• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So far that's nine yes, five maybe-but-unsure. Pretty good turn out so far. :p

Let's talk rule sets and such. For the tournament, what should/shouldn't be banned? If you talk it out I'll make a poll later dealing with what to do.

Notably, your views on Mega Gengar, Lucario, Kangaskhan, Mawile, Salamence, and Blaziken, as well as Blaziken, Greninja, and Aegislash in general, since they're the most divisive usually.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Politics is easy to understand, you just have to break it down:
Poli (poly) - many, a lot of something.
Tics (ticks) - blood sucking parasites.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569

Let's talk rule sets and such. For the tournament, what should/shouldn't be banned? If you talk it out I'll make a poll later dealing with what to do.

Notably, your views on Mega Gengar, Lucario, Kangaskhan, Mawile, Salamence, and Blaziken, as well as Blaziken, Greninja, and Aegislash in general, since they're the most divisive usually.
Preferably no Mascot/Main legendary Pokemon.. *looks at Mega RayRay, Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre, and Xerneas* most Mythical Pokemon are ok but Dark void should be banned if it's just for fun (includes Smeargle's use of it) I'm fine with everything else..

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm pretty sure I can counter mega kangaskhan, I've got a few tricks up my sleeve.

I don't have a lot of experience with some of those megas though

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

Can we ban all of the above haha I hate them. At least the Aegislash, Kanga and Gengar get the no from me for OP Abilities.

Lucario, Mawile, Blaziken, Greninja and to an extent Salamence are manageable.

Oh and no Uber tier legendaries. You're welcome to use the less overwhelming ones.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Ban the first five. Others are easy to do with.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I like the idea of a Pokémon Tournament in the lead up to Sun and Moon. Unfortunately I don't think I've the time to compete in it, but I wish all competitors the best of luck! (Don't mind me, it's assignments and trying to beat my Alpha Sapphire completion deadline)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Preferably no Mascot/Main legendary Pokemon.. *looks at Mega RayRay, Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre, and Xerneas* most Mythical Pokemon are ok but Dark void should be banned if it's just for fun (includes Smeargle's use of it) I'm fine with everything else..
I planned on implementing the Sleep Clause (you can put no more than one of the opponent's Pokémon to sleep at a time) to deal with potential Dark Void spam, if it helps. :p Not that Darkrai would have been legal regardless though. :laugh:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There should be an ability or item that allows a pokemon (a low chance of) to put it's target to sleep upon contact

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just watched the Pogeymanz Generators videos today.

Well, I guess I can no longer call Raikou, Entei, & Suicune legendary cats. I still want to know what those Pokémon were who burned in the tower...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Well, I guess I can no longer call Raikou, Entei, & Suicune legendary cats. I still want to know what those Pokémon were who burned in the tower...
I was wondering if generations made it so they didn't come from eevee evos

HGSS kind of implied it, but those burning pokemon didn't look like eevee evos

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
There should be an ability or item that allows a pokemon (a low chance of) to put it's target to sleep upon contact
Effect spore has you covered :lol:
I planned on implementing the Sleep Clause (you can put no more than one of the opponent's Pokémon to sleep at a time) to deal with potential Dark Void spam, if it helps. :p Not that Darkrai would have been legal regardless though. :laugh:
Ah that would also work lol are the evasion, swagger, baton pass, species, moody clauses also being implemented?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Effect spore has you covered :lol:

Ah that would also work lol are the evasion, swagger, baton pass, species, moody clauses also being implemented?
No, when YOU hit the opponent. Not the other way.

And only sleep

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I just remembered something I was worried about with Pokemon Sun and Moon.

What's going to happen to the Dusk Ball? Moon's time shift kind of defeats the purpose of it. Are they going to end up cutting a Pokeball type? :/

Or would it be only obtainable in Sun, with a "Dawn Ball" in Moon? It's function reduced to just caves?

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I almost forgot aboot Pokémon Generations. I'll get too it soon.

And I went to GameStop where I picked up Paper Mario: Color Splash. Love the humor so far.

Also, I preordered
&
amiibo that I'm dying to get my hands on.
I did the exact same thing today, but I did Daisy instead of Wario, ill preorder him later. I also got some pieces for my Halloween costume. Gonna go as Mario this year. :4mario:

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

What's going to happen to the Dusk Ball? Moon's time shift kind of defeats the purpose of it. Are they going to end up cutting a Pokeball type? :/

Or would it be only obtainable in Sun, with a "Dawn Ball" in Moon? It's function reduced to just caves?
Moons time shift makes dusk ball useful most of the time. It's perfect

D

Deleted member

Really liked those two new Generations episodes, nice to see more official material acknowledge Silver's relation to Giovanni and actually do something with it and the legendary dogs episode was a nice little lore on Johto and characterization for Eusine
Really liked how Goldenrod was depicted as such a big city and the Indigo Plateau being on a city
And now...an announcement.
NintenZone Pokémon Tournament

(Here's hoping the link worked)
A celebration of Pokémon Sun and Moon's release. Aiming for early November start date. Final date will be decided by community vote.

The format, should enough people sign up, will be Multi-Battles. The team that wins two of the three matches will advance. Either X/Y or OR/AS is allowed, BUT should an XY user face an ORAS user, teams should be readjusted to allow for play. Alternatively, if possible, bracket order could be shuffled so no one needs to adjust their team.

You are not bound to the same team for the whole tournament. However, you are bound to the same two teams of six for the entirety of the current round.

Ban lists will be decided by community vote.

Battles MUST BE RECORDED by at least one participant using the VS Recorder. This is for archival purposes...I'd love for us all to be able to look back at our first tournament together.

In the end, one team will stand victorious, but...there is a twist at the end. You'll know when you get there...

I encourage everyone to join, even if they're not the greatest battler. That's why it's a tag team tournament: you can try to pair with someone else to help your odds. And who knows, you might get better because of it. It's all in good fun, but we need a good amount of people in order to do this.

As far as prizes...like I said, it's all for fun. BUT. The winning team WILL be forever immortalized in the OP of the thread for as long as I'm thread owner. Maybe someone can make, like, a plaque in photoshop or something.

I really do hope you choose to sign up. This has been stewing around in my head for a while now, so I'd love to see a good turnout response. Good luck to those who choose to participate!

So? What do you guys think? :D
I have to see if I'll be avaible as my life has been pretty busy recently
As long as it's a Friday or Saturday, i should be fine though
Just wonder how teams will be decided, randomly or will we be able to choose our partners?
Just have to check how many viable Pokemon I have, I just didn't fully understand what are the team limitations: are we bound to six Pokemon that we can choose freely(as Multi Battles are only 3 for each player) or is it two teams of six that cannot be mixed?

If people feel like it, I don't mind banning certain Megas
But not banning the Pokemon itself, especially since my Aegislash is one of the key members of my team
Outside of that, banning any and all Legendary and Mythical Pokemon obviously, no duplicate Pokemon or items and Sleep cause because Spore is a thing

It still doesn't get the boost during the day
I don't see how it defeats the point as it was always a "only works 1/2 of the day and also in caves", only thing is that time is inverted now

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

I mean, if you're anything like me, you also play at night. Which means that Dusk Balls aren't as useful :p. They probably won't cut it, and it's not like everyone is gonna stock up on Dusk Balls. And even if they do it's really a non-issue, it's just more power to them in-game.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Horray, all I do for the night is pinpoint every stereotype I can find in Year of the Dragon for homework.

While avoiding Keijo because I find the concept of the anime stupid.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think that it's exactly the problem : Dusk become useful all the time for one version while the other one need to wait for the night. Pretty unbalanced if you ask me.
I always set my ds clock to night anyway so I could use it all day

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I legit dont get what you are worried about
Eh, since my concerns seem to be being dismissed it's probably nothing, but my thought process was that the outdoor function of the Dusk Ball was balanced around assuming players would be more active during the day than at night and thus have to specifically time when they play IRL in order to take advantage of it. Since Moon takes place twelve hours shifted, that means the balance has been shifted in favor of those hypothetical players being able to use the capture bonus MOST of the time instead of only a small fraction of the time. Thus Game Freak might do something to. . .fix. . .the buff to the Dusk Ball, I.E. changing it's function, version locking it, or outright cutting it so that it doesn't make some of the other Ball types obsolete.

Hopefully I'm just worrying for nothing.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699

I've personally always though of suicune and raikou as legendary dogs.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Eh, since my concerns seem to be being dismissed it's probably nothing, but my thought process was that the outdoor function of the Dusk Ball was balanced around assuming players would be more active during the day than at night and thus have to specifically time when they play IRL in order to take advantage of it. Since Moon takes place twelve hours shifted, that means the balance has been shifted in favor of those hypothetical players being able to use the capture bonus MOST of the time instead of only a small fraction of the time. Thus Game Freak might do something to. . .fix. . .the buff to the Dusk Ball, I.E. changing it's function, version locking it, or outright cutting it so that it doesn't make some of the other Ball types obsolete.

Probably the nocturnal bonus will be limited down to say 2x or 2.5x, and keep the cave bonus stays 3.5x,

Considering things like the Heavy Ball had multiple sets for catch rates, I can't see why they couldn't do something like this.

Honestly I didn't know the Dusk Ball multiplier was as stupidly high as it is.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
No, when YOU hit the opponent. Not the other way.

And only sleep
Ah the contact part got a bit confusing since it wasn't mentioned who made contact

Though I don't know if they would implement an item or ability like that.. but then they did make Mega RayRay so it could be possible..

I can see why you would be worried since it could provide an easier time early on for those who got moon.. but I don't know if they will create a dawn ball to counteract the dusk ball imbalance. (Inb4 people start trading for the other ball if it becomes a thing lol)

D

Deleted member

There are people who only have time to play at night though
Because, you know, things such as work and other responsibilities exist
Moon is perfect for me though, because I hate playing Pokemon with night time and always change my clock so it's day

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Really liked those two new Generations episodes, nice to see more official material acknowledge Silver's relation to Giovanni and actually do something with it and the legendary dogs episode was a nice little lore on Johto and characterization for Eusine
Really liked how Goldenrod was depicted as such a big city and the Indigo Plateau being on a city

I have to see if I'll be avaible as my life has been pretty busy recently
As long as it's a Friday or Saturday, i should be fine though
Just wonder how teams will be decided, randomly or will we be able to choose our partners?
Just have to check how many viable Pokemon I have, I just didn't fully understand what are the team limitations: are we bound to six Pokemon that we can choose freely(as Multi Battles are only 3 for each player) or is it two teams of six that cannot be mixed?

If people feel like it, I don't mind banning certain Megas
But not banning the Pokemon itself, especially since my Aegislash is one of the key members of my team
Outside of that, banning any and all Legendary and Mythical Pokemon obviously, no duplicate Pokemon or items and Sleep cause because Spore is a thing

It still doesn't get the boost during the day
I don't see how it defeats the point as it was always a "only works 1/2 of the day and also in caves", only thing is that time is inverted now
Ideally it'd be on a weekend.

And yes, although no one's done it yet, you can choose your partner!

On the switching thing, here's basically what I meant. Let's say Team A faces Team B. They are free to alter their line up BEFORE facing B, but let's say that B wins one match. Team A can't change their team mid-round (i.e., the whole two out of three thing can't have a team switch). But Team A beats Team B let's say. They're free to change their team before facing Team C.

And the generally recognized Uber legends are banned (generally box legends and most events), but ones that aren't OP like, say, Articuno, Heatran, or Entei, would be fine, while Dialga, Mewtwo, or Deoxys wouldn't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom