• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So...apparently there's this thing going on where people are dressing up as clowns and start terrorizing others on the streets (first it was just harmless mischief and scaring until things escalated to some more serious crimes), which has been going on in the US as well as in Canada...

And it seems there's a bloke doing it in my town as well...

Seriously WTF is wrong with people?
This whole situation reminds me of this.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I think it's indirectly connected with the remake of "It" coming out
Wait, they're remaking IT?

That movie will not be the same if Tim Curry isn't cast as Pennywise...I feel like the movie really doesn't need a remake though...

D

Deleted member

That movie will not be the same if Tim Curry isn't cast as Pennywise...I feel like the movie really doesn't need a remake though...
Nah, Tim Curry's not playing Pennywise.
And pennywise is pretty eh...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

It certainly is not the same

Edit: Ninja'd

Last edited:

Soul.

how good is the nintenzone discord

source gaming also has a discord server. is that good too?

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
So...apparently there's this thing going on where people are dressing up as clowns and start terrorizing others on the streets (first it was just harmless mischief and scaring until things escalated to some more serious crimes), which has been going on in the US as well as in Canada...

i was actually going to bring this up a few seconds ago...my favorite parrt was the time a woman got a school shut down for a day because she was running later for work so she faked a clown attack and said they were going to go to the school next....granted actual clown attacks have happened....and you may want to avoid any open storm drains and the sewers...especially if you see confetti

D

Deleted member

Man that aint scary
Ironically they took out any creepyness from Pennywise by making him the most generic look for being scarry. They gave him black clothing and made him look as evil as possible. While the one in the original movie was a lot more surreal. Same goes for the book, the whole reason why Pennywise even takes the clown form is to try to lure children, he's suppose to bright and colorful. What makes clowns so creepy to so many people is of how awkward and unsettling they are despite them suppose to be fun and joyful.

I can't believe I just did a whole paragraph on clowns. :p

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
lul The freaking clows are starting to appear in Texas, specifically El Paso.
Im sure they're not dumb enough to cross to México tho.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I know that America is in a bit of a spot right now.

But to people saying that this is the worst its been, that's a silly notion.

Trump and Clinton (Yeah, I said and. They caused each other.) will destroy America or even hurt it in the long run.

We survived the Civil War.
We survived The Great Depression.
We survived both World Wars.

America can and will survive the next 4-8 years.

America's strength has never been being the best. America's strength was how people kept going despite that fact that things were bad.

America will only give up and die if its people do.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
lul The freaking clows are starting to appear in Texas, specifically El Paso.
Im sure they're not dumb enough to cross to México tho.
if one does, can you record him getting beat up for me?
To late, people are already acting like that

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

Trump and Clinton (Yeah, I said and. They caused each other.) will destroy America or even hurt it in the long run.

America's strength has never been being the best. America's strength was how people kept going despite that fact that things were bad.

Hey how publicized was the whole Pentagon paid for fake terrorist videos thing over there? People in Australia were pretty shocked but it seems like the whole issue is being glossed over a little. I mean, that's a pretty big deal, despite the amount of money wasted.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Not even close.
idk, ive seen plenty of people give up completly, eh *shrugs*
Of course :denzel:
Going out after 10pm in the borderland is asking to get whooped no matter how creepy you look.
Seeing how stupid they are now, one of them is gonna try. I wouldnt be shocked if one got shot in texas.

and I just had a thought, did these clowns start right at the start of October? Because it sounds like some stuff a halloween junkie would do

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey how publicized was the whole Pentagon paid for fake terrorist videos thing over there? People in Australia were pretty shocked but it seems like the whole issue is being glossed over a little. I mean, that's a pretty big deal, despite the amount of money wasted.
Hadn't looked at the news as I'm swamped with homework.

Just looked at it now.

No that surprised honestly. Stuff like this happens all the time. It's less surprising that European countries seem to be involved as well.

This stuff happens all the time for various reasons.

Is it bad? Yeah. But am I shocked? No.

Then again, I dunno how publicized it was. I mean, I checked the internet for it which will give me exactly what I wanted.

Regardless, what did that have to do with my point?

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

Seeing how stupid they are now, one of them is gonna try

and I just had a thought, did these clowns start right at the start of October? Because it sounds like some stuff a halloween junkie would do
One must not push anecdotes as fact.
The American people have already persevered through many other tough times, 4-8 years of this isn't going to kill anyone

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Seeing how stupid they are now, one of them is gonna try. I wouldnt be shocked if one got shot in texas.

The common theory is thay everything is a big stunt to promote "IT".

Other one is that simply a dude decided to mess up with people by dressing as a clown and as usual others started to imitate him because for some dumb reason every single weird thing must be a trend at some point now.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Hadn't looked at the news as I'm swamped with homework.

Just looked at it now.

No that surprised honestly. Stuff like this happens all the time. It's less surprising that European countries seem to be involved as well.

This stuff happens all the time for various reasons.

Is it bad? Yeah. But am I shocked? No.

Then again, I dunno how publicized it was. I mean, I checked the internet for it which will give me exactly what I wanted.

Regardless, what did that have to do with my point?
Not a whole lot, but you talking about the US made me remember it. We get a weird, filtered version of your news over here.

I just thought it was big news but it seems all that's spoken about atm is the election.

It's crazy how different your election system is to ours. One think I really like about yours is the primaries. We don't get that - the party picks the leader.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
No you haven't.

I know what giving up looks like. America hasn't yet.

I just thought it was big news but it seems all that's spoken about atm is the election.
Oh my gosh, yes.

They won't shut up about it. A nuke could go off and they'd still be talking about it.

I guess its mainly because they have to fill up a whole day of stuff but ugh...

It's crazy how different your election system is to ours. One think I really like about yours is the primaries. We don't get that - the party picks the leader.
Yeah, our primaries are actually kind of neat.

But they're kind of flawed as the popular vote can still lose...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

I do think these are the most divisive elections in recent memory. Trump and Clinton both have downright fierce supporters and detractors. This election period has seen many simmering social tensions boil over though, like an old would getting opened again.

I don't think America is going to break down - it's not like there is going to be a coup d'état or anything, and the senate is still more powerful than the president. But this election is going to be a transformative one.

Other countries are watching this election anxiously as the policies US is going to follow in next 4-8 years have never been this uncertain.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, has anyone played "Rune Factory"?

I'm thinking about getting Rune Factory 4 because I like the harvest moon games, but I've never played that series before

Should I start on the first one?

D

Deleted member

The US might even survive but no matter what this elections will hurt it badly
And thing is, it's not just the US but part of the world loses too with both Trump's and Hillary's commercial plans
Besides, I'm scared of what Trump would do to all the social movements, he might just end up ****ing everything that has been done so far
America will only give up and die if its people do
And you just jinxed it

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699

There's quite a few people doing it in my area apparently.
This show was the ****.

That's all I can say before I get some beauty sleep. :p
Along with Codename Kids Next Door, yes it was.
The Killer Klowns from Outer Space are more scary

Indeed they are, especially when you think in detail about what they're doing and how they're doing it.

Chrono.

This is something.
Post from Bulbagarden forums said:
Just found something on Riddler's thread. I'm not sure if you guys have discussed this but here is what I found.

He used to say some new Pokemon have secret, like Vilkavolt's secret is: "its true identity is *beep*" (I think Vikavolt is Totem Pokemon since Vikavolt can clasp Charjabug to charge), Yungoos line's secret is: "a certain old Pokemon line's *beep* (I think he wants to say about Alolan Rattata since they are like archenemy), and Rockruff's secret and *beep* are the same. <- this makes me feel interesting :)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It seems Pokémon GO was released officially in large parts of Africa on 4th and 5th October.

Time for a map update.

Countries where some form of Pokémon is available officially.
Untitled.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom