• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Pretty obscure one, but Space Mama in Rayman 1.

It's not that hard of a fight, but it is a long waiting game.
That's actually Silver Sonic(who isn't named till the Game Gear version), a model different from Metal Sonic. Mecha Sonic isn't Metal Sonic either.

Also, I would say Wing Fortress Zone's boss is far harder than the final two bosses. I can beat Silver Sonic and the Death Egg Robot with all 3 playable characters easily. There's a huge amount of space to dodge and trial and error isn't a problem with them.
I totally forgot it was called Silver Sonic, don't know why.

And yeah, Wing Fortress gives me a harder time. Only boss in the game that does, really.

Chrono.

Time Eater was a weird boss.

To this day I still don't know how I beat it, I just pressed buttons and hoped things happened.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So someone pointed out something I didn't know about the Lego Dimensions stuff. Months ago a list was leaked with abbreviations. I filled stuff in.
71242 GB 1 Ghostbusters (reboot) Story Pack

71243 HP 1 Harry Potter Team Pack (Harry and Voldemort)

71244 S1 Sonic the Hedgehog (currently unknown if he comes with someone else)

71245 AT 1 Adventure Time Level Pack with Finn

71246 AT 2 Adventure Time Team Pack with Jake and LSP

71247 HP 2 Harry Potter Pack 2 (Hermione and Ron?)

71248 MI Mission Impossible Level Pack with Ethan Hunt

71249 AT 3 Adventure Time Pack 3 (Princess Bubblegum and Marceline?)

71250 GB 2 Ghostbusters reboot Pack 2

71251 Mr T A-Team Fun Pack with BA Baracus

71252 KR Rumored to be Knight Rider (sorry, Annuga)

71253 FB 1 Rumored to be Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

71254 TTG 1 Rumored to be Teen Titans Go

71255 TTG 2 Teen Titans Go Pack 2

71256 GR 1 Gremlins Pack with Gizmo

71257 FB 2 Fantastic Beasts Pack 2

71258 ET 1 It's obvious to literally everyone, but it hasn't shown up in rumors. Most likely ET.

71259 Connectable 1

71260 Connectable 2

71261 Connectable 3

71262 Connectable 4

71263 Connectable 5
Each of them corresponds to a Lego Dimensions product. Here's the catch: we now know most if not all of them, between rumors and leaks.

Notably:

- No sign of Powerpuff Girls
- No sign of the Goonies either
- No Marvel
- Sonic may just have one character, but possibly two if someone comes with Sonic.
- No one can figure out what "Connectable" 1-5 are.

Though, of course, it could just be Wave One. More might come later.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I wanna say I never had problems with Boost Guardian....but that's only in the Trilogy version...

Gamecube version's just insane...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Whitney still kicks my butt even very recently and I always picked Totodile and do my best against the evil cow.

D:! It also has stomp, so it flinches or paralyzes your Pokemon. pure evil
True. However it's easier in HGSS because of Nidorina herself.

She has the ability of Poison Point where any physical move a opponent uses, she causes the enemy to be poisoned from that spot and since early gyms only use potions, it makes Whitney a joke.

North is still a harder fight because you won't have any options to deal with his Ghost Pokemon and oh lord you'll hate the combo of Hypnosis and Dream Eater.

Chrono.

How does Lego Dimensions work anyway?

Do the characters/series get themed levels too or nah?

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
What's the worst DS (Or Roleplaying game) you ever played? Mine was Narnia: Prince Caspian on the DS because the Gameplay is Boring, and quite frustrating (Also since you have you use touch controls to attack, like Sonic Chronicles (Also a Bad game I've played)), you don't know what to even do to continue through the story at times (Which gets really frustrating), the sound effects were bleh (At least me), some of the other things were also confusing (But easy to get used to at least), the animations were uninteresting and when you beat the game you are forced to stay in that one room forever, you can't even go outside and atleast fight some enemys, or go around town and explore, so the only way to get out is delete your file. The concept of HOW you use your attacks for each party member that different in their own way looks good on paper, but feels boring in the other.

(This is my opinion, since this game got an decent score).

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What's the worst DS (Or Roleplaying game) you ever played? Mine was Narnia: Prince Caspian on the DS because the Gameplay is Boring, and quite frustrating (Also since you have you use touch controls to attack, like Sonic Chronicles (Also a Bad game I've played)), you don't know what to even do to continue through the story at times (Which gets really frustrating), the sound effects were bleh (At least me), some of the other things were also confusing (But easy to get used to at least), the animations were uninteresting and when you beat the game you are forced to stay in that one room forever, you can't even go outside and atleast fight some enemys, or go around town and explore, so the only way to get out is delete your file. The concept of HOW you use your attacks for each party member that different in their own way looks good on paper, but feels boring in the other.

(This is my opinion, since this game got an decent score).
That's easy; Aidyn Chronicles: The First Mage; It seemed good at first. Had the stuff missing from Quest 64. Equipment, money, a good story, cutscenes, but then we you got to the gameplay. It's slow. It's easy to miss. You had to constantly gather materials for spells. You can't revive anyone. The enemies hit super hard. Game overs existed. The graphics and music were absolute crap(even compared to Quest 64's low polygon count). And worst of all; You could literally walk off cliffs like you had a No Clipping Gameshark code on. I was very disappointed in how much I spent on it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
How does Lego Dimensions work anyway?

Do the characters/series get themed levels too or nah?
Don't have the game (though I might get into it depending on how many other franchises get added), but from what I understand it works like this.

- The game comes with Batman from...Batman, Wyldstyle from The Lego Movie, and Gandalf from Lord of the Rings, giving you access to worlds and levels based around their properties (DC Comics, Lego Movie, and Lord of the Rings) while the story mode takes you to some additional places. Additional characters come with new abilities to help traverse the land, some come with level packs, others come with just world packs, and they all come with something extra to build and use in-game. So yeah, you get access to each franchise's world when you buy a character from that world.

Current worlds:
DC Comics
Lord of the Rings
The Lego Movie
The Wizard of Oz
The Simpsons
Ghostbusters (1980s)
Back to the Future
Jurassic World
Lego Ninjago
Lego Legend of Chima
Doctor Who
Scooby-Doo
Portal 2
Midway Arcade

And the leaks add in Sonic the Hedgehog, Harry Potter, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Gremlins, Ghostbusters Reboot, Adventure Time, Mission Impossible, The A-Team, Teen Titans Go, Knight Rider, and E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
At least the plot is finally moving. Sad about Armin though, he was my favorite.
This current arc in general has been pretty good thus far, at least IMO. The last arc was really bleh for the most part, but these past few chapters have been great, especially the ones that make up Volume 20 that Chapter 82 now concludes (I'd say Volume 20 is one of my favorite volumes overall). I guess it's because it's chapters like these that remind me of why I got invested into the series in the first place.

And Armin was also one of my favorite characters. I've grown to like the dude a lot. He started out as a weak and cowardly kid that was bullied a lot, but as time went on, once he joined the army, he proved to be quite valuable with his strategies thanks to his powerful intellect. In fact, some of my favorite moments in the series involved Armin coming up with a plan, and then the plan pays off. As the series progresses, you see him develop and become quite the brave individual as well, ultimately ending with a sacrifice that parallels what Eren did for him Episode 5. Truly sad he's gone.

But alas, with the Shinganshina Battle from the inside basically done, the only thing left to worry for now is the battle from the outside, to find out whether or not Levi survived against those surge of titans after he defeated the Beast Titan, whether or not Erwin is alive, and the possibility the titan serum could be used on someone soon now with the Armored and Colossal Titans incapacitated. I think the basement will happen in a few chapters from now, probably around the conclusion of the arc, which should be soon.

------

I watched the new Death Battle about an hour ago.

Pretty good fight. Joker was such a troll. I liked how this was one Death Battle for once where the loser wasn't finished off into a bloody mess. The good ol' Joker Gas ultimately killed off Sweet Tooth.

And Mewtwo in the next Death Battle? This should be interesting. I wonder what his opponent will be. Mewtwo vs Frieza seems to be the one that is commonly requested, but something Metwo's opponent could be more of a surprise candidate this time. We'll see these coming days.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That's actually Silver Sonic(who isn't named till the Game Gear version), a model different from Metal Sonic. Mecha Sonic isn't Metal Sonic either.

Also, I would say Wing Fortress Zone's boss is far harder than the final two bosses. I can beat Silver Sonic and the Death Egg Robot with all 3 playable characters easily. There's a huge amount of space to dodge and trial and error isn't a problem with them.
With the Wing Fortress boss, I only ever used Super Sonic lol

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Here's a topic: is there any boss in a game that you see people rage at all the time due to difficulty, but you personally find them easy?

I have one.
Bouldergeist in Super Mario Galaxy. I see people rank it among the most rage-inducing boss fights, but I personally never had a problem with him. It's an amazingly fun boss fight, but IMO it's not even the hardest boss in Galaxy in general.
Not a boss fight but I find the Water temple in OoT to not be all that complicated. Maybe a bit on the first playthrough but straight forward on others. The Great Bay temple in MM was IMO much harder. Especially the boss in that level.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not a boss fight but I find the Water temple in OoT to not be all that complicated. Maybe a bit on the first playthrough but straight forward on others. The Great Bay temple in MM was IMO much harder. Especially the boss in that level.
This so much. I found it vastly easier than the Fire Temple, actually, all the rest of the Temples in the game. Morpha and Dark Link(if fought without the Megaton Hammer) were the only challenging parts of it overall, well, getting to Dark Link was a bit hard too, since hookshotting fast in 3D is not that easy.

The rest had lots of majorly tough areas, bosses, mini-bosses, or something that made them stand out more. That said, I'm probably the only one who likes going into the menu to switch the boots. >.>

Chrono.

Personally I found the Fire Temple to be annoying to travel. Water Temple was fine, if a little boring.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The most annoying Temple IMO is the Ice Temple from Majora's Mask

Because you can mess up

But the boss fight is really fun

Here's a topic: is there any boss in a game that you see people rage at all the time due to difficulty, but you personally find them easy?

I have one.
Bouldergeist in Super Mario Galaxy. I see people rank it among the most rage-inducing boss fights, but I personally never had a problem with him. It's an amazingly fun boss fight, but IMO it's not even the hardest boss in Galaxy in general.
I have to go with Bouldergeist too. It was never a challenge to me: recently, when replaying Super Mario Galaxy, I even beat the Daredevil run against it on my first try.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Water Temple was just tedious...not really hard...
Made better in the 3D remake...

Great Bay Temple was also tedious, but was still not that bad...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
This so much. I found it vastly easier than the Fire Temple, actually, all the rest of the Temples in the game. Morpha and Dark Link(if fought without the Megaton Hammer) were the only challenging parts of it overall, well, getting to Dark Link was a bit hard too, since hookshotting fast in 3D is not that easy.

The rest had lots of majorly tough areas, bosses, mini-bosses, or something that made them stand out more. That said, I'm probably the only one who likes going into the menu to switch the boots. >.>
Yeah. Dark Link and maybe finding one key were the only hard parts in the temple. Way back when I was a kid in my first playthrough of OoT I was no more troubled by the Water Temple then I was the others even though I did get stuck a lot in that playthrough hence my age.
Personally I found the Fire Temple to be annoying to travel. Water Temple was fine, if a little boring.
Meh. Fire Temple was straight forward for the most part. Ironically though on Master Quest difficulty it becomes the hardest temple in the game by far because of one key.
The most annoying Temple IMO is the Ice Temple from Majora's Mask

Because you can mess up

But the boss fight is really fun
Yeah. I loved that fight.

The last temple in the game was rather annoying though. Having to do the first subquest then having to go through the temple. Not to mention actually getting to the temple can be very tedious. The boss fight can be hard if your low on magic as well. Top it all off with the complexity of the temple and it's a really hard temple to beat.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I can't say either of the Water Temples from the 64 era were my favorite, but yeah, it was more the tedium that got to me then the hardness. The Great Bay Temple in particular really irritated me due to the fact that in my first playthrough, I didn't know of the Song of Time variations, so I had to restart the whole thing from scratch because I ran out of time.

It also didn't help that the second time I made a terrible mistake and had to go all the way back from the last room and change the watermill.

I wanna say I never had problems with Boost Guardian....but that's only in the Trilogy version...

Gamecube version's just insane...
I swear, whoever developed the Boost Guardian was feeling really sadistic that day, because that thing destroyed me so many times I'm surprised I didn't just give up the mission right then and there and left the Luminoth to the Ing.

On the other hand, I didn't have too much trouble with the Spider Guardian, which surprised me since it was one of the most infamous ones in the game alongside the Boost Guardian.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The Great Bay Temple required magic constantly to change the water levels. It also made it hard for you to get places if you weren't good with the Zora controls. And Gyorg was wayyyyyyy more difficult than Morpha. I'd say it was an overall difficult dungeon. The Water Temple is overall tedious, but the challenging parts aren't that bad. Great Bay Temple is far harder in comparison.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's odd that the really big pack is the New Ghostbusters, especially when there's already a Ghostbusters level pack. I guess with all the hoopla going on about it they made it the expensive set to have plausible deniability in case of low sales. I hope this doesn't lead to more sexism allegations.

I hope Sonic is either a Level or double character pack.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Sonic has had some weeeeird official crossovers man.

I can make him have crazy fights with some of my other favourite characters like Rosalina, Link, Yoshi, etc. And of course the standard company mascot brawl MU.

I can make him race NiGHTS, Ryo Hazuki, Banjo-Kazooie, Danica ****ing Patrick, some Russian dude from Company of Heroes, Team Fortress characters, and ****ing Simon from Yogscast.

He appears all over a Disney movie.

He's gone turbo into Yoshi and Link's worlds in his own game.

He's had Angry Birds invade his own game.

And now, I will be able to have him fight alongside Batman, Gandalf, the Powerpuff Girls, the Doctor, and Harry Potter, against GLaDOS or something like that. In a LEGO game.

What even is this series anymore?
show me!

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
And no, Dark Takamaru should NEVER be a thing. If people hated Dark Pit's presence in Smash, then Sakurai should never be convinced to make a dark side character in New Murasame Castle NX before the character is popular enough to be a last minute clone in the next game. But then again, more ships is always a good thing.
"You know what would be a great idea? If we combine two cliches at once and made an edgy and female version of Takamaru! Brilliant!"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You didn't get the Silence staff?

You poor soul...
I already had a full one in the Convoy and another one with 1/4 uses(I think I used it for Azama in Chapter 11, I don't remember)
All I need to do is avoid the Hexing Rod turn(which is every four turns), it's easy to tell the pattern since it's how they're arranged in his inventory
Though I need to save some uses for the Great Master in Endgane though, ugh

I have one.
Not a boss, but everyone says Chapter 17 in Conquest is one of the hardest maps in the game but all the times I played it, it was rather simple(I did it in two tries on Hard and about only 3 in Lunatic)
All you have to do is take it slow and use the two units the game gives you prior to this map, but most players usually ignore the second
Though the boss itself can be somewhat dangerous with its high avoid, but as I said, one of the units you get before this map makes it a lot easier
Holy ****, This.

Whitney is only hard because we were young and we all got Cyndaquill who was weak to Rollout.

If you had a female Machop, Nidorina with Double Kick and :158:with Rage which can withstand everything Rollout throws at you, you can sweep that the hole gym.

Morty, Chuck and Clair (especially Clair) were harder.
Whitney is considered hard because:
A) Most Pokemon you have up to this point have a higher chance of being male(including your starter) which makes them vulnerable to Attract and even if you have a female one, they might not be bulky enough to face Miltank
B) Stomp, it deals STAB damage and can make your Pokemon flinch, combine it with Attract and you have a pseudo-ParaFlinch lock
C) Milk Drink allows her to heal herself as many times as she wants
D) Rollout, once started, has to be stopped asap, otherwise that base power will just keep increasing
E) It has the bulk, attack and speed to do all of this
F) ****ING CLEFAIRY WITH HER METRONOME BULL**** STOP USING JUDGEMENT

I won't deny the other gym leaders are hard too, but Whitney comes somewhat earlygame where your options are limited
But no kid would ever choose Cyndaquill, they all know Totodile is the superior choice
Also lol Rage

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
For the difficult bosses that were easy I'd say the Zeekeeper from Mario and Luigi Dream Team. I beat him on my first try and I felt like his fight was one of the best giant fights. I loved the wormhole section where you had to tilt the 3DS. I kept on hearing that he was a tough boss but Im not sure how true that was.

Also Bouldergiest was fairly easy too, it was just the Daredevil comet that got slightly difficult.

Last edited:
For the difficult bosses that were easy I'd say the Zeekeeper from Mario and Luigi Dream Team. I beat him on my first try and I felt like his fight was one of the best giant fights. I loved the wormhole section where you had to tilt the 3DS. I kept on hearing that he was a tough boss but Im not sure how true that was.

Also Bouldergiest was fairly easy too, it was just the Daredevil comet that got slightly difficult.
Yeah, I beat it on my first try, too. He was the second easiest giant battle, after Robo-Drilldigger, imo.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
You know, it's really amazing just how big Splatoon has become. Heck, before it released, I thought Splatoon was only going to be a Pikmin level franchise at most. Imagine my surprise at Splatoon selling 1 million copies after amonth on the Wii U. I was like "Wow that is awesome!"

Do you guys think there is any realistic possibility of there being another new Nintendo IP that ends up reaching the level of success that Splatoon did or was it Nintendo capturing lighting in abottle, so to speak?

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
You know, it's really amazing just how big Splatoon has become. Heck, before it released, I thought Splatoon was only going to be a Pikmin level franchise at most. Imagine my surprise at Splatoon selling 1 million copies after amonth on the Wii U. I was like "Wow that is awesome!"

Do you guys think there is any realistic possibility of there being another new Nintendo IP that ends up reaching the level of success that Splatoon did or was it Nintendo capturing lighting in abottle, so to speak?
If they bother with advertsing and looks appealing, just like Splatoon which actually wasn't advertising to the level of CoD (I'd imagine Splatoon would be at 7m+ right now) then yeah it could.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
If the leaked image of Sonic is legit... I'm actually impressed. Thank god they kept his regular head.

I really hope Sonic is more than just a single character. I NEED a Lego-fied Green Hill in my life.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

Trailer is up.

It's really impressive how many worlds there are.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

"LEGO City: Undercover"

YEEEEES

I need a Frank Honey minifig to go with my Chase McCain one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom