• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
But it's also such an incredibly small minority that it's not worth paying attention to. People blowing it out of proportion is the real issue, IMO. Don't go saying "the Sonic fanbase said this" when it was literally two individuals.
Look at that trailer. Minority? Most likely. Doesn't mean I can't criticize them for being morons who convince people the stereotype is true
You can't be serious

This is gonna suck
"Honhon, oui at oobisuf haf ard yoo americans luv le memes! Matenant, oui shal make new rabbids, like Dat Rabbid, U Rabbid? and more! Yoo do not like zis? Zut alors!"

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's like shows like Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, and Adventure Time never exist to these 90's Kids.

And this is coming form a 90's Kid herself.
People say that kids shows are too weak today and not as dark as they used to clearly didn't see the **** that goes down in all three shows. Take this lovely image from Weirdmagaddon for example.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
LOL Are 90's Kids truly that bad that they warrant having the mention of "worst fandom"?

http://www.thetoptens.com/worst-fandoms-groups-internet/

What's a Roblox? :troll:
Here's something that's been on my mind for a while:

What's your definition of a "90's Kid?"

Normally, I'd say it's someone born early-mid 90's, but others think it's someone born mid-late 80's, as they would've experienced the 90's in full.
Their mid childhood (7-9 years) would be in the 90's, where mine was at the turn of the millennium (1999-2001); I was born July 1992.

Some lists talk about the SNES and Genesis as the big consoles, but the consoles in my childhood were the Game Boy (Color), Playstation, and N64. They also mention Pogs, but I don't really remember those. I was born a bit too late for that. The big collectable fad-thing were the Pokemon cards. I remember shows like Legends of the Hidden Temple, but I was a toddler, so I wasn't yet old enough to chat with schoolmates about how to put together the silver monkey (as some lists put it)

Arguably, I'm more of a "90's baby" or "90's toddler"

@Pinkamena Diane Pie, you were born in the 80's, right? What's your view on this? Would you see yourself as a "90's Kid?"

----

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
People say that kids shows are too weak today and not as dark as they used to clearly didn't see the **** that goes down in all three shows. Take this lovely image from Weirdmagaddon for example.

This. And let's not forget how an LOL random comedy like Adventure Time has this "lovely" fellow as an antagonist.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Look at that trailer. Minority? Most likely. Doesn't mean I can't criticize them for being morons who convince people the stereotype is true

"Honhon, oui at oobisuf haf ard yoo americans luv le memes! Matenant, oui shal make new rabbids, like Dat Rabbid, U Rabbid? and more! Yoo do not like zis? Zut alors!"
I wouldn't use a YouTube trailer as a reference. Keep in mind there are a lot of non-Sonic fans disliking that trailer too. The kind of people who only know of Sonic Boom from Rise of Lyric, or hang on Egoraptor's every word regarding the Sonic franchise.

Chrono.

Fire & Ice doesn't look spectacular, but at least it doesn't look like the total snooze fest Shattered Crystal was.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I wouldn't use a YouTube trailer as a reference. Keep in mind there are a lot of non-Sonic fans disliking that trailer too. The kind of people who only know of Sonic Boom from Rise of Lyric, or hang on Egoraptor's every word regarding the Sonic franchise.
Except if there weren't fans or were Egoraptor fantards, they wouldn't have constantly brought up SA3, nonfans have nothing to do with it, why would they want it? Egoraptor hates the games and his fantards would hate them too

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
In lighter news.

Except if there weren't fans or were Egoraptor fantards, they wouldn't have constantly brought up SA3, nonfans have nothing to do with it, why would they want it? Egoraptor hates the games and his fantards would hate them too
"Why would non-fans constantly whine and beg for a numerical sequel to one of the most popular Sonic games among non-fans?"

It's like we've learned nothing from non-fans of Kingdom Hearts and KH3.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't understand why people are disliking Fire and Ice NOW.

Like what?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Generalizing and stereotyping seems to be a little too common when it comes to fandoms today. I'm sure they exist for a reason, however. There are of course going to be some instances out there where some prominently bad fans do show themselves and their...attitudes. And as that happened more and more often, word of the fanbases spread from mouth to mouth. This combined with enough bad prominence existing already leads to generalizing, and certain recurring traits they have will lead to stereotyping.

Now the problem here is that people hold too much "faith" in these stereotypes. It leads to a whole lot of being judged and mocked right on the spot for, as an example, simply for sporting an avatar of something they like.

In a situation between one fandom and people who despise though, I would say both sides are at fault. Neither side should be making as big of a deal out of whatever as they should be. The fandom must've done something significant to gather so much hate. They can be faulted for that, but the "anti-fans" are also at fault for treating every fan they see like ****. I just can't wrap my head around how someone can possibly believe that every single individual in a massive fanbase is "bad".

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't understand why people are disliking Fire and Ice NOW.

Like what?
It's a combination of "it's a Sonic Boom game and those are ****" (which it was getting flak for before), and the uninformed people who think it's the 25th Anniversary game.

Basically, uninformed people think this game is the Sonic equivalent to Federation Force.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I definitely agree. Though even being too nice to everyone can result in harm.

It's great to be generally kind, respectful, and even generous.(Things would be way better if most people were.) But being too kind and easy going can be harmful. And an example of this is my my boyfriend not sticking up for me whatsoever when a person threatens me or people gang up on me. Simply because he says he wants to be kind to everyone. Which I don't love him any less for that, but it still hurts and honestly builds up some distrust.
Ow... being excellent and generous (the two more important imo) doesn't necessarily mean being kind and respectful. At times, they're mutually exclusive. For the sake of being an example of manliness and excellence to others, while shaming their poor behavior for picking on you (and thus hopefully improving the jerks for their sake as well as yours and his), he ought put himself in between you and the others first (be it physically or otherwise). But, I think most situations can be resolved towards excellence diplomatically, kindly if not respectfully. If he can de-escalate the situation and more prevent it from happening in the future, that would be most excellent unto everyone involved.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Can I just say...

I'm getting real sick of how often nerds dislike youtube videos.

Like, they do almost nothing but complain anymore and that's just one outlet of it.

I can't stand it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Can I just say...

Like, they do almost nothing but complain anymore and that's just one outlet of it.

I can't stand it.
ur obviously a nerd for nerds because ur complainin' about nerds

:V

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Weeaboo this, weeaboo that. It's just the thing that will never die when it comes to liking anything Japanese related.

Words can't describe how I need to facepalm when people do such posts for getting the attention a troll desires.
Truth be told, because it desperately needs to be told.

Weeaboo has become a buzzword now and there's a lot of insecure tryhards that throw it around to make themselves seem "cool".

Hell, I'm not going to pretend I'm a saint, because I also have my insecurities and my bouts of faux pride, which makes me bring the question: who doesn't?

I'm not going to **** on anyone who doesn't watch anime for whatever reason. Might not be someone's cup of tea (though it's never unwise to give a show a try) but what matters for me in the end is whether I have fun watching a show or not.

Am I critical of many things about anime and the fanbase? Yes, but that's precisely because I like anime. Criticizing is good when you want higher standards of quality. It's what makes evolution possible.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
From the Deus Ex: Mankind Divided's multiplayer mode.

#5 on the left list.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Can I just say...

I can't stand it.
YouTube algorithms promote based on amount of likes / dislikes, so they're actually helping the video Kappa
Besides that, there are numerous reasons to dislike videos. I guarantee some are more sensible / take the whole thing less seriously and reward (dis)likes more frivolously.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

They mention that Sonic fans in Europe might want to tune into E3.

Also the lay out some plans in general for E3.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Normally, I'd say it's someone born early-mid 90's, but others think it's someone born mid-late 80's, as they would've experienced the 90's in full.
Their mid childhood (7-9 years) would be in the 90's, where mine was at the turn of the millennium (1999-2001); I was born July 1992.

Some lists talk about the SNES and Genesis as the big consoles, but the consoles in my childhood were the Game Boy (Color), Playstation, and N64. They also mention Pogs, but I don't really remember those. I was born a bit too late for that. The big collectable fad-thing were the Pokemon cards. I remember shows like Legends of the Hidden Temple, but I was a toddler, so I wasn't yet old enough to chat with schoolmates about how to put together the silver monkey (as some lists put it)

@Pinkamena Diane Pie, you were born in the 80's, right? What's your view on this? Would you see yourself as a "90's Kid?"

----
I was born in 1995 and I don't really consider myself a 90's kid. Mainly because I was too young to remember anything from that decade sans 1999 which I only remember for Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z, and other things my older siblings were in to. I did, however grow up with a lot of 90's things like the N64, anime that was popular at the time, and other things from that time but I can't really call myself a 90's kid.

I would say being a 90's kid would mean having to be born around 1985-1992. Anything after that wouldn't count IMO.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
ur obviously a nerd for nerds because ur complainin' about nerds

:V
I don't know about him, but I'm a nerd for nerds. :charizard:

. . .But really, everyone complains about complaining about complaining, but I think if it's at the point where the complaining needs to be complained about then there's probably a good reason why you're complaining about complaining that should probably be looked into.

I complain about complaining because people take things way too personally, they way overblow things, they don't even say why they're complaining half the time, and the end result is that it feels really uncomfortable to be around complainers. There's probably a couple of other reasons why they're irritating, too, but those three were the first to come to mind.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Most people disliking Fire and Ice are probably people just going off the "But the first one was so bad!!" rather than judging the game fairly. Sure, it still doesnt look like the best thing ever but it certainly looks miles better than shattered crystal and obviously rise of lyric.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I wonder how much longer until someone starts complaining in the comments about it being a figure and not a game.

Looks like they haven't gotten to that point yet on this site, but after the way people reacted to D-Arts and First 4 Figures it's bound to happen on some site somewhere on the internet eventually.

Usually I don't follow the Mega Man fanbase closely enough to be exposed to what their blemish is, but glancing at comments for figure announcements has been an exception and they've been misbehaving plenty in that regard.

Yes I know not all the fans are like that, that's why it hasn't popped up yet. But the vocal minority that everyone stereotypes on is going to show their quirk sooner or later.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ow... being excellent and generous (the two more important imo) doesn't necessarily mean being kind and respectful. At times, they're mutually exclusive. For the sake of being an example of manliness and excellence to others, while shaming their poor behavior for picking on you (and thus hopefully improving the jerks for their sake as well as yours and his), he ought put himself in between you and the others first (be it physically or otherwise). But, I think most situations can be resolved towards excellence diplomatically, kindly if not respectfully. If he can de-escalate the situation and more prevent it from happening in the future, that would be most excellent unto everyone involved.
Yeah, definitely. I'm not saying he should cuss them out, then there'd be no point. Sensible reasoning from someone besides myself is all I really want from him when it comes to that.

And for the record, him and I are anything but manly. :p

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
From the Deus Ex: Mankind Divided's multiplayer mode.

#5 on the left list.
Fun fact: there are at least two different Tumblr blogs dedicated to documenting names like this that pop up in Splatoon.

Many of the names are NSFW, so only click these links if you're willing to see things like that, but if you found this funny then you might want to check these out.

http://splatoon-names.tumblr.com/archive
http://splatoon-usernames.tumblr.com/archive

----
I was born in 1996, but I consider myself as 00's kid than 90's kid. Most TV shows I watched as a kid aired during early 2000s, and my first console was PS2.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom