• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
>politicians
>honest
>morals

You can have one or the other, but not all three.
It's Politics 101; you don't get anywhere by being honest. All you do is preach to the right choir and get in the right beds and bam you have a political position.
And the best part? We can't do jack about it. Because they have all the power and all we can do is complain to a brick wall.
Well, if your able to mobilize enough people to do pacific manifistations (and that you're okay with it, of course) you can change something. Of course, this is vastly easier said than done but, in the end, the one to have the power are the people.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
>politicians
>honest
>morals

It's Politics 101; you don't get anywhere by being honest. All you do is preach to the right choir and get in the right beds and bam you have a political position.
And the best part? We can't do jack about it. Because they have all the power and all we can do is complain to a brick wall.
Hey, I'll take atleast 2/3

That's how life is but we'll take what we can get

More then the dead as hell DR room I came from
I blame Kurri ★ Kurri ★ for taking away everyone to the Discord. Now everyone is there.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
My family is the quintessential WASP family. I swear we are freaking mayonnaise on white bread. I could see us as a Hallmark card.
Nowadays I'm more atheist than anything (though I am interested in mythology). And nowadays plenty of things I disagree with when it comes to my values as opposed to my parents. They regularly watch Fox News for heaven's sake.

But honestly I can't say I hate them. I mean either way they are my family. I can't ignore them even if I tried.
This is a beautiful sentiment. There's something deep that binds us to our loved ones. It seems just that: that we love them regardless of our differences.
Might I interest you in David Talbott and The Electric Universe's analysis of mythology?
America won't be great again u til we have a leader that can push decent family and honest values/morals to the world of peace and rational thinking.

Fixed it for you, people don't have the ability to commit to something serious like marriage these days.

We have way too many open relationships which means "I can go see and sleep with other people but I still wanna be with you because of the superficial benefits"

Why?

I thank my parents for understanding my situation and why I shouldn't rush into marriage. Hell my oldest brother didn't get married until he was 28 and my other brother is 30 and isn't even thinking about that yet and he's an Assistant Principal at a high school

I'm almost 23, they know it's just finding the right one and having your life straight
To the contrary, marriage stability goes up when economic hardship occurs: it's someone to lean on, it represents stability. Two in it together makes it easier.

The government shouldn't regard marriage at all, though. It's not an institution of the state. Let people call their private exclusivity union contracts whatever they want.
But, I do agree that the family is the core of all. It's the foundational unit of society and education, and a source of psychological well-being for children and their upbringing.
It'd be well if people regarded the institution of stable family more honorably.
>politicians
>honest
>morals

Maybe. I mean, Ron Paul had a huge, booming success, and converted many hearts and minds, because he was honest and answered every question in a straightforward manner.
It just so happens that our political systems highly encourage sophistry and dishonesty... Democracies and republics seem to tends towards that, though.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
tfw no discord on Linux
I don't want to effort for Wine

---

What's everyone's feelings about the free market? I think it's the best because it invented sliced bread. PogChamp
Edit: not that refined simple carbs are good for you. Ah, my idiom fell apart...
Edit: the free market will make America great again.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
tfw no discord on Linux
I don't want to effort for Wine

---

What's everyone's feelings about the free market? I think it's the best because it invented sliced bread. PogChamp
Edit: not that refined simple carbs are good for you. Ah, my idiom fell apart...
Edit: the free market will make America great again.
If you want commercialized police force and military, i'm against that

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I fail to see the connection between those terrible ideas and delicious sliced bread.
It's libertarian idealism. All about the free market. As little government control as possible

Including no government control of police and military

A world where the rich have all the power

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

Bananija

Count of Trickery
It's libertarian idealism. All about the free market. As little government control as possible

That would be a pretty terrible world to live in. Fortunately, the existence of sliced doesn't seems to draw us to such a scary reality.:)

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
If you want commercialized police force and military, i'm against that
So, you'd accept minarchism?
Well, England had a fully private police force before their Common Law system was dealt away with, and it was great! Edit: Neutral Moresnet was also pretty cool.
Parks like Disney Land, malls, and cruise ships have their own cops. We never hear a bad thing about them, and things usually go swimmingly in those places.
Moreover, voluntary arbitration is becoming ever a more attractive as people see the courts as slow and corrupt.
Would it not be in the best interests of people to hire some people to defend them and arbitrate their disputes? If they do a poor job, they can fire them. We can't fire the government when it messes up, sadly. Edit 2: Not only that, but private security can't hide from justice behind 'qualified immunity.' They have to put their client's interests ahead of their own safety, and have much stronger incentives to respect innocent people.
They don't have all the power now? Thanks, cronyism.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Bought F-Zero (SNES) on the Wii U Virtual Console today for old time's sake and i'm reminded why I hated White Land 2 so much.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
It moves too fast and the conversation loses me. But it is not too bad to peek in and say hi. I'm shy.
That's why we have #Social-2

Why don't people use #Social-2 more :(

I do wish we could do more about the activity, but there's +260 members now (probably 50 or 60 of which are actually active) I don't think there's much we can do.

Chainz

Sleepy Chainz
Premium
3DS FC
1075-1816-9029
You are more active on discord in general though.
Actually its FB > Reddit > telegram > than discord lol.

But they're all close tho.

It moves too fast and the conversation loses me. But it is not too bad to peek in and say hi. I'm shy.
Same here, but for most part I have no interest in 99% of the convos that go down.

I did enjoy the Mario Kart stream they did a couple days ago, that was fun to watch.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
That's why we have #Social-2

Why don't people use #Social-2 more :(

I do wish we could do more about the activity, but there's +260 members now (probably 50 or 60 of which are actually active) I don't think there's much we can do.
No one likes to use social 2 when there is a social 1. That is the way of things.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Actually its FB > Reddit > telegram > than discord lol.

But they're all close tho.

Same here, but for most part I have no interest in 99% of the convos that go down.

I did enjoy the Mario Kart stream they did a couple days ago, that was fun to watch.
We're probably going to do Mario Kart 8 again for game night next week (assuming everyone votes for it)
I also gotta set up the movie night poll for the next for weeks.

Man I hope the hurricane doesn't knock out my power for long.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So...apparently there's this thing going on where people are dressing up as clowns and start terrorizing others on the streets (first it was just harmless mischief and scaring until things escalated to some more serious crimes), which has been going on in the US as well as in Canada...

And it seems there's a bloke doing it in my town as well...

Seriously WTF is wrong with people?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Man I hope the hurricane doesn't knock out my power for long.
Hu-Hurricane?

And i'm scared out of my mind when there's a normal thunderstorm lol. Would hate to live where you live.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, you'd accept minarchism?
Well, England had a fully private police force before their Common Law system was dealt away with, and it was great! Edit: Neutral Moresnet was also pretty cool.
Parks like Disney Land, malls, and cruise ships have their own cops. We never hear a bad thing about them, and things usually go swimmingly in those places.
Moreover, voluntary arbitration is becoming ever a more attractive as people see the courts as slow and corrupt.
Would it not be in the best interests of people to hire some people to defend them and arbitrate their disputes? If they do a poor job, they can fire them. We can't fire the government when it messes up, sadly. Edit 2: Not only that, but private security can't hide from justice behind 'qualified immunity.' They have to put their client's interests ahead of their own safety, and have much stronger incentives to respect innocent people.

They don't have all the power now? Thanks, cronyism.
They do well because they have to uphold government regulations And under the threat of lawsuits

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Hu-Hurricane?

And i'm scared out of my mind when there's a normal thunderstorm lol. Would hate to live where you live.
Hurricane Matthew is hitting my area tomorrow, probs gonna be a Cat 4.

I'm from New York. I don't really know how to deal with these things.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So...apparently there's this thing going on where people are dressing up as clowns and start terrorizing others on the streets (first it was just harmless mischief and scaring until things escalated to some more serious crimes), which has been going on in the US as well as in Canada...

Seriously WTF is wrong with people?
I think it's indirectly connected with the remake of "It" coming out

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Shoot him
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hu-Hurricane?

Oh yeah, thanks for remindng me to pack up in case I have to leave

I live in Virginia Beach pff
I think it's indirectly connected with the remake of "It" coming out
You know that would make sense-wait they are remaking It?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

America won't be great again u til we have a leader that can push decent family and honest values/morals to the world of peace and rational thinking.
I never like the sound of "decent family values" to be honest, though that's mostly because I don't think the goverment should be so influencial on someone's personal life and feelings, that usually leads to irrational fear on a personal level. What's between your family should be between you and your family.

Moral politics are usually not very important usually anyway, it's usually just a way to sway people to one side or another.. Which brings me to ratonality, they are rather smart in their own way, actually in the way they need to be the most, which is playing the game of politics. Politics is all about control and manipluation, and you have to do what you have to do, rationality is one of the last things you need when you can just sway people to whatever position. As for world peace, well, when so many countries continue to have vastly different moral values, that's more time we're going to remain at odds. Though that's the secondary factor, the primary factor is a power game, that's why we are allies with countries that have some rather unethical views. What matters most to politicians is the big picture, people are just statistics and moral issues are usually just a way to get people to go your way.

Also, what is it wth this "Make America Great Again" anyway? Not much has really changed when it comes to politics and you can't make society magically regress into what it was before, it will always continue to change, to progress. And politicians dont have as much influence as people think, more than anything it's things like trends, actors, artists, or, amazingly, coming to your own conclusions. Among other things, there's plenty of more things I can think of that inspire people to be who they are rather than politicians.

Bleh, silly response on my part, but I was bored and needed something to do. :p It is nothing personal, I just like to express myself and the thread's discussion today has had me sort of sucked in.

The only government where the rich have no power, to be honest, is when there is no rich. Part of being rich is having power, people forget that for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
That would be really sick (in a bad way of course) if somehow the creators of the remake of "IT" are making this whole social experiment by organizing all of this.

Considering all the reports going around about all this nonsense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom