• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
In some other Disney related news, I just learned today that the Soarin' Over California rides at the Disney parks will be replaced in the next few days, with versions called Soarin' Over the World.

I'm a bit disappointed to hear this mainly because the original version has been one of my favorite rides ever since I was little.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The original Metroid is the definition of dated game design.

Some of the things it requires you to do are insane.
You could eventually out Zelda 1 and metroid if you give it time

Castlevania 2 is impossible

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
In some other Disney related news, I just learned today that the Soarin' Over California rides at the Disney parks will be replaced in the next few days, with versions called Soarin' Over the World.

I'm a bit disappointed to hear this mainly because the original version has been one of my favorite rides ever since I was little.
:sadsheep:

Darn.

D

Deleted member

You want friend requests, don't you Megalon?
Me? Pffffft, naaaaaaaah. :p

(In all seriousness though I just showed it because of the amazing trashman cover photo. Other than that, I hardly know how to use this and just have it to chat with friends anyway. :p Man I over explain everything, but eh, it's just natural for me.)

Everyone send me a request. : ^ )

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I'm kinda late to the party, but I finally got Project X Zone 2. Played up to Chapter 18, and it's pretty fun.

Gotta say, I know most people here probably would want more Nintendo characters for the next game, but...for me personally, it just feels wrong to have all these SF, Virtua Fighter, and Tekken characters, but no King of Fighters characters. We gotta get SNK in on this!

But that's probably just me.... >.>

Chrono.

I'm kinda late to the party, but I finally got Project X Zone 2. Played up to Chapter 18, and it's pretty fun.

Gotta say, I know most people here probably would want more Nintendo characters for the next game, but...for me personally, it just feels wrong to have all these SF, Virtua Fighter, and Tekken characters, but no King of Fighters characters. We gotta get SNK in on this!

But that's probably just me.... >.>
SNK would be legit, especially since they seem to be going through a career renaissance right now.

They got more than enough franchises and they love their cameos and crossovers.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Me? Pffffft, naaaaaaaah. :p

(In all seriousness though I just showed it because of the amazing trashman cover photo. Other than that, I hardly know how to use this and just have it to chat with friends anyway. :p Man I over explain everything, but eh, it's just natural for me.)

Everyone send me a request. : ^ )
That cover photo is not very pleasant to look at XD

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I've also recently heard that Disneyland's old Fantasyland Skyway Station building is planned to be demolished.

I managed to get a view of the old building for the first time just last year when I went on a Christmas vacation. Was pretty neat seeing it in person. Granted the building is old, damaged, and in an obscure location off-limits to guests, with it's view mostly hidden by trees, so there was truly no use left for it, but still ,that's a pretty big existing landmark of Disneyland's history that's about to go down the drain there.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So I was messing around with Smash 4 mods, and I ended up on the Miiverse stage.

"Captain Falcon is Donald Trump's butler"
"Sonic 06 did nothing wrong"

This stage makes me question a lot of things.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The original Metroid is the definition of dated game design.

Some of the things it requires you to do are insane.
I know another insane NES game that would like to say hello.

If Zelda 1 was frustrating for you, then this game is basically that one steroids. Every enemy in the game (ninjas and shinobus) are the epitome of Goddamned Bats that never give you any room. You would have to find the accurate location of every hidden gift box to find that best weapon/shogi combination to survive each level. And that's not getting into the boss fights with each Castle Lord.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I remember trying to play the original Metroid years ago.

I got stuck in a lava pit or something, and gave up in frustration. Never tried it again.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
If we're talking about dated game design, I look no further to Super Mario Bros 1.
I get it, it's a marvel for Nintendo, the platforming genre, and gaming as a whole, but I'd also be lying if I said it has aged well.
It's clunky at best, and repetitive at worst. Personally even SMB2 (USA) was a much better game.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I know another insane NES game that would like to say hello.

If Zelda 1 was frustrating for you, then this game is basically that one steroids. Every enemy in the game (ninjas and shinobus) are the epitome of Goddamned Bats that never give you any room. You would have to find the accurate location of every hidden gift box to find that best weapon/shogi combination to survive each level. And that's not getting into the boss fights with each Castle Lord.
See these ninjas? They stare into your soul with those gleaming eyes since they know that you came to the wrong neighborhood.

The worst enemies in the game will have to be the Fire Porter, Castle Lord Appetence, or any of the Shinobus (bomb or fire varieties). The ninjas are easy fodder that you can cut down when given the patience. But because of how numerous they are, they are that annoying to fight.

And most of the lords are easy if you have the right combinations (especially Akasamse). Momosame is quite the ***** since she is the last Lord for you to kill. Sure Ryokosame at least had afterimages, but the pink hussy's sakura bombs that spilt are hard to go up against without splitting them. But they all pale in comparison to Murasame himself (especially the spectral alien form at the end).

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
If we're talking about dated game design, I look no further to Super Mario Bros 1.
I get it, it's a marvel for Nintendo, the platforming genre, and gaming as a whole, but I'd also be lying if I said it has aged well.
It's clunky at best, and repetitive at worst. Personally even SMB2 was a much better game.
I think the All-Stars remake kinda fix its issues mechanically but I can see that.

But if you want the Kings of Aged Gameplay, look no further to Goldeneye, Tekken 2 and ALL the Tomb Raider games on PS1

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
It's clunky at best, and repetitive at worst. Personally even SMB2 was a much better game.
Eh, I disagree there. SMB1 is still a great game once you get the hang of the controls. That said, the SNES version of SMB1 felt off, so I think the NES version is the definite version, either that or Deluxe for GBC if you don't mind small camera. Otherwise, SMB1 is a simple yet intelligently designed game.

Not a fan of SMB2 JP, I felt the level design was cheap at times. SMB2 US however is fantastic.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I played Metroid NES for the Door Glitch, posted a few pictures on Miiverse, and never touched it again.

That was my experience with the game as a whole. I should maybe pick up Super Metroid at some point since I do know it fixes a lot of its predecessor's problems, but I wasn't all that excited when playing Metroid 1.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I think the All-Stars remake kinda fix its issues mechanically but I can see that.

But if you want the Kings of Aged Gameplay, look no further to Goldeneye, Tekken 2 and ALL the Tomb Raider games on PS1
The first Persona game as well.

Playing it is an exercise in masochism.

Naoshi

If Metroid 1 had it so you reload your game with full health, it'd been a lot better. That was my only major complaint regarding that game.

I played Metroid NES for the Door Glitch, posted a few pictures on Miiverse, and never touched it again.

That was my experience with the game as a whole. I should maybe pick up Super Metroid at some point since I do know it fixes a lot of problems, but I wasn't all that excited when playing Metroid 1.
Definitely try out Super Metroid, it's great! One of the coolest 1st party SNES games I've ever played.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
See these ninjas? They stare into your soul with those gleaming eyes since they know that you came to the wrong neighborhood.

The worst enemies in the game will have to be the Fire Porter, Castle Lord Appetence, or any of the Shinobus (bomb or fire varieties). The ninjas are easy fodder that you can cut down when given the patience. But because of how numerous they are, they are that annoying to fight.

And most of the lords are easy if you have the right combinations (especially Akasamse). Momosame is quite the ***** since she is the last Lord for you to kill. Sure Ryokosame at least had afterimages, but the pink hussy's sakura bombs that spilt are hard to go up against without splitting them. But they all pale in comparison to Murasame himself (especially the spectral alien form at the end).
Momosame gave me the most trouble easily of all the lords. Thanks for reminding me of the times I use Rook + Fire only to get myself hit by the split sakura bombs that ***** tosses. But the developers at Koei thought it was a good idea to make her worse in Samurai Warriors 3. They went "Hey, you know the afterimage gimmick that Ryokusame is known for? Let's give that to her and make it the main gimmick of her entire dungeon!" As if fight two Momosames was bad enough, you would have to fight a clone of yourself halfway through her castle. Maybe that will give Sakurai the idea of a Dark Takamaru if he were to think about making a new Murasame Castle game. :4darkpit:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I shall player Super Metroid again soon....no matter how much trouble Maridia gives me.

I hate water levels in video games. Making them huge mazes with an additional confusing gimmick seems to be a recurring thing when it comes to Nintendo and water levels.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Chrono.

Looking back I've missed out on a lot of SNES games.

So far I've yet to play:
- A Link to the Past
- Super Metroid
- Earthbound
- Final Fantasy VI
- Chrono Trigger
- Super Mario RPG

Naoshi

"What is a Kirby, is it a Pokemon?" 9 year old me when I saw Kirby in Smash Bros 64

In speaking of Kirby though:

Your Amazon.com order of "Kirby: Planet Robobot ..." and 1 more item has shipped!‏

eeeeee

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
On the topic of dated game design.

I implore you all to play the original Street Fighter.

Really makes you wonder how the hell it even got a sequel.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
On the topic of dated game design.

I implore you all to play the original Street Fighter.

Really makes you wonder how the hell it even got a sequel.
To its credit, Street Fighter 1 was very well received at the time. Getting a bunch of ports and the like.

However, if I had to compare the original Street Fighter to its sequel then yeah SF2 beats SF1 by a long shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom