• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Reminds me of my mother constantly pushing me to be on Christian Mingle because it's good to have a God's woman for a wife.

That's until Aussie came into the picture and her plan went downhill from there. That's unless I'm the one to convert her into a Christian like me because she said so.
I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. Amen.

There, how easy was that? Unless she wants to actually watch me attend churches and read a bible like her? :rolleyes:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm letting too much about my family slip with all this lol. You guys can get a good idea of how I feel about them I guess.
Reminds me of my mother constantly pushing me to be on Christian Mingle because it's good to have a God's woman for a wife.

That's until Aussie came into the picture and her plan went downhill from there. That's unless I'm the one to convert her into a Christian like me because she said so.
Your relationship with Aussie sounds like something from a JRPG lol.

You guys are tight. I like that.

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Yeah, you have a good point Swamp.

I'm jealous of all the JRPG protagonists that always hook up with the hot chick in the end of the game and have a perfect relationship. So unrealistic yet so great.
I'm jealous of a vast amount of fictious characters who hook up with the hot chick, and a lot of the time some don't really deserve to.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Idk, but I do know one person you can't cosplay with just those.

I'm a senior in high school. Love's been around for a year or two. It interests me greatly, partially because I've almost all my life been anti-social and paranoid. Though that also means I become the try-hard guy who asks a girl out without knowing she's started dating his best friend (I say this because it's actually happening).
Nothing more to say about it really.
Who would that be, the aforementioned Gary?

And I'll post more on my idea with tomorrow. I'll have them one day before I'll be using them, which is great!

Chrono.

Idk, but I do know one person you can't cosplay with just those.

I'm a senior in high school. Love's been around for a year or two. It interests me greatly, partially because I've almost all my life been anti-social and paranoid. Though that also means I become the try-hard guy who asks a girl out without knowing she's started dating his best friend (I say this because it's actually happening).
Why did you quote my post tho.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm jealous of a vast amount of fictious characters who hook up with the hot chick, and a lot of the time some don't really deserve to.
Yeah.

Sounds pretty petty but I feel that way some times. Especially the trope where a guy finds himself in a world he never knew before and the first girl he see's wants his D. One of the most universal JRPG tropes lol.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Your relationship with Aussie sounds like something from a JRPG lol.

You guys are tight. I like that.
Thanks. It gets better and funnier from there (minus some recent incidents like the train attack). But that's a whole different story altogether.

Finding a home and of course getting the moolah for marriage will be the hard part. But at least we've got each other for this last year of college.

I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. Amen.

There, how easy was that? Unless she wants to actually watch me attend churches and read a bible like her? :rolleyes:
And don't forget actually praying, having Christian iconography on the walls, "getting the word" every night, and of course holding back your tongue from "foul language" (something she has a hard time doing herself).

And drop the bisexuality around her since she's one of "those Christians". Even she hate how accepting and PC the world is getting today.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's fortunate we live in a time where people have the option to experience the kind of union they want without much societal blowback.

People can choose to have their traditional lavish weddings and celebrate a new stage of commitment, unity and love with all their friends and family, or two (or more, whatever) people can just take up cohabitation without being thought indecent or what have you. Relationships can really exist at whatever level is most meaningful to those involved, and as long as there is some degree of parity between where the couple stands, no one gets bent out of shape.

Of course that's a very simplified view of something idealized and complex, but it's more than can be said for how things used to work. Ultimately the important part is communicating to make sure everybody involved is on the same page (or at the very least empathetic) regarding stances of marriage and the like.

Personally I think the idea of a large wedding is lovely and romantic (excluding the costs, yikes :x), and I almost always enjoy going to weddings, but it's not something I'm even close to being ready for haha.

Well you're already doing the most important part, which is getting out there and making the effort. I'm sure things will work out for you!

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Who would that be, the aforementioned Gary?

And I'll post more on my idea with tomorrow. I'll have them one day before I'll be using them, which is great!
Of course!
Why did you quote my post tho.
Forgot to say this, but is it even more surreal than Sesame Street Fighter?
It's fortunate we live in a time where people have the option to experience the kind of union they want without much societal blowback.

People can choose to have their traditional lavish weddings and celebrate a new stage of commitment, unity and love with all their friends and family, or two (or more, whatever) people can just take up cohabitation without being thought indecent or what have you. Relationships can really exist at whatever level is most meaningful to those involved, and as long as there is some degree of parity between where the couple stands, no one gets bent out of shape.

Of course that's a very simplified view of something idealized and complex, but it's more than can be said for how things used to work. Ultimately the important part is communicating to make sure everybody involved is on the same page (or at the very least empathetic) regarding stances of marriage and the like.

Personally I think the idea of a large wedding is lovely and romantic (excluding the costs, yikes :x), and I almost always enjoy going to weddings, but it's not something I'm even close to being ready for haha.

Well you're already doing the most important part, which is getting out there and making the effort. I'm sure things will work out for you!
That's true, and even though I mistakenly tried to go out with the girl, I'm still very good friends with her and the best friend. Currently thinking about looking over options when I get to college, as the girls in my grade don't really interest me enough, so I'm choosing to be patient for college.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
And don't forget actually praying, having Christian iconography on the walls, "getting the word" every night, and of course holding back your tongue from "foul language" (something she has a hard time doing herself).

Good. I can easily do all of this if it means impresing her love.

And drop the bisexuality around her since she's one of "those Christians". Even she hate how accepting and PC the world is getting today.
But frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

Chrono.

My Mother also pushes me into getting into a relationship (even had one of her famous "lectures" last Thursday). I just try to ignore her, though she sometimes gets to me and ends up making me feel kinda worthless.

But I'm just way too busy in my own stuff to consider anything, not to mention my recent relationship attempts blew up in my face pretty hard.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
That's true, and even though I mistakenly tried to go out with the girl, I'm still very good friends with her and the best friend. Currently thinking about looking over options when I get to college, as the girls in my grade don't really interest me enough, so I'm choosing to be patient for college.
Fair enough! As long as you keep trying it'll be a synch finding someone you connect with in college. It's a lot easier there (less drama than hs too). ;)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
having Christian iconography on the walls, "getting the word" every night, and of course holding back your tongue from "foul language" (something she has a hard time doing herself).
As a Christian in a family of Christians. This stuff is very odd to me.

I mean we pray and read the Bible privately and we like to live with Christian values (actual ones) but icons don't mean anything, no one lectures the family each night and foul language isn't the worst thing ever.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
My Mother also pushes me into getting into a relationship (even had one of her famous "lectures" last Thursday). I just try to ignore her, though she sometimes gets to me and ends up making me feel kinda worthless.

But I'm just way too busy in my own stuff to consider anything, not to mention my recent relationship attempts blew up in my face pretty hard.
I have a love-hate relationship with my family that seemingly can go to either side at a blink of an eye. One moment i'm on good terms with my father and the next I want to punch him in the face when he's giving me a BS lecture (figuratively of course). My mother I mentioned before with her mind games and my older siblings I have a disdain for based on our relationship in the past. Feels like the only person I actually like in my family is my younger half-sister who's 11.

It's all going to be irrelevant soon enough though. Once I move out next year they'll hardly ever hear from me again.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I have a love-hate relationship with my family that seemingly can go to either side at a blink of an eye. One moment i'm on good terms with my father and the next I want to punch him in the face when he's giving me a BS lecture (figuratively of course). My mother I mentioned before with her mind games and my older siblings I have a disdain for based on our relationship in the past. Feels like the only person I actually like in my family is my younger half-sister who's 11.

It's all going to be irrelevant soon enough though. Once I move out next year they'll hardly ever hear from me again.
From personal experience family strain dissipates greatly once you move out.

I wouldn't presume to put myself in your situation, I'd only suggest evaluating again once you've spent some time on your own.

Chrono.

My relationship with Mom is okayish, but I really just don't agree with a lot of her philosophies, but I can't really go against her not as long as I still live here, unfortunately.

Once I move out I too hope to lessen my time with her significantly.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
From personal experience family strain dissipates greatly once you move out.

I wouldn't presume to put myself in your situation, I'd only suggest evaluating again once you've spent some time on your own.
I've made up my mind like 5 years ago. I've been biding my time waiting for the right time to do this because if I had it my way I would have been out the moment I turned 18. Gotta get College out of the way in which i'm finishing in April of next year. The moment I finish that i'm looking for a job like a maniac and then getting the hell out of this place.

I know you have the right idea with what your saying but my relationship with them is not like others. I honestly can't fathom the idea of ever wanting to talk to these people once i'm out let alone wanting to see them again.
My relationship with Mom is okayish, but I really just don't agree with a lot of her philosophies, but I can't really go against her not as long as I still live here, unfortunately.

Once I move out I too hope to lessen my time with her significantly.
That's pretty much how I am with my dad. Oppose to one of his philosophies and he'll yell at me. If I try to say anything he'll tell me to not talk back as if i'm some 10 year old being ordered go to his room. He makes it so he's always right and yet the frigging guy encourages me to talk to him when i'm having problems.

Mother ****** i'll be counseling a wall before I go to you for any personal advice.

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Fair enough! As long as you keep trying it'll be a synch finding someone you connect with in college. It's a lot easier there (less drama than hs too). ;)
Yeah, I've figured as much. Everyone says college is easier than high school, so I presume it should be a lot easier to find someone I can start a relationship with.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
But frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.
Juuuuuuust as a little warning, don't say that to her face. You won't like her when she's angry.

I mean we pray and read the Bible privately and we like to live with Christian values (actual ones) but icons don't mean anything, no one lectures the family each night and foul language isn't the worst thing ever.
What I mean by the first part is how my mom usually decorated her house with Christian picture frames to make the place more inviting for God. Something that my late grandmother and several extended families have done before. Getting the word is how she would listen to someone preach on either her app or watching the Benny Hen "Praise the Lord" show. This is something she does every night on days when she can't go to a church. And the last one is merely her belief of foul language being highly disrespectful to God or any of his teachings (something she criticized my ex-father for but slips out on when she's too mad).

Yeah, it's kind of complicated as a Christian myself. Though I'll admit my busy college schedule and assignments really prevent me from reaching out to God lately.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Haha, Praying?
Whats that?

Everyone says college is easier than high school,
Who the hell says that?
College is just as bad and makes you more busy
Everything rides on college

Which is why I cant drop out even if I wanted too

Did I mention all the drama I heard in college?

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Haha, Praying?
Whats that?

Who the hell says that?
College is just as bad and makes you more busy
Everything rides on college

Which is why I cant drop out even if I wanted too

Did I mention all the drama I heard in college?
Teachers, alumni visiting who are currently in college.
At least in my school that's who.

D

Deleted member

I always had low self-esteem until I found out a friend of mine had a crush on me, I was more confused than anything because I never thought too highly of myself. She actually makes me feel like I'm worth something, And I guess that's why I like her so much.
until the old people say " Get married"
I mean, I can get that it can be annoting but they still can't fully control your life
Juuuuuuust as a little warning, don't say that to her face. You won't like her when she's angry.
I'm sure Aussie doesn't give a damn about that either

D

Deleted member

I always had low self-esteem until I found out a friend of mine had a crush on me, I was more confused than anything because I never thought too highly of myself. She actually makes me feel like I'm worth something, And I guess that's why I like her so much.
Typical Zoroark, copying what I say and do as usual. :p

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
They are lying.
For me College has been a better experience than High School. Get to make my own schedule and I don't feel like i'm wasting my time.

Also never had any friends in either HS or College so it doesn't matter to me that much.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I'm sure Aussie doesn't give a damn about that either
This.

It's not like she can find a whole nother sheila that happens to be better and cuter than me (except Christian or docile enough to convert) and force that girl to be Azure's new girlfriend. I'd like to see her try that just for kicks. :smirk:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This.

It's not like she can find a whole nother sheila that happens to be better and cuter than me (except Christian or docile enough to convert) and force that girl to be Azure's new girlfriend. I'd like to see her try that just for kicks. :smirk:
Trust me. You are talking about the same woman who almost kicked my brother and sister out of our households for being bicurious (even though their relationship with their same sex ex's didn't go well).

Call me crazy, but you shouldn't underestimate a subtle extremist like her.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I can kinda confirm this.

College for me is just harder to make friends in (but the one I'm in being weeby af doesn't help)
The closest I get to hanging out with friends is my game room at the college where people play smash everyday

With the occasional someone bringing in a CRT TV and Gamecube

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Trust me. You are talking about the same woman who almost kicked my brother and sister out of our households for being bicurious (even though their relationship with their same sex ex's didn't go well).

Call me crazy, but you shouldn't underestimate a subtle extremist like her.
Sh, let her do it and let her learn, say nothing

Let it blow up in both her and your moms face, thats how people learn

Its like my mom She goes " I dont care!" Then it blows up in her face and she starts crying Then she never acts stupid ever again

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I dunno, who can say that you're not actually me from another dimension except North American?
which surprised me the first few times as I don't think much of myself.
I always had low self-esteem until I found out a friend of mine had a crush on me, I was more confused than anything because I never thought too highly of myself.
This and bragging about a woman that inspired you is clearly plagarism.

The site staff should clealy ban you for being the South American bootleg of the glory himself, me. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom