.
RWBY fans (and people who aren't fans but still know), remember how tumblr artists drew the members of Team RWBY with darkened skin due to the lack of black people in the show during Volume 1? Olivia looks just like darkened skin Blake.
PLUS
One of the clones Blake has used was done through rock Dust.....Olivia is the Rock type Kahuna......
There are four islands in Alola......
OH MY GOD
SUN AND MOON IS SECRETLY RWBY

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
This is so surreal.

I finally got a Lucina amiibo today because of the Best Buy restock. Just a few more to go.

:4luigi::4dedede::4megaman::4ryu: and maybe :4samus::4pit::4cloud::4bayonetta:.

And Shovel Knight.
Gawddam I completely forgot about the restock today...we'll see if I can make it to Best Buy before they close...

Burruni

Smash Hero
Man.
I just thought about something.
The biggest challenges of Johto would be shifted heavilly now because of one factor.
:175:, specifically :176:.
With eviolite, which I'd assume would be on the Johto half of the game, would end up with an admirably Togetic with immunity to dragon and likely a better offensive fairy move than ust Fairy Wind by the time to reach Claire's :230: and Lance's 3 BS dragonites :149::149::149: 47 47 and 50, given that Alola's bound to give the type more moves.

D

Deleted member

Man.
I just thought about something.
The biggest challenges of Johto would be shifted heavilly now because of one factor.
:175:, specifically :176:.
With eviolite, which I'd assume would be on the Johto half of the game, would end up with an admirably Togetic with immunity to dragon and likely a better offensive fairy move than ust Fairy Wind by the time to reach Claire's :230: and Lance's 3 BS dragonites :149::149::149: 47 47 and 50, given that Alola's bound to give the type more moves.
Eviolite is not in Johto
It didn't even exist back then

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So after today's trailer, I'm convinced Gladion is the true rival.

-He's rematched throughout the entire game, start to finish it seems.

-His Silvda in the Japanese trailer has a fire memory. It's possible he uses one to beat your starter. The scyther was just stand in for rowlett's final form.

-Seems important to the story.

-He gets a Silvda. No if we look at the description, we can see Silva is all about bonds. It says that you it won't evolve if it doesn't trust it's trainer.

So if Gladion starts with a Type Null then it clearly doesn't trust him.

Theory time: Gladion ends up becoming a better person or hero throughout events of the story. His Type Null ends up evolving because of this and he becomes an actual rival. Not evil, but respects your power and wants to get stronger. In the end, he does what Guzma didn't and is offered a trial captain spot on Aether's island. He aids you in stopping Aether and the Ultra Beasts as Silvida's power is one of the only things capable of stopping them.

Thoughts?

Now a side theory:

Pokken NX is a thing and a launch title, it comes with the DLC arcade characters, additional characters and assists as well as Sun and Moon Representation.

Another Side theory: I'm convinced my garage is haunted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom