• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It seems Pokémon GO was released officially in large parts of Africa on 4th and 5th October.

Time for a map update.

Countries where some form of Pokémon is available officially.
View attachment 118553
might wanna change that now that people arent playing it anymore

which brings up this question. who is still playing it?

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Just because it doesn't have the same level of popularity it had back in the summer doesn't mean that people don't play it anymore.

I never liked Pokemon so it didn't pique my interest.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Just because it doesn't have the same level of popularity it had back in the summer doesn't mean that people don't play it anymore.

I never liked Pokemon so it didn't pique my interest.
Ive heard they were losing players a while back tho. Thats why I said that, sorry

I havent touched mine in weeks pff

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

which brings up this question. who is still playing it?
It's past its peak, but it's quite popular.

Ninantic is still releasing updates (the catch-rate boosting one is coming soon) and has plans to release it new regions this year (notably Russia and India).

D

Deleted member

3D World 1st playthrough update:

I think I fell in love of this song.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
You think Nintendo can get Pokemon GO running in North Korea?
They can release it no bother. It's distribution that's the trouble.

Chrono.

Niantic pretty much murdered GO's momentum, but it's still popular.

Once a big updates comes out (like second gen Pokemon) I have a feeling it'll pick up again.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
This is something.
Interesting, I think the translator's interpretation about Vikavolt and Yungoos are probably spot on as it makes sense with the former due to Charjabug allowing for a unique fighting experience while the latter is only connected to Alolan Rattata at any point in time. The last line is probably what's going to catch everyone's eye as that line is very reminiscent of the Corocoro line that has been hotly debated, and could refer to the starters. If that's the case, then it does confirms that the secret they share with Rockruff is in fact the same. So if that's true, then whatever Rockruff gets could go to the starters (which would include split evos, though I'm not as sure on that one anymore) while the starters could give Rockruff anything special about them (like Bond Phenomenon if it is used for other Pokémon as a new mechanic).

Well, no matter the case, it looks like we may not be in the dark for long as it's been confirmed that the download size for the full Sun and Moon game is 3.2 GB. The good thing about that is that is a huge game, double the amount XY had and a little short of the same with ORAS, so we may be in for a large experience with it. However, that also confirms that the Sun and Moon demo has 8% of the main game's data (.4 GB vs. 3.2GB), which is a bit worrying as that's exactly in the same ballpark as the ORAS demo (which had 7.2% of the data) and that could mean that a lot of information is still in that demo just waiting to be datamined like before. I hope I'm wrong in that assessment, but the possibility of the entire game getting leaked out is growing more likely.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
It is but man did it cripple the DR bad

It's mostly me, Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo @Phantump Dark redfeatherraven redfeatherraven @Coricus AndreaAC AndreaAC and @NonSpecificDonnieDarko

And the small occasional showings of @Cyndane Space Stranger Space Stranger and @Chainz
=3= I haven't been on Smashboards overall as often as before, therefore I haven't been much in the DR either, I mean, I sometimes check but I don't say anything, I have been on DA and Skype more lately, I was going to use Discord, but it confused the Hell out of me.

:p But I do miss telling you that Overrated Italian Assassin Guy is ...well, Overrated! Hehe.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
If Smashified releases a new video all about Vaati this week, I would seriously give them all of my life figures in gratitude.

Yes, that's how much I really want to see a professional 3D model of Vaati.

D

Deleted member

This question is just for a project, but how what words would some of you use to describe me?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
This question is just for a project, but how what words would some of you use to describe me?
Silly, sarcastic, smart, mature.

That's all I've got for you while I wait for that Yumi mousepad. :love:

D

Deleted member

cant be of much help there, im ver sorry. I bearly know ya
I understand, though that's part of the project I'm working on, if I just ask someone close I'd get predictable answers, especially the people that know me from the inside and out.

But asking people that can only describe me based on how I act, that's more interesting.

D

Deleted member

Y update:
Team:
Frojer
Joker
Jawseph
Galaxia
Fire Birb
Grover
Today, using all of my free time (Which was in the bus and in my school breaks) I beat the game.
The Elite Four were pathetic, and Diantha was even more pathetic. Joker one-shotted her Mega Gardevoir with Sludge Bomb (I know Mega Gengar has a really high sp. atk stat, but doesn't Mega Gardevoir have a really high sp. def stat?
Anyway, afterwards I caught Zygarde and Mewtwo (Skipped Moltres because I don't have time for it), both of which were rather easy to catch... Then again, I used a Capture Power...
Then I did the Looker missions quickly and beat the game.
I surprisingly enjoyed this playthrough, even though I used to consider it to be one of the weakest games in the series (Well, that is, after I played the other gens... Y was my first Pokemon game), and while I still don't consider it to be on my top 5, I still like it alot.
Tomorrow I'm gonna start my Alpha Sapphire Playthrough... If I can beat it quickly enough, I'll might start my HeartGold playthrough before Sun and Moon release, which shouldn't be a problem since I'm not gonna catch every single legendary until later on.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
It's libertarian idealism. All about the free market. As little government control as possible

Including no government control of police and military

A world where the rich have all the power
That would be Anarchism, the extremists of Libertarianism. The thing behind libertarian ideals are that, theoretically, the rich wouldn't be bailed out by the government. They think government interference doesn't allow the free market to properly grow. We would, again theoretically, have great options without overdone regulations. Libertarians (as in libertarian governing) would allow a big business to fail when a big business is on a verge of collapse. In short, libertarian governing doesn't bailout the rich. Only the customers do that.

Minarchism sees reasoning behind having a government, but still favors a smaller government. If a minarchist society favors liberties, they can still be considered libertarian in nature.

I think at all levels of economics (Rich, mid class, poor) they are going to be jerks. You would have to look at their character, and likely, motivations for their actions, as well as the actions themselves.

Minarchism vs Anarchism debates in libertarian groups do happen. It's not the only debate, though.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Don't you just love tweeting about terrible video game redesigns that no one bats an eye at (Bomberman)?

Burruni

Smash Hero
Y'know what.
Let's have some Pokefun!
Make up some new abilities.

Insectivore: Nullifies bug type attacks and increases Atk stat by one stage (please Carnivine, gain this and not be a flytrap weak to bug)
Drowsy Fluff: Contact damage leaves attacker with a 25% chance to fall asleep

Just for example

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
Limbsy - physical attacks hit twice (second hit has half power).
it'd be like parental bond but for pokemon with multiple limbs or arms such as machoke :068:, :165:/:166:, :237:, or :190:/ambipom

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Y'know what.
Let's have some Pokefun!

Insectivore: Nullifies bug type attacks and increases Atk stat by one stage (please Carnivine, gain this and not be a flytrap weak to bug)

Just for example
New abilities huh? Let's see... what would shake up the meta...

Honor Duel: User and opponent's held items cease to have effect. (does not effect Mega Stones or Z-Crystals)
Dense Mass: Removes foes Ground-Type immunity
Charizard will be relevant again godamn it: If the foe uses Stealth Rock, their 3DS slams shut on their fingers

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
Charizard will be relevant again godamn it: If the foe uses Stealth Rock, their 3DS slams shut on their fingers
too bad those stealth rocks are one of the best ways to take out talonflame, because now charizard, moltres, & ho-oh have to deal with it

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
:p But I do miss telling you that Overrated Italian Assassin Guy is ...well, Overrated! Hehe.
I see that you're spreading lies again :4villager:

No one bats an eye at?

It killed the series and it's universally hated.

I'm pretty sure people batted a couple eyes at it.
I wouldn't say it killed it since it got some decent PS3 games after it but damn did it damage it.
View attachment 118563 Who dares wake me from my slumber.

Without coffee.
You were asleep when I tagged you

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Y'know what.
Let's have some Pokefun!

Just for example
Married with my job: Immune to Destiny Bond

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Y'know what.
Let's have some Pokefun!

Just for example
Well for my bug/ice Weta pokemon idea...
It would have an ability called 'Quick Thaw'
When hit with a fire type attack it would nullify the damage for one turn lose its Ice typing and gain a x2 boost in Speed and Attack...

It would also activate when exposed to harsh sunlight or hit with a Will-o-Wisp and Scald...

Last edited:
Y'know what.
Let's have some Pokefun!

Just for example
Frigid Body: Contact damage leaved attacker with a 30% chance to freeze.

Atheist (or Sceptic): Halves the damage taken from Ghost, Fairy and Dragon type attacks.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Remember when Yumi was the most overrated Senran Kagura character?

I sure don't. :laugh:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
They can release it no bother. It's distribution that's the trouble.
North Korean citizens are cut off from the internet as we know it.

They have a separate internet that can only be accessed from inside the country. So, no not even proxies or VPN can get you out, because it's literally a separate network.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Y'know what.
Let's have some Pokefun!

Just for example
Play Dead: Feigns falling to an opponent's attack, complete with a Pokémon switch. However, it has a chance to "revive" one to three turns later at half health. Would be exclusive to that Normal-Ghost opossum I want so much and could potentially be really broken. :p

Bad Influence: If the opponent KO's your Pokémon, their ability becomes Truant.

Dexterity: Allows a Pokémon to use man made items in battle.

Dragon Slayer: Pokémon gains a Sharp Attack Boost after KO'ing a Dragon type Pokémon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom