• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
To this day, I don't see why people compare Fuyuzora to One-Punch Man.

He's not a gag superhero that one-shots his foes every time. Two completely different things.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Got the new Super Mario amiibo.

All of them look awesome (Donkey Kong's face is priceless from certain angles, very expressive looking), the only one that's a bit lacking is, ironically, Boo. He has a very obnoxious seam on his bottom half, you can tell he was basically just glued together on both sides. I don't understand why they couldn't just make it all one sculpt, but oh well. And something about his face looks a little off. Don't know how the glow effect is yet because it's not dark enough yet.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I think most of that storms energy went to Haiti where it killed over 100 people, I think, let me check.

Last I saw at college was 100
welp, nearly 300 killed

The poor guys
Most of the storm's energy was definitely somewhere in the Bahamas and Florida. Haiti is just severely ill-prepped.
Having a corrupt Government and being one of the poorest nations in the western hemisphere, let alone the world, does that to you.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And now...an announcement.
NintenZone Pokémon Tournament

(Here's hoping the link worked)
A celebration of Pokémon Sun and Moon's release. Aiming for early November start date. Final date will be decided by community vote.

The format, should enough people sign up, will be Multi-Battles. The team that wins two of the three matches will advance. Either X/Y or OR/AS is allowed, BUT should an XY user face an ORAS user, teams should be readjusted to allow for play. Alternatively, if possible, bracket order could be shuffled so no one needs to adjust their team.

You are not bound to the same team for the whole tournament. However, you are bound to the same two teams of six for the entirety of the current round.

Ban lists will be decided by community vote.

Battles MUST BE RECORDED by at least one participant using the VS Recorder. This is for archival purposes...I'd love for us all to be able to look back at our first tournament together.

In the end, one team will stand victorious, but...there is a twist at the end. You'll know when you get there...

I encourage everyone to join, even if they're not the greatest battler. That's why it's a tag team tournament: you can try to pair with someone else to help your odds. And who knows, you might get better because of it. It's all in good fun, but we need a good amount of people in order to do this.

As far as prizes...like I said, it's all for fun. BUT. The winning team WILL be forever immortalized in the OP of the thread for as long as I'm thread owner. Maybe someone can make, like, a plaque in photoshop or something.

I really do hope you choose to sign up. This has been stewing around in my head for a while now, so I'd love to see a good turnout response. Good luck to those who choose to participate!

So? What do you guys think? :D

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Opossum is going to reveal the NX.

EDIT: I post this literary seconds after he posted the announcement. :/

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Get the Fast Racing Neo guys to make one and keep Miyamoto away because F-Zero doesn't need some lame gimmick, it just needs inspiration from other racers. An F-Zero spin on Forza Horizon or some of the older Need for Speed games would be awesome for example.

Alternatively we get a GX remake which would be great as that game is already perfect in terms of racing. All it needs is a modern touch up in general plus online racing.

It could just be that F-Zero never sold anything worth a damn even after putting a ton of effort into it, and making an eshop title instead of a full price game being significantly easier.

But nah, Miamoto's crazy for not wanting to remake a game that bombed in the first place and trying to find a different direction for the niche series.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Silver failed to beat the Elite 4 though

I'm sure he's soooo strong

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
To this day, I don't see why people compare Fuyuzora to One-Punch Man.

He's not a gag superhero that one-shots his foes every time. Two completely different things.
To be fair, you can't blame OPM fans for making these comparisons since that's how Zora-san (my new nickname for him) deals with these problems.

See a dangerous spirit? Punch them.

Your ghost friend is in danger of being purified? Punch them.

See a Black Dragon God that kidnapped your ghost girl? You know he's going to punch him right?

He's not as overpowered as Saitama though since he struggled in his fight against Ryuuga (most of their fight involved him being restrained). Not only that, but most of his strength seems to be fueled by his determination to protect Yuuna and her friends. So unless someone isn't in danger, there's no way he would win a fight against anyone above his level.

We probably won't see a real powerful threat until the near future or whenever the author wants a more serious route for the manga instead of solving the mystery of Yuuna's past.

Last edited:
Howdy Unikorn
What's the hype about? I can't find anything resembling an announcement. :confused:
Look up a few posts :p EDIT errr i guess you can't since new page
https://smashboards.com/threads/nin...n-page-877-hype.437072/page-877#post-21482077

Neat idea Opo. I wonder if all that trading you were doing had anything to do with it :p

but I am way too freaking lazy to train up a team for X/Y and Pokemon Showdown isn't an option so i'll just sit here and root on the others via the sidelines

:061:

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
To be fair, you can't blame OPM fans for making these comparisons since that's how Zora-san (my new nickname for him) deals with these problems.

See a dangerous spirit? Punch them.

Your ghost friend is in danger of being purified? Punch them.

See a Black Dragon God that kidnapped your ghost girl? You know he's going to punch him right?

He's not as overpowered as Saitama though since he struggled in his fight against Ryuuga (most of their fight involved him being restrained). Not only that, but most of his strength seems to be fueled by his determination to protect Yuuna and her friends. So unless someone isn't in danger, there's no way he would win a fight against anyone above his level.

We probably won't see a real powerful threat until the near future or whenever the author wants a more serious route for the manga instead of solving the mystery of Yuuna's past.
That's fine and dandy since One Punch Man is far more mainstream than a budding new action harem that's barely 1 years old. But it comes to a point when the Saitama Jr. jokes are coming annoying.

http://imgur.com/BrQfyQ1

Like what the ****, the two characters are completely unrelated to each other. Should we start calling Asta "Naruto" because they happen to be similar?

Oh wait, the Black Clover detractors love doing that everyday.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm planning on making a video where I try ecto cooler and give my thoughts on it

I bought a 12 pack

But I haven't had time to, working a full 40 hours this week

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
And now...an announcement.
NintenZone Pokémon Tournament

(Here's hoping the link worked)
A celebration of Pokémon Sun and Moon's release. Aiming for early November start date. Final date will be decided by community vote.

The format, should enough people sign up, will be Multi-Battles. The team that wins two of the three matches will advance. Either X/Y or OR/AS is allowed, BUT should an XY user face an ORAS user, teams should be readjusted to allow for play. Alternatively, if possible, bracket order could be shuffled so no one needs to adjust their team.

You are not bound to the same team for the whole tournament. However, you are bound to the same two teams of six for the entirety of the current round.

Ban lists will be decided by community vote.

Battles MUST BE RECORDED by at least one participant using the VS Recorder. This is for archival purposes...I'd love for us all to be able to look back at our first tournament together.

In the end, one team will stand victorious, but...there is a twist at the end. You'll know when you get there...

I encourage everyone to join, even if they're not the greatest battler. That's why it's a tag team tournament: you can try to pair with someone else to help your odds. And who knows, you might get better because of it. It's all in good fun, but we need a good amount of people in order to do this.

As far as prizes...like I said, it's all for fun. BUT. The winning team WILL be forever immortalized in the OP of the thread for as long as I'm thread owner. Maybe someone can make, like, a plaque in photoshop or something.

I really do hope you choose to sign up. This has been stewing around in my head for a while now, so I'd love to see a good turnout response. Good luck to those who choose to participate!

So? What do you guys think? :D
Awesome! Sounds like a lot of fun! I'm in!

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
That's fine and dandy since One Punch Man is far more mainstream than a budding new action harem that's barely 1 years old. But it comes to a point when the Saitama Jr. jokes are coming annoying.

http://imgur.com/BrQfyQ1

Like what the ****, the two characters are completely unrelated to each other. Should we start calling Asta "Naruto" because they happen to be similar?

Oh wait, the Black Clover detractors love doing that everyday.
Like I've said, you can't really blame One-Punch Man for its own popularity and they were probably drawn into Yuragi-sou because of Fuyuzora's likeness to him (though he's far from an overpowered character). That's what seems like that are doing, giving it more popularity among an already small fanbase. It's like how some people suddenly got into World Trigger because of the strange duck face that Yuga and the other characters like to do in gag scenes.

Besides, there's no real harm done in another fandom making a relatively recent manga more popular. Not like there are suddenly VS Battles discussions about him since we already know that Fuyuzora is featless and most harem universes are fairly weak (unless you happen to be from a light novel, High School DxD, and To Love-Ru).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Meh, I'll join a pokemon tournament

I'm not sure I have a fit team, but I'll see what I can do

I breed pokemon, but TBH I've only breed pokemon I really like so they aren't exactly super duper OU quality

Just full IV's and shiny UU's

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I'll probably join the tournament too. Dunno how to train stuff, so I'm just gonna stumble my way in this tournament :p

Also, I caved in and bought Color Splash :\/

D

Deleted member

I probably won't join the Pokemon tournament since A. I don't have the time to breed, EV train, etc., B. I have almost no competitive expirience, I just recently learned what EVs are and I don't fully understand IVs, and C. I just started my Alpha Sapphire run.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I probably won't join the Pokemon tournament since A. I don't have the time to breed, EV train, etc., B. I have almost no competitive expirience, I just recently learned what EVs are and I don't fully understand IVs, and C. I just started my Alpha Sapphire run.
This is literally me. I'm sure you can just throw something together. It'll be fun.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Just caught up with the last 3 Generations episodes. Is it just me or did the animation quality take a step down in episodes 4 and 5?

Not really much to say about the story. It was okay, not bad, but nothing that stands out much.

The Suicune episode was the better of the three imo.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This is literally me. I'm sure you can just throw something together. It'll be fun.
Basically this. It's all for fun, so you don't really need the strongest team to win.

Like, I think out of all my EV trained Pokémon, maybe two are in OU. Most are in NU. It's mainly for community bonds and such. :p

Plus you can tag with someone with a better team if you feel self conscious. That's also an option.

Actually I just realzied you didn't give a date. . .if this is far enough away maybe i will try and get some semblance of a team together.

The question is whether or not to include Nidoking and poliwrath. :p

:062:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My badges arrived today! So here's another hint:

Combined with the badges and the hat, anyone got the outfit it makes? I'm curious.

I'll post pics tomorrow possibly. I'll be away all day at comic con, same for Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom