• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
As far as I'm concerned all of you are nothing more than a collection of pixels on a screen, so you're all 'its' to me then...:p

Really though, what's the issue? If you know the gender use the appropriate proverbs, if not then use 'it' or 'them', 'they', 'their', etc....unless you want to look like a dolt...regardless if you're being polite or not, it's just common sense...
I identify as "A bird in hand is worth two in the bush." :p

You meant pronouns, not proverbs. I just like messing with people.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Intention does not create actionable wrong. I may be entirely selfish if I take a job at a soup kitchen just for the money and easy work, but I'd still be doing good.

There must be specific, demonstrable harm done against specific victims from specific speech for a wrong to be done that needs righting, and the only just way of righting a wrong is restitution.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The problem I have with banning hate speech is it's definition can be twisted to fit into an agenda.

With things these days such as "micro aggressions" where even subtle actions you do can be interpreted as acts of hate. I just don't think it's something that should be enforced.

I don't go around insulting people, and respect other individuals...more or less but that's under my own guidelines of morality

Offense is taken, not given. Someone could find something offensive that others would not. What's offensive is not set in stone, it's up to an individual's perception

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so if its not obvious i was only speaking about birdo not actual humans

so yes i probobly missed the point

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I thought this was a video game forum and not a fu**ing political discussion. Seriously guys, just make a fu**ing new thread for this sh*t or at least change this to NintenZone Politics 1.0.
Social threads by nature allow any topic that isn't outright banned in the ToS, so it's actually allowed.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
I thought this was a video game forum and not a fu**ing political discussion. Seriously guys, just make a fu**ing new thread for this sh*t or at least change this to NintenZone Politics 1.0.
I like to think there's something to important to say about all this here. It's pretty dismissive to everyone involved to think one can not talk about such things here. I think we all are capable of having a good talk on this stuff. Correct me if I'm wrong. Internet discourse is always a mixed bag at best anyway.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I found two articles I wanted to discuss that confuse me greatly

1) dating someone outside your race it fetisizing

But

2) deciding not to date someone of a specific race is racist

I kind of wish people didn't dictate who someone can date by giving the label of a hater.

I'm multi racial, white Japanese and Cherokee and every girl I've...well hung out with not so much dated...was mixed. The first was half black and the second was...a quarter black I think

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well of course, but the idea still stands. What may be considered controversial hate speech to one generation, may be considered the building blocks of another generation. The idea is to use your best judgement to recognize when something is just purely hate or may actually have some merit
I think there's a line where one can easily distinguish something that's ambiguous and something that's painfully obvious. Unless one happens to be an ignorant jack of an arse.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think there's a line where one can easily distinguish something that's ambiguous and something that's painfully obvious. Unless one happens to be an ignorant jack of an arse.
Micro aggressions exist

Subtle actions someone can perform that are racist without the person doing it realizing it

Hence why "all whites are racist" and "all males are misogynist"

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Meanwhile, we have a cat that's legit suicidal when he tries to throw himself inside of a bleach filled mop bucket multiple times.

I can tell he's a kitten and all, but when will he ****ing learn that **** is toxic as hell.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Simply hating or demonstrating hate is not an actionable wrong, if it is a wrong at all. There is nothing to restore to the person that the hater can materially give, for there is nothing material they have taken away.
Good an evil is not committed in vague terms against vague conglomerates of people.
If some are so affected that some express dislike of any degree for them or their views, they'd more likely owe themselves restitution for the injustice they have committed against their own mental state by overreacting.
I kind of wish people didn't dictate who someone can date by giving the label of a hater.
Thank the Lord they can't force their Orwellian fantasies... yet...

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Well, do you understand it now?
yes i do and i would use they until they told me what pronoun they would prefer to be called
however as it stands i hear enough about politics everywhere else
as such i would like to bring forth a new topic of discussion
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-power-rangers-ps4-xbox-one-and-pc-game-reveale/1100-6444262/
look how **** this power rangers beat em up looks

im not saying you guys cant continue discussing politics however i would like to politely bow out of the discussion should it continue and will resume talking once it has ceased

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
You'd like to think that, but part of the issue is, where is that line? I'd definitely say Islamaphobia is a very real and unfortunate thing but others would claim it's just fine and its just about keeping people safe. People very much feel justified in the things they do and that what makes drawing that line difficult. It's not absolute black and white, it's relative and filled with grays

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
There just so many ideas and thoughts out there nowadays thanks to the internet. You gotta use your judgement whether they are worth your time, or it's just waste. Is it hate speech? The only one who can answer that for you is yourself. Keep an open and informed mind and I'm sure you can't go wrong.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
yes i do and i would use they until they told me what pronoun they would prefer to be called
however as it stands i hear enough about politics everywhere else
as such i would like to bring forth a new topic of discussion
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-power-rangers-ps4-xbox-one-and-pc-game-reveale/1100-6444262/
look how **** this power rangers beat em up looks

im not saying you guys cant continue discussing politics however i would like to politely bow out of the discussion should it continue and will resume talking once it has ceased
It looked okay at first, then the gameplay started. It's like an HD flash game

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Why do squeeze honey containers always have to be cute plastic teddy bears?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why do squeeze honey containers always have to be cute plastic teddy bears?
That reminds me, I've been trying to give up soda for tea

For some reason, every summer I eventually switch back to soda because it's convenient. And because tea is hot and summer is hot

But I'm fairly certain tea is healthier

I just keep forgetting to buy tea

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Just watched the newest episode of Pokemon XY&Z. It's been three weeks since the last one aired, so it felt pretty refreshing watching today's episode after a long day.

And it was a good episode. Not an amazing episode by any means, but it was still good.

I don't know if I should put a spoiler tag for this or not, but I'd thought I'd share a highlight from the episode that's worth mentioning: After 20 years, Ash finally got a medal for saving the world!

And another picture worth sharing: pay attention to Charizard and Greninja in it.

Despite the fandom's disappointment over the Kalos League finals, it looks Greninja and Charizard are now best buddies. I mean, just look at how the two pose for the picture.

Now for my review of the episode:

This episode was basically the epilogue to the Team Flare arc. Lumiose City has been recovering really well following the destruction, with most of its structures being rebuilt at a fast pace. Even Prism Tower has been restored pretty well thanks to Ash, Serena, Bonnie, Pikachu, Dedenne, the other Pokemon, and Meyer.

Meanwhile, Clemont has been repairing Clembot, who previously died after sacrificing itself to shut down Team Flare's machine about three episodes ago. Admittedly, I was worried about how they would handle Clembot following its death. It became clear that it would be revived, and I thought Clembot being it's same self would take away the emotional impact; the only way Clembot's death would truly have meaning if it were repaired is if the new one doesn't have any memories of Clemont or any battle it had prior.

My prayers were answered. Clembot has been completely reset; it treats Clemont like a new person, and it needs to learn the basics of battle strategy. Good move, writers!

We then see Team Rocket eating at a restaurant, and they get a call from Giovanni. He congratulates them for destroying Team Flare; this is one of the few moments in the series where the Rocket trio actually succeeds in something and get recognized by the boss. Overjoyed, they try to come up with a present for Giovanni. They eventually settle on Ash's Pikachu.

Eh, that's redundant. I know it's just Team Rocket doing their thing, but still. If they really wanted to give Giovanni a treat, they should've bought some Lumiose Galettes since they are the Kalos regional exclusive treats.

As the episode title suggests, a challenger who previously lost to the Lumiose Gym has returned for a rematch. This kid is named Alba, and he recognizes Ash from the Kalos League finals. No, he doesn't mock Ash for losing. In fact, it's the opposite. Alba is actually super excited to meet him, and he tells Ash that he had an amazing battle with Alain. Ash senses Alba's energy and roots him on, encouraging him to go for the badge. We also learn that Alba previously fought Clembot and lost to it, and now it wants a rematch against it. Luckily for Clemont, he can use the Clembot for its new first battle so that it can learn the ropes.

Ash and the gang temporarily visit Sycamore's lab, where they find Mairin decorating the facility to prepare for Alain's return. Everyone helps her arrange the party, baking sweets and decorating the outer hallway. We see Sycamore transporting Alain by car, and he gets a warm welcome from everyone upon arriving back at the lab. They then have a feast.

Ash talks about his new goal to everyone present: he tells them that he will return to Kanto to "start from zero." When I read that line, I felt worried thinking about the possibility that Sun and Moon would reset Ash's personality to his BW self. Ash expands on the statement and explains that he wants to fight more trainers in order to grow stronger.

Probably one of my favorite parts about this episode is Alain's characterization here. He still feels guilty after learning how Lysandre tricked him, and with Team Flare defeated, he doesn't know where to go from there. He also lost some confidence. I mean, take a look at this clip.

You can see the guilt in his face.

He gets a warm welcome from all the Pokemon in Sycamore's lab (including the Garchomp), and Ash meets up with him there. Ash tells him that he really enjoyed their battle in the Kalos League, and he tries to give Alain a more optimistic way of looking at the future. It was a pretty great scene as it showed how much the two have grown together not only as rivals but also as friends.

Team Rocket then shows up and steals Pikachu. Ash and Alain use Greninja and Charizard respectively to free it and take out Team Rocket. As they are being blasted off, James acknowledges that at least they got beaten "by the two champions." This quote struck me. Again, most fans have this sense that Ash is a loser for losing the finals, but James gives a great outlook and states Ash was also a champion. Indeed, Ash almost won that battle after all, and this is the farthest he's ever accomplished in a League.

We now reach the main meat of the episode: Clembot vs Alba. I don't have much to say about this scene. It wasn't the most impressive battle ever, but it was neat. Alba used a Vivillion, female Pyroar, and a Cubone while Clement used Magnemite, Magenton, and Heliolisk. Alba gets the first kill on the Magnemite through a combination of Flash, Quiver Dance, and a finishing attack. Magneton takes out Vivillion and Pyroar very easily thanks to the Rain Dance + Thunder strategy, while Alba's Cubone knocks out Magneton and gets a decent battle with Heliolisk, ultimately knocking it out with a Bone Rush that broke through Helioliks's attack. Alba gets his badge from Clembot and rejoices, with Ash congratulating him on a job well done and tells him he's one step closer to reaching the League.

As the battle progressed, it became clear that Clembot was going to lose in the end. Not only Alba need to win the fight in order to get his revenge on Clembot, but we are dealing with a new Clembot, one that has to relearn the world around him again. Throughout the battle, Clembot began to develop emotions again, namely the thrill of knocking out a Pokemon and the anger and sadness from having one of its own Pokemon get KOd. Even Clemont tells him, "Doesn't it feel good to win," or "It feels painful to lose, doesn't it" so that Clembot can remember these emotions.

Everyone returns back to Sycamore's lab. Professor Sycamore gives everyone a medal for defeating Team Flare and saving the world, basically a repeat of what happens at the end of the X/Y games where the player and the rival characters are awarded with a a medal for their heroic accomplishments.

Alain is hesitant at receiving his medal at first, nor does he feel like he deserves to work back at the lab, but Sycamore encourages him to go back to work as his assistant since a lot of work needs to be done and he "can't do it without [Alain's] help."

Now take a look at these next few pictures:

You can see how comforted Alain feels in these clips. His confidence is restored following this, and he happily joins for a group photo with everyone else.

The episode ends with everyone celebrating the re-opening of Prism Tower with a special event where it is illuminated for the first time in a while during midnight, complete with a countdown leading up to it. Clemont asks Serena what does she plan on doing now that everything is over, and she mentions that she wants to contact Palermo. Ash encourages her to take on her dream with the phrase, "I believe in you," with Serena happily saying yes. This scene sets up for the next episode where we will see Serena think about her future even further.

No, Clemont and Bonnie still haven't left the series with this episode. They'll still be around for next week and the following week's episode.

We also got a good preview for the next episode featuring Serena, and it's looking pretty good. We're also going to have our first major Amourshipping moment in a long while.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

For some reason, every summer I eventually switch back to soda because it's convenient. And because tea is hot and summer is hot

I lost a few pounds when I drank nothing but tea once

But that was because I forgot coffee existed for a while

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
any anime fans here want to suggest some anime openings for me to download?

R.I.P In Tea Leaves
Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku.

Has absolutely nothing to do with Dragon Ball but dammit I love it. Maybe it's a bit too cheesy for some but I jam to that yo.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
In RP chat
> *Puts on cool ray-bans.*
> *Crosses burly arms.*
> *Puts on a straight face.*
> "As opposed to your gay face?"
pls that's not what I

It be, aye! Tons of varieties, caffeinated and not.
You can try substituting fruit juice in the summer. It's cool and can be cheap.
Complex carbs > simple carbs + tons of processing and questionable chemicals.

Chrono.

Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku.

Has absolutely nothing to do with Dragon Ball but dammit I love it. Maybe it's a bit too cheesy for some but I jam to that yo.
Best thing to come out of GT that isn't SSJ4.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So I go to Discord and I see talk of Luckyman and Dr. Slump.

Gee, I really wonder why? :smirk:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Politics? Oh, you guys don't know how dumb it is in the Netherlands.
Geert Wilders, our Trump, is a well-known racist and a few years ago he had a speech which had "Do you want more, or less Marracons in our fine country?" and his trial about that hate speech STILL hasn't started and he keeps saying "muh freeze peach"
People are against Mark Rutte due to bad decisions like giving a large ass donation to Greece when we're struggling after Rutte said Greece wouldn't see a single penny, so they're saying "**** off Rutte" which people are arguing about whether the swears are okay.
Rutte said "children should whine to their parents that they want more toys to boost the economy"
The Dutch government had a meeting to settle an important debate. "Should we have nicer drinks in our cafeterias?"
The Dutch festival of Sinterklaas is ALWAYS a hot topic because of Black Piet, and people and stores alike are pissed at the decision to have less Sinterklaas stuff on packages (no more Sinterklaas and Black Piet, just their hats) because they don't want to upset the refugees who are unfamiliar with the tradition yet stores are being asked to promote muslim traditions like Ramadan.
Starting next year, breast implants will be covered by insurances because they're seen as prosthetics, yet glasses DON'T get covered
The refugee situation in general

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Chrono.

I can't say I'm a Skullomania fan, but he has a decent design.

Actually, all of the EX1 characters look alrightish, the series goes off the rails afterwards imo.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I think I found a minor soft-lock in AM2R...

Spoilering since I'm talking about a hidden room, though nothing really plot related just a couple hidden power-ups...
There's this one hidden room in the Hydro Station Breeding Grounds (the area with the life draining vines all over)...By going to the far left there's a hidden block on the ceiling which requires the shinespark to get through, which takes you to a hidden room that contains two power-ups, a missile tank and a power bomb...at this point in the game I haven't acquired the screw attack yet (which is still a little ways off) and from what I gathered after entering this room I can only leave if I have the screw attack...

After shineparking into this room you drop through a crumbling block after obtaining the missile tank so there's no way back out after coming in...It's getting late but later on I'll try to poke around to see if I missed any other exits, but from what I'm gathering there's seems to be no other way out of this room...

Gonna have to give the Doctor a shout to see if he'll address this as it's possible to lose a lot of progress if someone else does this too early, though there is a save room nearby this area so I lost almost no progress myself...Though I think he said he's not doing anymore updates but since this is a bit of a soft lock in a way he may fix it...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Film Theory did a video on "Salad Fingers"

I remember watching that series up until 2007 or so, when I was really into flash

I am actually pretty good at Flash

Apparently the series "lasted" until 2013. I say lasted in quotation marks because it only has 10 episodes. It basically only had 1 episode a year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom