• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

This is literally me. I'm sure you can just throw something together. It'll be fun.
Oh well, I guess I'll try looking for the best Pokemon I can find. I do have a Modest Bulbasaur, so that will probably be my main Mega.
On a side note, I finally changed my avatar.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Actually I just realzied you didn't give a date. . .if this is far enough away maybe i will try and get some semblance of a team together.

The question is whether or not to include Nidoking and poliwrath. :p

:062:
Why not? :D
We're shooting for early November, before SM launches. Would that be time enough?

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
And now...an announcement.
NintenZone Pokémon Tournament

(Here's hoping the link worked)
A celebration of Pokémon Sun and Moon's release. Aiming for early November start date. Final date will be decided by community vote.

The format, should enough people sign up, will be Multi-Battles. The team that wins two of the three matches will advance. Either X/Y or OR/AS is allowed, BUT should an XY user face an ORAS user, teams should be readjusted to allow for play. Alternatively, if possible, bracket order could be shuffled so no one needs to adjust their team.

You are not bound to the same team for the whole tournament. However, you are bound to the same two teams of six for the entirety of the current round.

Ban lists will be decided by community vote.

Battles MUST BE RECORDED by at least one participant using the VS Recorder. This is for archival purposes...I'd love for us all to be able to look back at our first tournament together.

In the end, one team will stand victorious, but...there is a twist at the end. You'll know when you get there...

I encourage everyone to join, even if they're not the greatest battler. That's why it's a tag team tournament: you can try to pair with someone else to help your odds. And who knows, you might get better because of it. It's all in good fun, but we need a good amount of people in order to do this.

As far as prizes...like I said, it's all for fun. BUT. The winning team WILL be forever immortalized in the OP of the thread for as long as I'm thread owner. Maybe someone can make, like, a plaque in photoshop or something.

I really do hope you choose to sign up. This has been stewing around in my head for a while now, so I'd love to see a good turnout response. Good luck to those who choose to participate!

So? What do you guys think? :D
Sounds great! I've actually been replaying Pokemon X in preparation for Sun and Moon, with one of my goals to complete the Pokédex.

So far I'm at around 706 Pokemon, and I've caught 705 of them. With so many different Pokemon, I could try out some new teams if I do happen to join this. Looking forward to it!

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Alright, since we were talking about the bad economic condition of the world earlier, here's a ton of meat on the bones, relating to the CPI, real median income, debt saturation, interest rates, all that sort of stuff, presented by one of my favorite guys.

Not sure about joining the tournament... I do own both Y and OR, and have a few good Pokemon on both.

However, I have no competitive experience, and have no idea what EVs and IVs are, which natures affect to which stat, etc.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I suppose I could try.

I'm not the best when it comes to battling.

But I do have some EV mons...

Who knows.

Perhaps Pokemon Showdown could work as well Opossum Opossum

D

Deleted member

Actually, I think I'll beat AS before I get the right Pokemon
So far, the Pokemon I think I'll use are Mega Venusaur, Greninja, Chandelure, and Galvantula
Still not sure what their movesets will be tho

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul.

A celebration of Pokémon Sun and Moon's release. Aiming for early November start date. Final date will be decided by community vote.

The format, should enough people sign up, will be Multi-Battles. The team that wins two of the three matches will advance. Either X/Y or OR/AS is allowed, BUT should an XY user face an ORAS user, teams should be readjusted to allow for play. Alternatively, if possible, bracket order could be shuffled so no one needs to adjust their team.

You are not bound to the same team for the whole tournament. However, you are bound to the same two teams of six for the entirety of the current round.

Battles MUST BE RECORDED by at least one participant using the VS Recorder. This is for archival purposes...I'd love for us all to be able to look back at our first tournament together.

In the end, one team will stand victorious, but...there is a twist at the end. You'll know when you get there...

I encourage everyone to join, even if they're not the greatest battler. That's why it's a tag team tournament: you can try to pair with someone else to help your odds. And who knows, you might get better because of it. It's all in good fun, but we need a good amount of people in order to do this.

As far as prizes...like I said, it's all for fun. BUT. The winning team WILL be forever immortalized in the OP of the thread for as long as I'm thread owner. Maybe someone can make, like, a plaque in photoshop or something.

I really do hope you choose to sign up. This has been stewing around in my head for a while now, so I'd love to see a good turnout response. Good luck to those who choose to participate!

Doubles OU ruleset hype

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569

I'll join up. I was hoping the GL would have done another tournament before the GL closes but :ohwell: I am a competitive battler and breeder. It'll help with waiting for Sun and Moon and will probably be fun lol.

*open pokemon X*
not only do I already have the national dex. . .but I have a freaking poliwhirl on my team.

I didn't even think I liked poliwhirl when I played X.
Nice
:061:

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I have a few competitive ready pokemon on X...Not enough for a full team though I could probably scrounge up a couple more if needed...

However this totally depends on how my schedule will line up...

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Thoughts on today's Pokemon Generations episodes:

Both were pretty good. Episode 5 didn't show us anything new since it was information we learned from the HG/SS Celebi event, but having more Looker is always a plus. I liked Silver's acting as well, and it was nice to see him not be his usual jerkish self as he left Looker for the Pokemon League.

Episode 6 was good in that it expanded on the Legendary Beasts' backstory. Looks like the theory about the Beasts being Eeveelutions at one point is RIP, because those creatures didn't look like Vaporeon, Flareon, and Jolteon. They looked more like normal dogs than Pokemon, though I'd be interested in seeing these former forms of the Legendary Beasts in the games. Too bad that's very unlikely though.

Looks like the reason why Suicune, Entei, and Raikou don't appear in front of people very often is because the people of Ecruteak City were afraid of them after the transformation, deemed them as a threat, and threw rocks and sticks at them. Now, they only appear when notice humans are less evil. I liked the ending when Suicune appeared in front of Eusine temporarily right when he thought about it, and whoever voice acted him nailed it with his reaction toward the Pokemon. I also found Eusine more likable in this episode compared to the games, but maybe that's just me.

------

Also we got a really interesting special airing.

There's a spinoff 1hr long special about Sycamore and Alexa searching Ruins for a legendary Pokemon. I wonder what it will bee and how that will go. Should be interesting.
I want it to the ruins they explore to be something that connects to Sun and Moon; maybe we learn about Solgaleo and Lunala and how they could be connected with the XY legendaries.

I think it's more likely that this ruins the two explore will have something to do with Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde based on the "XYZ" in the title. Perhaps it could give some more backstory how all three are connected.

------

I think a Nintenzone Pokemon tournament is a great idea, but I don't think I'm going to participate in it because I don't have a proper team outside of one Pokemon that is EV and IV trained. If there's another tournament in the future and the Hyper Training feature is implemented well, I think I'll join it then.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Thoughts on today's Pokemon Generations episodes:

Both were pretty good. Episode 5 didn't show us anything new since it was information we learned from the HG/SS Celebi event, but having more Looker is always a plus. I liked Silver's acting as well, and it was nice to see him not be his usual jerkish self as he left Looker for the Pokemon League.

Episode 6 was good in that it expanded on the Legendary Beasts' backstory. Looks like the theory about the Beasts being Eeveelutions at one point is RIP, because those creatures didn't look like Vaporeon, Flareon, and Jolteon. They looked more like normal dogs than Pokemon, though I'd be interested in seeing these former forms of the Legendary Beasts in the games. Too bad that's very unlikely though.

Looks like the reason why Suicune, Entei, and Raikou don't appear in front of people very often is because the people of Ecruteak City were afraid of them after the transformation, deemed them as a threat, and threw rocks and sticks at them. Now, they only appear when notice humans are less evil. I liked the ending when Suicune appeared in front of Eusine temporarily right when he thought about it, and whoever voice acted him nailed it with his reaction toward the Pokemon. I also found Eusine more likable in this episode compared to the games, but maybe that's just me.

------

I want it to the ruins they explore to be something that connects to Sun and Moon; maybe we learn about Solgaleo and Lunala and how they could be connected with the XY legendaries.

I think it's more likely that this ruins the two explore will have something to do with Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde based on the "XYZ" in the title. Perhaps it could give some more backstory how all three are connected.

------

I think a Nintenzone Pokemon tournament is a great idea, but I don't think I'm going to participate in it because I don't have a proper team outside of one Pokemon that is EV and IV trained. If there's another tournament in the future and the Hyper Training feature is implemented well, I think I'll join it then.
It probably will be about the XY legends, but I would love to see a special that ties into Sun and Moon. It could be pretty neat.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And am I the only one with multiple battle ready competitive pokemon?

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Competitive pokemans has never been my thing I guess. I don't like all the weird stats and rng involved. I just wanna chill with some fake animals like a super causal. More power to ya with you like it tho.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So Riddler is doing their thing again.

They're hinting at Salandit's evolution and making people guess on what it's based on, they presented 4 options

1. Nine Tailed Fox
2. Cleopatra VII
3. Medusa
4. Siren

The other thing is this: "don't think you know everything about the starters just because of the latest news about their mid evolutions and the previous leak about their final evolutions. Of course, we're not talking about their skills, abilities, data, stats, etc. Some guesses about the three starters are also not true . The descriptions of starters also don't make things fully clear, the is only one truth: You don't know everything about the starters at all."
Starters don't have 2 forms is my guess

Chrono.

I'll have to skip out on the tournament, I've sold both Y and AS.

Which is something I kinda regret nowadays.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Super Bunnyhop does it again. That darn noodle shot.

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
My my, you people have been busy. 6 pages since I left for school this morning! Aside from the politics and Pokemon Generations......
HIGHWAY STAR IS HERE!

Chrono.

Starters don't have 2 forms is my guess
Well, fueling the speculation motors is that a while back Riddler also said "Rockruff and *beep* share the same gimmick".

It's pretty much up in the air but we should be finding out next week or so what the deal is.

Im sad people aren't talking about the actual song Highway star, beacuse Elite Beat Agents made me love that song

And because I wanted a damn zoroark to breed i've been playing for the past like. . hour at minimum to get one and it never showed up. And this is why I love showdown making it so I don't need to do any work.

:062:

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, fueling the speculation motors is that a while back Riddler also said "Rockruff and *beep* share the same gimmick".

It's pretty much up in the air but we should be finding out next week or so what the deal is.
A part of me still hopes Litten has a beast form

D

Deleted member

A fun little pokemon tournamemt? Sign me up, hopefully I'm around during those days, just remind me, I'd love to join.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I almost forgot aboot Pokémon Generations. I'll get too it soon.

And I went to GameStop where I picked up Paper Mario: Color Splash. Love the humor so far.

Also, I preordered
&
amiibo that I'm dying to get my hands on.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'll probably join Opossum Opossum . As a lot have already said, I don't have any EV trained Pokemon but who cares! This is more for fun than anything. I've defintely got something in my bank I can use.

Anyone who has a level 50 Pokemon somewhere should join :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom