• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Good evening fellow spooks! October is upon us, and as a nice "treat"... I'll be posting 31 songs for the season. And as an extra "trick"... I'll post a riddle to the identity of the next song. Whoever guesses correctly first will receive a "point"... Fun for all month long.

So without any delay...

Day One: Spooky Scary Skeletons

Might as well get this out of the way! Silly and meme-able, this tune will no doubt eco in the halls of the Internet all month.

The tune tomorrow,
This haunted abode
Contains some ghosts
Who want to be alone...

But to proceed within...
And get out the door...
Know when it appeared...
In number Four.
I'm definitely wrong but...

Grim Grinning Ghosts

The first part refers to the Haunted Mansion. Constance the Ghost Bride doesn't want visitors, and she lives in the attic. The attic was the setting of the fourth issue of the Haunted Mansion comic series published by Marvel.

...If this is somehow right, I'm patting myself on the back.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Diamond update.
Prinplup (Private)
:041: Miiverse
Starly (Powthing)
Budew (Infigrowth)
:074: (Childhood)
Shinx (Sphinx)

Defeated the Oreburgh City Gym. The first two Pokémon were easy one-shots with a Piplup. I sent out Powthing to get a bit of experience on Cranidos, then went back to Piplup to finish the job.

Childhood now knows Rock Smash and Stealth Rock. Powthing knows Hidden Power.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Since September is over and the NX STILL hasn't been revealed, I decided we may as well ask again.

When do you expect NX to be revealed

http://www.strawpoll.me/11344452

:061:
Mid October.
I have a feeling the NX's initial release date has been delayed. Which is why we haven't heard anything despite getting closer and closer to March.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Dug out two old friends I haven't used in a very long time on FG. Surprisingly, I'm still moderately good with them, and landed a Falcon Punch kill one game. Feels satisfying to use them again.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Good evening fellow spooks! October is upon us, and as a nice "treat"... I'll be posting 31 songs for the season. And as an extra "trick"... I'll post a riddle to the identity of the next song. Whoever guesses correctly first will receive a "point"... Fun for all month long.

So without any delay...

Day One: Spooky Scary Skeletons

Might as well get this out of the way! Silly and meme-able, this tune will no doubt eco in the halls of the Internet all month.

The tune tomorrow,
This haunted abode
Contains some ghosts
Who want to be alone...

But to proceed within...
And get out the door...
Know when it appeared...
In number Four.
I prefer the remix of Spoopy Sparey Speletons. :p

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
After some consideration, I'll will open of my Killer Instinct booster packs (with making minimal damage to the wrapper).

Says each pack has 1 rare, 3 uncommon, & 8 common.

EDIT: Oops! Double post. Sry.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Gon did nothing wrong, he wasn't that bad of an addition in Tekken 3. Sure the manga is a bit obscure, but it's a very entertaining gag series about a T-Rex trying to survive past extinction with modern day animals (because **** logic). He's Kirby in the form of a dinosaur as ridiculous as it sounds, but helpful if not a bit hotheaded at times. :p

It's a shame we won't be seeing him anymore due to licensing issues, and that is also a reason for Tekken 3 not returning to the PlayStation Network.
They can always do what Mega Man Legends did and just charge $9.99 for the game instead of the usual $4.99 to cover the licensing fees. Better than not getting the game outright. I have the first two PS1 Tekken games and it really sucks that I can't get the 3rd one. Also hoping there's some sort of PS2 HD Collection for Tekken that has Tag Tournament, 4, and 5 included.

Speaking of Mega Man Legends by the way...

Finally finished Mega Man Legends 2 last night. Great game and I liked it almost as much as I did Legends 1.

Here's hoping Capcom will finally get Megaman's ass off the moon one day by finally ending the story arc with MML3.

Last edited:

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
That's pretty awesome! Looks great.

I wonder....

Do you have pics of your full collection of gaming merch? You've posted some cool things from it, from time to time, so it be neat to see what it all looks like.
Unfortunately I've never taken a full collection pic before, on top of that, I got new carpet last month and I'm still reorganizing everything. The most note worthy things I have are:

Earthbound (CIB)
The Flintstones: The Surprise At Dinosaur Peak (NES)
Pulseman (CIB)
Gimmick! (Famicom)
Summer Carnival '92 Recca (Famicom)
Popful Mail (Sega CD CIB + Strategy Guide)
Little Samson (Famicom)
Twin Famicom System
R.O.B. + Gyromite Set
Pokemon Yellow NES (Repro)
Smash Amiibos
Complete Fire Emblem Series

At the moment I have about ~355 physical games (~125 are NES carts), ~20 systems, ~16 VG OSTs, ~70 Nintendo Powers, a few artbooks & DVDs, etc.

If you want to see some REALLY wild game collections you should check out the stickied threads on NintendoAge. http://nintendoage.com/forum/categories.cfm?catid=5

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Unfortunately I've never taken a full collection pic before, on top of that, I got new carpet last month and I'm still reorganizing everything. The most note worthy things I have are:

Earthbound (CIB)
The Flintstones: The Surprise At Dinosaur Peak (NES)
Pulseman (CIB)
Gimmick! (Famicom)
Summer Carnival '92 Recca (Famicom)
Popful Mail (Sega CD CIB + Strategy Guide)
Little Samson (Famicom)
Twin Famicom System
R.O.B. + Gyromite Set
Pokemon Yellow NES (Repro)
Smash Amiibos
Complete Fire Emblem Series

At the moment I have about ~355 physical games (~125 are NES carts), ~20 systems, ~16 VG OSTs, ~70 Nintendo Powers, a few artbooks & DVDs, etc.

If you want to see some REALLY wild game collections you should check out the stickied threads on NintendoAge. http://nintendoage.com/forum/categories.cfm?catid=5
That's some cool things. I will definitely try to get an actual R.O.B. one day. Other then that my only collection is amiibos with a few small Nintendo merchandise pieces.

But checking out those threads really did show some wild ones. There are massive collections on there! It was cool to see what people had in some of those threads.
Since September is over and the NX STILL hasn't been revealed, I decided we may as well ask again.

When do you expect NX to be revealed

http://www.strawpoll.me/11344452

Never isn't an option so I voted Mid October.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Another Y run update.
(Level 36)
(Level 35)
(Level 34)
(Level 34)
(Level 32)
(Level 32)

All honesty Slowking, er queen I should say, might have had the potential to clear through Korrina's gym but I ultimately didn't do it.
Vivillon shows up once again to cripple the hell out of the leader's ace. Successfully manages to do so... only to get knocked out by a Rock Tomb that came out of nowhere... kinda sad really though, since that would be the last battle it would participate in. Still though. Vivillon... I honestly never expected much from you. You just seemed like the next early bug. But with Compound Eyes, Stun Spore, and Supersonic, you found your way into my team for a lot longer than expected. You were easily the MVP of the first three gyms. Even though you're just in the PC, it feels like the dawn of a new era now that you're not with the rest of the gang.
... Well that speech was longer than it needed to be. :p
I kinda wanted to ditch Nidoking in favor of Lucario. Hell, had I not used Lucario last run, I would have. Nidoking really hasn't been contributing much, at least when compared to the rest of the group. Also I decided to say screw it with the original plan to do rotation. At this point I really don't need to do so since I pretty much have every type covered.

:094:

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
That's some cool things. I will definitely try to get an actual R.O.B. one day. Other then that my only collection is amiibos with a few small Nintendo merchandise pieces.

But checking out those threads really did show some wild ones. There are massive collections on there! It was cool to see what people had in some of those threads.
If you're interested in the collecting scene I'd recommend checking out the Completely Unnecessary Podcast (CUPodcast). Even if you're not a collector, it's a fun insight into both the retro and modern gaming scenes.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys, I am back from my Smash 4 Singles event. Here are my overall results from playing as Cloud, my main;

Winners Bracket: Lost to a Dr. Mario on the first round (I blame my overconfidence/nervousness, but I am trying to avoid making excuses if I can).

Losers Bracket: Beat a Samus (I believe) and a Corrin switch for the first round, then I beat another Corrin and a Toon Link switch (two separate players using two separate characters each anyway) for the second round before losing to a Marth during the third round. I consequently made the same mistake from the second round during my first third round match; fast falling/using down air off the stage, which was how the first match of the second round went down for the other player's first stock (mistakes do happen). The Tipper was how it all ended during the second match of the third round, however, as that is how I would lose my second stock. I think releasing my Side Special Limit Break at the wrong time was what cost me the round overall.

Oh well; I guess I was a bit too overconfident/nervous since this was my first ever Smash 4 Singles event that involved competitive play. And although I admit to tossing my controller to the side or having the occasional swear word when I am home playing For Glory, I was able to contain myself as to not make myself look inmature (and honestly, I am working on containing my frustration at making silly mistakes or just losing a match/getting 0'deathed).

Regardless, guess I'll just learn and grow from this event and do better next time.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If you're interested in the collecting scene I'd recommend checking out the Completely Unnecessary Podcast (CUPodcast). Even if you're not a collector, it's a fun insight into both the retro and modern gaming scenes.

I probably wouldn't do any major collecting, but it's also neat to see them. I add different things every once in awhile to it.

And that podcast sounds fun, I'll definitely check it out.

That spoopy Marth all of a sudden made me want to see a mod of Bayonetta.

From another spoopy character that could fit her strange proportions.

. . . The pumpkin King

IDK what you would do to the guns( Finger pistols? lol) but we know he can dance because of his theatrics (and his videogame) and man would I love to see it.

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Another Y run update.
(Level 36)
(Level 35)
(Level 34)
(Level 34)
(Level 32)
(Level 32)

All honesty Slowking, er queen I should say, might have had the potential to clear through Korrina's gym but I ultimately didn't do it.
Vivillon shows up once again to cripple the hell out of the leader's ace. Successfully manages to do so... only to get knocked out by a Rock Tomb that came out of nowhere... kinda sad really though, since that would be the last battle it would participate in. Still though. Vivillon... I honestly never expected much from you. You just seemed like the next early bug. But with Compound Eyes, Stun Spore, and Supersonic, you found your way into my team for a lot longer than expected. You were easily the MVP of the first three gyms. Even though you're just in the PC, it feels like the dawn of a new era now that you're not with the rest of the gang.
... Well that speech was longer than it needed to be. :p
I kinda wanted to ditch Nidoking in favor of Lucario. Hell, had I not used Lucario last run, I would have. Nidoking really hasn't been contributing much, at least when compared to the rest of the group. Also I decided to say screw it with the original plan to do rotation. At this point I really don't need to do so since I pretty much have every type covered.

Tbh, last time I played Y, I went out of my way for a nidorina. The most useful thing it had as Nidoqueen was Earth Power imo. Though, I did kinda go for it just so I could name my nidoqueen Killer Queen. So out of curiosity, what's your moveset for Nidoking?

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
This is a pretty cool mod:
That is a spookily beautiful mod.

. . . The pumpkin King

IDK what you would do to the guns( Finger pistols? lol) but we know he can dance because of his theatrics (and his videogame) and man would I love to see it.

Ummmmmm YESSSSSSS That needs to be a thing!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Holy ****, no one told me this dino was a ****ing planet buster!

Now I'm going to read his manga ASAP thanks to this.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Should have read the manga a long time ago bucko.

And sorry to disappoint you, this planet busting feat is only exclusive to the Super Famicom game. He's still an undefeatable powerhouse in his canon adventures though.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

I certainly don't remember Gon destroying planets in the manga. He did kick some animal butt though.

The manga certainly is interesting. Very detailed art with not a single speech bubble in sight.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Tbh, last time I played Y, I went out of my way for a nidorina. The most useful thing it had as Nidoqueen was Earth Power imo. Though, I did kinda go for it just so I could name my nidoqueen Killer Queen. So out of curiosity, what's your moveset for Nidoking?
Currently he has Poison Jab, Dig, Shadow Claw, and Chip Away. Last one is just filler, but there's not much else he can really have right now so it might as well stay.
... I do have a feeling he might redeem himself soon though. I mean, with the next gyms being Grass, Electric, and Fairy, surely he's bound to do something other than just sit and occasionally help.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

. . . The pumpkin King

Give him a little pea shooter type of thing so he can rapid fire pumpkin seeds? :p

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I certainly don't remember Gon destroying planets in the manga. He did kick some animal butt though.

The manga certainly is interesting. Very detailed art with not a single speech bubble in sight.
Probably some creative liberties that Bandai did with him for the game. They definitely exaggerated his strength here. :laugh:

From the first few chapters, I can definitely say it's interesting. The art is just so detailed, even the environments look pretty believable. I might think about giving the CG anime a watch once I get Netflix running again soon.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Welp.....I really can't pla
Currently he has Poison Jab, Dig, Shadow Claw, and Chip Away. Last one is just filler, but there's not much else he can really have right now so it might as well stay.
... I do have a feeling he might redeem himself soon though. I mean, with the next gyms being Grass, Electric, and Fairy, surely he's bound to do something other than just sit and occasionally help.

For me he was usually a last-minute KO opportunity, getting the win in after the opposing mon's health is in the red and the rest of my team is down. For a heavy hitter like him, it can be very helpful imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom