• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Which of these other than Keldeo can be obtained in the Netherlands?
We have already had our chance with the Hoopa code last April and I'm fairly sure Darkrai was last month.

I was watching a video where they scaled the size of pokemon against eachother, and I really think the size comparison should be more apparent in the games.

They had tyranitar next to Lugia, because they are next to eachother in the pokemon, and Lugia absolutely dwarfed Tyranitar. Tyranitar looks all fierce and whatnot, but next to Lugia he's nothing,

Although Wailord would look unrealistically intimidating considering it's massive
The console games did this, or at least, for as much as possible. Wailord is massive for example:

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So pokemon news starts early with
"The EVENT LEGENDARY EXTRAVAGANZA!!!!!"
thats right lads on top of keldeo and volcanion we have darkrai and hoopa!

Keldeo is gotten via the internet option on your mystery gift
Volcanion will be given away at Gamestops/EB games starting the 10th
Darkrai is gotten via the code DARKRAI2016 but oonly if you havent gotten him via a gamestop code
Hoopa is a timed release being available untill the 9th with the Code 2016HOOPA

go forth trainers and rake in them legendaries
Darkrai2016 is for Europe.

Darkrai20 is for the USA.

Source: Am American, got Darkrai this morning, :p

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I was watching a video where they scaled the size of pokemon against eachother, and I really think the size comparison should be more apparent in the games.

They had tyranitar next to Lugia, because they are next to eachother in the pokemon, and Lugia absolutely dwarfed Tyranitar. Tyranitar looks all fierce and whatnot, but next to Lugia he's nothing,

Although Wailord would look unrealistically intimidating considering it's massive
Well, I don't know for sure at all, but I -think- I saw a comment at one point that in Sun and Moon the Pokemon look like they might be scaled more to their actual sizes this time.

I used Pokedex 3D Pro's AR system at one point a few years back (somehow managed to DRAW the patterns and it actually worked), and I figured out that app DOES do them to scale because Mewtwo actually dwarfs Lucario pretty noticeably. You don't really notice the difference unless you line them up, but there IS multiple feet of a gap in height between the two if you look at their entries. Lucario's actually much shorter than many people realize. And by "short" I mean 3'11". 1.2m for you Metric folks.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Considering Corocoro will talk about Type Null, we have reason to believe that will be mentioned tomorrow. I think I know why Nintendo chose tomorrow
I dunno, Coro Coro were hyping up that Type: Null was going to be discussed in their next issue.

I don't think Pokemon would have it hyped up in Coro Coro then just reveal it before anyway

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Considering Corocoro will talk about Type Null, we have reason to believe that will be mentioned tomorrow. I think I know why Nintendo chose tomorrow
because corocoros covering it is exactly why we wont see it tomorrow "corocoro exclusives" like that tend to be kep that way untill one or two trailer after the fact

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
to all you RWBY lovers (all 2 of you)

https://m.reddit.com/r/RWBY/comments/55oz9m/rwby_volume_4_character_short/
Hype as ****. looks way better IMO

I just wish i wasnt at work so i could have hd sound.

RIP Grimm harambe :kappa:
:061:
Maya is simply far better at animation than Poser. Poser was only used because Monty and Shane could use it.
They have lips and changing expressions and better visual effects in general. The smoke off of the Grimm for example.

Harambe evaporated into Ruby's lungs alongside Pyrrha
Pyrrambe has been born

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I saw an argument on twitter because of SFV's Halloween stuff compared to how Overwatch does it, so I'm curious
What's worse?
Having to pay money for your fetive costumes? (probably for a limited time but I didn't see it)
OR
Having to rely on RNG to get the limited time only festive costumes for the characters you want?
Personally, I'm siding with SFV as Overwatch's version could very well end up giving you useless crap you already have and/or end up paying a lot more than you could have

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I hope Killer Instinct gets holiday accessories for Halloween. Currently they only have Christmas ones but only for 3 characters.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Feeling sad, well here's something to laugh at.

This reminds me of something.

How would you guys react if the middle evolutions ended up looking nothing like the leaked final evolutions? Like, if they started going in wildly different directions?

Burruni

Smash Hero

Darkrai is gotten via the code DARKRAI2016 or if you live in ameerica DARKRAI20 but only if you havent gotten him via a gamestop code

Well.
With this.
I now lack 2 event legendaries...
Just Celebi and Diancie.

D

Deleted member

Well, got settled things with my teacher, I just need to label it and I'll get full credit, no biggie. Just had to rant on it though as it was stressing me out, especially with my Mom putting pressure on me for it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I saw an argument on twitter because of SFV's Halloween stuff compared to how Overwatch does it, so I'm curious
What's worse?
Having to pay money for your fetive costumes? (probably for a limited time but I didn't see it)
OR
Having to rely on RNG to get the limited time only festive costumes for the characters you want?
Personally, I'm siding with SFV as Overwatch's version could very well end up giving you useless crap you already have and/or end up paying a lot more than you could have
TF2's Halloween costumes can only be worn in October or something like that and were random to get

But they were available in Steam's shop for pennies, for the most part.

Server's can activate Halloween mode as well

Chrono.

Also some huge 4chan text rumor.

Wild Togedemaru has a chance of holding a Silver Bottle Cap.

"Combine" is now as an option in the Bags menu (Use/Hold/Combine/Toss). You can combine Z crystals and Mega Stones to make a new items, like "Darkium Z Gengarite" for example.

The aura of Z-Stones allow some Pokémon to bond with their trainers and change some of their features in battle to look more like the trainer. This feature is limited to the Starting Pokémon from XY and SM, Type Null and Lycanroc. Plenty of Customization Options now to reflect this.

Z-Form Pokémon function similarly to Mega Evolved Pokémon. You can only use 1 in battle, but they're so powerful that if it feints you automatically lose the battle.

There isn't a Champion in Sun and Moon. Your games final boss fight is with UB-02 Beauty in Moon, or UB-02 Absorption in Sun - they aren't catchable.

Strong Pokémon are available in the wild, some of them include Mamoswine, Aerodactyl, Dragonite, Steelix, and Arcanine.

A wild Raikou roams MeleMele island post game. A wild Suicune roams Poni island. A wild Entei roams Ula'Ula island. They're all holding special Z stones.

Several returning characters from past games return with various things to do.

NPC named Maize can sell you a only a dozen Moon Balls, Friend Balls, and several other Poke ball selections every 12 hours.

There is a Ghost Type Kahuna named Christie. She is the cousin of Agatha from Kanto region.

Trainer Zinnia from Pokémon OR and AS makes an appearance. When Pokémon Bank becomes available in February 2017 she can tutor Dragon Ascent to a transferred Rayquaza.

There are many Alolan Form Pokémon. All from Gen One. I'm not aware of how many Generation Seven Pokémon there are. Seemingly a lot.

Rattata (Dark/Normal)
Raticate (Dark/Normal)
Ekans (Water/Poison)
Arbok (Water/Poison)
Raichu (Electric/Psychic)
Sandshrew (Ice/Steel)
Sandslash (Ice/Steel)
Nidorina (Fighting/Poison)
Nidoqueen (Fighting/Poison)
Nidorino (Fighting/Poison)
Nidoking (Fighting/Poison)
Vulpix (Ice)
Ninetales (Ice/Fairy)
Vileplume (Dark/Poison)
Meowth (Dark)
Persian (Dark/Psychic)
Ponyta (Fairy)
Rapidash (Fairy/Flying)
Doduo (Ground/Fighting)
Dodrio (Ground/Fighting)
Exeggutor (Grass/Dragon)
Marowak (Fire/Ghost)
Koffing (Fire)
Weezing (Fire)
Jynx (Grass/Psychic)
Omastar (Bug/Dragon) [Sun Only]
Omanyte (Bug/Dragon) [Sun Only]
Kabuto (Bug/Steel [Moon Only]
Kabutops (Bug/Steel) [Moon Only]

Mega Evolution is a post-game quest which requires you to find all 64 Mega Stones, 47 are from the previous 4 titles. Some of the new Mega's consist of Bellosom, Haxorus, Froslass, and the Starting Pokémon of GS.

There will be a trailer on Oct 4 which highlights some of these, and a Trail Version released to eshop on Oct 26. This trail version allows you to test out Rowlet, Litten, and Popplio for yourself. and also allows you to transfer any items found as well as Alolan Raticate to your purchased Sun and Moon games. From what I understand Japan's Trail Version features a different Alolan Mon instead of Raticate.

Last bit.

Pokémon Sun and Moon take place 20 years after the events of Red and Blue, and 3 years after the events of XY.

Shauna makes a return. She doesn't do much until post-game where she'll give you a Pangoro hat.

Red can be battled post-game. He'll have an Umbreon in Moon, and an Espeon in Sun.

Sun and Moon is a really large game full of too many things to do. There isn't a Kalos or Kanto post game but you guys will not be disappointed. Hope you all love the Oct 4 trailer.

I think it's pretty fake, even beyond that is the fact that some of the Alolan forms in the list were crossed out by Riddler.

How would you guys react if the middle evolutions ended up looking nothing like the leaked final evolutions? Like, if they started going in wildly different directions?
I'd be pretty confused, but it wouldn't be the first time that happened (Dewott -> Samurott comes to mind).

"Combine" is now as an option in the Bags menu (Use/Hold/Combine/Toss). You can combine Z crystals and Mega Stones to make a new items, like "Darkium Z Gengarite" for example.

The aura of Z-Stones allow some Pokémon to bond with their trainers and change some of their features in battle to look more like the trainer. This feature is limited to the Starting Pokémon from XY and SM, Type Null and Lycanroc. Plenty of Customization Options now to reflect this.

Z-Form Pokémon function similarly to Mega Evolved Pokémon. You can only use 1 in battle, but they're so powerful that if it feints you automatically lose the battle.

There isn't a Champion in Sun and Moon. Your games final boss fight is with UB-02 Beauty in Moon, or UB-02 Absorption in Sun - they aren't catchable.

Strong Pokémon are available in the wild, some of them include Mamoswine, Aerodactyl, Dragonite, Steelix, and Arcanine.

A wild Raikou roams MeleMele island post game. A wild Suicune roams Poni island. A wild Entei roams Ula'Ula island. They're all holding special Z stones.

NPC named Maize can sell you a only a dozen Moon Balls, Friend Balls, and several other Poke ball selections every 12 hours.

There is a Ghost Type Kahuna named Christie. She is the cousin of Agatha from Kanto region.

Trainer Zinnia from Pokémon OR and AS makes an appearance. When Pokémon Bank becomes available in February 2017 she can tutor Dragon Ascent to a transferred Rayquaza.

There are many Alolan Form Pokémon. All from Gen One. I'm not aware of how many Generation Seven Pokémon there are. Seemingly a lot.

Rattata (Dark/Normal)
Raticate (Dark/Normal)
Ekans (Water/Poison)
Arbok (Water/Poison)
Sandshrew (Ice/Steel)
Sandslash (Ice/Steel)
Vulpix (Ice)
Ninetales (Ice/Fairy)
Vileplume (Dark/Poison)
Meowth (Dark)
Persian (Dark/Psychic)
Ponyta (Fairy)
Rapidash (Fairy/Flying)
Doduo (Ground/Fighting)
Dodrio (Ground/Fighting)
Exeggutor (Grass/Dragon)
Marowak (Fire/Ghost)
Koffing (Fire)
Weezing (Fire)
Jynx (Grass/Psychic)

Mega Evolution is a post-game quest which requires you to find all 64 Mega Stones, 47 are from the previous 4 titles. Some of the new Mega's consist of Bellosom, Haxorus, Froslass, and the Starting Pokémon of GS.

There will be a trailer on Oct 4 which highlights some of these, and a Trail Version released to eshop on Oct 26. This trail version allows you to test out Rowlet, Litten, and Popplio for yourself. and also allows you to transfer any items found as well as Alolan Raticate to your purchased Sun and Moon games. From what I understand Japan's Trail Version features a different Alolan Mon instead of Raticate.

Last bit.

Pokémon Sun and Moon take place 20 years after the events of Red and Blue, and 3 years after the events of XY.

Shauna makes a return. She doesn't do much until post-game where she'll give you a Pangoro hat.

Red can be battled post-game. He'll have an Umbreon in Moon, and an Espeon in Sun.

Sun and Moon is a really large game full of too many things to do. There isn't a Kalos or Kanto post game but you guys will not be disappointed. Hope you all love the Oct 4 trailer.

I think it's pretty fake, even beyond that is the fact that some of the Alolan forms in the list were crossed out by Riddler.

I'd be pretty confused, but it wouldn't be the first time that happened (Dewott -> Samurott comes to mind).
Probably fake, but I wouldn't mind if it was real. Especially as Alola Arbok and Nidoking are on it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well.
With this.
I now lack 2 event legendaries...
Just Celebi and Diancie.
Finally, someone else missing those two specifically. :laugh:

Had Celebi in my Black version from HeartGold. Ended up misplacing that game. Whoops.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
For tomorrow's Pokémon news, the most I'm expecting is the dirt on the Cutiefly evo:

As for the Type: Null details, I'm banking later after CoroCoro like they're promising.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Don't mind me, just helping build a wall in our college so the slackers can pay for it.

#MakeColumbiaGreatAgain

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Rattata (Dark/Normal)
Raticate (Dark/Normal)
Ekans (Water/Poison)
Arbok (Water/Poison)
Sandshrew (Ice/Steel)
Sandslash (Ice/Steel)
Vulpix (Ice)
Ninetales (Ice/Fairy)
Vileplume (Dark/Poison)
Meowth (Dark)
Persian (Dark/Psychic)
Ponyta (Fairy)
Rapidash (Fairy/Flying)
Doduo (Ground/Fighting)
Dodrio (Ground/Fighting)
Exeggutor (Grass/Dragon)
Marowak (Fire/Ghost)
Koffing (Fire)
Weezing (Fire)
Jynx (Grass/Psychic)

Last bit.

Fake

"Z-Form Pokémon function similarly to Mega Evolved Pokémon. You can only use 1 in battle, but they're so powerful that if it feints you automatically lose the battle."

Nope. That would be really stupid

I'm still missing Arceus, Meloetta, Genesect and Volcanion from the event legends.

Apparently Meloetta will be distributed via internet in December, so that leaves three missing.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Rattata (Dark/Normal)
Raticate (Dark/Normal)
Ekans (Water/Poison)
Arbok (Water/Poison)
Sandshrew (Ice/Steel)
Sandslash (Ice/Steel)
Vulpix (Ice)
Ninetales (Ice/Fairy)
Vileplume (Dark/Poison)
Meowth (Dark)
Persian (Dark/Psychic)
Ponyta (Fairy)
Rapidash (Fairy/Flying)
Doduo (Ground/Fighting)
Dodrio (Ground/Fighting)
Exeggutor (Grass/Dragon)
Marowak (Fire/Ghost)
Koffing (Fire)
Weezing (Fire)
Jynx (Grass/Psychic)

Last bit.

That Agatha Christie reference though.

The thing throwing me off is the 20 years post-RBY, 3 post-XY, mainly because of Looker.

GameFreak's head of story development or whatever his title was confirmed that the Hoenn and Kanto games take place at the same time. Looker was in both ORAS and XY, but appeared the same age, despite this leak claiming they're seventeen years apart.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If the NX is a hybrid I'm betting there'll be a remake or sequel duo on the 3DS as after Diamond and Pearl's horrible optimisation GF has been reluctant to dive in to new hardware. We'd have to way for Gen 8 for Pokemon NX, bar spin-offs.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well, I'm missing <insert pretty much every event legendary besides Deoxys who doesn't count as an event Legendary anymore thanks to ORAS>

Edit: actually I lied I did get a Celebi...

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I only lack Meloetta... right up until Su&Mo put me back down at least another 60 or so.

More including Alola formes.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This is interesting.
>Rosalina's is just "Wooo"

This man has been spending too much time on Mario Wiki.

In other news.

They've acknowledged the problem. Now they have to fix it.

also i wonder if people will still try to defend the Sticker Star/Colour Splash Toads as being distinct and unique from each other.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Perhaps the game shouldn't have pokemon fusions...

Although I would totally use that

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I was just missing a small portion of a project being a few terms to put on the mask, the majority of the project was the actual mask. Even then that's only because I didn't have time to put something so simple on the mask because I just hardly got it last minute because my aunt(who took me to the place to paint it.) has a restraining order with my dad, so she had to give it to me at the very last minute. If it were up to me I would've written some sharpie labels on it really quickly, its a simple task rather much more so than me painting that entire mask. But I couldn't do it because I didn't have one, time was that tight.

I wasn't a lazy ***, I put passion into the project and it actually had meaning without the labels. And yet I get no credit even though he said himself he's grading them based on the mask itself on his subjective taste. It just kind of pisses me off that paper cut out masks are getting more credit than mine, and that my entire future as of right now is in jeapordy just because of one ****ing simple project. And yes, I have emailed him and I am going to talk with him, but I needed to get this stress and paranoia off of me here because elsewhere there's no one to talk to for the moment.

And sorry again for the rant, I just get called lazy even though really there's a lot of needless drama in my personal life that effects my efficency to get things done even though I need to.
Understandable, I prefer my students to email me prior to the class or the night before. I'm sure you'll get it sorted out.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'm still missing Arceus, Meloetta, Genesect and Volcanion from the event legends.

Apparently Meloetta will be distributed via internet in December, so that leaves three missing.
I can spot you an Arceus and Genesect if you spot me my missing two.

D

Deleted member

Joker finally caught up to the rest of the team, and I also grinded them so that now each one of them is lv 46, with the exceptions of Frojer, who is one level higher because he's the Ace
Also, after I finished grinding my team up, I traded Joker with a friend so that now my entire team is fully evolved, except for Galaxia, but I can't get a dusk stone until Terminus Cave anyway, and there's a long road until I get there.

D

Deleted member

Understandable, I prefer my students to email me prior to the class or the night before. I'm sure you'll get it sorted out.
Thanks, I got things sorted out easily.(Just talked to him in person because it was quicker and he prefers talking in person anyway.) Turns out it was because I didn't have the labels after all, but he understood why I couldn't get the labels on that morning. So it's all good, I'm going to add the labels on it and my grade will go back up, thankfully. I feel a lot less stressed out now, just don't like it whenever I see a F for a grade, I can't afford to fail even one class.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
So in light of all this NX discussion, I thought I'd start a new topic:

One of the reasons why the WiiU didn't sell very well was because of its name. If you were to rename the WiiU, what would you name it?
Wii Plus.
This is interesting.
Beautiful. Love the icons too.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Here's hoping for an NX reveal announcement tomorrow. I don't care if the actual reveal is weeks away or even in November. Just want to know the date.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Just watched the first episode of the new Digimon season, while I can't speak fully for it yet since I lack the subs, I liked what I saw of it so far. It was a decent introductory episode and it did give an interesting premise for what's going on and who the characters are. I also like that they set up the antagonist already as I feel the antagonists in the past Digimon season were pretty weak, so I'm hoping that them already giving it attention will mean it's properly developed once we get the full reveal.

Progress has been slow, but all 8 badges have finally been collected and Lugia has been caught. I'm not sure if I'll use him as he is a powerful legendary, though I won't deny it's tempting since he is one of my favorite Pokémon and one that would fit perfectly on the team as I lack a special tank (Noctowl was my old one, but an angry Primeape got a lucky punch in).

I'll get to grinding up my team later as I want them to be around level 45 before I hit the league, but that has to wait as school calls again.

Darkrai is gotten via the code DARKRAI2016 or if you live in ameerica DARKRAI20 but only if you havent gotten him via a gamestop code

So with this, I'm just missing Jirachi, Meloetta (which should be taken care of next month), and Volcanion. The rest I have across my B2 and Y/AS files.

I hope they get back to Jirachi then since it's my only elusive Event legendary at this point.

I'd be pretty surprised, and a bit interested to see how the debates and theories over the starter evolutions would evolve with the new information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom