• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So, I just took my dog for a walk, and the first thing I see is a falcon eating a dead squirrel.

Perhaps this is a sign to stay inside today.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Silvally and Jangmo'o's evolutions look really cool in action. Also, the dubbed name for Silvally's ability: RKS System. I see what you did there Game Freak!

Bounsweet's evolutions weren't what I expected, so they'll take some getting used to. They look a bit odd, but I'm curious to see how well Tsareena will stack up competitive-meta wise with that new ability.

Cutiefly's evolution looks pretty cute. Definitely my favorite Bug-type alongside Vikavolt this generation.

Alola Muk looks pretty hideous.

We are already learned about what type Ilima specializes in thanks to the details about the demo yesterday, but it was nice to have some verification. I think Olivia focusing on Rock-types confirms that Kahunas will focus on a specific type rather than multiple types.
So then we have a Rock Kahuna, and a Fighting Kahuna. I wonder what the other types will be.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So, I just took my dog for a walk, and the first thing I see is a falcon eating a dead squirrel.

Falcon...Lunch!

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

But Pachirisu is supposed to have a type advantage on Talonflame :/

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
your gonna pull a muscle if you keep stretching that hard
And I have a feeling you're gonna end up sorely disappointed if you're expecting over 100 new Pokémon, but I digress.

D

Deleted member

"It lowers an opponent’s Attack by showering it with blazing hot kicks in a style similar to that originating from tropical countries."
Capoeira mon confirmed
so im just going to throw out a guess here and say the reason we havent seen alolan persian is because its a trial pokemon
That makes no sense, Wishiwashi, Lurantis and Gumshoos were all showed before their status was revealed

Anyways, AR and RKS are the names of Silvally's ability...
Yep, it was totally created to defeat Arceus
Alola Muk is somehow uglier than Alola Grimer lol

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
"It lowers an opponent’s Attack by showering it with blazing hot kicks in a style similar to that originating from tropical countries."
Capoeira mon confirmed

That makes no sense, Wishiwashi, Lurantis and Gumshoos were all showed before their status was revealed

and you know who wasnt? alolan raticate

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
To be honest I'm considering Muk for my team now.THE COLORS

Tsareena could be cool if it has a high attack stat. It's awesome to see another priority-negating ability.

The Kommo-o line isn't interesting me as much as other people design-wise but that typing is still a huge draw-point.

Silvally seems like an OU version of Arceus with Multi-Attack being an attack version of Judgement. Am guessing it was created to battle the Ultra Beasts now that we know they'll fight Tapu Koko in that one cutscene.

Also according to Serebii, Mega Kangaskhan has been nerfed, with Parental Bond now dealing 25% extra damage.

AreJay25

Not going to lie, as someone who didn't really like the Grimer line, or Alolan Grimer for that matter...

... I kinda like rainbow garbage Muk.

Cardboardtubeknight

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
4914-7294-5851
Why did Muk and Grimer get an alolan form again? You think after gamefreak saw how ugly they were, they would reconsider and trash it after Grimer
I mean it has been 20 years or so since the first generation, so they're just trying to not immortalize Grimer and Muk as the gross ones. Or it could be drugs, more than likely its drugs. I know I am, are you?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Capoeira mon confirmed

We do have Hitmontop, who based off of his Gen VI sprite is literally Eddie Gordo the pokemon...

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
And I have a feeling you're gonna end up sorely disappointed if you're expecting over 100 new Pokémon, but I digress.
okay here my new reaffirmed reason why they arnt going to only have 80 and ya know i feel its a good one

as it stands we have 53 pokemon revealed before release that means for there to only be 80 pokemon
they would have to only have 27 more pokemon left do you really think they are going to reveal nearly 2 this of this generations new pokemon before release? especially when you consider sun and moon are nearly double the size of X/Y?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
New Trailer thoughts

I definitely didn't expect Sivally to be revealed today, I thought they'd save that for later like they did with Lycanroc and Wishiwashi (particularly with the livestream). With that said, I'm glad they did because it looks great in motion and I like the nod it gives to Arceus with its ability name. Also, the site says that it was created to "oppose a threat", considering none of the legendaries would be considered threats, they're likely referencing to the Ultra Beasts here. That's a pretty neat addition to its lore, and it may actually hint at something more for Gladion since it seems to be his signature.

Speaking of Pokémon with great models, Jangmo-o's evolutions look a lot better in motion. I like the motif they used for its design and I think it pops out better in the model then the artwork was able to portray. I also like its lore of being a warrior that goes through a coming-of-age stage as its first evolutijon and then comes back to watch over the young trainees in the final. It definitely has a place on my team, even though it overlaps with Passimian on my team.

Bounsweet's evolutions are just OK to me, nothing about them I really dislike and there are even a few traits about them I like, but I can't say I care for the direction they went in. With that said, the ability of its final is kind of enticing (even if it's a reskin of Dazzling) and its signature move is also pretty neat.

Cutiefly's evolution is... cute, I can't say much more then that.

Alolan Grimer still doesn't appeal to me, Alolan Muk looks better though.

Arcanir Arcanir I found what you were looking for. The stuff with Lunala possibly being 820 comes from here:
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3773780366?pn=15

From what was posted on the Pokecommunity:

"The post number can be found above the comments of each post.

It contains a lot of content showing the type proportions and reveal percentages of each generation, as well as this particular part: the size of the resized image in that post is 580x240, 580+240=820. This could mean that 820 is Lunala's actual dex number, so we may have our 100+ new Pokémon after all."
Thanks, so this image right here, correct?

I'll have to ask a friend to look at that post again.

Last edited:

AreJay25

So just to add onto the whole Silvally = Arceus thing.

In Spanish, Silvally's ability is called "Alpha System".

Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon.

I don't know how this is going to end, but these two are clearly related.

Burruni

Smash Hero
My thoughts in a nutshell.

Bounsweeet's 2nd stage is a cute. 3rd stage is really meh.
Ribombee needs hugs.
And...

What Gamefreak Made vs What I saw

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
okay here my new reaffirmed reason why they arnt going to only have 80 and ya know i feel its a good one

as it stands we have 53 pokemon revealed before release that means for there to only be 80 pokemon
they would have to only have 27 more pokemon left do you really think they are going to reveal nearly 2 this of this generations new pokemon before release? especially when you consider sun and moon are nearly double the size of X/Y?
IIRC, most of the file size isn't the Pokémon themselves, so file size is irrelevant.

And honestly? I'm expecting all barring a few legendaries to be revealed pre-release. I can see them taking the ORAS approach and revealing literally everything pre-release, especially since this is coming off the tail of XY, who had the entire Dex leaked anyway. My theory is they're finally wise to this happening, and as such want to reveal as much as possible prior so there's still that surprise during their reveal trailers.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
IIRC, most of the file size isn't the Pokémon themselves, so file size is irrelevant.

And honestly? I'm expecting all barring a few legendaries to be revealed pre-release. I can see them taking the ORAS approach and revealing literally everything pre-release, especially since this is coming off the tail of XY, who had the entire Dex leaked anyway. My theory is they're finally wise to this happening, and as such want to reveal as much as possible prior so there's still that surprise during their reveal trailers.
the only reason they did what they did for oras was because it was a remake(never mind the fact everything got datamined)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
the only reason they did what they did for oras was because it was a remake(never mind the fact everything got datamined)
Still doesn't change the fact that this is coming off of XY where despite them keeping things under wraps, the entire game got leaked early anyway. I can see them wanting to beat the leakers to the punch with most things now.

The 80 character leaker got way too much right about Silvally way too earlier for me to call it a coincidence.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
On the note of new Pokémon revealed, as of now Gen 7 has officially dethroned Gen 5 for the most Pokémon revealed before release, even if just barely (53 vs. 52). Considering we still have a little over a month, which includes a livestream, Corocoro, and maybe one more trailer, that number is going to climb even higher.

Even in the best case scenario, I doubt we're getting too much more then 100 new Pokémon and that 80 Pokémon rumor is still live, so we're likely getting a large proportion of the new guys regardless of where the final number will be.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
On the note of new Pokémon revealed, as of now Gen 7 has officially dethroned Gen 5 for the most Pokémon revealed before release, even if just barely (53 vs. 52). Considering we still have a little over a month, which includes a livestream, Corocoro, and maybe one more trailer, that number is going to climb even higher.

Even in the best case scenario, I doubt we're getting too much more then 100 new Pokémon and that 80 Pokémon rumor is still live, so we're likely getting a large proportion of the new guys regardless of where the final number will be.
Especially impressive when you consider that Gen 5 is the biggest generation overall. I wonder if there's many more Pokemon to come or it it's just a symptom of the hype culture of games that they need to constantly keep our focus with new mons.

Anyway, there's already art of the new pokemon. I'll leave the links below

http://nid15.deviantart.com/art/Steenee-pokemon-Sun-Moon-640038578
http://all0412.deviantart.com/art/Tsareena-640039703
http://demjon.deviantart.com/art/Silvally-640038577

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Still doesn't change the fact that this is coming off of XY where despite them keeping things under wraps, the entire game got leaked early anyway. I can see them wanting to beat the leakers to the punch with most things now.

The 80 character leaker got way too much right about Silvally way too earlier for me to call it a coincidence.
oh wow someone guessed the thing people said looked like an arceus clone would be more like arceus when its mask came off (never mind they got the abillity wrong) like the only thing the got close to right was saying its name started with "silv" and even then blahblahblah alchemy theory

im going to stick with believing were getting over 90 pokemon because that makes sense

D

Deleted member

and you know who wasnt? alolan raticate
And your point being?
Also according to Serebii, Mega Kangaskhan has been nerfed, with Parental Bond now dealing 25% extra damage.
Proof Arceus exists
We do have Hitmontop, who based off of his Gen VI sprite is literally Eddie Gordo the pokemon...
Fine, we have two now
You know what they say "the more the merrier"
So then we have a Rock Kahuna, and a Fighting Kahuna. I wonder what the other types will be.
Who would be the Fighting Kahuna? Besides Olivia, we only know about Hala who is either a Fairy or Electric type specialost because of Tapu Koko
I'm betting on Fairy as we already have an Electric Trial
Also, where was it confirmed Olivia SPECIALIZES in Rock types?
My thoughts in a nutshell.

Bounsweeet's 2nd stage is a cute. 3rd stage is really meh.
Ribombee needs hugs.
And...

What Gamefreak Made vs What I saw
As if the Whammu parallels weren't clear enough already
Quick, we have to find Kars and ACDC

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
This post is officially trash.
Grimer 2.png

idkwhyitriedtomakethis

In hindsight, given the crystals in it's body it feels like a missed opportunity for a Poison/Steel or Poison/Rock.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Whoever created Steenee deserves a raise. Bounsweet is going on my Moon team now. Im loving Silvalley and its RKS System. I might use it.

RIBOMBEE BOIS. I love it, but its Bug/Fairy combo grants it tons of weaknesses: Fire, Rock, Steel, Poison, Flying. Itll be great against Fighting and Dark type Pokemon though, Ill consider it for my Sun team.

Muk is literally trash.

Oh god, Ilima's gender is extremely questionable...

The music at the beginning of the trailer is fantastic

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
oh wow someone guessed the thing people said looked like an arceus clone would be more like arceus when its mask came off (never mind they got the abillity wrong) like the only thing the got close to right was saying its name started with "silv" and even then blahblahblah alchemy theory

im going to stick with believing were getting over 90 pokemon because that makes sense
Its ability is essentially Multitype in all but name. That's close enough in my eyes. "Silv" wasn't an easy guess at all, as the alchemy theory isn't nearly as prominent as some make it out to be. The leaker got the name, design, and ability right way before anything came to light. And considering there were very prominent "Team Ultra Beast, Team Arceus, or Team MissingNo." groups among the theorists, I'm also not throwing it out as an Arceus based guess.

I'm just saying, don't be disappointed when we only get 80. It's better to temper your expectations now than be disappointed later. There's a lot more mental gymnastics involved with trying to debunk it than prove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom