• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I just saw the weirdest thing ever posted on the pokecommunity:
Eh, the japanese aspect waters down Trump's own bizzareness. He is definitely most bizzare on his own. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
New Pokemon Abilities?

Inversion: Causes all Supereffective attacks to be NVE and all NVE/non-hit attacks to be Supereffective.
Glacier: Halves physical damage to the Pokemon and any Ice-type Pokemon also in play with them in Doubles.
Frost Zone: Halve special damage to the pokemon and any Ice-type Pokemon also in play with them in Doubles.
Vampirism: Causes the Pokemon to regain a small amount of health when using a Physical attack.
Soul Drain: Causes the Pokemon to regain a small amount of health when using a Special attack.
Multi-Hitter: Causes all physical moves to divide their attack power between multiple hits.
Haunt: Allows Ghost-type moves to hit Normal types.
Draining Vines: Allows Leech Seed to effect all Pokemon regardless of type.
Nerve Lock: Allows Paralysis to effect all Pokemon regardless of type.

. . .A lot of repeating ideas swapped around for physical/special damage and other things, but that's a start?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
New Pokemon Abilities?

Inversion: Causes all Supereffective attacks to be NVE and all NVE/non-hit attacks to be Supereffective.
Glacier: Halves physical damage to the Pokemon and any Ice-type Pokemon also in play with them in Doubles.
Frost Zone: Halve special damage to the pokemon and any Ice-type Pokemon also in play with them in Doubles.
Vampirism: Causes the Pokemon to regain a small amount of health when using a Physical attack.
Soul Drain: Causes the Pokemon to regain a small amount of health when using a Special attack.
Multi-Hitter: Causes all physical moves to divide their attack power between multiple hits.
Ghost Hunter: Allows Normal-type moves to hit Ghost types.

. . .A lot of repeating ideas swapped around for physical/special damage and other things, but that's a start?
Scrappy already allows normal pokemon to hit ghosts.

Although I guess it also allows fighting type moves to hit.

Your ability would be a weaker version

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
New Pokemon Abilities?

Ghost Hunter already exists, it's called Scrappy and it affects Fighting type moves too
dammit

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Alright, so if you were here recently I mentioned that the art style of Dragon Quest games always totally turned me off them immediately. Dragon Quest 11 looks absolutely beautiful though and I'm really considering jumping into that one. But I want to play one, or more if I enjoy them, before 11. Should I go with VII or VIII on the 3DS? Or one of the DS ones which are IV, V, VI, and IX? I'm totally up for buying any of them. I just want to know which ones y'all would recommend.

Also, hell yeah, Ash Greninja in Sun & Moon!
I'd recommend DQ 9 because its the one I played first and it still is the only one because Square Enix is late. It's absoultely amazing to the point I did 3 playthroughs of it and spent 400+hrs in total because yes it's that good and yes I'm crazy.

But if you choose the 3DS remakes, defo go with 8. I heard its the better one most of the time.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
New Pokemon Abilities?

These are great... Ghost Hunter already exists in Scrappy.

I'll have a go at my own in a sec.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Scrappy already allows normal pokemon to hit ghosts.

Although I guess it also allows fighting type moves to hit.

Your ability would be a weaker version
Ghost Hunter already exists, it's called Scrappy and it affects Fighting type moves too
dammit
Somehow I knew I would forget something and list a repeat.

Removed it from the list.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Scrappy will have a special place in my heart.
Why?
Wondertombers.
Thinking they're all mighty.
I have four words for you.

Kangaskhan used Low Kick!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
One abilitiy I really want is one Uranium has called blood sucker.

When using fang or draining moves, you get health back. So you can get two hp recovers at onnce.

It be pretty cool.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Honestly both mimes and clowns are pretty annoying. They don't deserve the same air I breathe.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm the mood for cereal thanks to staring at my own avatar.

Coincidence, I think not!

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
i made the best abillity

No sell: gets a physical attack stat boost when hit by fighting type moves and takes no damage, makes the pokemon weak to steel, if the pokemon with this abbility is fighting type it gets no stat boost

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Can't wait for this dumb election to be over with. no matter what the outcome will be, I think the people will be fine. We seen some stupid and tough stuff in the past and we moved on from that. neither Trump or Clinton can change any of that.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Here's a question.

How would you feel if Nemesis appeared in a Silent Hill game?

How would you feel if Pyramid Head appeared in a Resident Evil game?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Projared came out with a new video, about Final Fantasy's worst mistakes.

And I got a nice new Reaction video out of it. This will come in handy later.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Somehow I knew I would forget something and list a repeat.

Removed it from the list.
My third most used pokemon, Exploud has Scrappy

Think my 210 base damage normal attack with no negative reproductions and can hit through substitute can't hit your ghost? Think again

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Here's a question.

It would be really strange. I mean, Nemesis is about the brutality and Pyramid Head is about the symbolism. They feel out of place in the other not because of their designs in general, but because of the greatly different approaches and themes both take. They both are persistent stalkers, but Nemesis does so because of orders while Pyramid Head does so out of their victim's guilt. Also, has Pyramid Head actually been killed by somebody else compared to Nemesis?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
How are you doing mates?

Today was one of the biggest screw-ups I've ever done. Underestimating the Chicago weather, leaving my rain jacket at home, and wearing what could be one of the least appropriate colors that shouldn't be drowned in rainwater. Never again will I leave my only means of protection from heavy rain and of course censorship. :emptysheep:

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Here's a question.

Nemesis in Silent Hill would be legit scary since you have zero means of defending yourself ever. So good luck to getting back up.

Pyramid Head in Resident Evil would depend if they are still going with the metaphorical reason for his existence. Or rewrite him as a biologically engineered weapon that can get his own boss fight.

How are you doing mates?

Today was one of the biggest screw-ups I've ever done. Underestimating the Chicago weather, leaving my rain jacket at home, and wearing what could be one of the least appropriate colors that shouldn't be drowned in rainwater. Never again will I leave my only means of protection from heavy rain and of course censorship. :emptysheep:

I would have used my umbrella just for keeping you dry if SOMEBODY wasn't borrowing it for the day. So there was nothing I would have done to prevent unless you wanted to huddle (not like you would have been less wet).

This train ride home alone should be enough to dry everything. That way you won't be the center of attention anymore.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Also, has Pyramid Head actually been killed by somebody else compared to Nemesis?
I mean...

Nemesis basically took a **** load of bullets, acid, fire and a rail canon to finally go down.

James Sutherland never had access to that so I'm not sure if we can really say if Pyramid Head was more resiliant. After all, other Silent Hill monsters can die (including a so called god), its possible that Pyramid Head can eventually be overpowered.

Nemesis in Silent Hill would be legit scary since you have zero means of defending yourself ever.
Not only that, but Nemesis is so utterly fast you couldn't run away. His speed in a Silent Hill game would be terrifying.

Pyramid Head in Resident Evil would depend if they are still going with the metaphorical reason for his existence. Or rewrite him as a biologically engineered weapon that can get his own boss fight.
I'd imagine that Pyramid Head would be similar to Lisa Trevor from REmake. Slow but powerful and almost invincible.

Though that makes me wonder. If Nemesis was rewritten as a Silent Hill monster, what would he represent?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I haven't watched it but I'm betting FF8 is one of them.
That's the thing, it's the worst THINGS, not only games so it includes bad business decisions and ports as well so it's not on the list. He counts it as a bad game in the summary though.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Seriously.

The Final Fantasy fanbase hates itself.

I keep hearing hate for like every game in the franchise.

And yet even FFXIII was popular enough to get 3 games.

Chrono.

Seriously.

The Final Fantasy fanbase hates itself.

I keep hearing hate for like every game in the franchise.

And yet even FFXIII was popular enough to get 3 games.
Each game is really different from each other, it's bound to be divisive.

Personally the only FF mainline games I've really enjoyed are the PS1 trilogy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom