• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I was curious about I was the only one who remember this Maverick when I have seen this Pokemon
Now, I'm sure i'm not.

Anyway, I have important question that is:
Can someone can give me a link to a website that explain easily how to hack your Wii U PAL?
Because from what I gather, it seem to complicate or it's just me or it's maybe too old.
Thank you to any good soul to help a random dood like me.
Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Kinda sorta posted on the wrong thread but no biggie...

Platinum update...

Neptune
Raiden
Nocturna

Have conquered Eterna City...After evolving in Eterna's Gym, Nocturna just ran right through Gardenia...What's cool is that she's not only a Flying type, but also a Poison type which means no poison point shenanigans from her Roserade...
Also defeated Jupiter's Skuntank with a bit of parafusion haxing...Obtained teh Bicycle and also an egg from Cynthia, wonder what's in inside...pretty sure it's going to be a Togepi though, if I wasn't using Golbat I'd probably consider it as I haven't used a Togekiss before...but since I already have a flying type and it's not fairy in this Gen, not much of a point...
Decided to give my Bidoof the Exp. Share until it evolves so I take advantage of it's HM Slave-ness for later on...Edit: well that didn't take long, thought it evolved at level 20, but no Level 15...

Very tempted to grab a Gible now, but I've used Garchomp so many times, both in this gen as well as in X and Y, it's not even funny...This will probably be one of the rare occasions I don't have a dragon type on my team...

Have an idea on one other team member but honestly as for the other two I feel like I'm winging it this time...Was considering a Toxicroak, but that'll be two poison types on my team as well and a huge psychic weakness...Was considering adding Houndour to my team as it's decent coverage, I have used Houndoom before but not too often...

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Ok this thread is dead so let's play a game!

It's called: Multi-Moveset Master Mod!

Hyrule Warrior's Master Quest Map has a gimmick where characters inherit another character's moveset.
So I challenge you to think of a playable Smash character, but with someone else's moveset

The rules:
-Switching semi-clones' movesets is forbidden. We know Ness and Lucas, Fox and Falco and Mario and Luigi can switch movesets. Please be creative.
-If switching movesets requires adding a weapon, please say which weapon gets added.
-Be creative, but don't go overboard. Some things just don't fit
-It's about movesets, so things like size don't need to fit. You can make Ganondorf have Kirby's moveset despite the size difference
-Have fun!
-You can draw weapons from their source material. This means that Toon Link can use the Skull Hammer, Lucario can use bones etc.

Example:
I think Palutena's moveset is a great fit for....
Toon Link!

Toon Link will use his Sand Rod for the scepter's attacks.
The wings get replaced by Deku Leaves
The Up Smash will feature columns of sand
The Hylian Shield will be used for Dash Attack, Back Air etc

Neutral B: Sand Bytes
Toon Link raises the Sand Wand, which fires a few square blocks of samd at the nearest opponent

Side B: Sand Wall
Toon Link swings the Sand Wand like a sword, which summons and pushes forward a wall of sand.

Up B: Sand Cloud
Toon Link disappears and reappears in a cloud of sand

Down B: Counter
Toon Link counters the opponent with his wand if he's struck

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm waiting for my dump to be done.
In like, 3-4 hours.:4marth:
I hope everything work well afterward.:4wiifitm: (And then get all those fancy mod and custom music:4diddy:)

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Mods I want to be real but won't be:

Ravio over Palutena
Uses Ice Rod and Bag in a Staff n Shield combo

Nabbit over Wario
Weaving in and out with erratic movements while eating projectiles.

Ruto over Sheik? Zelda? Lucario? Bayo?
I need my fish waifu in Smash thnx bye

Toon Zelda and Phantom over Rosalina and Luma
Except Toon Zelda is Luma and Phantom is Rosalina.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
SiIva is truly ending?

Dang, I loved that channel. Well he can know he made uploads people had a lot of fun with. Thanks for all the high quality SiIvaGunner

Chrono.

Some Pokemon stuff.
The image above has been going around with people saying that the starter evolutions will be revealed soon, as you can see that's not the case.

But they could still show up come this week, just don't bank on it.

Next is more on Riddler, it seems that this pic of a post they made was going around.

The post says he's making fun of the idea of people who think Z-Forms are happening, but as it turns out the Chinese is garbled and no one can find a source to the post, other than the pic on 4chan. It doesn't half a brain to put the two and two together there.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
can we change the thread subtitle to honor the team behind SiIva making the decision to end the channel

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Welp. Time to rep all pink this month for Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Then I'll go Pinky for Halloween again

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Another Pokémon anime episode title has been revealed: "A Zero With No End! Till The Day We Meet Again!!" Now, the last bit highly hints at the whole "Greninja is leaving Ash" speculation, but... A zero with no end? What's that supposed to mean?

:094:

Chrono.

Another Pokémon anime episode title has been revealed: "A Zero With No End! Till The Day We Meet Again!!" Now, the last bit highly hints at the whole "Greninja is leaving Ash" speculation, but... A zero with no end? What's that supposed to mean?

Something related to Xerosic maybe?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
:| ...hm, I think it means that we will see Ash (a zero) still being a loser for the rest of time (it will NEVER end)...

:p
really
:031:

when I see "Zero with no end" I think of infinity, which still makes no sense

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Saves the world countless of times, no one cares.
If he won a real League at least once in his Peter Pan life, I guess people would start to care.

I mean, he is the chosen one of everything, the hero of the Pokemon world PLENTY of times, and yet, he can't get to win a freakin' League?

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
I think it's symbolic SiIvaGunner decided to end the channel on the same day of The Flintstone's anniversary... nevertheless it was a fun ride :p

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

It looks like this episode title confirms that Clemont, Bonnie, and Serena will meet up with Ash at the airport rather than leaving him in next week's and two-weeks-from-now episodes respectively.

As for what the episode title means, I think "zero with no end" means that while the the group will be departing ways, they will still be best of friends.

If he won a real League at least once in his Peter Pan life, I guess people would start to care.

I mean, he is the chosen one of everything, the hero of the Pokemon world PLENTY of times, and yet, he can't get to win a freakin' League?
But Ash was EXTREMELY close to winning the Kalos League finals, unlike his past League accomplishments.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

It looks like this episode title confirms that Clemont, Bonnie, and Serena will meet up with Ash at the airport rather than leaving him in next week's and two-weeks-from-now episodes respectively.

As for what the episode title means, I think "zero with no end" means that while the the group will be departing ways, they will still be best of friends.

But Ash was EXTREMELY close to winning the Kalos League finals, unlike his past League accomplishments.
Well, that's true, but, MANY have wanted to see him win a real League, not just getting closer to do so, and then losing like always.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Well, that's true, but, MANY have wanted to see him win a real League, not just getting closer to do so, and then losing like always.
True, we all want Ash to win a League.

At this point, I would blame the writers for preventing Ash from winning the title.

AndreaAC

True, we all want Ash to win a League.

At this point, I would blame the writers for preventing Ash from winning the title.
And I still don't get why...if they think that by making him win at least ONCE does make it seem that it is going to be the end of the anime, OF COURSE NOT, to the contrary...it would make it more interesting at least in that regard and his damn journey can continue...at this point, many uncluding myself want it to end because it is getting way too repetitive (and the Peter Pan factor...)...I have watched it every since the very first season and I stopped because I didn't find any point it watching it anymore because I know it will always end the same way.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The new Jojo opening has me incredibly hyped. Why? Not only is it good and fits DiU, but the streetsigns reference something. 'SC1987', 'DU1999' and a third one with 'GW'... Part V being hinted at means we're getting it, though it being Japan's favourite might have already been a reason. And Part V's only good manga translation is only halfway through!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I remembered the one third party game that has yet to (and will probably never) be released on other Consoles so here's the updated list of boxed, exclusive WiiU games. When WiiU online support shuts down, there will be the games that you'll be left with, unavailable elsewhere.

Bayonetta 2
Super Mario 3D World
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Pokken (arguable as it's also an arcade release)
New Super Mario Bros WiiU + Luigi DLC
Nintendo Land (The tech demo game)
Game & Wario (the literal tech demo game)
Mario Kart 8
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
Splatoon
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Mario Party 10: CAAAAARRRRSSSS!!!!.
SMTxFE
Kirby & the Rainbow Curse
Pikmin 3
Paper Mario Color Splash

Did I miss any? Smash 4 itself does not count because of the 3DS version, even if the WiiU one does have more content and graphixs.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I remembered the one third party game that has yet to (and will probably never) be released on other Consoles so here's the updated list of boxed, exclusive WiiU games. When WiiU online support shuts down, there will be the games that you'll be left with, unavailable elsewhere.

Bayonetta 2
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Splatoon
Xenoblade Chronicles X
SMTxFE
Pikmin 3
Paper Mario Color Splash

Did I miss any? Smash 4 itself does not count because of the 3DS version, even if the WiiU one does have more content and graphixs.
Star Fox Zero is the only one that's missing, I think.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Star Fox Zero is the only one that's missing, I think.
Oh yeah, not to mention it's companion game got a limited physical release. I'll add them.

I also remembered something browsing the new Lego Dimensions releases, Lego City Undercover

New List
  1. Bayonetta 2
  2. Super Mario 3D World
  3. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
  4. Pokken (arguable as it's also an arcade release)
  5. New Super Mario Bros WiiU + Luigi DLC
  6. Nintendo Land (The tech demo game)
  7. Game & Wario (the literal tech demo game)
  8. Mario Kart 8
  9. Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
  10. Splatoon
  11. Xenoblade Chronicles X
  12. Mario Party 10: CAAAAARRRRSSSS!!!!.
  13. SMTxFE
  14. Kirby & the Rainbow Curse
  15. Pikmin 3
  16. Paper Mario Color Splash
  17. Star Fox Zero
  18. Star Fox Guard
  19. Lego City Undercover

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Sounds like you're in dire need of fiber.

...Oh.
Yes, I did it, I have make a joke without even be sure of it! :D
*small victory dance*
Nah really, I can't wait to play as Sans and Papyrus and other modded character and stage. (SONO CHI NO SADAME! JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOJO!!!!!!!!!)

At least next time they can't make him get closer to victory without actually winning.

Inb4 he wins and is then disqualified for some reason.

AndreaAC

Inb4 he wins and is then disqualified for some reason.
There's a HIGH probability of that to happen...you know now much the writers love to imitate the Teletubies by doing things "again again!" :V

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Dear Diary, today, I found out Opopo would rather make dirty jokes than watch Lume Cage :p

Also relevant
I've been having problems with my Netflix I'm trying to get resolved, so I've been avoiding spoilers like the plague. D:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
And I still don't get why...if they think that by making him win at least ONCE does make it seem that it is going to be the end of the anime, OF COURSE NOT, to the contrary...it would make it more interesting at least in that regard and his damn journey can continue...at this point, many uncluding myself want it to end because it is getting way too repetitive (and the Peter Pan factor...)...I have watched it every since the very first season and I stopped because I didn't find any point it watching it anymore because I know it will always end the same way.
My guess is that the writers still keep the kid audience in mind, and you'll always have a new set of kids that will be introduced to the Pokemon franchise, possibly from the anime. Perhaps the writers keep on making Ash lose because they want kids to learn that they can't always win everything, and as children grow up and see that Ash keeps on losing, they'll probably have moved on to some other aspect of Pokemon for them to enjoy, but yet again, you have a new set of kids that will be introduced to the anime, and then they'll learn about the meaning of loss. It's basically on ongoing cycle.

For me, in the events leading up to the Kalos League, I've learned to not get my hopes up that much about Ash winning the League. As much as I want Ash to win a League, I've also come to accept Ash losing because the writers want to keep on teaching the lesson about losing to the new batch of younger audience. I've come to watch the anime not to see Ash win the League, but rather to see how Ash and the people he travels with develop throughout the season and what kind of events will unfold as Ash reaches the League. If Ash and the other important characters in the season develop well and the events are entertaining enough to catch my interest, I'll watch the series.

In the case of a series like B/W, I didn't enjoy it because Ash didn't develop very well, returning back to his immature self like he was in the original series, not to mention most of the other characters weren't very enjoyable, most events throughout the season were not written too well (whether it'd be the poorly-done Team Plasma arc or that pointless filler season where Ash and the gang travel from island to island on their way to Kanto), and things felt too formulaic overall. I think the only things I really enjoyed from BW was how Meloetta interacted with Ash and Cynthia's return and that was it. Pretty much lost an interest in the anime at the time.

For X/Y, different story. One of the main reasons I gained a renewed interested in the anime was because of Serena and how the pre-release advertisements mentioned she was a childhood friend to Ash, and man was she worth the hype. Easily the best female companion Ash has ever had IMO. Not only is she the first female companion to have a crush on Ash, but she undergoes really good character development as the series progresses, both as a performer and a friend. Clemont and Bonnie were also enjoyable too, and characters like Korrina and Alain got some interesting spotlight. Battles are more hype worthy to watch in the series thanks to the highly improved animation. Ash himself is also more likable, showing some great development in episodes such as the one after losing to Wulfric and and the way he handles his Kalos League finals loss, and displaying more maturity compared to other seasons.

And while the writers will still keep formulaic writings such as Ash losing the League and Ash leaving behind his friends from the region at the end of the series, they still made some interesting changes as the series progressed. In addition to Serena being the first female companion to having a crush in Ash, she is also the first character in the series to cut her hair halfway through the series to represent a change in her personality (a common cliche in anime, yes, but this hasn't been done in Pokemon until now). Then, there's Ash losing two Gym Battles instead of one (last time that happened was in Kanto), good symbolism (such as the flashing lights in the hospital hallway in Mega Evolution Act IV when Alain overhears Mairin crying to symbolize inner conflict, the bonfire in XY&Z episode 8 that symbolizes Bonnie's growing despair over Squishy's absence to the point that one of the logs in the fire falls down, representing the moment Bonnie's despair peaks and starts to cry, and the snowstorm in one episode to symbolize the trouble Ash and Greninja face with the the evolution of the Vivillions following the storm to symbolize a new beginning for Ash and Greninja), and darker moments in the series such as the events in the Team Flare arc (which also deserves a mention for being the best villainous team arc in the entire anime, blowing the past three out of the water).

TL;DR - If a season in the Pokemon anime gets good development throughout it such as many memorable battles, Ash, friends, and even rivals developing as characters and becoming likable in the process, and perhaps even the writers changing up things not counting the League and the end of the season, chances are I'll get hooked onto that season of the anime. If Sun and Moon will have good battles, likable characters, good writing, and not reset Ash's personality, I'll probably be hooked to it as well, but I'll judge if it'll be worth watching once I see the first 5-10 episodes.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

Bayonetta 2
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Splatoon
Xenoblade Chronicles X
SMTxFE
Pikmin 3
Paper Mario Color Splash

Devil's Third, not that anyone cares about that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom