• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Uhhhh... No. GamerGate was definitely rotten from the start. That was on them. You can talk about ethics without associating yourself with that group.

Plenty of people has and still criticizes journalism to this day without resorting to GG things, even people who are vocally against GG.
It is true that about how it started out but when you see how bad how Polygon gotten and people are actually seeing through Kotaku's crap (Gawker as well) I think there's a reason.

My issue is that it took you NOW to care and we still talking about it.

Where was this Twitter movement when Journalists crapped on Gamers for wanting a better game in Mass Effect 3 and call them spoiled and entitled.

I'm dropping it now because we let stuff like this happen and we make ourselves and the community look bad when we go after each other

I think this is the E3 where my expectations are the lowest of all E3's I've watched.

But now that I have a Xbox One, I now have a real reason to watch the Microsoft presentation.
You might like it

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Uhhhh... No. GamerGate was definitely rotten from the start. That was on them. You can talk about ethics without associating yourself with that group.

Plenty of people has and still criticizes journalism to this day without resorting to GG things, even people who are vocally against GG.
Thing is....

I don't know if I can believe ya.

There's so much **** going around that everyone seems like an asshole. I don't even know how everything started because I've heard a bajillion things from a bajillion sides.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Thing is....

I don't know if I can believe ya.

There's so much **** going around that everyone seems like an *******. I don't even know how everything started because I've heard a bajillion things from a bajillion sides.
TBH I don't blame you. But for what it's worth a friend of mine hung out with Zoe Quinn irl several times and there wasn't any problems, so take it as you will.

It is true that about how it started out but when you see how bad how Polygon gotten and people are actually seeing through Kotaku's crap (Gawker as well) I think there's a reason.

My issue is that it took you NOW to care and we still talking about it.

Where was this Twitter movement when Journalists crapped on Gamers for wanting a better game in Mass Effect 3 and call them spoiled and entitled.

I'm dropping it now because we let stuff like this happen and we make ourselves and the community look bad when we go after each other
I apologize for coming across as rude, I didn't mean any ill intent towards you. I just had pretty irritating experiences with that group.

However, I will mention that it's not true that it took me til now to care about GG. The whole GG drama has bothered me since its beginnings. Had a long time friend insulting me for not supporting that group and said I'm not a "true feminist" (wut?). I was already kinda on the verge to cut ties with him since he had been becoming pretty awful. Kind of a shame though.

And yeah, I'm pretty aware how bad journalism can be. The thing is though, many people have known that for years. Way before GG was a thing. But I'll drop our discussion to each other about this out of respect.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was never that concerned with Gamergate because doing so would only put a label on me that would try to force how people view me from both sides.

I'd rather not have such labels dictate my experiences with the community, and I don't really care what others think about me for it.

I like to play video games because I find them fun and engaging, and I use gaming news outlets to keep up with the latest PR announcements and rumours. I would also like to make my own video games some day.

I don't think it has to be any more complicated than that.

Naoshi

On a different subject. Everyone's "favorite" Wario game is coming to Wii U's DS VC in America tomorrow!

That's right, Wario Master of Disguise!!

:D

D:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I played Wario: Master of Disguise when I was younger and thought it was pretty good.

I got stuck in it though, IIRC, and never finished it.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I'm actually super hyped for E3 now because I've been waiting for Zelda for sooo long.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I thought I started to get Majora's Mask, but I still barely know anything.

The Bombers book is usefull once you stumble upon some stuff. But sometimes like for when a Goron is meant to check in the inn at some time and the lady just tells me theres no room and nothing seems to happen until the event is over in the timelime. Idk what I'm supposed to do.

Or what happens after the Postman delivers a letter to that missing purple hair guy WHO IS CLEARLY THAT DUDE WHO COMES OUT OF THE DOOR IN THE LAUNDRY WHEN YOU RING THE BELL BUT HE PRETENDS I'M NOT THERE.

>,<

Maybe I should start working on the Swamp dungeon after I do some business in the Deku Palace.

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I do wonder what changes would Corrin get in the PM version of Smash 4 (Aside of having Grab combos)?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>There is an official leather wallet of Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina as part of the Super Moschino line
>"Oh hey, new Rosalina merchandise. I should consider buying it in the future. Wish it didn't have her forced in with Peach and Daisy though, people would get the wrong impression if I used it, though I guess I could just display it and keep using my Freedom Planet wallet"
>Checks the price
>It's $200
>RRP, not a scalper price

I guess I definitely won't be getting it then.

D

Deleted member

It's 2016 and I still have no idea what the **** a GamerGate is

D

Deleted member

VisualBoyAdvance 2016-06-07 21-39-40-71.png
This is what I hope the choice of the three starters would be when I was a young kid. : ^ )

And if you think this fight is one sided.
VisualBoyAdvance 2016-06-07 21-47-45-82.png
n0pe.

Been doing a random run with the hoen trio as starters. This was my team when I last left off.
VisualBoyAdvance 2016-06-07 23-04-23-48.png

I was doing a completely random run(including movesets and everything.) but eh, it wasn't as fun with completely random movesets. So that's why I didn't go with the run where I got lucky enough to get a male gardevoir as a choice along with either a metagross or kaputops. :p

D

Deleted member

It's 2016 and I still have no idea what the **** a GamerGate is
The correct answer is to not care, TBH. :p Especially since no one can really agree on what it is and it's not revelvant at all anymore anyway.

In fact, I'm surprised it's brought up in this thread so often, yet alone at all.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I prefer having my own viewpoint on things.

Fact is, a lot of people are misinformed and, sadly, there's also been many cases of willful ignorance.

Actions speak louder than words and demands. This actually goes for both SJWs and GGers.

The problem often doesn't lie in the ideas themselves, but on how people present those ideas.

Both "equality in gender, race, sexuality, etc. in video games" and "integrity in gaming journalism" are good on paper, but what have those people actually done in order to sell those ideas? (Well, besides being behind a keyboard acting like they're some authorities in the matter, that is.)

If the SJW crowd wants so much inclusion, why not actually try to work on a game that promotes that?

If people want integrity in journalism, why don't they start their own news outlet?

I'm not saying anyone can snap fingers and get everything done, but, as an expression familiar to me goes, Rome wasn't built in one day either.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
You know, with all of the teasing Boon did in regards to Rain in MKX.

It'd be pretty hilarious if he was a guest character in Injustice 2.

Naoshi

I expected some Shrek jokes because of Swamp Thing being an option.

Pleasantly surprised there were none.
It amazes me how a good movie from 2001 became the ultimate ****posting meme more than a decade later. lol

Last edited:

_Silver_

I don't even know anymore.
NNID
coffeeman65
3DS FC
1349-8695-1576
Still (un)surprising that Moon still surpasses Sun in the votes for this thread

D

Deleted member

It amazes me how a good movie from 2002 became the ultimate ****posting meme more than a decade later. lol
Not really if you think about it. It's just like how everyone abuses spongebob meme, it's just the generation that grew up with all of the popular stuff from that era makes up a pretty huge bulk of people on the internet and especially memesters.(You even have other stuff from around the same time memed to a lesser extent like B movie and Cory in the House.) Not to say that there aren't people frothat geneartion who love these memes. *CoughRaySipeCough*

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

It amazes me how a good movie from 2001 became the ultimate ****posting meme more than a decade later. lol
Honestly I found it more surprising how Cory in the House of all things became a meme way after the show had ended.

The internet is a strange phenomenon.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So I finally heard that they trying are make Miis legal at EVO.

I hope so. They aren't even major threats to top tiers despite what everyone believes.

Ain't like Mii Brawler is gonna take EVO.

Besides, they don't have massive balance issues like customs and considering what happen with customs last year, it did absolutely nothing for the Top 8 except for a Wario making out of top 32 and beating a Rosalina

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I think we already know what the answer is.
I like how Blue Beetle and Swamp Thing are pretty much tied, both would be great.
Captain Cold seems to have some sort of presence anyway but he'd still be cool

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think we already know what the answer is.
I mean let's be honest though...all three are getting in.

People saw Captain Cold's gun in the trailer.
Swamp Thing is massively popular.
Blue Beetle is being pushed more lately in the comics and also is quite popular.

I'd honestly be surprised at this point if any of these three didn't happen.

Naoshi

Not really if you think about it. It's just like how everyone abuses spongebob meme, it's just the generation that grew up with all of the popular stuff from that era makes up a pretty huge bulk of people on the internet and especially memesters.(You even have other stuff from around the same time memed to a lesser extent like B movie and Cory in the House.) Not to say that there aren't people frothat geneartion who love these memes. *CoughRaySipeCough*
I'm not too shock about Spongebob since it had so many great episodes that it was pretty exploitable. I feel it is Nickolodeon's "The Simpsons" in that regard.

Chrono.

I know Injustice was guilty of having a lot of Batman but... I'd like Red Hood to be in (bonus points if they include an Arkham Knight outfit). Another one would be Static.

That said, I know jack about DC and the first game wasn't enjoyable to me. I'll wait and see what direction they go with this one.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I still want Power Girl, Static, Starfire, Beastboy and Captain Cold in Injustice 2

Static would be day one main for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom