• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Hey Social thread, how's it go-
>People whining about perfectly fine meme references/ cameos
>People whining people whining
>Practically nothing else other than Fire and Ice

Oh boy what wonderful topics. /sarcasm

Fun fact: there are at least two different Tumblr blogs dedicated to documenting names like this that pop up in Splatoon.

Many of the names are NSFW, so only click these links if you're willing to see things like that, but if you found this funny then you might want to check these out.

http://splatoon-names.tumblr.com/archive
http://splatoon-usernames.tumblr.com/archive
>Suck dong
What I want know is how that username is allowed.

:094:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I can understand potentially banning some custom moves if they become too powerful, but that's about it. Or at least specific custom combinations if those are too strong together. Either way, restricting them to the same 1111 is dumb. Especially when the bigger issue is what weight they are. I understand why it's hard to gauge them in competitive play.
I mean, it's pretty well understood that the weight would be kept at default due to the fact that Brawler has a pretty easy kill confirm with FAir>UpB when he/she's the smallest size. :p It's just the special moves that need to be fully expanded.

---

Injustice 2! Glad Aquaman's back, though I didn't have any doubts. Glad Grodd's apparently in too. Weird that Wonder Woman wasn't shown from the start though.

And yay Mega Man Pop figure!

And anti-fans are so much worse than any supposedly-toxic fanbase. So much worse.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
btw, nobody mentioned how Mega Man's getting Pop! figurines
No seriously, what HASN'T got a Pop Figurine yet other than Nintendo?

Arguably, I'm more of a "90's baby" or "90's toddler"
I was a 90's fetus, does that count?

No but seriously, I think it's just people who experience whatever was in those 10 years they were young. Like, they were born in 1987 or something, and got to experience the 90's in full when they were a child. I dunno, seems really technical.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Help me, I'm getting the urge to draw Vulpes and I don't know why.

We don't get to see her smile in the trailer because she's all stressed and stuff the whole time. I should change that.

I also just realised I picked her guild in Unchained Chi (which I should really get back to). Go figure I end up having an irrational thing for the character.

Last edited:

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I wonder how much longer until people start complaining in the comments about it being a figure and not a game.

Looks like they haven't gotten to that point yet on this site, but after the way people reacted to D-Arts and First 4 Figures it's bound to happen on some site somewhere on the internet eventually.

Usually I don't follow the Mega Man fanbase closely enough to be exposed to what their blemish is, but glancing at comments for figure announcements has been an exception and they've been misbehaving plenty in that regard.
I cannot nor will defend everything the fanbase has done, but I think you're stereotyping the fanbase a little bit too much in this post. I do agree, however, complaining about D-Arts is ridiculous. thefirst4figurewasuglythough

The Mega Man fanbase right now is pretty mixed. It's negative, but I don't think it's unnecessarily negative without reason most of the time if that makes sense. I don't even know where to begin with the **** that's been going on with that franchise over the past few years as I don't know if I'm apart of the problem or not or if there is a problem to begin with. :laugh:

I cried manly tears listening to this for the first time. I'd pay hard cash to hear them play classic Sonic tunes with the same energy they display here.
:4megaman::4sonic:

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Let's see... still way too many collectables, worm running again, blocky level design again, races again, submarine again...

What part of this was suppose to be an improvement so far?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Nevermind, my wish has already been satisfied.

Apparently the Vulpes guild is the biggest and most popular one and wins all of the weekly competitions.

So that's why they made her the main protagonist of Back Cover and the one who prepares for the eventual Doomsday of Daybreak Town.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I cannot nor will defend everything the fanbase has done, but I think you're stereotyping the fanbase a little bit too much in this post. I do agree, however, complaining about D-Arts is ridiculous. thefirst4figurewasuglythough

The Mega Man fanbase right now is pretty mixed. It's negative, but I don't think it's unnecessarily negative without reason most of the time if that makes sense. I don't even know where to begin with the **** that's been going on with that franchise over the past few years as I don't know if I'm apart of the problem or not or if there is a problem to begin with. :laugh:

I cried manly tears listening to this for the first time. I'd pay hard cash to hear them play classic Sonic tunes with the same energy they display here.
:4megaman::4sonic:
Yeah, I realized a second later that after the conversation that had just gone on I was stereotyping a bit much and edited on a part.

I really deeply apologize, I shouldn't have said all this. :urg:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Let's see... still way too many collectables, worm running again, blocky level design again, races again, submarine again...

They said they noted criticism and if you compare the trailer, it's a much prettier looking game now. As always with Sonic games it's best to wait and see

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Shattered Crystal really wasn't a bad game.

It was just so obviously designed for kids.

Fire & Ice looks like more of the same but it does look like it has better pacing and the characters look faster so I might get it.

Help me, I'm getting the urge to draw Vulpes and I don't know why.

We don't get to see her smile in the trailer because she's all stressed and stuff the whole time. I should change that.

I also just realised I picked her guild in Unchained Chi (which I should really get back to). Go figure I end up having an irrational thing for the character.
And here I am in Unicornis because NeoGAF has a guild there. Hurray for being evil >_>
Nevermind, my wish has already been satisfied.

Apparently the Vulpes guild is the biggest and most popular one and wins all of the weekly competitions.

So that's why they made her the main protagonist of Back Cover and the one who prepares for the eventual Doomsday of Daybreak Town.
Actually in both japanese versions Unicoris is the leader by a huge margin. She wins US though. (EU just got announced so who knows what will be there)

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I see some slight differences (it looks a little prettier, it flows a bit more), but the trailer doesn't really show much compared to the first. I honestly just need a video with about 5 minutes of gameplay in order to decide if I'm interested in it.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yeah, I realized a second later that after the conversation that had just gone on I was stereotyping a bit much and edited on a part.

I really deeply apologize, I shouldn't have said all this. :urg:
You're fine, I've done it myself a couple times as well. lol

There's just a lot of mixed feelings. A stupid amount of game cancellations, mishandling important PRs, Inafune leaving, Xover's quality, Inafune's BS with Mighty #9, Archie Comics going on hiatus/being cancelled without explanation, and questionable concept art for a cartoon that arguably sounds more radically different than Sonic Boom & Ruby Spears.

On the other hand, we've gotten some really awesome merchandise over the past few years. Complete OSTs to the entire Classic & X series, official helmets & statues, re-releases on PSN, Smash Bros. + Amiibo, game compilations, artbooks, and Hitoshi Ariga stuff.

When I see people asking for a new game, I can't help but somewhat agree at this point as it feels like Capcom has been testing the waters long enough and it no longer feels like just elitist entitlement. I'm guessing we won't get anything until late next year, however.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, I was watching a video of an athiest talking about Islam

and in the comment section someone mentioned, "I think the main difference with Islam and other judaistic beliefs is the the other judaistic beliefs are born out of oppression during the roman empire, to explain "why are we suffering?" and "is there no justice?". While Islam is born for oppressing and gathering people for war."

Anyone know how correct that is?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
https://twitter.com/EvilMrWizard/status/740609347110084609
RIP Miis at EVO
(even though im pretty sure the poll is 54 to 46 right now

I just misclicked and missed a line about a "theater" and Lincoln. That was probably a fun line I just missed. . .welp.

Although the bio for Henry makes a subtle nod to Red Badge of Courage "changing him." Since I loved that book I also love that line.

Enjoying Codename STEAM so far. Thank god for that patch that sped everything up, turning taht awkward demo into waht is currently a very enjoyable experience (only 2 areas past the prologue but still)

My only issue (ignoring the accuracy thing but that is more of a genre thing than STEAM'S Fault) is that the game mechanics seem like they would be spectacular for a tower defense kind of thing. A lot of strength comes from the defending side it seems with angles and movement seemingly meant to have things funnel as if it was a defense game. Will keep updated as I play.

Also now I want FE amiibo >_>

A Distant Demon A Distant Demon How did you escape from the Illuminati?
There is no escaping something that encompasses everything.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
It's a shame.

The movement started as something everyone could get behind. Journalistic integrity.

Then somehow it got warped to... something else.

**** man... What even happened?
Gamergate was like this from the start. I remember reading parts of IRC logs of this before they had the name when they were discussing about Zoe Quinn and such. It was pretty gross.

They used "corruption in journalism" as a mask to make themselves look good and fool people not knowing better into the group. The nastiness of GamerGate was like that before it even coined the term. It was never good.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth , you were born in the 80's, right? What's your view on this? Would you see yourself as a "90's Kid?"

----
Considering I barely remember the 80's... besides some cartoons at best, 90's works better for me.
I mean, it's pretty well understood that the weight would be kept at default due to the fact that Brawler has a pretty easy kill confirm with FAir>UpB when he/she's the smallest size. :p It's just the special moves that need to be fully expanded.
To be fair, the weight thing being kept a default is still a decision to make. I didn't know of that rule, just the dumb 1111 one.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
There is no escaping something that encompasses everything.
But you're here now so they obviously let you go right? Or did they brainwash you?

Last edited:

Soul.

P5 box art complaints are hilarious. It's a box art; that won't ruin the game... I thought it was changed so the cat would be visible on the cover. Nothing about censorship.

Also, new Zelda art is amazing.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Aladdin, for whatever reason. Jasmine and Genie have Pops, but not Aladdin himself.
Oh, huh. You're right. Even Jafar has one, and they've made multiple versions of Jasmine... Why, though? I mean, that's the main character...

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I was browsing the Sonic Stadium Message Boards and someone found a leak on 4Chan about Lego Dimensions. The pictures are rather small, but it should be clear what it is.

If you can't tell, it looks like a hand holding a ring (guess who it is) and Finn from Adventure Time

Aladdin, for whatever reason. Jasmine and Genie have Pops, but not Aladdin himself.
When do we get a figure for Carpet? Who needs that street rat anyway :troll:

But you're here now so they obviously let you go right?
What makes you think that?

Where is here? What is here? How would I get there? How can I be taken away from that which does not exist? There is only. . .nothingness.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I was browsing the Sonic Stadium Message Boards and someone found a leak on 4Chan about Lego Dimensions. The pictures are rather small, but it should be clear what it is.

If you can't tell, it looks like a hand holding a ring (guess who it is) and Finn from Adventure Time
I love how over the past 24 hours, so many Dimensions things have leaked. :laugh:

Oh, huh. You're right. Even Jafar has one, and they've made multiple versions of Jasmine... Why, though? I mean, that's the main character...
People have been asking why forever...still no answer. From what I've read he's one of the most wanted ones just because he doesn't have one yet. :p I'd probably start collecting Pops if they made him, since there's quite a few I really want (Pac-Man, Captain America, Ant-Man, Baloo, Scarlet Witch, Elsa, Captain Jack Sparrow, Rapunzel, Hatbox Ghost (RIP wallet), etc), but Aladdin would force my hand. I'm a sucker for Disney-based collectibles and I'm still in need of a substitute for my DI niche. :p

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Gamergate was like this from the start. I remember reading parts of IRC logs of this before they had the name when they were discussing about Zoe Quinn and such. It was pretty gross.

They used "corruption in journalism" as a mask to make themselves look good and fool people not knowing better into the group. The nastiness of GamerGate was like that before it even coined the term. It was never good.
Wasn't Zoe Quinn the cause of the journalistic integrity thing though?

Naoshi

Wasn't Zoe Quinn the cause of the journalistic integrity thing though?
All she got was her Depression Quest game mentioned on a site or two. The game barely reviewed anywhere and it was only a free little game. The whole alleged sleeping around with 5 men was never proven either. Her EX-BF also seemed like a real slimy person who has been harassing her via court many times (and was the one that kickstarted the GamerGate movement by spreading that alleged rumor)

I don't have an opinion on Zoe Quinn herself but the whole thing with GG was very suspect since the start to me.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Judaism was waaaaaaaay before the Romans.

And Christianity is Judaism part two, so no.

Not correct. It was actually rather nice to other peoples.
I think they meant Judaism-based beliefs such as Christianity

And after research, I belief the reason they stated Islam was created for war is because Muhammed spent the last 10 years of his life in war

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
What makes you think that?

Where is here? What is here? How would I get there? How can I be taken away from that which does not exist? There is only. . .nothingness.
So brainwashing it is then.

Hope you don't hold a grudge against me for me accidentally telling the Illuminati where you live. We cool right?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I think this is the E3 where my expectations are the lowest of all E3's I've watched.

But now that I have a Xbox One, I now have a real reason to watch the Microsoft presentation.

_Sheik

Smash Lord

The sweet lady who sang Vesperia's opening is back to perform Asteria's third opening! Didn't top Ring a Bell in my book. And the animation looks really weird here.

I think this is the E3 where my expectations are the lowest of all E3's I've watched.

But now that I have a Xbox One, I now have a real reason to watch the Microsoft presentation.
I have exactly the same feelings, except that I have a reason to watch Sony's presentation instead of Microsoft's.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I know aloe of people kinda figured that GG was just something that shouldn't happen but man the other side of the spectrum is just bad as them if not worst sometimes.

Especially considering that they let trolls who aren't even a part of GG and just there to stir up problems and think people who are like that who maybe actually want ethics is seem like an asshole.

Just saying. And to tell you the truth, I was on that side of pro-GG for like 3 months until people just didn't let it go after like 6 months

Naoshi

I know aloe of people kinda figured that GG was just something that shouldn't happen but man the other side of the spectrum is just bad as them if not worst sometimes.

Especially considering that they let trolls who aren't even a part of GG and just there to stir up problems and think people who are like that who maybe actually want ethics is seem like an *******.

Just saying. And to tell you the truth, I was on that side of pro-GG for like 3 months until people just didn't let it go after like 6 months
Uhhhh... No. GamerGate was definitely rotten from the start. That was on them. You can talk about ethics without associating yourself with that group.

Plenty of people has and still criticizes journalism to this day without resorting to GG things, even people who are vocally against GG.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom