• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Thanks for the offer, but I don't usually trade for story playthroughs teams, unless it's an evolution requirement, haha. Just a personal choice. Otherwise I'd have Midday Rockruff on my story team as well. :p

Although that does limit my Fire options. I'd like a Fire type, but Litten and Turtonator would require trading, and I'd rather not use older Pokémon, so Alolan Marowak is out. So unless I'm forgetting someone, my Fire options come down to Salandit and Oricorio Baile. Out of those, I think I'll go with the latter, so...

Planned Moon Team:

Entermaid/Sirene
"I can't even give Pikipek's final form a nickname since I have no clue what it looks like"
Lurantis
Mudsdale
Oranguru
Oricorio (Baile)

Only types doubled up that way are Normal and Flying. I can dig that.
I see. Alright then.

Metallica's drummer?
Nope

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So, yesterday's results.

upload_2016-10-15_20-33-49.png

Average scores for each.

Character/Pokémon|Average Score
Alolan Muk|2.92
Alolan Grimer|2.03
Silvally|4.58
Hakamo-o|3.50
Kommo-o|3.96
Steenee|3.73
Tsareena|3.62
Ribombee|3.65
Olivia|4.03
Ilima|3.46
Silvally, Olivia and Kommo-o were our most favourite announcements yesterday. While our Social isn't keen on Alolan Grimer or Muk.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Oh, don't get me wrong. I think Alolan Muk and Grimer serve their purpose.

Being ridiculously disgusting.

Burruni

Smash Hero
So Drampa and Turtonator are single stage.

How does the 80 mon dex look now?
54 shown so far.
3 starters, 2 birbs, "Aristotle", 3 tapus, 2 stage snowman, 2 stage darwin cat, dolphin, marshadow, toucan.
That'd be at least 70. Common prevo for the legendaries from the Team Skull leak makes 71. 72 for "Pele."
Pyukumuku, morelull, wimpod, and minior all very likely for evos puts at least 76.

So besides evolutions, we'd have about 4 normal pokemon lines we haven't seeen, about 6 legendaries, and "leftover" for at most 4 more, which may include evos/prevos for things like Mimikyu, Oranguru, and Passimian alongside the unseen toucan and dolphin?

Still a little shakey to me, personally. 90-100 is my estimate. 20-25 alolan forms with... 11 known now, 12 with persian?

edit:
So is there a place that collects all of the Sun & Moon deets in one location?
Official deets? Serebii/Bulbapedia/The official site

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
54 shown so far.
3 starters, 2 birbs, "Aristotle", 3 tapus, 2 stage snowman, 2 stage darwin cat, dolphin, marshadow, toucan.
That'd be at least 70. Common prevo for the legendaries from the Team Skull leak makes 71. 72 for "Pele."
Pyukumuku, morelull, wimpod, and minior all very likely for evos puts at least 76.

So besides evolutions, we'd have about 4 normal pokemon lines we haven't seeen, about 6 legendaries, and "leftover" for at most 4 more, which may include evos/prevos for things like Mimikyu, Oranguru, and Passimian alongside the unseen toucan and dolphin?

Still a little shakey to me, personally. 90-100 is my estimate. 20-25 alolan forms with... 11 known now, 12 with persian?

edit:
I meant stuff like demo info (example: the info saying Turtonator & Drampa have no evos).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't think I should play Smash with people around me any more.

As soon as I start playing, people don't want to play. I make people rage quit when they ask me to "duel" them.

I'm making the game not fun for people. That hurts...
Maybe, but if your friends can't handle losing or aren't good, they should go around challenging people to begin with, or at least not get angry at losing.
So Drampa and Turtonator are single stage.

How does the 80 mon dex look now?
Eh, still on the fence about it. So we are down two potential Pokemon, but that puts us at 80 out of speculation( A 4chan thread last night calculated the remaining logical pokemon minus UBS and they got 82). The Riddler adding another slot which may or may not be for a UB or a Legend, so plus one probably right there.

We also likely have two fossil pokemon, each evolving once, so plus 4 there.

It could go either way.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I think I'll import a Arbok and be happy with it.

*Screams internally*

Burruni

Smash Hero
I meant stuff like demo info (example: the info saying Turtonator & Drampa have no evos).
Most cases peeopl find stuff off 4chan's /vp/ board an redistribute.

The Turt/Drampa thing isn't demo info.
Italian retailer claiming to have the "promotional boxes" for the games to sell the demo shows that on the back of each, those epokemon are shown at the "registry" phase of capturing which have no pokeballs on th screen unlik when we saw pokemon caught at E3 where the other stagse in the lines woul have a symbol to show how far they go.

Edit:
54 shown so far.

edit:
I realize I didn't eveen include the Salandit evo.
So that's even less wiggle room for the 80 dex.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Listing off various nicknames for the new pokemon...missing pokemon I either want to wait for their evolutions, haven't thought of one yet, or don't care for so I didn't bother...

Rowlet/Dartrix-Gambit
Vikavolt-Vector
Gumshoos-Watson
Bewear-Lemmy
Drampa-Falkor
Ribombee-Navi
Kommo-o-Umaga
Turtonator-Grinexx
Lycanroc
-Midday-Sköll
-Midnight-Hati
Alolan Ninetales-Skadi
Passimian-King Julien
Oranguru-King Louie
Alolan Raticate-Remy

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I still have no idea which version I'll get.

I may have to resort to the same decision maker I used for FE Fates versions....namely, a coin flip.

Edit: What are the version exclusives, again?

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I still have no idea which version I'll get.

I may have to resort to the same decision maker I used for FE Fates versions....namely, a coin flip.

Edit: What are the version exclusives, again?
So far...
Sun
Lycanroc (midday)
Passimian
UB-02Absorbtion
Solgaleo
Gumshoos (as a Totem pokemon)

Moon
Lycanroc(midnight)
Oranguru
UB-02 Beauty
Lunala
Faticate (as a Totem Pokemon)

As well as the 12 hr difference that has been confirmed thus far...

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Can't wait to spray my water gun all over her nosepass

Edit: I hear it's super effective

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh, I decided on my Smash 5 roster, if any of you want to see.

:p
Poor Captain Toad. Every other Smashified character, even Travis, from a fan game, but not him.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Shovel Knight Update!
Pridemoor keep has been cleared, and King Knight is defeated!
Only took three tries to nail him, just had to really jump and stab a lot, the confetti was a bit annoying.
By far the worst part of this stage though was the part with the disappearing platforms and the cauldrons. Ugh, that was just awful.....
Gonna take a break for food and comics, then it's on to......the Lich Yard, and Specter Knight!

D

Deleted member

Oh, I decided on my Smash 5 roster, if any of you want to see.

>Travis, a fan character, is on this roster.

The floodgates have been open. Now Sakurai will start stealing Sonic OC's. :p

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Poor Captain Toad. Every other Smashified character, even Travis, from a fan game, but not him.

Speaking of Travis, did Mother 4 get released yet? I thought for sure it was supposed to be out by now, but I've heard nothing about it for a while.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Speaking of Travis, did Mother 4 get released yet? I thought for sure it was supposed to be out by now, but I've heard nothing about it for a while.
Honestly I completely forgot about it until I saw that roster.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Someone finally uploaded two of the Fire Emblem Fates Drama CDs. More specifically, we now have transcripts for both of the Birthright Drama CDs, which focus on Takumi during the events of Corrin's return to Hoshido around Chapter 4. It mainly provides context as to why Takumi acted the way he did in Chapter 5.

Here are the links to the two CDs:
The transcripts for both Drama CDs were also uploaded to Serenes Forest by the same user.

I should probably post my thoughts on these CDs:

Drama CD 1:

I like how Takumi narrates Corrin's return to Hoshido. He gives us some pretty good insight of what he thought at the time. He mentions that he had a hard time remembering Corrin, and the reason is understandable. Considering Corrin was kidnapped at a young age, Takumi was probably very young at the time, so he would only know about Corrin well if Ryoma or Hinoka told him about it. We also see that Takumi acknowledges the truth about Corrin's relationship with Mikoto, a nice touch if you ask me.

And it's nice to see have more Takumi, Oboro, and Hinata interactions. Man I love them as a trio!

It turns out Takumi was initially going to be warm to Corrin; Oboro and Hinata helped him warm up to the idea at first, but the second drama CD talks about the change.

Drama CD 2:

Mikoto and Takumi's conversation was great. Takumi reiterates a very good point as to why he is not super-elated to see his brother compared to the other siblings: "We didn't grow up together." He also has a very human reaction upon learning that Ryoma and Corrin went to exterminate the Faceless without him.

And that conversation between Saizo and Takumi was really good. We learn the reason only Ryoma and Corrin went to kill the Faceless was because Ryoma decided a small elite group would suffice, hence why Takumi, Saizo, and Kagero were left behind. Saizo suggests the reason why Ryoma left Takumi behind was because Ryoma didn't want to expose Takumi to unnecessary danger. Takumi bitterly laughs, knowing that it's a pretty silly reason.

The uploader noted that Yuki Kaji, Takumi's Japanese VA, nailed it with the bitter laugh, and Takumi's bitterness in general. Not surprised. Yuki Kaji is a damn good voice actor, and I remember how well he voiced Eren in Attack on Titan, another character who displayed bitterness pretty often.

Getting back to the subject, Takumi knows Saizo is saying that just to comfort him. He also knows Saizo was listening on his conversation with Mikoto, so he asks him why. Saizo explains that he is suspicious to Corrin, and he listened in on the conversation because he wanted to hear everyone's disposition on the matter.

Saizo then expands on why he thinks Corrin is suspicious once the two are in a private location. This is worth copy and pasting the conversation word from word, because it was the biggest highlight of the two CDs.

Saizo: I recently came across Corrin at the Bottomless Canyon. He was with a man named Hans, and attacked us. When I moved in with my soldiers, the Nohrian royalty appeared. He addressed them as his siblings. Thinking he was one of them, I attacked, and the Nohrian royalty protected him.

Takumi: Is that true?

Saizo: Yes. I don't think it was an act, nor that it was an illusion. He aided the Nohrian royalty, killed Hoshidan soldiers... If he was truly Nohr's prisoner, why was he so close with their royalty?

Takumi: Indeed.

Saizo: I decided that there is no way I can trust that guy.

Takumi: No, it's not just you. After hearing your story, I think so as well.

^Ladies and gentleman, this conversation right here is why Takumi acted the way he did in Birthright Chapter 5, and it was all thanks to Saizo.

But this conversation made me like Saizo even more than I previously did. It perfectly links back to his C-support with Corrin. Saizo is one of the few characters in Fates that doesn't kiss Corrin's feet from the get go, and when Corrin asks Saizo if the reason he's spying on him was because Ryoma told him to, Saizo responds, "This has nothing to do with Lord Ryoma. I'm doing it on my own initiative."

Indeed, Ryoma was happy and trusted Corrin the moment he came back to Hoshido, but Saizo wasn't. He noticed how Corrin was part of the small Nohrian force that attacked the fort at the Bottomless Canyon, and he noticed how close Corrin was to his Nohrian siblings. He even states this bold point: "If he was truly Nohr's prisoner, why was he so close with their royalty?"

These are perfectly legit reasons to distrust Corrin from the get-go; after hearing it, Takumi's actions toward Corrin in Chapter 5 are perfectly justified.

Ryoma didn't seem to be aware about what happened at the Bottomless Canyon then, so that's why he was happy about Corrin's return rather than be suspicious. Saizo didn't want to tell him the news right away because he didn't "want to disturb Lord Ryoma and Queen Mikoto's happiness." Obviously, it's clear that Saizo cares about Ryoma so much that he doesn't want to hurt his feelings, yet it also makes you wonder what would've happened if Saizo told many people about that right away. Still, Saizo's actions and suspicions are some of the main reasons why he's my favorite of the three ninjas character-wise. The two CDs also made me appreciate Takumi even more than I previously did.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
They delayed it until next year.

*Insert Miyamoto quote*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom