• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
28 days. 06 hours. 42 minutes. 12 seconds.

That. Is when the world will end...

P.S. go watch Donnie Darko. A fantastic movie for Halloween and in general.

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Also some huge 4chan text rumor.

Wild Togedemaru has a chance of holding a Silver Bottle Cap.

"Combine" is now as an option in the Bags menu (Use/Hold/Combine/Toss). You can combine Z crystals and Mega Stones to make a new items, like "Darkium Z Gengarite" for example.

The aura of Z-Stones allow some Pokémon to bond with their trainers and change some of their features in battle to look more like the trainer. This feature is limited to the Starting Pokémon from XY and SM, Type Null and Lycanroc. Plenty of Customization Options now to reflect this.

Z-Form Pokémon function similarly to Mega Evolved Pokémon. You can only use 1 in battle, but they're so powerful that if it feints you automatically lose the battle.

There isn't a Champion in Sun and Moon. Your games final boss fight is with UB-02 Beauty in Moon, or UB-02 Absorption in Sun - they aren't catchable.

Strong Pokémon are available in the wild, some of them include Mamoswine, Aerodactyl, Dragonite, Steelix, and Arcanine.

A wild Raikou roams MeleMele island post game. A wild Suicune roams Poni island. A wild Entei roams Ula'Ula island. They're all holding special Z stones.

Several returning characters from past games return with various things to do.

NPC named Maize can sell you a only a dozen Moon Balls, Friend Balls, and several other Poke ball selections every 12 hours.

There is a Ghost Type Kahuna named Christie. She is the cousin of Agatha from Kanto region.

Trainer Zinnia from Pokémon OR and AS makes an appearance. When Pokémon Bank becomes available in February 2017 she can tutor Dragon Ascent to a transferred Rayquaza.

There are many Alolan Form Pokémon. All from Gen One. I'm not aware of how many Generation Seven Pokémon there are. Seemingly a lot.

Rattata (Dark/Normal)
Raticate (Dark/Normal)
Ekans (Water/Poison)
Arbok (Water/Poison)
Raichu (Electric/Psychic)
Sandshrew (Ice/Steel)
Sandslash (Ice/Steel)
Nidorina (Fighting/Poison)
Nidoqueen (Fighting/Poison)
Nidorino (Fighting/Poison)
Nidoking (Fighting/Poison)
Vulpix (Ice)
Ninetales (Ice/Fairy)
Vileplume (Dark/Poison)
Meowth (Dark)
Persian (Dark/Psychic)
Ponyta (Fairy)
Rapidash (Fairy/Flying)
Doduo (Ground/Fighting)
Dodrio (Ground/Fighting)
Exeggutor (Grass/Dragon)
Marowak (Fire/Ghost)
Koffing (Fire)
Weezing (Fire)
Jynx (Grass/Psychic)
Omastar (Bug/Dragon) [Sun Only]
Omanyte (Bug/Dragon) [Sun Only]
Kabuto (Bug/Steel [Moon Only]
Kabutops (Bug/Steel) [Moon Only]

Mega Evolution is a post-game quest which requires you to find all 64 Mega Stones, 47 are from the previous 4 titles. Some of the new Mega's consist of Bellosom, Haxorus, Froslass, and the Starting Pokémon of GS.

There will be a trailer on Oct 4 which highlights some of these, and a Trail Version released to eshop on Oct 26. This trail version allows you to test out Rowlet, Litten, and Popplio for yourself. and also allows you to transfer any items found as well as Alolan Raticate to your purchased Sun and Moon games. From what I understand Japan's Trail Version features a different Alolan Mon instead of Raticate.

Last bit.

Pokémon Sun and Moon take place 20 years after the events of Red and Blue, and 3 years after the events of XY.

Shauna makes a return. She doesn't do much until post-game where she'll give you a Pangoro hat.

Red can be battled post-game. He'll have an Umbreon in Moon, and an Espeon in Sun.

Sun and Moon is a really large game full of too many things to do. There isn't a Kalos or Kanto post game but you guys will not be disappointed. Hope you all love the Oct 4 trailer.

I think it's pretty fake, even beyond that is the fact that some of the Alolan forms in the list were crossed out by Riddler.

I'd be pretty confused, but it wouldn't be the first time that happened (Dewott -> Samurott comes to mind).
Pardon me, my fakery bells are ringing.
Also apparently there's an event for volcanion soon.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So in Ireland, Tesco are doing a major clearance sale. All video games (regardless of system, new/used, or how recent they are) are €10 each. You can also get a set of 5 DVDs or 5 CDs for €10.

Thought I'd mention this because I'm curious to know if Tesco in the UK are doing this too. Anyone in the UK might wanna check their local Tesco (and if you happen to live in Ireland then definitely do it).

I picked these two up today because of it.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
*looks out window* 7 days and my living dex will be comeplete....untill next month then i have to wait for the 2-3 event pokemon they release years after the games been out

D

Deleted member

That Agatha Christie reference though.

The thing throwing me off is the 20 years post-RBY, 3 post-XY, mainly because of Looker.

GameFreak's head of story development or whatever his title was confirmed that the Hoenn and Kanto games take place at the same time. Looker was in both ORAS and XY, but appeared the same age, despite this leak claiming they're seventeen years apart.
Hoenn/Kanto games(assumed Red age: 12)
*3 years later*
Johto/Kanto games
*unknown period of time*
Black and White
*2 years later*
B2W2 and XY
*3 years later*
Sun and Moon

There's no way 20 years passed due to Red's age being AT MOST while stretching it 18 years old 3 years prior and the math just mot matching
Besides, losing the battle because of a fainted Z form is really dumb

Chrono.

So in Ireland, Tesco are doing a major clearance sale. All video games (regardless of system, new/used, or how recent they are) are €10 each. You can also get a set of 5 DVDs or 5 CDs for €10.

Thought I'd mention this because I'm curious to know if Tesco in the UK are doing this too. Anyone in the UK might wanna check their local Tesco (and if you happen to live in Ireland then definitely do it).

I picked these two up today because of it.

Hope you like 20 minute long levels, because Sonic Lost World 3DS has them in spades.

Soul.

Got a Modest Hoopa from the event, IVs are meh but whatever.

Thank god for Hyper Training

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Hope you like 20 minute long levels, because Sonic Lost World 3DS has them in spades.
I know, I played it before. My brother has it on his 3DS but I could never complete it since he bought it digitally and now he lives elsewhere.

But I can't complain when I'm getting a physical copy for €10.

Chrono.

Besides, losing the battle because of a fainted Z form is really dumb
It's basically just piggybacking off the anime's Bond Phenomena or whatever it's called since Ash fainted like once or twice after Greninja got knocked tf out.

Really hope tomorrow puts this Z-Form/Synchro thing to rest, whether they confirm them or not.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Feeling sad, well here's something to laugh at.

This just in, Poplio's evolution leaked:

This reminds me of something.

How would you guys react if the middle evolutions ended up looking nothing like the leaked final evolutions? Like, if they started going in wildly different directions?
Well depending on the design, I'll either say there's two forms, and the starters middle forms are neutral, or I'd be completely bewildered.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Forgot Deoxys from the missing list.

Sounds good to me. However, I can't trade today anymore, as it's quite late here.
Dude just hit me up tomorrow.
Hell, you're doing me a big favor since now I'll be lacking ONE pokemon (barring ones I plan to get in a VC Blue run) from a full dex in S/M....
STANTLER, I'M STILL WAITING FOR YOUR MIRAGE SPOT.

Edit: Genesect will be distributed in November, so I'll just give you Deoxys and Arceus

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The only event Pokemon I don't have is Volcanion, which will have a distribution in Australia next week.
The distributions for Pokemon 20 have been great. Finally got Mew, Jirachi, Manaphy and Shaymin. Though having 4 Victinis and 4 Keldeos is a little overkill.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I need a Jirachi myself. During when Jirachi was around, everybody forgot to get a Jirachi. Mostly due to the fact that during that month, everybody was really busy.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Strawpoll on what you think will happen with the starters in the end.

http://www.strawpoll.me/11358564
Voted standard, and here's why. You know that Chinese leak of Popplio's final evolution that looks like a mermaid?
I LOVE IT. Especially when compared to the final evo designs for rowlett and litten. For once, I'd be getting the Water pokemon, and I pretty much always go with the fire type. For a design to be so good that it can break that habit, would be incredible, and honestly if there's more than one form that just means I might not get my mermaid Popplio that I really, really, REALLY want.

Chrono.

Voted standard, and here's why. You know that Chinese leak of Popplio's final evolution that looks like a mermaid?
I LOVE IT. Especially when compared to the final evo designs for rowlett and litten. For once, I'd be getting the Water pokemon, and I pretty much always go with the fire type. For a design to be so good that it can break that habit, would be incredible, and honestly if there's more than one form that just means I might not get my mermaid Popplio that I really, really, REALLY want.
But... The concept art leak is basically 90% real, so the starters having multiple forms would mean that they have the ones from the concept art + 1.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
28 days. 06 hours. 42 minutes. 12 seconds.

That. Is when the world will end...

P.S. go watch Donnie Darko. A fantastic movie for Halloween and in general.
Too spoopy for me. Definitely going to watch that sometime. :awesome:

Speaking of spoopy, I plan on having other Fatal Frame Maiden of the Black Water run soon for that Halloween spirit.

Beware of the bloody busty maiden spirits of the damned.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Wait, I just remembered something...

Wasn't that Zelda trading card set supposed to have been released a couple days ago?

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
But... The concept art leak is basically 90% real, so the starters having multiple forms would mean that they have the ones from the concept art + 1.
+1? I was trying to say that they might be game-exclusive evolutions, with a different evolution per game, which I'd rather not have.

Cardboardtubeknight

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
4914-7294-5851
Indian Masala Paneer with basmati rice.

It was delicious.

Hay, that's pretty good!

It recalls Cash for me. Glad artists still create music in less-popular genres.
Sounds delicious.

DM3 is amazing live. Honestly, thats one of the better parts about them I feel. I've been really back into Andy Mckee actually, and I'm more than sure you've heard of him with your taste in music.

Speaking of music I've got a new song in my sig.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I saw an argument on twitter because of SFV's Halloween stuff compared to how Overwatch does it, so I'm curious
What's worse?
Having to pay money for your fetive costumes? (probably for a limited time but I didn't see it)
OR
Having to rely on RNG to get the limited time only festive costumes for the characters you want?
Personally, I'm siding with SFV as Overwatch's version could very well end up giving you useless crap you already have and/or end up paying a lot more than you could have
Both,
Both should be free and permanent
*flys away*
This reminds me of something.

How would you guys react if the middle evolutions ended up looking nothing like the leaked final evolutions? Like, if they started going in wildly different directions?
I would still be happy

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hey, does anyone want to help me evolve my Porygon? Just two quick trade/trade backs.

:p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If the calculator I used is correct, everything by itself is roughly eleven US dollars.
If that's true, then I think calling the sale ridiculous would be an understatement.

I could help with that.

:094:
Neato! I'll add your friend code.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Are you really expecting NX news on a day they just said they were reviling only pokemon stuff?
Did they specifically say that only Pokemon news was coming on the 4th? I don't recall a statement like that.

I don't see how it's a big deal to have both on the same day. You can have your Pokemon news and have a tweet to just specify what day the reveal will happen. If it's a big issue for Nintendo they can always do the announcement on the 5th instead. Just some time this week hopefully.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Porygon-Z is tied for my favorite normal type pokemon, along with Exploud.

One of the only normal pokemon I use. Them and Ursaring, who'd be my third favorite

I have a shiny one I breed named "Malware.exe"

My porygon in pokemon go, who has PERFECT IV's BTW is also named Malware.exe

Burruni

Smash Hero
So
Uhm.
Why hasn't anyone brought this up?
Because this'll probably how we're gonna first see the SC dub after episode 3.
In like.
26 weeks.
Crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom