• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Day 7: Addams Family (1964) TV Theme

The masters of the comedy macabre. What is is about these lovable freaks that people can't get enough of?

Lovely bird of fright

Fought and found in DLC

Bravely played on stage

@Coricus is today's winner! Hope today's riddle doesn't confound too many.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

The masters of the comedy macabre. What is is about these lovable freaks that people can't get enough of?

Lovely bird of fright

Fought and found in DLC

Bravely played on stage

Vital Vitriol/Plague Knight theme?

Lovely bird of fright

Fought and found in DLC

Bravely played on stage

Ba'al turtle dove?

Best i got.
:061:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Looking at the F-Zero GX cutscenes now, that game seriously didn't age well.

But at least the in-game graphics of the racing looks good.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
bruh watchu talkin about

GX's cutscenes are magnificent

Actually, I was referring to the CGI story cutscenes.

The interviews however do look fantastic though. That Deathborn interview. :laugh:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You can't talk about GX without talking about the trippy, yet glorious character endings.

Let's be honest, Ms Musclepants Arrow clearly wanted to see that Falcon Booty. :troll:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
You can't talk about GX without talking about the trippy, yet glorious character endings.

Let's be honest, Ms Musclepants Arrow clearly wanted to see that Falcon Booty. :troll:
Just like how the audience wanted some of that Arrow action after she flexed her tight muscles enough times (which Super Arrow had to intervene).

I think her character alone have inspired plenty of muscle girl lovers. Shame F-Zero as a franchise is dead unless they have some new gimmick to make it fresh (Or shall I say, Miyamoto wants the gimmick).

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Shame F-Zero as a franchise is dead unless they have some new gimmick to make it fresh (Or shall I say, Miyamoto wants the gimmick).
Get the Fast Racing Neo guys to make one and keep Miyamoto away because F-Zero doesn't need some lame gimmick, it just needs inspiration from other racers. An F-Zero spin on Forza Horizon or some of the older Need for Speed games would be awesome for example.

Alternatively we get a GX remake which would be great as that game is already perfect in terms of racing. All it needs is a modern touch up in general plus online racing.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm just waiting for the next Pokémon Generations episode to drop. :p

D

Deleted member

My prediction is that the new Generations episode's name will be "The Burned Tower".
Then again, I could be terribly wrong.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Some new information from the Riddler, this time focusing on an evolution of a known Pokémon, the starters, and maybe a hint at the Champion:

Salandit's design based on who? (Salandit name in Chinese are 夜盗火蜥, and 蜥 mean lizard, chameleon)

1. Kyubi (Nine-tailed fox)
2. Cleopatra VII
3. Medusa
4. Siren

"Don't think that information a few days ago about starters's 2nd evolution (chiefly is to consider for demo version), plus the final evolution leak that everyone already knows about, you will know everything about this generation starters, of course, we don't talk about game data, description, etc... There is some guess before that not true at all, some guess/"text information" (I prefer he talking about the description on official website) also not clear, and there is only one truth, just one sentence: You still don't know everything about this generation starters."

Kahuna is kahuna, not Champion.

My guess is on the third suggestion, but what do you guys think?

Any bets on what it'll be?
My guess is also on the Burned Tower, as I think they'll save Giovanni's HGSS episode for last before going to Gen 3.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I, too, guess Burned Tower. Morty, Eusine, the beasts...everything.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Actually, I was referring to the CGI story cutscenes.

The interviews however do look fantastic though. That Deathborn interview. :laugh:
Actually, I find it has a certain kind of charm to it. Could be the nostalgia talking for games with turn-of-the-millenium graphics (see also: PS1-era FF up through Planescape: Torment), but I'm quite fond of it.

I admit, though, it got me thinking about what an HD remaster would entail. And hey, since I wrote it down, why not share it?

I'll tuck away details for the uninterested and summon the mighty @Nixon Corral to keep me honest.

Modelling and animation remastering specifically would probably have the greatest return on effort investment; everything else is just new shinies.

The animatronic-like movements seem to mostly compensate for the deficiencies in modelling brought on by the limits of hardware resources at the time, and all the characters' suits look flat and plastic. Falcon and Black Shadow in particular look like they're coated in Teflon, which is only handy if one wants to fry an egg on their pecs. Some may, I won't judge. Regardless, improving the model and adding some more subtle movements would go a long way with the whole uncanny valley problem, and nowadays that's easily possible.

That aside, you could probably throw a few more polygons at the blocky rocks in the canyon, and the rest could make use of modern lighting effects and a general texture brush-up, but most of the scenery properly invokes the kind of cyberpunk future it was aiming for and it still looks alright to me. Worst case, if the above doesn't cure the lot, throw more detail and see what sticks.

Amongst environments, the race with Deathborn in the Underworld strikes me as the ho-hum one. Bloody walls and ribcages and lava alone are a bit passé by now, and it could really use some more ominous elements to up the anté. But that's less a flaw of the system, more a flaw of the execution.

The somewhat hammy, overacted movements could either get fixed during the update or get explained by Sentai influences according to preference; the animations would have to be redone with the new models, so it's really a matter of whether they stay in.

Lastly I'll concede the framerate's a mess (although growing up with 30FPS animation kind of gets you used to it), but that's trivial to fix today. Re-run the same procedures and generate enough frames to bring each second of animation up to a consistent 60. Modern hardware wouldn't blink.

[EDIT]: Jeez, it took me a whole hour to refine that. Did not notice.

And I missed out on a lovely conversation besides. Eh, such are the risks.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
That Yuragi chapter tho. It's all about the Ameno cousins competing over who gets Fuyuzora under their arms.

But it's the younger more immature cousin who feels the need to be competitive with Sagiri. Wonder if the two will eventually fight once she catches her making her moves on him.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Wikipedia said:
Environmental racism is placement of low-income or minority communities in proximity of environmentally hazardous or degraded environments, such as toxic waste, pollution and urban decay. While there are competing views as to an exact definition, the interplay between environmental issues and social indicators are key to its understanding.
Makes sense to me.

To those of you who scoffed at the idea, perhaps it'd be best to do a quick google search to at least get some sort of idea instead of shoving it aside.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
So.
We have some "leaked" screenshots from the English version of that Legendaries & overview trailer we saw in French and Japanese.

One major thing to note.

A 5th trial captain teased. People have poked at the name's origins and assume her to be Ground.

Are we gonna have a Collosand (Totem Palosand)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Makes sense to me.

To those of you who scoffed at the idea, perhaps it'd be best to do a quick google search to at least get some sort of idea instead of shoving it aside.
That...makes a lot more sense now, haha. The name misled me. :p

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
What do y'all think about public housing?
I think it's a horrible tragedy of commons and promotes generational poverty and irresponsibility.

Indeed it is. :)
Awesome! When did you read it? I haven't started The Other Wind yet, but after I finish the book I've gotta read for school: Stephen King's Gunslinger
Ged x Tenar otp :D

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Some new information from the Riddler, this time focusing on an evolution of a known Pokémon, the starters, and maybe a hint at the Champion:

Salandit's design based on who? (Salandit name in Chinese are 夜盗火蜥, and 蜥 mean lizard, chameleon)

1. Kyubi (Nine-tailed fox)
2. Cleopatra VII
3. Medusa
4. Siren

"Don't think that information a few days ago about starters's 2nd evolution (chiefly is to consider for demo version), plus the final evolution leak that everyone already knows about, you will know everything about this generation starters, of course, we don't talk about game data, description, etc... There is some guess before that not true at all, some guess/"text information" (I prefer he talking about the description on official website) also not clear, and there is only one truth, just one sentence: You still don't know everything about this generation starters."

Kahuna is kahuna, not Champion.

My guess is on the third suggestion, but what do you guys think?
Considering first and fourth option are kinda already used on other Pokemon of this Gen, I think it'll be second or third.

I just hope the design isn't too feminine...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Makes sense to me.

I know what it meant before, BLM made a video on it. To me it's rather silly, it's like seeing in the headlines "Nuclear Holocaust: Women most at risk."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom