• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
You'd just like to see it or would you kick her for trying to do so? I guess it's how they say: "get you a girl who can do both"
Heh, both sounds good. Though that can involve me getting sued (IF she does have a lawyer on her side, though Azure never told me about it) or arrested for battery. Though I personally prefer to use my kicks for self defense than intentional violence.

Trust me. You are talking about the same woman who almost kicked my brother and sister out of our households for being bicurious (even though their relationship with their same sex ex's didn't go well).

Call me crazy, but you shouldn't underestimate a subtle extremist like her.
So she's a human, African American, Chirstian version of
Smellwether
mixed with Claude Frollo?

That's good to know. Normally I would call her out for homophobia, but it's understandable if your siblings' past same sex relationships at the time didn't go well.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So she's a human, African American, Chirstian version of
Smellwether
mixed with Claude Frollo?

That's good to know. Normally I would call her out for homophobia, but it's understandable if your siblings' past same sex relationships at the time didn't go well.
Can safely confirm that we are too lower middle class to afford a damn lawyer. There will be no sueing involved. Expect the latter to happen though, she likes to call the police whenever she's attacked by someone (trust me, this happened a lot with my old man before they got divorced). LOL, no way in hell she's anywhere near as extreme as those two. She definitely wouldn't cause LGBT genocide or having all the heterosexuals be afraid of the LGBT around them like them.

Sh, let her do it and let her learn, say nothing

Let it blow up in both her and your moms face, thats how people learn

Its like my mom She goes " I dont care!" Then it blows up in her face and she starts crying Then she never acts stupid ever again
Just curious, was this a fight between your mother and father or something completely different?

You can feel free to spoiler it if it's too personal.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Just curious, was this a fight between your mother and father or something completely different?
lol, it was her own stupidity, Doing something dumb, I say" You gun learn" She goes " Idc" So I walk away, she does a dumb and she learned

And I laughed while she yelled about it

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly, yeah, the whole "college is easier than high school" thing is nuts. Not because college is overly hard, but because as far as experiences go, high school is one of the easiest ones one has to face in life.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
And I used to think I was the only one with a tricky relationship with my family here lol.

Glad to see a lot of us have something in common here.
Honestly, yeah, the whole "college is easier than high school" thing is nuts. Not because college is overly hard, but because as far as experiences go, high school is one of the easiest ones one has to face in life.
This is the exact opposite for me. High School was hell for me so many times.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And I used to think I was the only one with a tricky relationship with my family here lol.

I do consider myself lucky in the sense that I am on great terms with my parents.

My extended family, however...yikes. Let me tell ya.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

I think tricky relationships with family is the norm. There are just so many intricacies in family dynamics it is impossible for it to not be tricky. A person is lucky if it is not.

Then again, those intricacies make it interesting.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
LOL, no way in hell she's anywhere near as extreme as those two. She definitely wouldn't cause LGBT genocide or having all the heterosexuals be afraid of the LGBT around them like them.
The comparison was clearly a joke mate. Exaggeration is the best source of humor like they'd always say.

Sadly, the latter is still a common problem in this world. Hate and fear around anyone that didn't follow the "acceptable" social norms of sexuality or gender. It's one of the main things why it took many years for me to be true with myself since high scool and grade school weren't too kind on the girl loving another girl schtick.

Chrono.

I do consider myself lucky in the sense that I am on great terms with my parents.

Oh yeah, compared to my extended family, my immediate family are a perfect 10. I feel ya.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Embrace that man. Not a lot of people are able to say that. Me especially.
I think tricky relationships with family is the norm. There are just so many intricacies in family dynamics it is impossible for it to not be tricky. A person is lucky if it is not.

Then again, those intricacies make it interesting.
For me it makes me want to smash my head against a wall for how stupid it all is. The love-hate for most people is usually towards the love side but for me it's greatly shifted towards the hate side.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The comparison was clearly a joke mate. Exaggeration is the best source of humor like they'd always say.

Sadly, the latter is still a common problem in this world. Hate and fear around anyone that didn't follow the "acceptable" social norms of sexuality or gender. It's one of the main things why it took many years for me to be true with myself since high scool and grade school weren't too kind on the girl loving another girl schtick.
And don't forget that the conservatives feel that this "politically correct bull****" is what's ruining America and turning people away from God's light. With the country having accepted same sex marriage throughout all the states, many Christian communities (even my church) came to the conclusion that the world should be purged from this evil and the homosexuals are the true enemy to our "perfect kingdom".

Some of my closest friends since grade school are like this and I take no part in it since a liberal like me would only be seen as "part of the problem". That's right, I'm afraid of ruining my closest friendships because of their conservative patriotic beliefs. What a world we live in.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Seeing all this talk of relationships and marriage...

Relationships are always two way street, I feel like too many people overlook this...I see so many peeps complain about their partners but yet I'm wondering if they are still providing their part as well...So many relationships turn out so badly and sometimes I just wonder why so many people rush into them so quickly...I've known some people and they've always been in a relationship...if they are single it usually doesn't last more than a week before they find another relationship...

Not that I'm 100% content being single, but I just can't be bothered with the whole courting process considering I've got other things to worry about...And knowing some people who've had some really bad relationships and nasty break-ups, it's really discouraged me from trying...I need to know I can trust my partner if I'm going to be in a relationship, I have a hard time doing that with people outside of my current family...

As for marriage...I'm very on the fence about it...It's a big commitment, one that can greatly benefit your relationship or one that can greatly damage it...Although in my current situation, I can't really see myself getting married at all, perhaps this is simply because I'm single but considering all the financial obligations it's not something that's on my mind at all...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
My family is the quintessential WASP family. I swear we are freaking mayonnaise on white bread. I could see us as a Hallmark card.
Nowadays I'm more atheist than anything (though I am interested in mythology). And nowadays plenty of things I disagree with when it comes to my values as opposed to my parents. They regularly watch Fox News for heaven's sake.

But honestly I can't say I hate them. I mean either way they are my family. I can't ignore them even if I tried.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
And don't forget that the conservatives feel that this "politically correct bull****" is what's ruining America and turning people away from God's light. With the country having accepted same sex marriage throughout all the states, many Christian communities (even my church) came to the conclusion that the world should be purged from this evil and the homosexuals are the true enemy to our "perfect kingdom".

Some of my closest friends since grade school are like this and I take no part in it since a liberal like me would only be seen as "part of the problem". That's right, I'm afraid of ruining my closest friendships because of their conservative patriotic beliefs. What a world we live in.
The answer is simple, **** those friends. If all they ever do is ramble on about how their perfect country is ruined by important changes to society and they would seriously hate you for opposing their political views, then they were never your friends to begin with.

There are much better people than them in this world, like this forum. Just think about it for a while and you'll probably stand up for yourself.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Not for me, it hasn't been. Things, really bad things, have happened involving people in my grade, because of how big the workload for us is. It puts a ton of stress on us. We've had to miss multiple classes already for psychology sessions and just talking about how stressed we are. We haven't even finished the first quarter yet.
It's better than middle school though, I can say that. At least I feel like I'm learning, albeit slowly and with a ton of work covering it.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The answer is simple, **** those friends. If all they ever do is ramble on about how their perfect country is ruined by important changes to society and they would seriously hate you for opposing their political views, then they were never your friends to begin with.

There are much better people than them in this world, like this forum. Just think about it for a while and you'll probably stand up for yourself.
You know what, you are absolutely correct. I am sick and tired of seeing their usual conservative ****ing on my Facebook feed everyday and they rarely have been saying anything substantial to me lately other than the annual birthday messages.

Then again, most of my old friends are busy with their own personal lives. But those two in particular do nothing but ***** about "muh political correctness" and "'Merica is ****ed" complaints far too long for comfort. Best thing I can to is pull out the Block Hammer instead of ignoring them. That way, my feed will be free of all this gloom and doom political talk.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
But honestly I can't say I hate them. I mean either way they are my family. I can't ignore them even if I tried.
I got no problem doing that. I guess i'm not like most people in that aspect.

This.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ura Ura

Figured I should put it out there, but if you ever want to talk about anything dealing with your family, feel free to shoot me a PM. I know that stuff can carry a toll on a person, so I'm all ears (or, well, eyes I guess) if you need it.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I can agree with them that America is currently in the trash right now, but not for their said reasons. If anything, I think that's one of the few good points America has left, granted this is coming from someone who's 2 letters of the LGBT.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I can agree with them that America is currently in the trash right now, but not for their said reasons. If anything, I think that's one of the few good points America has left, granted this is coming from someone who's 2 letters of the LGBT.
Ex ****ing factly. The general stuff like the economy, unemployment, education, and other issues are the things the country is truly suffering from. Giving rights to people like us isn't what's killing the country and we shouldn't be to blame for it. It's only the case of the older generation feeling that things should not change just to suit their traditional beliefs. But that's not to say good atheists and religious don't exist.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Ura Ura

Figured I should put it out there, but if you ever want to talk about anything dealing with your family, feel free to shoot me a PM. I know that stuff can carry a toll on a person, so I'm all ears (or, well, eyes I guess) if you need it.
Thanks dude! Not a social person TBH but I really appreciate the gesture.
You know what, you are absolutely correct. I am sick and tired of seeing their usual conservative ****ing on my Facebook feed everyday and they rarely have been saying anything substantial to me lately other than the annual birthday messages.

Then again, most of my old friends are busy with their own personal lives. But those two in particular do nothing but ***** about "muh political correctness" and "'Merica is ****ed" complaints far too long for comfort. Best thing I can to is pull out the Block Hammer instead of ignoring them. That way, my feed will be free of all this gloom and doom political talk.
And here I was thinking how bad I had it with all this philosophical **** and crappy memes on my Facebook wall lol.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
To be completely honest, I've begun to regret being American.

I still stand by that given our media output it's amazing people still like this country, let alone consider us anything more than a dumpster fire at this point. And I say this as someone who's lived in this country since I was born.
We're a shell of our former self, powered only by the blatant nationalism of a paranoid (and narrow-minded) mindset that is currently giving us Trump.

And I'll be completely honest, on the chance that we do get Trump as our president, I don't see much of a reason to live anymore. At least, as an American.
I'd would rather (if not more than happy to) be dead than be the citizen of a country who thought he was a good idea. And I already have enough things to be angry at America for.

Call me selfish, and you have every right to, but I'm tired of the direction America is going. It's like we're going one step up, but two steps down.

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
https://www.pokebip.com/news3772__p...ux_noms_fr_dans_un_trailer_recapitulatif.html

Saw this posted on 4chan, there's a french version of the awesome Japanese overview trailer. A new character, possibly important to aether is shown, by the name of Alyxia.

There's also new looks at Z moves, and it seems Chimeras are involved in the plot? Probably Type Null.
As a francophone, I can confirm what @PsychoIncarnate thought : the Ultra-Chimera are the french translation of Ultra-Beasts.

The points in the article are basically the following:

• Ridable Pokémon French's name
  • D.E.M, probably the online feature revealed yesterday since we can see the pikachu tail of the electric champion.
  • Alyxia, french name of a probably new girl talking about Aether fondation. (The people on the website think she'll be probably important.
  • Ultra-Breach : Probably the portal were the UBs (Ultra-Chimères en français)
  • Force Z is the french name for Z move.
  • A (probably) ghost Z move used by Mimikyu (Mimiqui) that translate to "Call of the eternal shadows"
  • Another used by Bewear (Chelour) called Hyper-Fury Combo (probably a fighting move)
Conclusion: The french traduction is less subtil about the alchemy vibe, there is a girl called Alyxia and I still dislike the French localisation of the pokémons' names. Thank Robbie Rotten they keep the english ones in Quebec!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
To be completely honest, I've begun to regret being American.

I still stand by that given our media output it's amazing people still like this country, let alone consider us anything more than a dumpster fire at this point. And I say this as someone who's lived in this country since I was born.
We're a shell of our former self, powered only by the blatant nationalism of a paranoid (and narrow-minded) mindset that is currently giving us Trump.

And I'll be completely honest, on the chance that we do get Trump as our president, I don't see much of a reason to live anymore. At least, as an American.
I'd would rather (if not more than happy to) be dead than be the citizen of a country who thought he was a good idea. And I already have enough things to be angry at America for.

Call me selfish, and you have every right to, but I'm tired of the direction America is going. It's like we're going one step up, but two steps down.
I was listening until I saw "trump" then I tuned out

I stay away from politcs for a reason

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Good old conservatism, holding athwart the inexorable march of time. Then there's the progressives which say everything new is good. Well, the progressives of today are the conservative reactionaries of tomorrow, generally.
I just find it sad that democrats and republicans are now essentially the same thing on 99% of issues.
Where is our Ron Paul? Our Sanders? Our Old Right and Far Left?

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
From Pokémon to Marriages and relationships to college/university from school transitions, pizza consoles... The average 24 hours of Nintenzone.

Re Marriages: I would like to please the idea of that possibility ever happening one day, but I think I'd like to focus on the now of my life.

And this is what I would have posted Yesterday: I thought I pressed the Post button, but I must have hit save instead.
RGBY: :006::003::009::025: - I respect and like them for their legacy and being the ones that started it all.
GSC::154::157::160: - Of these guys, I think I quite like Feraligatr and Typhlosion. Relatively neutral towards Meganium. 2/3.
RSE:
- The pains and oddities of releasing Grovyle for no reason still ring with me. I think I've some positivity towards the RSE Starters, except when fighting Brennan or May back in the days of old, so I like all of them. 3/3
DPP:
- Torterra and Empoleon were the bomb in the days of Sinnoh. Infernape is a little towards the neutral side, so honestly in the 2/3 zone.
BW:
- I confess, it took me quite a bit of time to grow onto Black and White - I think at this point I felt like I really was 'finished' with Pokémon. I think I'd obviously prefer Samurott or Serperior compared to Emboar, but probably since I started with Snivy, I might say the 1/3 range.
XY:
- Fennekin was easily my favourite when I started, before the reveal of it's later evolutions. Can't say a lot for Chesnaught since I never put one on my team. And we know who became the dark horse of the Generation. :4greninja: Either way, I'd say the 2/3 zone.
SM:
- The stars of the show today - I think I'm still on Team Rowlett for now. I do like Popplio's first evolution, though. I do like how Torracat hasn't immediately shown signs of being Tiger King just yet, so I'd say the 2/3 zone for now.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
America won't be great again u til we have a leader that can push decent family and honest values/morals to the world of peace and rational thinking.

Marrage=Money=Commitment
Sadly, Not a lot of people have that
Fixed it for you, people don't have the ability to commit to something serious like marriage these days.

We have way too many open relationships which means "I can go see and sleep with other people but I still wanna be with you because of the superficial benefits"

Why?
My Mother also pushes me into getting into a relationship (even had one of her famous "lectures" last Thursday). I just try to ignore her, though she sometimes gets to me and ends up making me feel kinda worthless.

But I'm just way too busy in my own stuff to consider anything, not to mention my recent relationship attempts blew up in my face pretty hard.
I thank my parents for understanding my situation and why I shouldn't rush into marriage. Hell my oldest brother didn't get married until he was 28 and my other brother is 30 and isn't even thinking about that yet and he's an Assistant Principal at a high school

I'm almost 23, they know it's just finding the right one and having your life straight

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
America won't be great again u til we have a leader that can push decent family and honest values/morals to the world of peace and rational thinking.
>politicians
>honest
>morals

You can have one or the other, but not all three.
It's Politics 101; you don't get anywhere by being honest. All you do is preach to the right choir and get in the right beds and bam you have a political position.
And the best part? We can't do jack about it. Because they have all the power and all we can do is complain to a brick wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom