• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I mean...

Nemesis basically took a **** load of bullets, acid, fire and a rail canon to finally go down.

James Sutherland never had access to that so I'm not sure if we can really say if Pyramid Head was more resiliant. After all, other Silent Hill monsters can die (including a so called god), its possible that Pyramid Head can eventually be overpowered.
The thing is, at least Nemesis was killed in general. As far as I know, Pyramid Head has never actually been killed except by his own suicide.
Not only that, but Nemesis is so utterly fast you couldn't run away. His speed in a Silent Hill game would be terrifying.
I would to pay to see him in a race with Harry Mason.
if anyone even remembers how fast, untiring and how uneven Harry Mason's running was.
I'd imagine that Pyramid Head would be similar to Lisa Trevor from REmake. Slow but powerful and almost invincible.

Though that makes me wonder. If Nemesis was rewritten as a Silent Hill monster, what would he represent?
Considering how he was made to go after STARS members, follows orders on going after said STARS members, how persistent he is in catching and killing them and how he just simply goes after the next victim after killing one quickly, he could represent a hitman/assassin's life/guilt/etc going after said character who was a former assassin/hitman.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The thing is, at least Nemesis was killed in general. As far as I know, Pyramid Head has never actually been killed except by his own suicide.

I would to pay to see him in a race with Harry Mason.
if anyone even remembers how fast, untiring and how uneven Harry Mason's running was.

Considering how he was made to go after STARS members, follows orders on going after said STARS members, how persistent he is in catching and killing them and how he just simply goes after the next victim after killing one quickly, he could represent a hitman/assassin's life/guilt/etc going after said character who was a former assassin/hitman.
[/QUOTE]
How would elements of Nemesis' design play into that, though?

Seriously.

The Final Fantasy fanbase hates itself.

I keep hearing hate for like every game in the franchise.

And yet even FFXIII was popular enough to get 3 games.
Every single Final Fantasy thread on GAF ends the same way

Every game is someone's favorite. Every game is someone's least favorite. Every game is ovverrated. Every game is underrated. Repeat for 20 pages.

Loving FF8 is sad in those threads sometime.
:061:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Every game is someone's favorite. Every game is someone's least favorite. Every game is ovverrated. Every game is underrated. Repeat for 20 pages.

Yeah FF 7 is totally underrated

Ivander

Smash Legend
How would elements of Nemesis' design play into that, though?
Could represent how the character saw themselves as nothing more than a monster that followed orders, with Nemesis' design being based around how said character viewed themselves and representing how much damage he took during said lifetime, hence Nemesis' skin looking very broken, battered and fleshy.
Another possibility besides an assassin or hitman would be a soldier. After all, said soldier could've killed many people under orders and he feels guilt for it. Would also explain Nemesis' rocket launcher as a rocket launcher could've been something the character once wielded.
Edit: Also, in terms of Final Fantasy, V, X and Tactics are my favorite games. Also, their Job Systems(V and Tactics) were awesome. X-2 also had a great Job System, even if it was rather Charlie Angel-esque.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In my dying breath I will still say 6 is the best FF

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Seriously.

The Final Fantasy fanbase hates itself.

I keep hearing hate for like every game in the franchise.

And yet even FFXIII was popular enough to get 3 games.
That sounds almost exactly like the Sonic fandom.

The "almost" is because for the most part the Genesis games seem to be pretty well liked.

Anything else, even from that era, though. . .

. . .Wait, didn't they say that Final Fantasy was on the verge of getting the axe if XV didn't do well? Maybe it's not doing as well as it looks like.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe if FF is axed they'll make more old style rpg's

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That sounds almost exactly like the Sonic fandom.

The "almost" is because for the most part the Genesis games seem to be pretty well liked.

Anything else, even from that era, though. . .

. . .Wait, didn't they say that Final Fantasy was on the verge of getting the axe if XV didn't do well? Maybe it's not doing as well as it looks like.
I don't think I've ever heard Square say that. Regardless, I think it'll suceed.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Maybe if FF is axed they'll make more old style rpg's
Well Bravely Default is already a thing with two games to date and Squeenix seems to work on a lot of action games lately, so I doubt they'd shift their output of classic-style RPGs that much. They'd probably just end up making less RPGs in general instead of making more "old" ones if Final Fantasy was dropped.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
We are the oppressed my friend.

I also feel this way about FFX in some cases. Maybe not so much the game but the hate Tidus gets which is very unwarranted IMO. He's my favorite FF protagonist in the series.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
We now have a second trailer for the upcoming Pokemon Sun and Moon anime.

Doesn't show anything too major other than giving some Alola Pokemon some spotlight: namely an adorable moment of Litten walking, Grubbin attacking Ash, Pyukumuku doing its thing, Bewear being quite the awesome fighter by going all Fighter Kirby on a set of trees, a scene with Alola Exeggutor, and even a clip of Tapu Koko. We also see Ash exploring the streets of Alola with his mom, as well as him diving with a Sharpedo.

I also plan on doing a review/summary of today's episode of XY&Z once I watch it a few hours from now.

Last edited:
We are the oppressed my friend.

I also feel this way about FFX in some cases. Maybe not so much the game but the hate Tidus gets which is very unwarranted IMO. He's my favorite FF protagonist in the series.
HA HA HA HA HA

FFX was the game that made me say I hated all RPGs because of a game crash pissing me off so much.

I have very little memories of the game. I will say though Tidus has one of my favorite designs of any FF hero but that is all I can give it.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699

Doesn't show anything too major other than giving some Alola Pokemon some spotlight: namely an adorable moment of Litten walking, Grubbin attacking Ash, Pyukumuku doing its thing, Bewear being quite the awesome fighter by going all Fighter Kirby on a set of trees, a scene with Alola Exeggutor, and even a clip of Tapu Koko. We also see Ash exploring the streets of Alola with his mom, as well as him diving with a Sharpedo.

I also plan on doing a review/summary of today's episode of XY&Z once I watch it a few hours from now.
Ash got what he deserved from Grubbin. Felt great seeing Bewear in action. I also did not expect alolan exeggutor to be that tall.

D

Deleted member

New ability ideas are always something I like to do:
Archery: boosts the power of non-contact physical moves by 1.3x
Burning Touch: 20% chance to burn the opponent when attacking with a move that makes contact(does not stack with the move's normal burn chance)
Healing Requiem: heals all of the party ailments upon switching in
Provoke: on double and triple battles, draws all physical attacks to this Pokemon
Analysis: boosts power of Super-Effective moves by 1.3x
Black Mist: increases ailment duration and affection ratio but lowers attack accuracy
Ricochet: non-contact moves have a chance of 70% of their base accuracy to hit again if they miss
Ice Shield: boosts defense by 50% during Hail
Full Gain: critical ratio is boosted to 100% but reduces all moves' BP by 1/4
Bloodlust: Attack and Special Attack are boosted by 50% but loses 1/8 of total HP after every hit(still takes effect if the move fails in any way)
Royal Blood: stat-boosting moves also recover 1/8 of HP after use
Illusion Step: boosts evasion by 1.33x speed by 1.5x when HP drops below half
Trance: deals 1.5x damage to Pokemon that are trapped and cannot switch out
Avenger: doubles moves BP if ally fainted last turn
Revenge Seeker: when HP drops below half by an attacking move, traps the attacking Pokemon and doubles Attack and Special Attack, effect wears off after either Pokemon faint
Return By Faint: if this Pokemon faints, goes back one turn before fainting and all actions that took place in the fainting turn are erased(Perish Song counter, any damage, ailments inflicted, items used, etc.). Only works once per battle.
Vantage: grants all moves +2 priority when in a pinch
Absolute Zero: Ice moves used by this Pokemon turn them into the Ice type
Jealous Speed: if this Pokemon's speed is lower than the opponent's, boost Speed by 2 stages
Perfect Shield: in double and triple battles, negates all direct damage to allies during the first turn this Pokemon is out
Crusade: after this Pokemon faints, boosts the Attack and Defense of the switching in Pokemon by 1 stage

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Underestimating the Chicago weather, leaving my rain jacket at home, and wearing what could be one of the least appropriate colors that shouldn't be drowned in rainwater.
There is a wet t-shirt contest joke in here somewhere.

I would be a horrible human being to go looking for it.

Quite horrible indeed.

Did you win, though?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I like how the world was portrayed, this seems much more interactive then before. For example they walk miles, and see maybe one pokemon on a trail. In a realistic setting, I'd see there be loads of pokemon in an area like this trailer shows.

The underwater scene looks great. Seeing all the Pokemon there and their interactions is really nice. I'm interested in seeing where the anime goes with this. The beware scene was also great.

and it was quoted before but disappeared, however in response to Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei 's question,

Seeing those two horror icons switch with each other would be pretty neat. It would require some reformatting, but seeing a crossover like that could be cool. I'd like to see where they go with it if they ever decided to do this.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
There is a wet t-shirt contest joke in here somewhere.

I would be a horrible human being to go looking for it.

Quite horrible indeed.

Did you win, though?
I would have won if there's a way to touch something intangible, massive, and way above sea level. Oh and the cheap lightning would make it impossible to shoot.

God: 1

Aussie: 0

Sorry baby, couldn't resist.

Please don't hurt me.
It's alright. Too embarrassed to really care at the comment considering all the extra eyes checking me out the way home. Sorry you had to put up with that ****. I guess that's what you would call "the thirst being real". It's like these high school boys never heard of or seen bosoms before.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
HA HA HA HA HA

FFX was the game that made me say I hated all RPGs because of a game crash pissing me off so much.

I have very little memories of the game. I will say though Tidus has one of my favorite designs of any FF hero but that is all I can give it.
Was it the crash in Luca? That happened to me on my old PS2 FFX disk.

X is my favorite FF of all time personally. It's more nostalgic to me than VII.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's alright. Too embarrassed to really care at the comment considering all the extra eyes checking me out the way home. Sorry you had to put up with that ****. I guess that's what you would call "the thirst being real". It's like these high school boys never heard of or seen bosoms before.
Virgins in a nutshell.

Not to sound like a **** or anything, but that's sort of the truth. Though there are some out their that can control those urges or are just plain asexual.

Take my youngest brother for example who wants to take as many girls as possible or make his moves on girls in another school while he already has a girlfriend. It's amazing that the two never broke up by now.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I would have won if there's a way to touch something intangible, massive, and way above sea level.
Speaking of bosoms, somewhere in here is a bosom joke.

But seriously, quite sorry you had to go through that. I can't imagine.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I have no idea

It is during one of the summonner fights or something. I think it was for Ifrit in that giant field.

IDK my memory of that game is very hazy.
Must have been Kilika (the island that gets ruined by Sin).
Virgins in a nutshell.

Not to sound like a **** or anything, but that's sort of the truth. Though there are some out their that can control those urges or are just plain asexual.

Take my youngest brother for example who wants to take as many girls as possible or make his moves on girls in another school while he already has a girlfriend. It's amazing that the two never broke up by now.
I have a tendency to glance at women I find attractive as well. Not that i'm a creep about it but it's a bad habit I have.

I also don't have any shame in having or not having my virginity. People who brag about not having their virginity like it's a badge of honor are some of the most insecure people IMO.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Speaking of bosoms, somewhere in here is a bosom joke.

But seriously, quite sorry you had to go through that. I can't imagine.
Now I can admit, this did make me laugh. :laugh:

Seriously speaking, no worries mate. Going to have a nice change of clothes and treat today's incident as a past memory. Something I can look back on and laugh instead of dreading it. Bigger accidents happened in the past, like running into the wrong bathroom (but that's a subject for another day).

Last edited:

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386

My first Final Fantasy game was FF8. What I like about FF8 today is the soundtrack. That soundtrack was pretty good. (Can you put more tracks in the next Smash if you're involved Square Enix, please?)

It was FF8, FF7, FF6, and FF5 that got me into the series. I saw those games when I was younger.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I have a tendency to glance at women I find attractive as well. Not that i'm a creep about it but it's a bad habit I have.

I also don't have any shame in having or not having my virginity. People who brag about not having their virginity like it's a badge of honor are some of the most insecure people IMO.
The last part is true. Those guys are definitely the worst. High school wasn't easy on me when a couple pals and classmates joke about having so much "protection" that can never be used because the virginity was strong with me. Glad that things took a better turn in college though.

I'm never the type that brags since some people are lucky and others aren't, just like it takes a lot in order to make real efforts to move out the friendzone and form a deeper bond with that person. Even we have our moments where our eyes can wonder to the wrong places.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Don't forget the girls that think it's a contest to see who can find the hottest guy and root (take a wild guess what I mean by this)!

Not like that's really a common problem for girls in college or high school.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I've come up with a few abilities for the Fakédex I'm making.

• Plunder: If not holding an item, the opposing Pokémon's item will be taken.
  • Switchy Swappy: When switched out, the user and the Pokémon switched to will swap a random move in their set.
  • Deflector Skin: Every other physical attack that hits the user will only do 3 damage.
  • Protection: A move that targets the user might be blocked. The chance for this to work decreases by 10% each time.
  • Annoy: When the user avoids an attack, the attacker's Atk or Sp. Atk, depending on the move's category, will lower by 2.
Protection was for a Pokémon I made that's a Protect that's alive.

My first Final Fantasy game was FF8. What I like about FF8 today is the soundtrack. That soundtrack was pretty good.
Can confirm. Godlike soundtrack. Sadly the PC screws up some songs.

Using this as an excuse to link FF8 music

My favorite regular boss theme in music

That one song everyone likes

The song that is competing with Phendrana Drifts for my favorite video game song of all time (it's soooo good)

I could go on for a while but only 5 videos per page and all that

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The last part is true. Those guys are definitely the worst. High school wasn't easy on me when a couple pals and classmates joke about having so much "protection" that can never be used because the virginity was strong with me. Glad that things took a better turn in college though.

I'm never the type that brags since some people are lucky and others aren't, just like it takes a lot in order to make real efforts to move out the friendzone and form a deeper bond with that person. Even we have our moments where our eyes can wonder to the wrong places.
I hope I didn't creep you out with my first sentence lol. I'm not the kind of guy the hits on women. Just like to enjoy the view some times :shades:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom