• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Or maybe they're not trying to one up each other with "artificial empathy" but are actually empathetic and truly believe in what they say.
I don't think Empathy should blind rational

I always have customers that try to manipulate my empathy in order to take advantage of me and make me do something against company policy/ even against US federal law

Empathy is nothing more an evolved characteristic to help our species survive more as a collective.

It isn't good or evil

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
*Walks in on a political discussion*

Uhh....so I just got another 100% completion at 3:26 on my latest playthrough of AM2R...got the Helmetless Samus artwork...

Next playthough I'm going to try an probably inevitably fail at an under 2 hour run...probably going to have to skip a bunch of items in order to do so since I'm not skilled enough to speedrun 100% in under 2 hours...

D

Deleted member

Well yeah of course there's always a grey area when it comes to these things. I just think people are so immature with the way they act and can't be bothered to come to a practical, sensible solution. It's always a black and white issue to them when really it's almost always grey. Not a lot of people comprehend that though.

Politics brings out the worst of people so I find. That's why I like to remove myself from all that crap.
Oh, totally, I agree.

I almost feel this is the age of artificial empathy

Where everyone is trying to one up each other by showing how "virtuous they are"

regardless of consequences or reality

As long as their image looks good, or regardless if they actually did anything themselves
I disagree, I think that people truly do care about how others are really doing. I myself just care about people, because I do think that everyone should have the right to come to america(Which is suppose to be a country that welcomes immigrants with open arms BTW.) But where people usually disregard me is when I state that tolerating hatred and bigotry shouldn't be tolerated, regardless of where it comes from. But people pretend that bigotry only comes from one end of the spectrum. It's something that plagues the middle east, there are many good people there, but overall the bad and what the countries are built on in the first place are terrible, and quite frankly people should be afraid of. And that is why I think it is important for refugees to come into our country, so many can escape such oppresion.

So I do agree that some peope are a little too empathical to where nothing at all should be done. But we also shouldn't wrongfully fear all of them, especially the ones that are trying to get away from the disaster.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Exactly the point of why I said it.
I am in no way trying to say all refugees are evil. Of course they aren't

I just think we need to see the problems before jumping on the empathy train

And creating problem like that have happened in Europe like Angela Merkel in Germany opening her borders to all refugees.

And the problems that arise by labeling everyone who is critical as Islamaphobic or racist

And the rise of the far right in Europe because of being tired of all the problems

I just think this is all going to lead to increased violence in the future

I don't think Trump is going to fix all this, I just think Hillary is going to make the wrong things worse.

I feel like instead of equality, everyone is pushing for supremacy. In the name of equality

When one end of the scale is down for some long, the "equal" thing is for it to be on top for a while

Instead of making both ends level

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is this debate thing something that's normal here?
Nah, not really. It is normal for me though because I do it on a day to day basis, it's not anything serious though, I just speak my ideas, it sounds pointless but it builds up to bigger things for me.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Nah, not really. It is normal for me though because I do it on a day to day basis, it's not anything serious though, I just speak my ideas, it sounds pointless but it builds up to bigger things for me.
Well fair enough. I've never really been one for debates since I'm too mellow for it. lol

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Welp we got Gears of War 4 and WWE 2K17 coming out tomorrow and buying a new phone on Thursday

And going to the Peanut Festival this weekend

Pray for my wallet

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
How else am I gonna self insert myself against The Terminator?
The Terminator isn't in 2K17

But we can play as Guile, Wario and Goku as they face John Cena, Brock Lesnar and The Undertaker

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The latest WWE game I bought was '12. I haven't cared about the more recent ones.

Wished they brought back No Mercy/Day of Reckoning gameplay back in the games.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
There was a problem fetching the tweet

So accurate that it hurts.

This is the beauty of the "X character appears, what do you do?" game.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I have no doubt in my mind that the Emoji movie is going to be bad, or teetering towards below mediocrity.

And the political climate just keeps getting worse each day. From changing your mind on placing a ban on the illegal greyhound racing industry, and the moron that is Trump... There's a reason why I grow so apathetic towards political figures in this day and age.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
When you guys were talking about a meme movie, you forgot one major detail.
The baddie of the film is Meme Queen Hillary Clinton.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Tileset resizing sucks. Hopefully this fixes my problem when done.

D

Deleted member

When you guys were talking about a meme movie, you forgot one major detail.
The baddie of the film is Meme Queen Hillary Clinton.
The ony canidate worthy of memes is cheeseburger freedom man.

Gosh why can't we have him, we need to legalize weed and save the bees.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The latest WWE game I bought was '12. I haven't cared about the more recent ones.

Wished they brought back No Mercy/Day of Reckoning gameplay back in the games.
12 was the last game I bought (although it was gifted to me from my brother on my birthday)

I just want to try out the newer ones for the roster and do those fun CAW matches

Although I do want the DoR gameplay back since it was crazy quick and fun.

Also the soundtracks were great

I love how the GameCube had the best wrestling games more than the PS2 and the Xbox

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
The refugee crisis is only going to get worse as the years go by thanks to climate change and decreasing natural resources on top of all the wartime refugees (not just the ones from Syria). It's a new reality we have to face.
On climate:
Alright, so, there's a long history of doomsayers in terms of economics and environment.
Thomas Malthus' beliefs about overpopulation influenced British policy to implement tariffs and trade restrictions during the Irish potato famine, thus resulting in the other Irish major trade, cows, to not be able to sustain them.
Paul Ehrlich thought the baby boomers would cause a shortage of all sorts of materials. Didn't happen.
For a while now, there's a huge group of government-subsidized scientists who say that the climate will change for the worse--much worse. I suggest there's a conflict of interest with the politicization of science and the subsidization of "green" energy resulting in a mutually-beneficial cronyist-corporatist-government cooperation.
Those beliefs aside, another concrete prediction of the doomsayers has turned up negative: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...sea-ice-would-melt-entirely-by-september-201/
Question climate authority: https://judithcurry.com/
On Syria:
Man, that was some good political theater. Laughs all around. Can't wait to see what Lew Rockwell has to say about it.

Russians are the good guys. Putin is a gentleman.
The State Department has really been upping their criticism (to open threats), because the US's agenda of regime change isn't working. Thanks to Russia.
Western media would have you believe that Aleppo is the Syrian Arab Army + Russia + Iran vs innocent civilians. Not so.
Jabaht Fatah Al-Sham (previously Al-Nusra), the Free Syrian Army, other elements of ISIS, and Al-Qaeda are in the Aleppo pocket. Al-Qaeda forces utilizing 95 tanks and 10,000 jihadists tried to break out of the pocket late September. It's war. Sad.
They're rebels. They claim 250,000 civilians are stuck in Aleppo, but they have a history of inflating the figures by about x4.
The SAA has had a strong history of allowing safe passage for civilians leaving and helping them, and rebels often hold them hostage and shoot them when they try to flee.
Oh, and surprise! Al-Zenki, those rascally head-choppers, are funded by the U.S. government. Tax dollars, you know. They do good jihadist work for us.
What Syria needs is stability and peace, and Assad's SAA, even if Russian and Iranian-backed, are the best available vehicle towards those. It's sad that the USA is now bombing SAA infrastructure calling it "mistakes." Fool me twice...
Edit: good place to learn about this sorta stuff: https://www.youtube.com/user/crimeanfront/videos
-
That's why you take actions against that one person and not all of them. That's also why I think it's important to check their background, too often could the terrorist attacks could've been stopped earlier, the FBI and others usually know before hand and yet do little.
And here's the huge point: the FBI, NSA, or some other member of the intelligence apparatus knows beforehand most of the times. Same thing with the Orlando night club shooting: they knew about Omar Mateen's allegiance to ISIS, Al-Qaeda et al and his threats to fellows, and instead they tried to lure him into an attack, according to Sheriff Ken Mascara. Not that it was just Omar, nobody could've done the sorts of things alone that he did in the FBI's ridiculous timeline.
Governments have a... history of inciting false flag attacks (sensitive information in link maybe?) to give casus belli or otherwise push public perception of something.

Last edited:

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
The WWE games exist for one reason for only one thing and one thing only. Dumb stuff like this

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Fixed to be able to relate to it.
What's the helmetless samus art look like, out of curiosity?
If you must know...

I really like this artwork...actually reminds me of an illustration attempt I did depicting Samus after Fusion...

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
If you must know...

I really like this artwork...actually reminds me of an illustration attempt I did depicting Samus after Fusion...
Aside from how the boots look like really long socks in the suitless picture.......that's some really good art right there.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Blue Update 02
Misty Defeated
Bike Gained
Team Current
:052: Kebako (18)
:021: Ace (19)
:069: Alex (19)
A teleport slave of an Abra.
And most importantly...
:151: The Ultimate HM Slave.
WE IN IT, BOIS.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If you must know...

I'd be lying if I said Samus' face looked good,

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Aside from how the boots look like really long socks in the suitless picture.......that's some really good art right there.
I think it's a design choice so that it makes more sense under the suit...

Personally I always felt like her Zero suit should emulate socks or just be straight up barefoot...it never really made sense to me that she'd have boots or heels or anything under her suit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom