• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Stop nitpicking to make Color Splash seem like the worst thing ever. If you don't like it, bring up actual points.

Not this made up crap. Seriously....
This is about the reaction I have to. . .darn near everything, it feels like. I'm not a Mario fan but following Sonic, Pokemon, this fandom, post-2014 "anime" Nintendo series. . .Even if I don't follow Mario I still feel a connection to the situation because it's the same song and dance everywhere. And it was the same with Federation Force, and it'll probably be the same with the next several games people rip into as they're revealed.

To add to the etiquette tips, bring up the points every time you complain instead of just the first time, don't get worked up and use phrases like "suck" "trash" "awful" that insult other peoples' tastes for liking a game, and don't bring up the same complaint three thousand other people already have because at that point you're just beating a dead horse.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I think it does, but I'm not big on Metroid. I feel like people said it was.

Aetheri Aetheri might know, or any other big metroid fan here.

the pikipek evolution though, lmao.

They would be cool if drawn right though.

Well he has to tie into the space theme somehow.
I actually did mention it earlier but I think X is in reference to Ridley X from Metroid Fusion, which was a mutated Ridley infected with the X Parasite...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's not that you didn't get the reference.

It's that you assumed that it was a meme and chastised Color Splash for it.

You jumped the gun and embarrassed yourself in an effort to **** on something.
Hey hey hey, it's me you should be talking to and not her. She was merely reacting and I was the one who started it. I mean, she never really criticised Color Splash in a long time while I do since I'm the one who hated my experience with Sticker Star the most.

Anyways, the whole point was that Nintendo of America's track record with localization have been spotty lately and it's far from a Colro Splash issue (the bone zone confusion aside). Whether it be Doge's unwanted reference in Triforce Heroes or Saizo/Beruka's A confession being complete silence for some unexplained reason for a laugh, you just can't help but to wonder are they taking there creativity with the script a bit too far at times. Before this devolves into a whole debate about good or bad localization, I can't help but to see if this is a recent trend. A good example is Prison School's dub having a "gamer gate feminist" line that was never in the Japanese original (which FUNimation got serious backlash for because of how out of place it is). There's a time where you can be funny with a script and not try something too outlandish.

Yeah, you've got a point about the fam and bone zone thing. That's what little exposure or research on both subjects get you. But what I'm saying is that not all localization is really perfect, which many should know by now. Not really saying that Nintendo of America's writing is terrible (I can admit some online cutscenes from Color Splash made me laugh), but it's the execution of the script that should be done with some professional cleverness instead "memes", "flanderization", and "obscure pop culture jokes".

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
We have another new trailer for the upcoming Sun and Moon anime. This one is much longer than the past two, and it mainly shows us the characters this time rather than the Pokemon.

Is it just me, or does Kiawe sound like Shiro from Fate/Stay Night and Sasuke from Naruto? I've also been hearing Kiawe sounds a lot like Genos, and I can hear that too. Either way, Kiawe has a cool voice!

I also watched the newest episode of XY&Z just now. It was a fun episode. I won't post my review until tomorrow though, but I will leave this here.

Not major spoilers, but one particular scene was a throwback to something old school.

Yep, Shauna = Misty/Max and Tierno = Brock.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
It's not that you didn't get the reference.

It's that you assumed that it was a meme and chastised Color Splash for it.

You jumped the gun and embarrassed yourself in an effort to **** on something.
Hold on a second mate, where did I assume that it was a meme in the first place (you are seriously talking to the wrong person here)?

It thought it was an Undertale reference and only found it shocking because of the stigma Mario fans do have against the fanbase as it is. It's not about criticizing Color Splash, just finding sheer irony in what could have been a reference that would lead to more flamewars in the comment section (Trust me, don't look at the Francis Battle comment section since it's National "**** Off Undertale Trash Day" over there just because of the Alphys comparisons). It's funny to see more Undertale shoved down their throats just so they can find more excuses to complain about the fandom like they always do.

Listen, I know that you are a good guy and you don't want some overhated games to get too much flak than they deserve. I can respect that dearly commission someone who puts up with the similar "Undertale trash" or "Weeboo Kagura" hate you see all over the Internet. In fact, I like that they went out of their way to fix some of the problems with Sticker Star to make it a genuinely better sequel. Not that I would go out there and play it, but I can see a lot of care was put into it like any other Paper Mario game.

Now this is starting to be a repeat of the ChikoLad situation all over again. But we can stop here before things escalate into something much worse. My apologies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
A good example is Prison School's dub having a "gamer gate feminist" line that was never in the Japanese original (which FUNimation got serious backlash for because of how out of place it is)
If Hetalia can get away with saying "You are dressed like a gay pride Float" "and" You look like you are breaking your own pro-hate law"
then that Prison School line should of went by with no problems

This makes me happy

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey hey hey, it's me you should be talking to and not her. She was merely reacting and I was the one who started it. I mean, she never really criticised Color Splash in a long time while I do since I'm the one who hated my experience with Sticker Star the most.

Anyways, the whole point was that Nintendo of America's track record with localization have been spotty lately and it's far from a Colro Splash issue (the bone zone confusion aside). Whether it be Doge's unwanted reference in Triforce Heroes or Saizo/Beruka's A confession being complete silence for some unexplained reason for a laugh, you just can't help but to wonder are they taking there creativity with the script a bit too far at times. Before this devolves into a whole debate about good or bad localization, I can't help but to see if this is a recent trend. A good example is Prison School's dub having a "gamer gate feminist" line that was never in the Japanese original (which FUNimation got serious backlash for because of how out of place it is). There's a time where you can be funny with a script and not try something too outlandish.

Yeah, you've got a point about the fam and bone zone thing. That's what little exposure or research on both subjects get you. But what I'm saying is that not all localization is really perfect, which many should know by now. Not really saying that Nintendo of America's writing is terrible (I can admit some online cutscenes from Color Splash made me laugh), but it's the execution of the script that should be done with some professional cleverness instead "memes", "flanderization", and "obscure pop culture jokes".
Hold on a second mate, where did I assume that it was a meme in the first place (you are seriously talking to the wrong person here)?

It thought it was an Undertale reference and only found it shocking because of the stigma Mario fans do have against the fanbase as it is. It's not about criticizing Color Splash, just finding sheer irony in what could have been a reference that would lead to more flamewars in the comment section (Trust me, don't look at the Francis Battle comment section since it's National "**** Off Undertale Trash Day" over there just because of the Alphys comparisons). It's funny to see more Undertale shoved down their throats just so they can find more excuses to complain about the fandom like they always do.

Listen, I know that you are a good guy and you don't want some overhated games to get too much flak than they deserve. I can respect that dearly commission someone who puts up with the similar "Undertale trash" or "Weeboo Kagura" hate you see all over the Internet. In fact, I like that they went out of their way to fix some of the problems with Sticker Star to make it a genuinely better sequel. Not that I would go out there and play it, but I can see a lot of care was put into it like any other Paper Mario game.

Now this is starting to be a repeat of the ChikoLad situation all over again. But we can stop here before things escalate into something much worse. My apologies.
Perhaps I went too far.

Sorry guys.

My point still stands but I take back the rudeness.

I should take a nap. It's been a long day...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ran into one of those "I know what the new Pokemon look like so I drew them in MS Paint".

Aka a bunch of crock. But these are hilariously bad.

Actually I quite like his ms paint skills, lol

I hope it's fake for that ugly snowman alone

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
We have another new trailer for the upcoming Sun and Moon anime. This one is much longer than the past two, and it mainly shows us the characters this time rather than the Pokemon.

Is it just me, or does Kiawe sound like Shiro from Fate/Stay Night and Sasuke from Naruto? I've also been hearing Kiawe sounds a lot like Genos, and I can hear that too. Either way, Kiawe has a cool voice!

I also watched the newest episode of XY&Z just now. It was a fun episode. I won't post my review until tomorrow though, but I will leave this here.

Not major spoilers, but one particular scene was a throwback to something old school.

The best part is that Serena isn't sent to die in Johto with literally every other introduced character to the anime.

She gets to hang in Hoenn instead. Be willing to bet she'll be brought back for an arc in Sun and Moon at one point. Her seeing Ash surrounded by girls would be pretty entertaining imo.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Late to the bandwagon...but...
Tiers.jpg

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699

Brock has spiritually returned?
YESSSSS I CAN START WATCHING AGAIN.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The best part is that Serena isn't sent to die in Johto with literally every other introduced character to the anime.

She gets to hang in Hoenn instead. Be willing to bet she'll be brought back for an arc in Sun and Moon at one point. Her seeing Ash surrounded by girls would be pretty entertaining imo.
It's another neat throwback how she's going to Hoenn to compete in Pokemon Contests, the predecessor to the Showcases. Palermo wants her to go there to improve her skills as a performer, then head back to Kalos to apply what she has learned. Long story short, it's a way for Serena to continue her dream of becoming a top Pokemon Preformer.

Imagine if Palermo sent Serena to Sinnoh for its Contests instead. I can already imagine fans saying "Sinnoh intensifies," thinking of how it could hint to potential D/P remakes.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
It's another neat throwback how she's going to Hoenn to compete in Pokemon Contests, the predecessor to the Showcases. Palermo wants her to go there to improve her skills as a performer, then head back to Kalos to apply what she has learned. Long story short, it's a way for Serena to continue her dream of becoming a top Pokemon Preformer.

Imagine if Palermo sent Serena to Sinnoh for its Contests instead. I can already imagine fans saying "Sinnoh intensifies," thinking of how it could hint to potential D/P remakes.
And skipping that one person we don't tal about, it comes full circle with may and dawn doing contests.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Whats with all the dang hate? Thats my job you ******** (jk love you all)
Nothing, just one big misunderstanding over misinterpreting a harmless line of dialogue Nintendo of America made. It all got wrapped up into just Color Splash defenses when it was only the writing that stood out too much and wanting to find something funny about Undertale hate.

Don't worry about ti too much, we all apologized secretly over this mess and we can all put it behind us. It's getting too late around here to begin with. See you tomorrow Carboardtubeknight.

Cardboardtubeknight

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
4914-7294-5851
Nothing, just one big misunderstanding over misinterpreting a harmless line of dialogue Nintendo of America made. It all got wrapped up into just Color Splash defenses when it was only the writing that stood out too much and wanting to find something funny about Undertale hate.

Don't worry about ti too much, we all apologized secretly over this mess and we can all put it behind us. It's getting too late around here to begin with. See you tomorrow Carboardtubeknight.
Peace lust and tranquilizers

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I gotta be honest, Jararanga looks pretty sweet in this stylized version of the official artwork I found on DeviantArt. It honestly wants to make me own it even more when it looks like this awesome samurai raptor gryphon-like warrior Pokemon:

Minor note, but I hope the shiny form of it makes those reddish-orange scales (and maybe its eyes) blue. I will love it even more then.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
More fake leaks to laugh at.

Well I COULD comment on the "please kill me" expression in the drawn art, but I think instead I'll point out that Drifloon makes this kind of redundant.

:drifloon:

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
More evolution speculation...

Cutiefly
While we already have confirmation of an evolution for Cutiefly it still hasn't been revealed yet, I can say that it's evolution does greatly resemble the Hummingbird Moth...I believe the Riddler alluded to Cutielfy getting a three stage line (while this may or may not be true since he was incorrect with Type: Null's evolution although it's also possible that it was intentional since he's cryptic as ****) either way...My train of thought is, that Bug types for the most part when they have three stages, the middle stage is usually some sort of cacoon or pupa of some sort...Which could suggest that Cutiefly's evolution is actually it's Stage 2, while the middle stage may be a pupa of some kind...Although this would make more sense to me if Cutiefly wasn't a fly that evolved into a moth but rather a caterpillar...Larva, Pupa, Adult is the general lifecycle of most insects, not Adult, Pupa, Adult...Pokemon has for the most part referenced this fairly well in three stage evolutions for bug types (not so much in two stage)
I'm leaning towards Cutiefly only having two stages in it's evolutionary line with the Hummingbird Moth being it's only evolution...but then again anything can happen :223::224:

Komala
I'm kinda getting a similar vibe to Slakoth for Komala...meaning it may evolve into something a bit more hyperactive and even possibly revert back into a sleepy state...but additionally Snorlax and Conkeldurr lines come to mind as well...Maybe Komala will evolve into a different kind of marsupial such as a Wombat or something or perhaps reference Australian aborigines, like if the log turns into a didgeridoo

Pikipek
It's fairly common for bird species to change between evolutions in Pokemon...Pidove beign a Pidgeon evolves into a Pheasant and Fletchling a Robin evolves into a Falcon, etc...However Pikipek is a pokemon who's characteristics as a Woodpecker can transfer well into larger stronger variations of other Woodpeckers...Woodpeckers themselves come in many different sizes and shapes...Pikipek seems more similar to the Pileated Woodpecker, going up from there it's evolution could reference the Ivory-billed Woodpecker or the Black Woodpecker, both of which are amoung the largest Woodpecker species, both also have simialr black bodies with red crests, although the Ivory billed retains the white colourations that Pikipek has...that said Pikipek's evolutions likely won't represent a specific species similar to Hoothoot and Noctowl...

Morellul
This one took a bit more digging as I'm not really a fungi expert...However Morellul appears to be based on the glow in the dark Mycena mushrooms which has dozens of different species it seems...really neat these things actually like something straight from an alien planet...

Morellull appears to have a gimmick centered around both illumination and spores (duh, since it's abilities are Illuminate and Effect Spore) but also as it's description suggests...There's quite a lot of potential and various different ways it can go, but I can see perhaps something akin to a mix of Vileplume and Weezing/Probopass in concept as it may turn into a larger Mushroom with smaller appendages that resemble other Morellul...
Perhaps the larger mushroom could resemble these Olearius?

I could also see it going through a three stage evolutionary family as well...It's second stage could be a two headed Morellul before becoming the larger shroom for it's final stage, like a mushroom version of the Magenzone line...

Passimian
Once again the Riddler suggests an evolution/prevolution for Passimian (as well as Oranguru)...For Passimian, if it would get another stage I feel like it would be a prevolution...Being a Lemur, which are mainly found in Madagascar I can see it's baby form being a literal Bush Baby, which are small primates that more resemble mice than monkeys and lemurs, it would seem the appropriate transition, especially if they give it a little berry to play with...perhaps as a means to train itself until it becomes a Passimian

Oranguru
Oranguru's appearance suggests a more mature individual, larger dominant males tend to have these large inflated fleshy cheeks which Oranguru's design seems to reference...It also has a more laidback and spiritual pose representing more of a Shaman, a guru, the village elder...I can see a possible prevolution of a more naive younger orangutan, possibly focused more on arboreal acrobatics (which Orangutan's are surprisingly really good at) or some form of martial arts...Perhaps an evolution of a Normal/Fighting into a Normal/Psychic?

However I do find it likely that neither one will get an evolution or prevolution...but Sun and Moon exclusive baby primates could be neat...

D

Deleted member

Hmmmm, no one's around, it's late at night.... And it's the month of the sp00ks, perhaps its time to watch some David Lynch projects and other bizzare stuff. :p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Does anyone watch IHE, "I HATE EVERYTHING"?

He called out Armored Skeptic on his last video

Of course, you'd also have to know who Armored skeptic is as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom