• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
also the butt is not a reason to like a girl
A'ight but it's a reason.
The most universal and common reason in terms of physical attraction, too. According to anthropological psychology and stuff: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19927356
To me, emotional, physical, and intellectual compatibility are the three important and perfectly equal reasons for attraction. Yet, that we must make compromise for prudential reasons is not a mark against holding them in equal regard.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Thats cool(?)
It is to me.

Like, they had no idea what a Wii, Wii U or Xbox 360 (etc) was for the longest time, and now they actually have an idea as to what the NX is w/o me having to explain what it is.

I'm so proud :')

I also suspect she has been secretly been on the NX subreddit...

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
After the recent One Piece chapter, there's no way in hell people would say Nami was completely useless.

Luffy definitely wouldn't have won that fight if it weren't for her. This arc is shaping up to be much better than Zou.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's cool that Nintendo's expert, coquettish marketing tactics and astroturfers are working wonders for getting the good news of NX out!
Or CyberHyperPhoenix's parents are 'in the know,' 'hip,' and thus 'cool cats.'
Cool cats, eh

Do Cybers parents love to boogie woogie?

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Speaking of cool parents and boogie woogie-ing:

It only occurred to me a few years ago that my parents were once hip teens who liked rad music and did neat things with their friends. The rock hasn't gone out of them, I can see, what's trendy has changed is all.
Mommy's alright. Daddy's alright. They just seem a little weird.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It is to me.

Like, they had no idea what a Wii, Wii U or Xbox 360 (etc) was for the longest time, and now they actually have an idea as to what the NX is w/o me having to explain what it is.

I'm so proud :')

I also suspect she has been secretly been on the NX subreddit...
Its hard for me to want to get something when it hasnt even been shown yet I guess

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Apparently Birdo is back for another Big Lipped Alligator Moment involving her singing.

And gender arguments ahoy in the moment section. You can't talk about the character without anyone bringing up whether she is transgender or not.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Apparently Birdo is back for another Big Lipped Alligator Moment involving her singing.

And gender arguments ahoy in the moment section. You can't talk about the character without anyone bringing up whether she is transgender or not.
And all of this happen because Japan and the rest of the world having different ways of interpreting Birdo's gender. You'd think this problem was solved after we knew Birdos were a species, but no since there's always that confusion with her due to various contradictory sources and fans not settling one idea.

In the end of the day, call her an attack helicopter. That made things simpler for Frisk/Chara fans.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

This is the same series where a male :4yoshi: can lay eggs. :upsidedown:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Holy **** guys.

My parents actually have heard about the NX.

As in, I overheard they'll consider getting it for Christmas once the price is revealed.

I'm so confused and hyped rn
Good, if they know what it is, tell them to leak it already!

This is the same series where a male :4yoshi: can lay eggs. :upsidedown:
Isn't Birdo referred to as a male in one of Nintendo's manuals for a game that Birdo is in? @PushDustIn You know anything on this/?

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
And all of this happen because Japan and the rest of the world having different ways of interpreting Birdo's gender. You'd think this problem was solved after we knew Birdos were a species, but no since there's always that confusion with her due to various contradictory sources and fans not settling one idea.

In the end of the day, call her an attack helicopter. That made things simpler for Frisk/Chara fans.
Frisk/Chara is a girl.99.99% of undertale fans draw her and depict her as a female but once you say it they get upset.Off topic but that bothers the hell out of me

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Frisk/Chara is a girl.99.99% of undertale fans draw her and depict her as a female but once you say it they get upset.Off topic but that bothers the hell out of me
Coming from an Undertale fan, the whole Frisk/Chara issue is kind of confusing. On one hand, we do know the former is of ambitious gender to make it more assessable to the main audience (allowing fans to choose whichever they want to identify them as as). Some choose to use "them" as a pronoun to reflect this since you know headcanons over Male!Frisk or Female!Frisk leads to fights.

On the other hand, we have those that accept Frisk as male with Chara as the female. Or it's the other way around to make shipping (or Undertail *shudders*) easier. Like the whole Birdo issue, no one can really agree with them have an undefined gender or a known one either way. But that's the Tumblr side of the Undertale fandom for you.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
At least we can mostly agree that it's silly that people get mad over this sort of stuff.

Burruni

Smash Hero

I'd like to note.
I am pretty sure this is Birdo's ONLY apperance since Sticker Star, barring maybe the olympic games who cram themselves with as many characters as possible for padding.

I know she wasn't in MK 7 or 8.
Not in Ultra Smash, or I think World Tour.....

Edit: Or the car Mario Parties.

Like... Mario Golf 3DS is the only thing I think is left

Last edited:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
so hurricane matthew will soon hit orlando down here. bracing myself to not having any power for a while.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Coming from an Undertale fan, the whole Frisk/Chara issue is kind of confusing. On one hand, we do know the former is of ambitious gender to make it more assessable to the main audience (allowing fans to choose whichever they want to identify them as as). Some choose to use "them" as a pronoun to reflect this since you know headcanons over Male!Frisk or Female!Frisk leads to fights.

On the other hand, we have those that accept Frisk as male with Chara as the female. Or it's the other way around to make shipping (or Undertail *shudders*) easier. Like the whole Birdo issue, no one can really agree with them have an undefined gender or a known one either way. But that's the Tumblr side of the Undertale fandom for you.
I assumed Frisk and Chara were both female while playing. idk why

I'll ship female Frisk and Chara with whoever I feel like

D

Deleted member

Pretty sure Frisk is agender as Toby confirmed that iirc. Feminine=/=female
I don't know about Chara but I believe she's female, really

As for Birdo, I always caled her a she, I think the question was never whether Birdo is female or male but rather if she's transgender or not
The only times she has been called a guy were with "joke" attempts or, roughly putting it, "describing what a transexual person is in Layman's Terms"
Personally, I like to think Birdo is transgender though I doubt Nintendo will ever confirm whether she is or isn't

Last edited by a moderator:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
First time I draw something in a while... why I drew SpongeBob stuff of all things though, even I don't know.

The Bucket Head Jellyfish was just a warm up so I don't care how it came out.
Plankton actually looks really nice, but that doesn't mean much considering he should be easy to draw. He is just a thin spec with arms, legs, antennae, and one eye.
Squidward... bottom half doesn't look too bad. The head looks off though. Not sure if it's just me or if something really is wrong with it... Squidward's definitely seen some **** recently though. Probably too much post Season 4 SpongeBob. :troll:

And apparently Twitter has this "new" (quoting that because I'm not sure how new it is: it could just have been there for a while and I just never noticed) thing called "Moments". Judging from the looks of things, it might actually be the whole "longer tweets" thing people have been asking for a while now, but I'm not too sure about that.

:094:

D

Deleted member

I wonder what was the point in the SMB2 instruction manual calling Birdo a "he" and stating that "he thinks he is a girl and would rather be called Birdetta" in the first place. Not that I'm against the idea.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I wonder what was the point in the SMB2 instruction manual calling Birdo a "he" and stating that "he thinks he is a girl and would rather be called Birdetta" in the first place. Not that I'm against the idea.
NoA having a laugh and it not coinciding with Miyamoto's wants with the series.
Like the Koopalings not being Bowser's actual children

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I think the idea is that hurting a girl in video games back then was a bad idea.

Sorta like the whole Poison thing from Capcom.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
oh yes how dare we dehumanize the DINOSAUR...all im saying is seems a bit odd your worried about dehumanizing a dinosaur from a dream world
I think you missed the point completely.

Either that or it's a total lack of empathy.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
oh yes how dare we dehumanize the DINOSAUR...all im saying is seems a bit odd your worried about dehumanizing a dinosaur from a dream world
I knew someone would try their best to strawman this.

It's less about dehumanizing a deformed Dinosaur and more about avoiding the dehumanization of those, as in people, who may identify as trans/non-binary. I mean, if we were having trouble determining the gender of an actual person, the last word they'd want to be referred to as is "it." Just use "they."

D

Deleted member

By that logic, we should be calling Link and Fox "it" as they aren't human

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Its a video game character of a fantacy dinosour

Why should we worry about hurting its feelings, it isnt real?
See Ms. Kurri 's reply, since she is evidently very good at saying the things I mean, but better. :p

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Sometimes fiction is a reflection of the reality behind it. You may not think much of this sort of thing, but it's sometimes these little aggressions like this that fosters really bad attitudes. I mean, using "they" it's not very hard at all. Language is pretty powerful thing. It defines the world around us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom