• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
R.I.P. Type: Null being a reference to

Today's Pokémon news is pretty gud. I was kinda expecting Bounsweet to have a Fire type evolution but whatevs.

And I'm not surprised that Mega Kangaskhan got nerfed considering how super broken it was last gen.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't care if Ribombee's moveset and stats end up being terrible, I'm putting one on my team.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
But Pachirisu is supposed to have a type advantage on Talonflame :/
That damn Gale Wings ability man!
New Trailer thoughts

I definitely didn't expect Sivally to be revealed today, I thought they'd save that for later like they did with Lycanroc and Wishiwashi (particularly with the livestream). With that said, I'm glad they did because it looks great in motion and I like the nod it gives to Arceus with its ability name. Also, the site says that it was created to "oppose a threat", considering none of the legendaries would be considered threats, they're likely referencing to the Ultra Beasts here. That's a pretty neat addition to its lore, and it may actually hint at something more for Gladion since it seems to be his signature.

Speaking of Pokémon with great models, Jangmo-o's evolutions look a lot better in motion. I like the motif they used for its design and I think it pops out better in the model then the artwork was able to portray. I also like its lore of being a warrior that goes through a coming-of-age stage as its first evolutijon and then comes back to watch over the young trainees in the final. It definitely has a place on my team, even though it overlaps with Passimian on my team.

Bounsweet's evolutions are just OK to me, nothing about them I really dislike and there are even a few traits about them I like, but I can't say I care for the direction they went in. With that said, the ability of its final is kind of enticing (even if it's a reskin of Dazzling) and its signature move is also pretty neat.

Cutiefly's evolution is... cute, I can't say much more then that.

Alolan Grimer still doesn't appeal to me, Alolan Muk looks better though.

Thanks, so this image right here, correct?

I'll have to ask a friend to look at that post again.
I'm not entirely sure, but I believe that may be it. If the file size is the 520 by whatever and equals 820 then that should be it. I know that in it he comments on lunala saying he didn't take the riddle down.
So just to add onto the whole Silvally = Arceus thing.

In Spanish, Silvally's ability is called "Alpha System".

Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon.

I don't know how this is going to end, but these two are clearly related.
The English name for his ability is RKS system, it's definitely got to be an arceus clone.
And your point being?

Proof Arceus exists

Fine, we have two now
You know what they say "the more the merrier"

Who would be the Fighting Kahuna? Besides Olivia, we only know about Hala who is either a Fairy or Electric type specialost because of Tapu Koko
I'm betting on Fairy as we already have an Electric Trial
Also, where was it confirmed Olivia SPECIALIZES in Rock types?

As if the Whammu parallels weren't clear enough already
Quick, we have to find Kars and ACDC
Hala doesn't use Tapu Koko. (Or it doesn't seem that way). He is shown fighting the player in one of the trailers with Crabrawler. He's fighting type then. From the looks of it, Tapu Koko saves him for UB-02, and that's where the scene with him and it come from.

And she's definitely rock type. In the Japanese trailer she has Lycanroc, and in the English she's got nosepass. She's shown with 3 pokemon, so that's 2 out 3 right there. If 2 are rock types, then the 3rd probably is to.

And I can't believe that Lilma is a guy.... That is very weird....

Chrono.

I think the 80 Pokemon rumor is a bit 50/50 (probably more in favor of it being real).

Keep in mind that these are two different users, but I still think Silvally's description was too right for it to be a coincidence.

Also this other leak is still possibly right.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Its ability is essentially Multitype in all but name. That's close enough in my eyes. "Silv" wasn't an easy guess at all, as the alchemy theory isn't nearly as prominent as some make it out to be. The leaker got the name, design, and ability right way before anything came to light. And considering there were very prominent "Team Ultra Beast, Team Arceus, or Team MissingNo." groups among the theorists, I'm also not throwing it out as an Arceus based guess.

I'm just saying, don't be disappointed when we only get 80. It's better to temper your expectations now than be disappointed later. There's a lot more mental gymnastics involved with trying to debunk it than prove it.
i dont think it takes mental gymnastics when you cant go one speculation video with out hearing about how type null looks like arceus

the name again alchemy theory which was prominent enough to be something people wont shut up about
the design...its typenull with out its mask while its not the form change everyoe thouht it would be it wasnt hard to see this comming when they focused on the mask
they ability "it looks like arceus and its power is being inhibited by the mask"

im not saying anyone could make this up and be but you dont have to be a rocket scientist to come to these conclusions

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think the 80 Pokemon rumor is a bit 50/50 (probably more in favor of it being real).

Keep in mind that these are two different users, but I still think Silvally's description was too right for it to be a coincidence.

Also this other leak is still possibly right.

The second might not be. It only has Ash Ninja right, which is a decent demo reward guess.

It also doesn't mention grimer as it says remaining, implying those are the last ones.

The type null one is possible, but I still don't believe, but it has a fair shot at being real. Joe Merrick posted something pretty interesting though that we should consider:

Chrono.

The second might not be. It only has Ash Ninja right, which is a decent demo reward guess.

It also doesn't mention grimer as it says remaining, implying those are the last ones.
It says there's 25 Alolan Forms, then says remaining forms INCLUDE those lines, implying there's more than those 4 evolutionary lines.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It says there's 25 Alolan Forms, then says remaining forms INCLUDE those lines, implying there's more than those 4 evolutionary lines.
Oh the remaining threw me off. If this is real that leaves us knowing 16 because of the leak, with for unknown ones. Odd number but could work.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So then we have a Rock Kahuna, and a Fighting Kahuna. I wonder what the other types will be.
I was going to make a post about how Hala is a Fighting-type Kahuna because he has a Crabrawler on his team, so I'm glad I'm not the only that deduced that. I also think today's news also confirms there won't be a Trial Captain for every type.

Personally, I'd like to see a Flying-type Kahuna. The Kahuna are pretty the Elite Four of this game, and considering we are yet to have Flying-type E4 member, I think a Flying-type Kahuna would be pretty nice. I don't know what the other type could be though.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

The type null one is possible, but I still don't believe, but it has a fair shot at being real. Joe Merrick posted something pretty interesting though that we should consider:
Speaking of Pokemon revealed before the Gen, it reminds me of the offical Prima Strategy Guide for Gold and Silver, they STILL had the names of then new Pokemon spoilered. It was kind of absurd.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
i dont think it takes mental gymnastics when you cant go one speculation video with out hearing about how type null looks like arceus

the name again alchemy theory which was prominent enough to be something people wont shut up about
the design...its typenull with out its mask while its not the form change everyoe thouht it would be it wasnt hard to see this comming when they focused on the mask
they ability "it looks like arceus and its power is being inhibited by the mask"

im not saying anyone could make this up and be but you dont have to be a rocket scientist to come to these conclusions
I don't think including Silv is automatically the alchemy theory, especially since the Silv in Silvally is likely referencing the Silicon Valley due to its technological theme. Silv =/= Silver, Silver =/= alchemy automatically.

The name pushes it over the edge, as connecting Silv to Silver to Alchemy is too much of a stretch when generally the alchemy theory was exclusive to box legends and the starters prior to this. There was no reason to connect Type: Null to alchemy.

And then, as mentioned above, there's another leak corroborating the ~80 non-UBs that has only gotten things right so far, so taking all that into consideration, I see no reason to believe we'll get more than 80 non-UB Pokémon.

D

Deleted member

That damn Gale Wings ability man!

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe that may be it. If the file size is the 520 by whatever and equals 820 then that should be it. I know that in it he comments on lunala saying he didn't take the riddle down.

The English name for his ability is RKS system, it's definitely got to be an arceus clone.

Hala doesn't use Tapu Koko. (Or it doesn't seem that way). He is shown fighting the player in one of the trailers with Crabrawler. He's fighting type then. From the looks of it, Tapu Koko saves him for UB-02, and that's where the scene with him and it come from.

And she's definitely rock type. In the Japanese trailer she has Lycanroc, and in the English she's got nosepass. She's shown with 3 pokemon, so that's 2 out 3 right there. If 2 are rock types, then the 3rd probably is to.

And I can't believe that Lilma is a guy.... That is very weird....
I'm pretty sure Tapu Koko was shown fighting with Hala in the background when it was revealed, though that may be me confusing things up
I'm gonna check real quick

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

Jesus.

People are STILL arguing that Z-Forms are happening. Just how much more evidence do these people need.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm pretty sure Tapu Koko was shown fighting with Hala in the background when it was revealed, though that may be me confusing things up
I'm gonna check real quick

Here time stamped it. At the very least, Hala doesn't have Tapu Koko all the time if he does.
I was going to make a post about how Hala is a Fighting-type Kahuna because he has a Crabrawler on his team, so I'm glad I'm not the only that deduced that. I also think today's news also confirms there won't be a Trial Captain for every type.

Personally, I'd like to see a Flying-type Kahuna. The Kahuna are pretty the Elite Four of this game, and considering we are yet to have Flying-type E4 member, I think a Flying-type Kahuna would be pretty nice. I don't know what the other type could be though.
Ice could fit really well if they did a flying type Kahuna as well.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
I don't think including Silv is automatically the alchemy theory, especially since the Silv in Silvally is likely referencing the Silicon Valley due to its technological theme. Silv =/= Silver, Silver =/= alchemy automatically.

The name pushes it over the edge, as connecting Silv to Silver to Alchemy is too much of a stretch when generally the alchemy theory was exclusive to box legends and the starters prior to this. There was no reason to connect Type: Null to alchemy.

And then, as mentioned above, there's another leak corroborating the ~80 non-UBs that has only gotten things right so far, so taking all that into consideration, I see no reason to believe we'll get more than 80 non-UB Pokémon.
"there was no reason to connect type null to alchemy".....you do remember what a chimera is right?....like you didnt just forget what a chimera is did you

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
"there was no reason to connect type null to alchemy".....you do remember what a chimera is right?....like you didnt just forget what a chimera is did you
Condescension only works when your point is valid.

There was nothing design wise that outright pointed to alchemy, unlike the starters, Solgaleo, Lunala, and Magearna. Yes, chimera are mashed up creatures. Yes, alchemy involves mixing things. But it involves mixing inorganic material, not organic. Alchemy and chimeric engineering are two very different thing. So no, there was no reason to connect them.

And I see you didn't respond to anything else I said...

D

Deleted member

Here time stamped it. At the very least, Hala doesn't have Tapu Koko all the time if he does.

Ice could fit really well if they did a flying type Kahuna as well.
That was not the one I was talking about
Anyways, I tried checking but didn't find it, could swear I remember seeing Tapu Koko's ability activating on the same platform where you fight Hau and Hala

There was nothing design wise that outright pointed to alchemy, unlike the starters, Solgaleo, Lunala, and Magearna. Yes, chimera are mashed up creatures. Yes, alchemy involves mixing things. But it involves mixing inorganic material, not organic. Alchemy and chimeric engineering are two very different thing. So no, there was no reason to connect them.

Chimeras are a big part of alchemy(well, at least in fiction afaik) and Type: Null is clearly one with its mixed body parts
And I guess it does make sense to connect it to silver as it was always seen as the "pure element" in alchemy. So Silvally would make sense to be this "pure element"
And no, Tyoe: Null has much more alchemy inspiration than a marking that people misinterpreted in Litten

Also, I watched the Japanese trailer and before showing off Silvally's ability, it shows some items, probably the ones used to change its typing
Can anyone translate what are their names?

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

in popular culture chimeras have been made in alchemy(for instace see full metal alchemist) never mind the fact its called the synthetic pokemon so yes it was super overt with the fact it was a chimera

and i didnt respond to anything else because your entire argument was that alchemy was exclusive to box legendaries and type null was "made to rival the powers of pokemon spoken in legends"

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm just waiting for the new Pokemon Generations episode to drop...
Just got done watching it!

The Vision? We're Marvel now, boys. :p

So it was basically a Courtney episode, which was pretty neat. They definitely captured her not-all-there-something-isn't-right-stalker-cultist personality well, even if the episode ends on a pretty awkward spot. Maybe the Magma storyline will continue in another episode?

Maxie and Tabitha were great. Once again, very true to their OR selves. Maxie's voice is smooth as ****.

Wish we got to see Camerupt vs Sceptile though, so that was a tease...

...but that Primal Groudon vision was awesome and made up for it.

All in all not the strongest episode, since it ended too soon I feel, but definitely not as bad as Episode 3, which was WAAAAY too rushed/cramped. At least here there's room to continue in another episode.

I give it a "Cozy as hell Team Magma uniforms I was promoting a few weeks ago"/10

D

Deleted member

In order:
Fire Memory
Water Memory
Electric Memory
Grass Memory
Ice Memory
Fight Memory
Poison Memory

And I think that's Ground Memory at the bottom.
Yup, so it is its own set of items
*looks at Plates, type boosting items and Incenses*
That's gonna fill up some space for sure
Good to see Z-Crystals are getting its own page(and maybe Mega Stones are with them too) because it was a pain in the ass to scroll down to find the stones in Gen 6
Dunno what the heart is supposed to be though

Also, if the items are called "[type] Memory"... does that mean they are the memories of the Pokemon used to create Silvally?
Fixed.

Yes, it's already coming faster than the speed of sound.
*thinks of Entermaid*
Poor guy is gonna have a bad time when he's officially revealed...
...If he hasn't fall victim of it already, that is

D

Deleted member

It dropped one minute before you posted that. :p
Yeah I've already seen it :p
Thoughts:
Courtney is creepy as hell
I'm not too familliar with her character as I've played Alpha Sapphire and not Omega Ruby, so that's new
Tabitha's voice was really annoying
I can't really go into detail but I will say that I'm a little bit disappointed

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So for my pre-SuMo predictions I appear to be half right in that we got a fighting type based on the Somoans, although I proposed that it'd be Water/Fighting based on sharks rather than Dragon/Fighting based on Komodo Dragons...

Assuming the Dolphin is true that'll be only 3 predictions correct...out of 24...and the dragon type Eeveelution seems a no go however...:c

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm just waiting for the new Pokemon Generations episode to drop...
I forgot about that! Going to check it out now.
That was not the one I was talking about
Anyways, I tried checking but didn't find it, could swear I remember seeing Tapu Koko's ability activating on the same platform where you fight Hau and Hala

Chimeras are a big part of alchemy(well, at least in fiction afaik) and Type: Null is clearly one with its mixed body parts
And I guess it does make sense to connect it to silver as it was always seen as the "pure element" in alchemy. So Silvally would make sense to be this "pure element"
And no, Tyoe: Null has much more alchemy inspiration than a marking that people misinterpreted in Litten

Also, I watched the Japanese trailer and before showing off Silvally's ability, it shows some items, probably the ones used to change its typing
Can anyone translate what are their names?
"
This one?

It's the only time we see Tapu Koko in battle If I am correct.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
*thinks of Entermaid*
Poor guy is gonna have a bad time when he's officially revealed...
...If he hasn't fall victim of it already, that is
Waaaaay ahead of you, seen some the first time not too long ago.

But more will definitely happen one it's officially revealed.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
and before anyone says full metal alchemist was the only time chimeras were made via alchemy allow me to recomend the manga buso renkin, its a decent read and depending on if you count the bonus volume will change the the ending
(from bleak to happy)

(theres probobly more i just want to nip the anime/manga fans in the bud so to speak)

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Why I love the Austrian School of Economics is they're exceedingly humble and civil. That is, their particular members have a tremendous amount of grace and respect towards one another and outsiders in disagreements (unlike Keynesians). It allows them to continually reinvigorate themselves by reviewing what they believe and openly being able to dispute it. I think the focus of the Austrian Cycle of the Business Theory will be shifting away from the federal reserve / banking creating perverse incentives being the main source of the business cycle, and instead that booms and busts naturally follow with what the market demands (a good thing) and the proper correcting flow of capital from the bust is hindered by subsidy, taxation, and general government muckery and currency manipulation and collusion. Credit is reputation backed by real collateral (not money, but goods), and if a bank goes to the federal reserve everyone knows they're bankrupt. There are other, more important institutions of resource allocation than banks anyways, like investment funds and other finance groups.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Yup, so it is its own set of items
*looks at Plates, type boosting items and Incenses*
That's gonna fill up some space for sure
Good to see Z-Crystals are getting its own page(and maybe Mega Stones are with them too) because it was a pain in the *** to scroll down to find the stones in Gen 6
Dunno what the heart is supposed to be though

Also, if the items are called "[type] Memory"... does that mean they are the memories of the Pokemon used to create Silvally?
I think it's more about Memory Sticks/Cards/Drives.

As in data.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
They went from making Courtney sound like a creepy robot to a creepy psychopath.

Not gonna lie, I kind of like it.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

When you are surrounded by three obnoxious four legged cretins and no other human around, this is my mornings in a nutshell.

D

Deleted member

Really liked the new Generations episode, all the Magma mebers soubded and acted just like in OR
Tabitha sounded more smug than I ever imagined though
And that convinces me they are trying to avoid showing the protagonists as much as possible
I forgot about that! Going to check it out now.
"
This one?

It's the only time we see Tapu Koko in battle If I am correct.
Nah, I tried looking on that one but I guess I'm just remembering things wrong
Waaaaay ahead of you, seen some the first time not too long ago.

But more will definitely happen one it's officially revealed.
RIP
Here lies Entermaid's innocence
and before anyone says full metal alchemist was the only time chimeras were made via alchemy allow me to recomend the manga buso renkin, its a decent read and depending on if you count the bonus volume will change the the ending
(from bleak to happy)

(theres probobly more i just want to nip the anime/manga fans in the bud so to speak)
Or Etrian Odyssey II
*cough*play it nerds*cough cough*
I think it's more about Memory Sticks/Cards/Drives.

As in data.
Maybe, but that data would need to have come from somewhere...
I know but I like my theory better, so don't ruin it! :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Really liked the new Generations episode, all the Magma mebers soubded and acted just like in OR
Tabitha sounded more smug than I ever imagined though
And that convinces me they are trying to avoid showing the protagonists as much as possible

Nah, I tried looking on that one but I guess I'm just remembering things wrong

RIP
Here lies Entermaid's innocence

Or Etrian Odyssey II
*cough*play it nerds*cough cough*

Maybe, but that data would need to have come from somewhere...
I know but I like my theory better, so don't ruin it! :p
Oh man, I loved Tabitha in this. He sounded exactly like I pictured him sounding. :p The thing with him is he's actually a much more complex character than on surface level, but you need to snoop through the entirety of Magma Hideout to find out. :laugh:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
It took me a while to realize that Alolan Muk is based on oil slick.

D

Deleted member

I had no idea pokemon trainers sped through the team base like sonic the hedgehog, would they do this in gyms and other places with lots of trainers too? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom