• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
For some reason the link isn't working so I posted a picture of my Smash Main tier list via my computer.

That's the entire point of codenames.

They relate to the character.
I don't think Ridley and Vatii's codenames related to them though.
Is Andy clumsy after AW 1? Because in 1 he is more just ignorant/oblivious than clumsy.

:061:
Well in AW2 I think he's somewhat more smarter than he was in AW1 minus him not knowing what Continents are lol. He's taken more seriously all in all and based on his AW2 portrait it looks like he's a bit older though I doubt that's actually canon.

As for clumsiness I kind of think of it as being oblivious as well in addition to messing things up though I guess technically it's not right.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I keep seeing this word everywhere and I still don't know what a fam is? More urban slang?

But please, show me this Undertale joke so I can cringe at NoA's attempt of relevance.
You've asked for it. Once you see that ****, you're in for a bad time.

Please Nintendo of America, stop it with the memes and attempts as being hip for the kids with these games. At least they didn't say more puns than that.

And fam, is another way of saying friend. I don't know where it came from either, it's probably the new yolo and swag.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Please Nintendo of America, stop it with the memes and attempts as being hip for the kids with these games. At least they didn't say more puns than that.

And fam, is another way of saying friend. I don't know where it came from either, it's probably the new yolo and swag.
I can't be the only person who correlates the bone zone to sex, right?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Thanks for the explanation. I'm not really that up to date with the swags and fams around the net. You know?

And yikes, this is worse than I thought. Even the Bone Goombas look like Sans.

But seriously, it could have been much much worse. Have Francis come back and talk about his love for Mew Mew Kissy or have a Dry Bones talk about his love of spaghetti. Or even have a Daysee call Mario an idiot before stealing his hearts in the middle of nowhere.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
For some reason the link isn't working so I posted a picture of my Smash Main tier list via my computer.

Well in AW2 I think he's somewhat more smarter than he was in AW1 minus him not knowing what Continents are lol. He's taken more seriously all in all and based on his AW2 portrait it looks like he's a bit older though I doubt that's actually canon.

As for clumsiness I kind of think of it as being oblivious as well in addition to messing things up though I guess technically it's not right.
I'm not positive on what Ridley's was, but I am pretty sure it related to him. Have no idea about Vatii though.

dream1ng

Smash Champion
I feel like you really have to be up the internet's ass to genuinely take issue with a game or a show using a meme in one instance of dialogue. It might be a little cringe, but a lot of that kind of writing is a little cringe, meme or not. It doesn't really matter and it's almost always super minor.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm not positive on what Ridley's was, but I am pretty sure it related to him. Have no idea about Vatii though.
Ridley's codename was X. IDK how that's related to him.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Last edited:

Chrono.

Ran into one of those "I know what the new Pokemon look like so I drew them in MS Paint".

Aka a bunch of crock. But these are hilariously bad.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

I'm pretty sure Codename X was a reference to Ridley X, which was Ridley infected with the X parasite...
Vaati seems a bit more obscure since I haven't played too many games he's appeared in...so I'm not sure how Odyssey relates specifically...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Swamp is right, Fam is simply slang for family. And "Bone Zone" is common in metal and rock since the 80s.(Bones in general are.)

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Honestly that conversation is like saying that real life took elements from Undertale.

The dialogue isn't cringey.

The assertion is cringey.

Like... actually look up words before you assume the worst.

Then again, it's not like you two aren't looking for reasons to **** on the game.

Stop nitpicking to make Color Splash seem like the worst thing ever. If you don't like it, bring up actual points.

Not this made up crap. Seriously....

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター

Uh... this is entirely unrelated to what is being discussed right now (and I apologize), but am I seriously looking at a unique enemy in Paper Mario: Color Splash? Yes, they're basically Goombas with skulls on their heads that first appeared in the NSMB series, but they remind me of Gloombas from Thousand Year Door so much when you eliminate the skull. I'd think they could be a more challenging version of your usual Goomba/Gloomba (like having to eliminate their skulls first before you can actually attack them) if Paper Mario went back to its old roots.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Uh... this is entirely unrelated to what is being discussed right now, but am I seriously looking at a unique enemy in Paper Mario: Color Splash? Yes, they're basically Goombas with skulls on their heads, but they remind me of Gloombas from Thousand Year Door so much when you eliminate the skull. I'd think they could be a more challenging version if Paper Mario went back to its old roots.
They're actually from the NSMB games.

Still, its neat that Color Splash is bringing more obscure enemies like these and the Rhino Dinos.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Uh... this is entirely unrelated to what is being discussed right now, but am I seriously looking at a unique enemy in Paper Mario: Color Splash? Yes, they're basically Goombas with skulls on their heads, but they remind me of Gloombas from Thousand Year Door so much when you eliminate the skull. I'd think they could be a more challenging version if Paper Mario went back to its old roots.
New Super Mario 3DS had goombas with skulls on their heads

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
They're actually from the NSMB games.

Still, its neat that Color Splash is bringing more obscure enemies like these and the Rhino Dinos.
That is correct; I do remember them from those series of games. And yes, I do praise Color Splash for at least bringing some enemies we haven't seen before in the Paper Mario series. May as well also mention that he visuals, music, writing, and Huey being better then Kersti hands down are also things that were well done in the game. Otherwise, the gameplay and (besides specific enemies like Bone Goombas, Sledge Bros, and Rhino Dino's), the lack of original enemies were problems for me.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Oooooooh so it means fam as in family, how could I not get that? Now I'm starting to feel like Tortilla Noggin 2.0 (And I'm not even that old). Not like I plan on using it myself since I got yelled at for misusing it once (trying to be relevant as that guy said on a Thousand Year Door video).

And I'm not too big on American rock, hence why the meaning of "bone zone" is kind of lost. Though I can't catch on to every single pop culture reference your average South Park reference throws at me.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oooooooh so it means fam as in family, how could I not get that? Now I'm starting to feel like Tortilla Noggin 2.0 (And I'm not even that old). Not like I plan on using it myself since I got yelled at for misusing it once (trying to be relevant as that guy said on a Thousand Year Door video).

And I'm not too big on American rock, hence why the meaning of "bone zone" is kind of lost. Though I can't catch on to every single pop culture reference your average South Park reference throws at me.
It's not that you didn't get the reference.

It's that you assumed that it was a meme and chastised Color Splash for it.

You jumped the gun and embarrassed yourself in an effort to **** on something.

D

Deleted member

omg, Alola Meowth looks so sad
Who hurt it?
It looks like its front leg is broken. :p
Eh, skeletons are usued a ton universally in rock and especially metal, not just the US.(Such as sweden, hence why that meme originated from a certain someone from there. :p)

Last edited by a moderator:

dream1ng

Smash Champion
You will never not convince me bone zone isn't what frat guys call their bedrooms.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
People are setting references and memes in video games as if they're some sort of crime or something and it's absolutely stupid. I mean, if it's something legitimately forced like the whole hipster bit in the localizied TMS then yeah it is cringey, but even if the Bone Zone thing was from Undertale, it would still be perfectly OK since it fits the "Dry Goombas" extremely well.

:094:

D

Deleted member

I didn't even know that "Bone Zone" was ever mentioned in undertale until now, to be honest. :p

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Ran into one of those "I know what the new Pokemon look like so I drew them in MS Paint".

did they say they knew all the new pokemon? or only some because it they said all then its super fake due to alolan seadra existing and no alolan kingdra

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ridley's codename was X. IDK how that's related to him.
I think it does, but I'm not big on Metroid. I feel like people said it was.

Aetheri Aetheri might know, or any other big metroid fan here.

the pikipek evolution though, lmao.

They would be cool if drawn right though.
Is Marshadow supposed to be some kind of ****ed up Cosmic Brownie?
Well he has to tie into the space theme somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom