• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So far that's nine yes, five maybe-but-unsure. Pretty good turn out so far. :p

Let's talk rule sets and such. For the tournament, what should/shouldn't be banned? If you talk it out I'll make a poll later dealing with what to do.

Notably, your views on Mega Gengar, Lucario, Kangaskhan, Mawile, Salamence, and Blaziken, as well as Blaziken, Greninja, and Aegislash in general, since they're the most divisive usually.
MGengar with D Bond, Perish Song, and Shadow Tag is almost a guaranteed free kill on any pokemon, especially if it lands a Hypnosis...
MSalamence is pretty much on par with an uber Legendary, regular Salamence was uber back in Gen V with no fairies to stop the moxie Outrages, and in this Gen many people opt for Dragonite or MAltaria over Salamence anyway...
Lucario is decent without being a Mega but almost as bad as Blaziken minus the Speed Boost with the mega...
Kangaskhan doesn't have the broken as **** Parental Bond which makes moves like Power-up Punch and Return god-like
MMawile has the highest Attack stat with it's ability one swords dance and any attack could take out almost any pokemon in one hit...

Take away the Mega stones and these pokemon are more or less easily dealt with in their own way, as any good match-ups for them is few and far between otherwise...

Blaziken's a problem because of Speed Boost...giving it Protect allows it to gain a free boost and pretty much gives it max speed in basically three turns with no draw back...plus it hits like a truck.....And all this without even being a Mega....

Greninja is just broken with Protean...

Aegislash is a very read heavy mon...It's really hard to deal with but at the same time very easy to deal with...I feel like it went Ubers just cause it's less complicated...but then again King's Shield is pretty broken...

A lot of these pokemon are ubers for a reason...Personally though I don't care, I used to use MLucario until it went Ubers (and I expected it to) then switched to MScizor when it did...

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Moons time shift makes dusk ball useful most of the time. It's perfect
I'm fine with this because Dusk Balls are my favourite Poke Ball!

Also up there are Quick/Timer Balls (because of how useful they are for Legends)
The Salamence Great Ball
Luxury Ball
Dive Ball
and Moon Ball

Last edited:

Soul.

So far that's nine yes, five maybe-but-unsure. Pretty good turn out so far. :p

Let's talk rule sets and such. For the tournament, what should/shouldn't be banned? If you talk it out I'll make a poll later dealing with what to do.

Notably, your views on Mega Gengar, Lucario, Kangaskhan, Mawile, Salamence, and Blaziken, as well as Blaziken, Greninja, and Aegislash in general, since they're the most divisive usually.
The abundance of Intimidate and moves like Will-O-Wisp in Doubles limits physically attacking Pokémon, even if they're still some of the best (e.g.: Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Mawile, Azumarill, Garchomp etc.). Mega Evolution is certainly manageable in Doubles.

Greninja and Blaziken are niche in Doubles. Mega Blaziken doesn't find much use because Life Orb Blaziken hits harder than it. And Aegislash, while good, isn't broken in Doubles

For Pokémon like Salamence, it's harder to limit them because they may opt for a mixed attacker set or special attacker set. Burn and Intimidate are useful regardless at reducing the damage from the physical attacks as well as losing a set amount of HP every turn.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So the Disco Room died?
Essentially.

And instead of folks moving back to the thread half of us came from, we've all been gradually migrating over here more and more as people keep leaving the site and such. . .for the most part, anyway, a couple people went back to the 4 Social. This is basically the only social out of the three I follow that stays active anymore.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, what's up with that new Jojo episode? Altered scenes in the OP(which were pretty cool) in the second epiaode with it and a random "To Be Continued..." in the middle of the episode
Don't see what's so hype about Highway Go Go, last time an "invincible" Stand showed up, Jotaro just punched the **** out of its user

Last edited by a moderator:

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
good evening people.
I hope everyone's having a wonderful Friday.

That announcement is pretty neat. Maybe i should enter this thing to see how it goes. got some trained pokemon here and there but it isn't full of stuff I really wanna use yet.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
So the Disco Room died?
It did for a little while though I'm only here because I saw Oppossum's announcement thread title coming out of the poke center sub forum and decided to investigate and saw a Pokemon tournament and wanted to make check to see what was going to happen with it :lol: also tagging @IsmaR to see if she'll want to join in and has the time :lol:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
So the Disco Room died?
Eh, there's still a few people trying to keep it afloat, but everyone just moved off to other things like Discord (particularly mine due to very liberal advertising).

It's sorta boring. Nintenzone is where all the hip kids hang out now.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Man.
I just heard the weakest "disproving point" for the Starter concept arts.
That they don't have enough detail to them in "Robinhoot" and "Entermaid," referring to how "simple" and "empty" it was.
Look at the gen 6 art.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
So, what's up with that new Jojo episode? Altered scenes in the OP(which were pretty cool) in the second epiaode with it and a random "To Be Continued..." in the middle of the episode
Don't see what's so hype about Highway Go Go, last time an "invincible" Stand showed up, Jotaro just punched the **** out of its user
haaa your using the "localized" names for stands...also maybe keep watching and youll find out why people are so excited for highway star

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Didn't take too long, but the tourists according to the context of Year of the Dragon is supposed to be the American audience itself. And the stereotypes that they play with Fred's pidgin act through the fourth wall (during his tourism job that he hates) and the portrayal of his dysfunctional family paints the image of the Chinese American minority model for the audience at the time.

Phew, this is easily one of the complicated things I've read for this class so far.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Man.
I just heard the weakest "disproving point" for the Starter concept arts.
That they don't have enough detail to them in "Robinhoot" and "Entermaid," referring to how "simple" and "empty" it was.
Look at the gen 6 art.

I just want to see my Entermaid in action. I don't care about the spoilers, but I'm definitely happy for how Popplio's final evolution turned out.

Too bad so many would rather have something manly just because having a feminine male Pokemon is too awkward. Well these two Pokemon beg to differ on that font. :039::035:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
as it should be digital can never become the true medium for games unless you wish to not own games
The only advantage physical has over digital is that you don't have to worry about not being able to buy the game anymore. Which publishers have been trying to phase out as an issue for a while now.

Unless you're talking about hella old games, it's really not an issue

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

Chrono.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Holy Crap.

Sister Location is actually incredibly scary.

I got goosebumps.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Im on siliconera and the amount of people boasting they are buy physical copies of Sun and moon is too damn high
Boasting?

I tend to get games I plan on buying a while beforehand physical, and it's a good thing in this case since this is apparently the third most data filled game available for the system and the second so for the kind mine is, but almost half of my full titles are downloads I got on one whim or another.

I don't get the people who brag about going full physical, and I don't get the people who brag about going full digital, either.

Yeah, there's. . .people who do the opposite of what you're describing for some stuff as well. And I'm pretty sure they're equally ridiculous.

I like having the option to go physical if I want it and typically do so for game purchases I think through for an extended period of time, but at the end of the day just buy physical of what you want physical and digital of what you want digital. That's why there's an option after all, and each has it's pros and cons.

Physical copies can be used after the internet service is shut off even if you wipe your system, take less on-system storage data, and can be loaned between systems. Digital copies can be purchased and downloaded in one sitting without waiting days for shipping or having to go to a store, can be preloaded if you plan it out ahead of time (although considering my aforementioned going physical when I plan it I haven't tried it yet), don't make you swap carts/disks, and load a little faster. Just roll with what you want to and don't act like you're better than anyone who does the opposite no matter what you pick.

Like. . .I don't even see why it's worth bragging about, really. Sure I can happily talk about it, but while I have my hype of carting home some bonus goodies, the digital buyers get their hype of getting to preload and have some of the actual data of the game on their system a while earlier and can get excited off of that. You win either way.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Boasting?

I tend to get games I plan on buying a while beforehand physical, and it's a good thing in this case since this is apparently the third most data filled game available for the system and the second so for the kind mine is, but almost half of my full titles are downloads I got on one whim or another.

I don't get the people who brag about going full physical, and I don't get the people who brag about going full digital, either.

Yeah, there's. . .people who do the opposite of what you're describing for some stuff as well. And I'm pretty sure they're equally ridiculous.

I like having the option to go physical if I want it and typically do so for game purchases I think through for an extended period of time, but at the end of the day just buy physical of what you want physical and digital of what you want digital. That's why there's an option after all, and each has it's pros and cons.

Physical copies can be used after the internet service is shut off even if you wipe your system, take less on-system storage data, and can be loaned between systems. Digital copies can be purchased and downloaded in one sitting without waiting days for shipping or having to go to a store, can be preloaded if you plan it out ahead of time (although considering my aforementioned going physical when I plan it I haven't tried it yet), don't make you swap carts/disks, and load a little faster. Just roll with what you want to and don't act like you're better than anyone who does the opposite no matter what you pick.

Like. . .I don't even see why it's worth bragging about, really. Sure I can happily talk about it, but while I have my hype of carting home some bonus goodies, the digital buyers get their hype of getting to preload and have some of the actual data of the game on their system a while earlier and can get excited off of that. You win either way.
I only get Physicals of games I REALLY want llke the 3DS Professor Laytons and Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney.

Other then that, digital is far more convenient. Getting to play the game right at midnight is pretty good too

Bananija

Count of Trickery
"Behold, the power of my Stand :『Za Wario』!"

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I only get Physicals of games I REALLY want llke the 3DS Professor Laytons and Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney.

Other then that, digital is far more convenient. Getting to play the game right at midnight is pretty good too
Well, Pokemon tends to be at the top of my purchase priority list whenever it rolls around, so I guess you can say that each Pokemon game counts as a game I really want.

Me riding a hype train is a good way for something to be a lock, which is where Pokemon and Smash come in, although I also have physical games for various other reasons. KI:U was picked up well after the fact because I heard good things about it, Fates was requested as a gift, a couple of the games are fairly early 3DS titles before I started making digital purchases a bunch, and Triple Deluxe. . .I got that one on a whim by stealing someone else's expired preorder, LOL.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Well, Pokemon tends to be at the top of my purchase priority list whenever it rolls around, so I guess you can say that each Pokemon game counts as a game I really want.

Me riding a hype train is a good way for something to be a lock, which is where Pokemon and Smash come in, although I also have physical games for various other reasons. KI:U was picked up well after the fact because I heard good things about it, Fates was requested as a gift, a couple of the games are fairly early 3DS titles before I started making digital purchases a bunch, and Triple Deluxe. . .I got that one on a whim by stealing someone else's expired preorder, LOL.
I think my last Physical was PLvsAA, after that I just said **** it and bought everything from eshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom