• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
lol. What don't you like about hoenn?
I know this wasnt directed to me but... Hoenn has arguably the worst storyline of all the generations. It was a pain in the ass to navigate and Max Repel is almost essential for traveling half of the map without getting stopped by Tentacools every give seconds. ORAS did no justice to the storyline other then added two really broken legendary formes and capping it with Mega Rayquaza. ORAS also had several plot holes. I'd argue ORAS is worse then RS in terms of story.

Unova in my opinion had one of the best storylines. Black and White also gave players old and new a fresh start with only allowing the generation's Pokémon to be obtainable pre-N Final Battle. B2W2 was the first the the third game of a generation were actual sequals. Not to mention the nostalgia B2W2 had- being able to fight every ****ing gym leader and champion, including Red and Blue.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

At least Dory finally overcame her short term memory loss.

Inb4 "too soon" because of Finding Dory.
I'm still going to say too soon because so many people boycotted that film because of one scene. God forbid the children from being exposed to two possibly lesbian mothers. Those numbskulls missed out on another Pixar masterpiece that put me in tears.

And hi guys. I'm sort of feeling good. We finally know when the funeral will actually happen and teachers were informed ahead of time for this excuse to be absolute. It seems that I've worried plenty of people when my inbox was stuffed again.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Am watching the latest GameXplain analysis...

And I had a thought about Poke Pelago and how you can obtain wild pokemon...I wonder if there will be any rare pokemon you can only obtain using this method...could be interesting actually...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I know this wasnt directed to me but... Hoenn has arguably the worst storyline of all the generations. It was a pain in the *** to navigate and Max Repel is almost essential for traveling half of the map without getting stopped by Tentacools every give seconds. ORAS did no justice to the storyline other then added two really broken legendary formes and capping it with Mega Rayquaza. ORAS also had several plot holes. I'd argue ORAS is worse then RS in terms of story.

Unova in my opinion had one of the best storylines. Black and White also gave players old and new a fresh start with only allowing the generation's Pokémon to be obtainable pre-N Final Battle. B2W2 was the first the the third game of a generation were actual sequals. Not to mention the nostalgia B2W2 had- being able to fight every ****ing gym leader and champion, including Red and Blue.
Funny, of all the games, RS were the ones where I was stopped the least by random encounters while surfing. I guess Game Freak were forgiving with the encoutner rate since there was lots of water.

EDIT: Also what plot holes where there? I find it hard to care for stories in video games and Pokemon is something where I definitely pay little to no attention to story.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I know this wasnt directed to me but... Hoenn has arguably the worst storyline of all the generations. It was a pain in the *** to navigate and Max Repel is almost essential for traveling half of the map without getting stopped by Tentacools every give seconds. ORAS did no justice to the storyline other then added two really broken legendary formes and capping it with Mega Rayquaza. ORAS also had several plot holes. I'd argue ORAS is worse then RS in terms of story.

My Friend that passed kept telling me to get ORAS when it came out but damn, I just didnt want to touch the game

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I should mention though that I hate Unova because it destroyed Competitive Pokémon for me. I miss the competitive DP scene so much...

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I'm still going to say too soon because so many people boycotted that film because of one scene. God forbid the children from being exposed to two possibly lesbian mothers. Those numbskulls missed out on another Pixar masterpiece that put me in tears.

And hi guys. I'm sort of feeling good. We finally know when the funeral will actually happen and teachers were informed ahead of time for this excuse to be absolute. It seems that I've worried plenty of people when my inbox was stuffed again.
Firstly, I've got to say your sudden appearance made me crush a Sprite can. And now my whole bed is wet. Thanks alot. :glare:

Second of all, thank you so much for speaking the truth. I've always found the controversy silly at best and it's just conservatives being conservatives. It's not like your little girls are going to start kissing other girls because of one scene. Finding Dory is just as good as the original, NO one should miss out on it.

Third of all, of course everyone was worried you bloke. You are a fairly important member around and people know what it's like to lose someone who was always important in their lives. It's not like it wasn't going to be flooded by the occasion Morbid or smashkirby notifications for nothing. Glad to have you fired up and ready for some grrrrrrrrrreeeeeeaaaaaaat smashing. Now that's out of my system, I can finally stop being such cynical worried wreck for the past few days. Thank YHVH (Not literally).

Bananija

Count of Trickery

He's back again, and about time too.
And this time is in the mood
He can punch real hard with his fire belt on.
With his cereal out he was cool guy.

Huh!
ASW
Azure Star Warrior
ASW
It's too long to fit this DK rap parody.

..............................................................................................................................................................................................

Hey, glad to see you back and feeling better! Hoping it will mostly go upward from now on. :)

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
I just found out about the new Dirk Gently show coming soon. The calendar has gotten back into the rocket and is going to orbit mars now.
But that guy looks nothing like the Dirk Gently of the previous show, or the comics.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'll post the final list of all seasonal variants for the old Pokemon in my game, I guess.

Summer:
1. Koffing: Wind
2. Weezing: Wind/Fairy
3. Exeggutor: Grass/Dragon
4. Tauros: Normal/Fighting
5. Gyarados: Water/Dragon
6. Butterfree: Bug/Psychic
7. Fearow: Fighting/Flying
8. Blastoise: Water/Steel
9. Solosis: Water
10. Duosion: Water
11. Reuniclus: Water
12. Oricorio: Fire/Flying
13. Raichu: Electric/Fighting
14. Skarmory: Diamond/Flying
15. Slakoth: Wind
16. Vigaroth: Wind
17. Slaking: Wind/Fighting
18. Bastiodon: Diamond/Steel
19. Bisharp: Fighting/Steel
20. Haxorus: Dragon/Fighting
21. Wishiwashi: Water/Dark
22. Florges: Fairy/Grass
23. Accelgor: Bug/Wind
24. Tentacool: Water/Electric
25. Tentacruel: Water/Electric
26. Smoochum: Grass/Psychic
27. Jynx: Grass/Psychic
28. Phanpy: Water
29. Donphan: Water
30. Snorunt: Grass
31. Glalie: Grass/Diamond
32. Froslass: Grass/Ghost
33. Hippopotas: Water
34. Hippowdon: Water
35. Maractus: Ground/Water

Autumn:
1. Zubat: Dark/Flying
2. Golbat: Dark/Flying
3. Crobat: Dark/Flying
4. Ratatta: Normal/Dark
5. Raticate: Normal/Dark
6. Raichu: Electric/Aura
7. Golem: Rock/Diamond
8. Dusknoir: Ghost/Fighting
9. Venusaur: Grass/Aura
10. Oricorio: Electric/Flying
11. Beedrill: Bug/Fighting
12. Psyduck: Psychic
13. Golduck: Psychic
14. Steelix: Diamond/Ground
15. Aggron: Diamond/Rock
16. Spoink: Aura
17. Grumpig: Aura
18. Gothita: Fire
19. Gothorita: Fire
20. Gothitelle: Fire
21. Lapras: Water/Grass
22. Scolipede: Bug/Dark
23. Trapinch: Bug
24. Vibrava: Bug/Dragon
25. Flygon: Bug/Dragon
26. Finneon: Light
27. Lumineon: Light
28. Inkay: Fairy
29. Malamar: Fairy/Ghost
30. Clauncher: Ice
31. Clawitzer: Ice/Aura
32. Mankey: Electric/Fighting
33. Primeape: Electric/Fighting
34. Ponyta: Water
35. Rapidash: Water/Ghost

Winter:
1. Grimer: Ice
2. Muk: Ice
3. Sandshrew: Ice/Steel
4. Sandslash: Ice/Steel
5. Cubone: Fire
6. Marowak: Fire/Ghost
7. Vulpix: Ice
8. Ninetales: Ice/Fairy
9. Dragonite: Dragon/Light
10. Krabby: Steel
11. Kingler: Steel/Fighting
12. Forretress: Bug/Diamond
13. Charizard: Fire/Dragon
14. Oricorio: Ghost/Flying
15. Electrode: Electric/Dragon
16. Magcargo: Fire/Fairy
17. Tropius: Grass
18. Woobat: Light/Flying
19. Swoobat: Light/Flying
20. Chargabug: Bug/Light
21. Vikavolt: Bug/Light
22. Gardevoir: Aura/Fairy
23. Sharpedo: Water/Fire
24. Torkoal: Ground
25. Aerodactyl: Rock/Fighting
26. Cloyster: Water/Steel
27. Solrock: Fire/Alien
28. Lunatone: Ice/Alien
29. Spiritomb: Fire/Aura
30. Patrat: Fighting
31. Watchog: Fighting
32. Spritzee: Poison
33. Aromatisse: Poison
34. Swirlix: Light
35. Slurmpuff: Light

Spring:
1. Raichu: Electric/Psychic
2. Meowth: Dark
3. Persian: Dark/Fairy
4. Yanmega: Bug/Dragon
5. Machamp: Fighting/Light
6. Pidgeot: Normal/Wind
7. Yamask: Ghost/Steel
8. Confagurus: Ghost/Steel
9. Oricorio: Psychic/Flying
10. Venonat: Bug/Aura
11. Venomoth: Bug/Aura
12. Starmie: Water/Alien
13. Tyranitar: Diamond/Dark
14. Luxray: Electric/Dark
15. Buneary: Fighting
16. Lopunny: Fighting
17. Scraggy: Water/Fighting
18. Scrafty: Water/Fighting
19. Espurr: Aura
20. Meowstic: Aura
21. Parasect: Bug/Ghost
22. Snorlax: Normal/Fighting
23. Meditite: Fighting/Aura
24. Medicham: Fighting/Aura
25. Growlithe: Water
26. Arcanine: Water/Light
27. Glameow: Rock
28. Purugly: Rock
29. Gabite: Dragon/Fighting
30. Garchomp: Dragon/Fighting
31. Croagunk: Grass/Fighting
32. Toxicroak: Grass/Fighting
33. Sandile: Water
34. Krokorok: Water
35. Krookodile: Water/Fighting

:p

I'll try to give descriptions of any you want.
Curious about Venusaur, Fearow, Snorlax, and Crobat.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Hey Azure! Welcome back to SB. Hope everything's going well for you.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
My mom just sent me to the closet to dig up the exact same suit I've worn to my other grandmother's funeral. It's like the woman wants this day to be as depressing as the last.

Firstly, I've got to say your sudden appearance made me crush a Sprite can. And now my whole bed is wet. Thanks alot. :glare:

Second of all, thank you so much for speaking the truth. I've always found the controversy silly at best and it's just conservatives being conservatives. It's not like your little girls are going to start kissing other girls because of one scene. Finding Dory is just as good as the original, NO one should miss out on it.

Third of all, of course everyone was worried you bloke. You are a fairly important member around and people know what it's like to lose someone who was always important in their lives. It's not like it wasn't going to be flooded by the occasion Morbid or smashkirby notifications for nothing. Glad to have you fired up and ready for some grrrrrrrrrreeeeeeaaaaaaat smashing. Now that's out of my system, I can finally stop being such cynical worried wreck for the past few days. Thank YHVH (Not literally).

1. You'll get over it. Maybe that will give me an excuse to cover over a clean it. If you get my Tokyo Drift. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

2. You're welcome love (as you would prefer). Any form of religious or conservative controversy over LGBT themes in children media is eyeroll worthy IMO. It's just two women with an implied relationship. Not like it will brainwash your youth and there's nothing wrong with a little attraction.

3. Good point and a very good one indeed. I've made so many wonderful friends and acquaintances alike around here. These three years on Smashboards been a fantastic ride of speculation and darkness from the silly yet sarcastic @Zebei to the queen of ****posting @Kabuto Gwen. You guys a cast of characters that I would never miss out on being around. Easily makes up for not seeing my closer friends in years. Best not to joke about YHVH unless you want our multiverse to be obliterated by his Megidolaon.

He's back again, and about time too.
And this time is in the mood
He can punch real hard with his fire belt on.
With his cereal out he was cool guy.

Huh!
ASW
Azure Star Warrior
ASW
It's too long to fit this DK rap parody.

..............................................................................................................................................................................................

Hey, glad to see you back and feeling better! Hoping it will mostly go upward from now on. :)
Good show Shrekflamingo, good show.

Glad to be myself again as well. Going to keep on trucking if I want this semester to be over and pay my final thank you to that important grandparent in my life. :)

Hey Azure! Welcome back to SB. Hope everything's going well for you.
Hey SMX. Glad to be welcomed back in my favorite hang out.

Things are going to get better from here. But we just have to go through reservations and such so Monday can be over with. At least to have my final shed of tears until it's back to good old determination.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, it turns out that my GF has been diagnosed with schizophrenia, I don't know how severe it is yet, but hopefully it's managable....

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Im pretty invisible here
Sorry, so many people are just glad that a certain someone is finally back to his senses (for now) and less depressed. Things will probably die down within a few hours or when a new topic suddenly happens.

If it makes you feel better, the wallet pic you've posted is pretty relatable to my Amiibo situation. Yeah, I'm a compulsive buyer that got way more Amiibo than she can already handle.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well, it turns out that my GF has been diagnosed with schizophrenia, I don't know how severe it is yet, but hopefully it's managable....
Man, sorry to hear about that. I'm no expert on schizophrenia myself, but I hope it isn't all too severe for her.

What normally happens if it's too problematic, she would be needing medication or the psychiatrist?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Sorry, so many people are just glad that a certain someone is finally back to his senses (for now) and less depressed. Things will probably die down within a few hours or when a new topic suddenly happens.

If it makes you feel better, the wallet pic you've posted is pretty relatable to my Amiibo situation. Yeah, I'm a compulsive buyer that got way more Amiibo than she can already handle.
No it doesn't make me feel any better because even my gf is doing it to me

I'm invisible to everyone apparently

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Schizophrenia is one nasty mental illness. Unlike the other ones, the symptoms varies between patient. Make sure she continues to have a lot of good social interactions, it will help her a lot. This is coming from someone who did a lot of research on it last year for a work and that has a schizophreniac uncle who got way better when he moved from Montreal to my little hole of a village.

D

Deleted member

Man, sorry to hear about that. I'm no expert on schizophrenia myself, but I hope it isn't all too severe for her.

What normally happens if it's too problematic, she would be needing medication or the psychiatrist?
Both, she's been subcribed to medication by a doctor.

Schizophrenia is one nasty mental illness. Unlike the other ones, the symptoms varies between patient. Make sure she continues to have a lot of good social interactions, it will help her a lot. This is coming from someone who did a lot of research on it last year for a work and that has a schizophreniac uncle who got way better when he moved from Montreal to my little hole of a village.
Thank you for the advice, I'll keep that advice in mind. Luckily she's very outgoing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Both, she's been subcribed to medication by a doctor.
Oh dear. It's just as I feared.

May she be blessed and continue getting the best treatment possible. She definitely need the best support from you as the most important person in her life.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Welcome back and possibly just in time for CoroCoro. Hopefully it helps!

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター

It's good to see you've returned to us, Azure. Hope you'll continue to feel better, and despite this being late on my part (which I apologize for), I'm sorry for your loss. Continue to remember that we're all here for you when you need support.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Curious about Venusaur, Fearow, Snorlax, and Crobat.
Prepare for some dumb explanations.

Spring Snorlax: Snorlax after it's been awoken, and it's in the groggy pissy mood.
Autumn Venusaur: when the Perpetual autumn began the bulbasaur and ivysaur traveled to the desert areas and the arid heat made their flowers on their backs bloom differently once evolved to Venusaur.
Autumn Crobat: during the perpetual summer many threats made their homes in the caves that the crobat(zubat and golbat) lived in forcing them to leave to the forest and adapt to it.
Summer Fearow: Because of the incredibly high temperatures that came with the perpetual summer, fearow along with many other pokemon fled to the lakes and rivers to cool down. Because of this the Fearow decided to fight the other Pokemon to control the water source.

D

Deleted member

No it doesn't make me feel any better because even my gf is doing it to me

I'm invisible to everyone apparently
My bad, I don't mean to give you the silent treatment, it's just that I don't have much to say, that or I start really thinking out what to say but then I end up getting tangled in other manners.

That and ironically I'm very unifamiliar with anime, but I'm hoping that my GF fixes that. Though I might buy some manga, I can't really get into anime the same reason why I get into TV: I don't like anything episodic on my own, I always got to have someone watch it with me.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Prepare for some dumb explanations.

Spring Snorlax: Snorlax after it's been awoken, and it's in the groggy pissy mood.
Autumn Venusaur: when the Perpetual autumn began the bulbasaur and ivysaur traveled to the desert areas and the arid heat made their flowers on their backs bloom differently once evolved to Venusaur.
Autumn Crobat: during the perpetual summer many threats made their homes in the caves that the crobat(zubat and golbat) lived in forcing them to leave to the forest and adapt to it.
Summer Fearow: Because of the incredibly high temperatures that came with the perpetual summer, fearow along with many other pokemon fled to the lakes and rivers to cool down. Because of this the Fearow decided to fight the other Pokemon to control the water source.

Oh damn. I love how it seems like the latter three are like, going do or die for apocalypse preparation, while Snorlax is just mad it woke up. :laugh:

Really like Fearow in particular.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
This was definitely a weird night when I had to remind myself that Bomberman Act Zero was a thing. :troll:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so apparantly the riddler gave away how many new pokemon would be in sun and moon...sort of

dont worry to save you some math not counting forms theres a minimum of 125 new pokemon with 133 being the max
(note when i said not counting forms i meant it oricorio only counted as one pokemon)

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
All it took was a couple reblogs and now I'm added to a list of influential LGBT users.

Okay then.

Burruni

Smash Hero
so apparantly the riddler gave away how many new pokemon would be in sun and moon...sort of

dont worry to save you some math not counting forms theres a minimum of 125 new pokemon with 133 being the max
(note when i said not counting forms i meant it oricorio only counted as one pokemon)
Pyukumuku (2)
??? (2) - Our Darwin cat.
Minior (2)
All good, what I planned to build up in my tea--
Mimikyu (1)

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
avi_peeking_post.png
I always miss all the talk getting on this late. Eh, c'est la vie.

In no particular order:

Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo I still see you. Now that I'm in, at least.

@Megalon72 Heart goes out, to the both of ya.

Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan Welcome back, man. Hope you can get some peace.

AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 Feel that on the amiibo. I had to effectively abandon the pursuit just short of completing the SSB set because it was wrecking my finances - then Best Buy re-releases a string of old ones and here I go preordering Lucina again...
Also, my sympathies, nobody should ever have to remember Bomberman Act Zero was a thing.

praline praline Have I mentioned I've enjoyed these designs so far? Feel like I keep forgetting to.

Burruni Burruni You just reminded me I have a project to complete, thank you.

And now back to my regularly scheduled quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom