• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I wouldn't go that far, but the concept definitely portrays him as a bad guy/heel/dark type.

Aurane Aurane
The Alchemy theme with the starters was pretty much dead when Dartrix and Brionne were revealed.

As for Litten, it's theming is about bottling up emotions. It comes up in both Litten's and Torracat's bio.

I do agree that the jump to wrestler is still jarring, though.

Being honest here, I'd like to see a fire starter on four legs for once; the heel wrester really does not appeal to me and would feel like another Emboar (and not the good kind of Emboar) despite the rumors going around it will be Dark instead of Fighting. I'd love if we got a Sabertooth themed final evolution or just a tiger themed evolution that isn't Tony the Tiger!

Chrono.

Being honest here, I'd like to see a fire starter on four legs for once; the heel wrester really does not appeal to me and would feel like another Emboar (and not the good kind of Emboar) despite the rumors going around it will be Dark instead of Fighting. I'd love if we got a Sabertooth themed final evolution or just a tiger themed evolution that isn't Tony the Tiger!
Hope the 2 form theory is real then because that's all ya got.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Alright! The Wii remote extension cable I ordered arrived in the mail today. Now I won't have any future problems when I pick up the upcoming NES Classic Edition.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I wouldn't go that far, but the concept definitely portrays him as a bad guy/heel/dark type.

Aurane Aurane
The Alchemy theme with the starters was pretty much dead when Dartrix and Brionne were revealed.

As for Litten, it's theming is about bottling up emotions. It comes up in both Litten's and Torracat's bio.

Only Litten had the alchemy theme.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Hope the 2 form theory is real then because that's all ya got.
I've heard that theory isn't true and was misinterpreted by a lot of people due to a confusion in the translation about Rockruff's secret before we even later found out it was version exclusive evolutions. While I'd love for it be true so that people won't get worked up about Litten becoming a Tony the Tiger look-alike, it seems unlikely with what I've heard.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
While Beltigre will be fun, I would have preferred a more... consistent evo line.

Oh well. Fire/Fighting Spirit lives on. You can't punch on four legs.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Yeah I figured that out immediately. Also I'm a bit bummed that the Van Hellsing McCree outfit, Lost Viking Torbjorn and Sea Captain Reinhardt skins didn't happen.
I am too. I'd hope maybe they'll release a few more over time, but I doubt it. Guess we'll get them next year.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
They love their bipedal fire starters.
They're almost all bipedal but not all of them are bad. Charizard, for example, is dragon-like in appearance, and dragons do stand on two in some lore. Typhlosion can stand on two, but its technically a quadriped, if you watch the anime. Blaziken was the first to really go the "humanoid animal" route so it gets a pass. Infernape is... An ape. Apes can walk on two and four, so Infernape makes sense. Emboar was where it went too far, going from pig, to Pignite and Emboar, who in my opinion are the worst starter designs presently. The Fennekin line did the exact same thing, although the line's saving grace was Braxien due to the anime. And now we're doing it again, except the humanoid shape takes form after two evolutions in, which to me feels like a far leap from what it was.

Look, I'll be straight- Torracat's supposed evolution's design is lazy, the sulfur symbol graphically makes no sense (although future reveals could tap into the logic), and the idea of a humanoid shape is milked out. Its literally a joke in comparison to the other two. And I've waited YEARS for a cat starter. Disappointment is an understatement when I saw that leak for the first time.

*sigh* ...So yeah. There's my bucket of salt I've been trying to hide, but have fun with it. It feels good finally letting it go.

Chrono.

It was a common fan theory how ALL the starters (and sometimes Rockruff) shared an alchemy theme.

The theory pretty much died once the leaked concept art was all but confirmed to be real. I don't see where the alchemy theme for Litten comes in aside from having a vague connection to the sulfur symbol. The constant theme in Liiten's line bios so far has been emotions. Just like Rowlet's has been sharp leaves and just like Popplio's has been performing.
I've heard that theory isn't true and was misinterpreted by a lot of people due to a confusion in the translation about Rockruff's secret before we even later found out it was version exclusive evolutions. While I'd love for it be true so that people won't get worked up about Litten becoming a Tony the Tiger look-alike, it seems unlikely with what I've heard.
The quote didn't say they shared their secret, that much is true.

I'm mostly going off on these Riddler rumors regarding the starters (basically he mentioned a couple of Pokemon being special and said Rockruff and *beep* had a similar secret).

It's pretty unlikely that is the case, the secret could very well be something else entirely (it probably) but it's not totally dead in the water just yet.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Aurane Aurane

wrestler cat is the only way I will like litten

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
All three had references to Alchemy...Rowlet's bill for example resembled the alchemic symbol for salt, while Popplio was a bit more of a stretch but had a resemblance to the alchemic symbol for mercury...of course Litten had something akin to Sulfur in it's design...Sulfur (Fire), Salt (Earth), and Mercury (Water) being the Three Philosophical Principles of Alchemy...

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
So the US demo for BBCF finally came out today. I'm happy to say that's still fun be a savage with my mans Azrael.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Favorite Pokemon by region?
I... gotta put two.
:009::028: (I know, a little surprising either Chu aren't here)
:182::222:
Gardevoir Sceptile
Mamoswine Lickilicky
Galvantula Liligant
Aurorus Gourgeist
Mimikyu Minior

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
While I do hate the Fire/Fighting combo due to a three generation presence within the starter lineup, that's not my issue with it. Besides, I agree with Dark, I think it'll evolve into a Fire/Dark type. Least I hope it does.

The design is clearly revolving around Alchemy. It's proudly wearing the Sulfur symbol. So why does Torracat turn into the leaked evolution? Why not something more... alchemic?

And why does it need to go bi pedal? Tepig and Fennekin did the same thing, and it makes no sense. Tepig ultimately failed at it, despite making some form of sense, and Delphox didn't live up to the fame Braxien did. Why try it again? Its not nessasary.

Torracat is basically going to evolve into a Steroid meme. Its sad but what do. Fortunately, Everstone exists.
.......You did not just insult Delphox.
The day we get a fire starter that doesn't end up bipedal is the day we get a pokemon with stats higher than mewtwo and rayquaza.
The new Overwatch skins are super nice. And I just realized that the 76 skin is a reference to Thriller
Actually looks really nice.
Do you have pictures of the other skins?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
.......You did not just insult Delphox.
The day we get a fire starter that doesn't end up bipedal is the day we get a pokemon with stats higher than mewtwo and rayquaza.

Actually looks really nice.
Do you have pictures of the other skins?
Well, they could crank Arceus up to eleven in whatever DPP remakes there might be. . .

I wish folks would cut poor Delphox some slack, though. . .As well as nearly every other video game character that I see people putting active emotional passion into hating.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
This Amaterasu figure looks amazing.

It costs $385.00, though.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Favorite Pokemon for each generation? Very well then.

Generation 1: Gengar
Generation 2: Scizor
Generation 3: Swampert
Generation 4: Gallade
Generation 5: Meloetta
Generation 6: Greninja
Generation 7: Lurantis (ATM)

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
"Oh hey I want to buy this new upcoming game for the PS4/Xbox One"

"YOU MUST WAIT FOR THIS 2 1/2 HOUR INSTALLATION TO PLAY YOUR GAME"

IMG_0916.JPG

This is why I'm starting to fear the future of gaming

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I already have my favorite Pokémon for each region in my sig so I'll just go for something bigger. So... top 5 I guess.

Kanto: Gengar, Blastoise, Dragonite, Mewtwo, Sandslash
Johto: Heracross, Houndoom, Crobat, Feraligatr, Slowking
Hoenn: Absol, Gardevoir, Blaziken, Breloom, Groudon
Sinnoh: Mamoswine, Magnezone, Dusknoir, Drifblim, Lucario
Unova: Meloetta, Krookadile, Zekrom, Zoroark, Excadrill
Kalos: Aegislash, Greninja, Hawlucha, Tyrantrum, Hoopa

:094:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So like, do you hate Hoenn just for the sake of hating Hoenn?
Naw, The pokemon dont interest me, back then I didnt like all the water ( get all your laughs out of the way now) , wasn't a big fan of the music

I lost my Pokemon Ruby and Emerald years ago and I didnt really freak out over it when it happend
Sure. But I mean that's just an opinion and not really an argument.
No one ever said "If you like Gen 3 Pokemon then you're wrong." It's just an opinion.
He wasn't......arguing anything

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom