• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's part of the 2.5 HD collection so that's the best way to play it if you're looking to try it out and have a PS3.

It's pretty essential and engaging lore wise, but I think the gameplay is meh, personally.
Haven't had a Sony system since PS2 sadly

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
-Lilo & Stitch should also be highly likely because it has unfinished business in KH lore. Stitch, unlike a lot of Disney characters, has a pretty prominent role in the KH universe. He formed an extremely strong connection with Terra, Ven, and Aqua, and they helped him escape confinement, and from there, he somehow ended up in Radiant Garden 11 years after the fact. He was even depicted fighting the Heartless on his own in the battle for Radiant Garden in KH2, and this was AFTER you already acquired his summon charm. So I really can't see why it wouldn't be highly likely, when it has a bigger established place in the lore of the general KH universe than most Disney properties, which is saying a lot because they didn't do much of this after the original game. Stitch and Tron are the only non-classic (i.e characters from Disney Castle) characters with a story role to play outside of the confines of their own world. So I think that makes Stitch pretty important, and a Lilo & Stitch world much more likely than a lot of the highly likely choices on your list.

That's about all I can think of for now.
Ah yes, I completely forgot that Treasure Planet was a Roy Conli film, I think I was kind of focusing more on newer worlds when I made the list.

And I did not realize that Jack holding the Keyblade was a big deal to the story. I should have mentioned that.

And yeah, I do realize that with the Lilo & Stitch is pretty significant to the story, but like I said, there's the possibility of it being opted out for Moana for marketing purposes since Disney seems to be hugely successful in marketing with Zootopia and shove in Zootopia medals last minute. With both of them likely having a Hawaii-esque theme, having both worlds would be a bit redundant. And I think there's an either or situation with Lilo and Stitch now.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I was listening to the X-Keepers on Twitch and they pointed this out and uh

They definitely made Aqua's outfit a bit see-through.

Like you can see the colour of her skin.

Disney will probably end up censoring this too.

Ah yes, I completely forgot that Treasure Planet was a Roy Conli film, I think I was kind of focusing more on newer worlds when I made the list.

And I did not realize that Jack holding the Keyblade was a big deal to the story. I should have mentioned that.

And yeah, I do realize that with the Lilo & Stitch is pretty significant to the story, but like I said, there's the possibility of it being opted out for Moana for marketing purposes since Disney seems to be hugely successful in marketing with Zootopia and shove in Zootopia medals last minute. With both of them likely having a Hawaii-esque theme, having both worlds would be a bit redundant. And I think there's an either or situation with Lilo and Stitch now.
But promotional reasons aren't the only reasons worlds appear in the games.

At the end of the day, Nomura decides the world list, and I would imagine he would prioritise ones that could contribute to the story. We see signs of this with the inclusion of Big Hero 6.

Last edited:
-Treasure Planet should be in the "highly likely" section.
I am suddenly very happy

As we know from Birth by Sleep, merely touching a keyblade makes you a potential inheritor of it. The only other person who has touched Sora's keyblade, is Leon,
Jesus christ that would make me freak out so bad even if it is literally never happening
I also didn't know that was how it worked

May as well post a wishlist because I have a KH avi anyway
Toy Story world (Pizza Planet specifically is my most wanted area)

Hawaii (I need this)

Deep Jungle (RIP)

Death Star

Treasure Planet

Midgar (Not in a billion years)

Bug's Life

You can never have enough Tron, although I would prefer original to the new movie.
And this isn't a world but im hoping that tease about Rinoa from KH2's credits comes to fruition.

Chrono.

So I was listening to the X-Keepers on Twitch and they pointed this out and uh

They definitely made Aqua's outfit a bit see-through.

Like you can see the colour of her skin.

Disney will probably end up censoring this too.
I'm more concerned as to how the **** do people even notice these things and why.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I am suddenly very happy

Jesus christ that would make me freak out so bad even if it is literally never happening
I also didn't know that was how it worked

May as well post a wishlist because I have a KH avi anyway
Toy Story world (Pizza Planet specifically is my most wanted area)

Hawaii (I need this)

Deep Jungle (RIP)

Death Star

Treasure Planet

Midgar (Not in a billion years)

Bug's Life

You can never have enough Tron, although I would prefer original to the new movie.
And this isn't a world but im hoping that tease about Rinoa from KH2's credits comes to fruition.
Wait.
What teaser about Rinoa?

Wait.
What teaser about Rinoa?
During KH2's credits when they are going through all the worlds and what is going on leon's shtick is hat he is reading a letter. . .that letter then has Rinoa's angel wings (the same ones on the back of Rinoa's clothes AND KH!Squall's jacket) fly off of it for some reason.

~19:15 if it doesn't load

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm more concerned as to how the **** do people even notice these things and why.
To be fair, they kinda did release screenshots blatantly showing it.

Another thing I noticed though, is that Aqua's voice actress really improved. Sounds more expressive from the snippets we have seen.

---------------

Anyway, here's my general KH3 wishlist. Not really worlds exclusively, just things in general.

-Nice blend of combat, exploration, and platforming. KH1 is still my favourite game in the franchise in part because of this balance it had. And I LOOOOOVED the Cavern of Rememberance. So I hope KH3 is like those. It looks promising so far, from what we have seen.

-We need a Disney Castle/Disney Town hybrid world. Max (Goofy's son) needs to be there, training for the army, which we know Goofy is the captain of. And that army NEEDS to be called "The Goof Troop".

-Lilo & Stitch, Toy Story, Incredibles, and Wreck-It Ralph are the main Disney Worlds I want.

-Also I really want Traverse Town to return, it's one of my favourite game worlds like, ever. It's so goddamn comfy.

-All-range mode Gummi Ships. A Star Wars world could leave good room for that, actually.

-Pander to my closet SoraxNaminé thing because god damn those two are adorable together. I mean I know he's probably gonna properly get hitched with Kairi but give me something. Hell, just let Naminé do something cool in general.

-I wanna see Zack again, and Lightning to make an appearance.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
During KH2's credits when they are going through all the worlds and what is going on leon's shtick is hat he is reading a letter. . .that letter then has Rinoa's angel wings (the same ones on the back of Rinoa's clothes AND KH!Squall's jacket) fly off of it for some reason.

~19:15 if it doesn't load
I blame the 10 YEAR GAP from when that game came out.
Holy crap though if so.
(Gimme HD Angelo Cannon)

HOLY ****! Something COMPLETELY screwed my KH thread over and deleted a LARGE portion of my hard work that I made.

What happened? I spent all day on that.
I was really hoping that was just on my end :/
Formatting trouble :X

I blame the 10 YEAR GAP from when that game came out.
Holy crap though if so.
(Gimme HD Angelo Cannon)
Hey I just found out about it a few days ago. . . I didn't even know who Rinoa is until recently but still! It was crazy to see that there had been a tease so blatant I didn't know about for something I had very recently started to really like (FFVIII)

Too bad I wont be able to play KH3 to see her in glorious HD or whether she is even in it at all. :p

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It's always been a problem since I first joined KHinsider, when I made the Rate The World Chances thread, it would sometimes compress all of the characters and leave no spaces behind. I'm seriously pissed right now.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm a grown ass man. I should not be tearing up at seeing my bb gurl Aqua in beautiful HD sad as hell because she misses her friends.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Few things I disagree with:

-Treasure Planet should be in the "highly likely" section. Roy Conli was producer on it, as well as Tangled and Big Hero 6, which have both been confirmed for KH3. And he's a big KH fan. Treasure Planet is one of the last remaining classic Disney films that is requested too. And it would fit perfectly. I mean at the end of the day I'm not much of a believer in "chances", but Treasure Planet seems like it would be a lock for KH3 given everything we know. It's the only Roy Conli produced Disney film not yet in KH (the fourth being Hunchback of Notre Dame, which we got in Dream Drop Distance). I would argue it's even more likely than Frozen, since we have tangible evidence that Roy Conli is deeply involved with the game, considering he flat out unveiled the Big Hero 6 announcement himself.

-Not so much a disagreement, but I found your reasoning for Port Royal to be rather...vague. I do believe it has a high chance of appearing in the game, but not because of potential or it being a successful series. There is a much more obvious reason you could have pointed out.

It was already DIRECTLY hinted to return in KH2.

There's also the fact that Jack Sparrow has touched a keyblade. Which is significant, as that makes him a potential inheritor of Sora's keyblade. As we know from Birth by Sleep, merely touching a keyblade makes you a potential inheritor of it. The only other person who has touched Sora's keyblade, is Leon, as well as Riku (though it WAS originally Riku's keyblade).

-Robin Williams not voicing Genie is a non-issue. The only thing Robin Williams voiced Genie in after the original film, was Aladdin and the King of Thieves, IIRC. Any other time, it's been a different actor. In fact, Robin Williams had a clause in his will saying that Disney may not use his Genie voice clips in anything ever for 25 years after his passing. He also never wanted his voice to be used in spin-off material back when he originally recorded the movie. So him not voicing Genie in KH isn't an issue. It never has been and it was never a thing that could happen even if he were still alive.

-Lilo & Stitch should also be highly likely because it has unfinished business in KH lore. Stitch, unlike a lot of Disney characters, has a pretty prominent role in the KH universe. He formed an extremely strong connection with Terra, Ven, and Aqua, and they helped him escape confinement, and from there, he somehow ended up in Radiant Garden 11 years after the fact. He was even depicted fighting the Heartless on his own in the battle for Radiant Garden in KH2, and this was AFTER you already acquired his summon charm. So I really can't see why it wouldn't be highly likely, when it has a bigger established place in the lore of the general KH universe than most Disney properties, which is saying a lot because they didn't do much of this after the original game. Stitch and Tron are the only non-classic (i.e characters from Disney Castle) characters with a story role to play outside of the confines of their own world. So I think that makes Stitch pretty important, and a Lilo & Stitch world much more likely than a lot of the highly likely choices on your list.

That's about all I can think of for now.

EDIT: Oh, and Toy Story should be here. It has an attraction flow ride and has a history of SE trying to get it into the series.
Even if nothing ever comes from it in the main series, we can find solace in the fact that Jack eventually did wield a Keyblade, no matter how non-canon it is. :p

-We need a Disney Castle/Disney Town hybrid world. Max (Goofy's son) needs to be there, training for the army, which we know Goofy is the captain of. And that army NEEDS to be called "The Goof Troop".
I'm gonna be so disappointed if this doesn't happen now.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Some supposed leaks of Lego Sonic.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Could be fake, but if not, this figure is going to look amazing.

EDIT: Confirmed fake

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I would like to see ff worlds in kingdom hearts. Maybe even just a spin off

Chrono.

I would like to see ff worlds in kingdom hearts. Maybe even just a spin off
Same here. Which one though?

It can't be any of the current FF cast's worlds as the entire reason they're in the Disney worlds in the first place is because their worlds were over taken by Darkness (or something).

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Wario: Master of Disguise hitting Wii U tomorrow? Even being a uber Waah fan, I've been told to stay away from that game.

And Sanic in LEGO Dimensions sounds cool. Still not enough for me to invest in something some would call "DLC: The Game".

Burruni

Smash Hero

It can't be any of the current FF cast's worlds as the entire reason they're in the Disney worlds in the first place is because their worlds were over taken by Darkness (or something).
FF4's World.

Cecil and Kain would be PERFECT characters to reflect Sora and Riku's stories off of.

And it is one of the more popular of the series.

Chrono.

FF4's World.

Cecil and Kain would be PERFECT characters to reflect Sora and Riku's stories off of.

And it is one of the more popular of the series.
Yeah that one sounds good.

They haven't used anyone from there either so no weird retcon shenanigans.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I can't care about KH3 until I see Sora with The Avengers and saving the Galaxy with a Lightsaber Keyblade with Finn and Rey.

#JustDoItSquare

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
A pipe dream of mine is to see another Lion King world. I had a lot of fun running around the Pridelands, plus TLK is my favorite movie. And I'd love to fight Zira.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Actually, the backgrounds of the FF characters are completely different in KH. KH is completely non-canon to FF in the truest sense of the word.

Most of the FF characters come from Radiant Garden. Leon and the others were still kids when Radiant Garden was being taken by the darkness, but Cid led the evacuation and they ended up in Traverse Town.

Leon's real name is actually still Squall too, as Aerith tries to call him. However, he abandoned that name after the events of Radiant Garden being taken, as he felt it represented his weakness and cowardice that he displayed as a child.

Tidus, Wakka, and Selfie are kids that grew up on Destiny Islands with Sora, Riku, and Kairi. Sora even references them as close friends before going to sleep at the end of Chain of Memories.

Cloud is also from Radiant Garden, and Sephiroth is "the darkness in his heart". While they have never explicitly stated it, this effectively makes Sephiroth Cloud's Heartless.

The only character that has a similar background is Auron, as when Sora, Donald, and Goofy touched the figurine that held his soul captive in the Underworld, we hear direct lines of his from FFX, from his time serving as Braska's guardian alongside Jecht in FFX.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Everyone's talking about Kingdom Hearts and I'm just playing Metroid...

In addition to Hunters I'm going through a Metroid NES playthrough...this game is extremely unforgiving...

D

Deleted member

Everyones talking about kingdom hearts, meanwhile, I finally made a facebook account. : ^ )

https://www.facebook.com/BattaTheBeast

Bleh, forums are the best anyway. Then again you don't get an awesome cover photo on your profile.

I'm probably only posting this because I have nothing better to do.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The original Metroid is the definition of dated game design.

Some of the things it requires you to do are insane.
To be fair, most NES games are like that. I mean Zelda 1 is unplayable without a map and even then the game hasn't aged well at all.

Hell, most NES games haven't aged particularly well aside from Megaman, Castlevania, Contra, TMNT 2/3, Punch Out, Kirby's Adventure, Tetris and SMB1

Chrono.

The original Metroid is the definition of dated game design.

Some of the things it requires you to do are insane.
Same goes for Zelda I.

Pretty much why ALttP and Super Metroid are basically the same game as their first, but like, actually functional.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I know there is little to no one here that reads the Attack on Titan manga, but all I have to say after reading Chapter 82, which just came out today, is...

Poor Armin.:sadeyes:

Yep, Armin Arlert, part of the Shiganshina trio/main character trio, has been killed off. He sacrificed his life so that he could serve as a decoy against the Colossal Titan in order to buy time for Eren to break out and ambush the Beast Titan. In his dying words as he was scorched alive, Armin passes the dream of seeing the ocean to Eren. RIP Armin. Way to go out like a true hero...

On the bright side, Hange is alive, the Armored Titan has finally been defeated, and we should finally learn what's in the basement very soon.

Well, I feel better now that I wrote down my thoughts.

I also finally watched the new Pokemon XY&Z episode featuring the Ash vs Wulfric rematch, and it was pretty darn cool. The only thing left to do for today is to watch that Death Battle featuring Joker vs Sweet Tooth, and today is a wrap!

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
"Alright, Lunatic Chapter 25 may be hard but I got Shurikenbreaker in time so I think it'll be doable"
*sees enemy placement*
*sees enemy skills*
*tries it once and gets my *** kicked*
"**** it"
How to cheese Conquest Chapter 25 on Lunatic in 8 easy steps
1. Get Corrin to at least 35 speed or 37 if no Draconic Hex so she can double him
2. Shuriken or Tome classes make this easier
3. Place her near the left south door so that she's still in Ryoma's range and make her drink as many tonics as you can
4. Have a unit use your best rally(Rally speed allows Corrin to outspeed if she has 37). Grandmaster's Rally Spectrum helps a lot since it has 4 range
5. Wait patiently for 20 turns
5x. Optional: Place an unit that won't get doubled and has 2 range near the right door, Xander is bulky enough to survive a Rend Heaven or Astra, Ryoma will attack them as long as they're in range, this is mostly to help Corrin if she's too weak to take out Ryoma alone
6. Kill him while praying your 49% attacks hit
7. ????
8. Dracoshield

In this case, a Rally Defense and Rally Spectrum were used
Xander had enough speed to double Ryoma so he took the kill
I got lucky with a Mjolnr crit so that also sped things up
Now onto Iago's Hex/Hax/Hacks Funhouse
You didn't get the Silence staff?

You poor soul...

Chrono.

I know there is little to no one here that reads the Attack on Titan manga, but all I have to say after reading Chapter 82, which just came out today, is...

Poor Armin.:sadeyes:

Yep, Armin Arlert, part of the Shiganshina trio/main character trio, has been killed off. He sacrificed his life so that he could serve as a decoy against the Colossal Titan in order to buy time for Eren to break out and ambush the Beast Titan. In his dying words as he was scorched alive, Armin passes the dream of seeing the ocean to Eren. RIP Armin. Way to go out like a true hero...

On the bright side, Hange is alive, the Armored Titan has finally been defeated, and we should finally learn what's in the basement very soon.

Well, I feel better now that I wrote down my thoughts.

I also finally watched the new Pokemon XY&Z episode featuring the Ash vs Wulfric rematch, and it was pretty darn cool. The only thing left to do for today is to watch that Death Battle featuring Joker vs Sweet Tooth, and today is a wrap!
At least the plot is finally moving. Sad about Armin though, he was my favorite.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Here's the NEW thread for my KH3 predictions:

http://forums.khinsider.com/kingdom-hearts-iii/211246-re-my-kh3-disney-world-prediction-list-extravaganza.html#post6401682…

Do take a look sometime if you haven't seen it yet.
Read through your list now that it wasn't broken. :p

One that really sticks out among your list of Runners Up is Barsoon. The thing is, I don't think Disney has the John Carter license anymore since, like Tarzan, it's not public domain. So I'm not sure if it's even possible. :p

And I'm glad you agree that Hunchback wasn't handled as well as it could have been. It's my favorite film and we didn't get a Frollo boss fight. Just a rainbow bat thing...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Same goes for Zelda I.

Pretty much why ALttP and Super Metroid are basically the same game as their first, but like, actually functional.
Actually ALOT of SNES games are like that.

Super Castlevania 4 is literally Castlevania 1, but better. Final Fantasy 4 is the same way, Super Ghouls and Ghost and Contra 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom