• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
mini update...
Neptune
Raiden
Nocturna
Nothing says friendship quite like murdering a Pichu in a cemetary...She evolved at level 29
Garm
Edit: Well, that didn't take long for Garm to evolve...literally only needed two levels...
With such a low level to evolve it's a wonder why Houndour isn't available sooner in the games he's available in...I mean in Gen 2 you can't get one until Kanto...

Also got a gifted Eevee and Togepi hatched...Wondering if I should use the Eevee?...If I do it's either going to be an Espeon or Leafeon as all the others with have their typings covered sooner or later...

Edit:Edit: Apparently my team has Pokerus now...cool...

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Just finished watching the first 3 episodes of Luke Cage. Crazy good for the origin of Power Man. Can't wait for Heroes for Hire

omg, Two Best Friends play uploaded a new ****storm video
Is it time to go into the Woolie Hole again?

D

Deleted member

Screenshot (104).png
Stuff like this is why I never trust any statistics coming from surveys.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
OH MY ****ING GOD, I DID IT, I CAN PLAY WITH MOD NOW.
TAKE THAT NINTENDO, NOW I AM GOING TO PUT ALL THE METROID MOD I WANT.

Oh hey, how it's going here? Me, I'm good.:cheep:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Two... Hundred... Pokeballs.
Preordered mine a few days ago. Apparently there were only three left they were taking orders for at the place I ordered at.

I'm gonna split my two pack with someone else and I still don't know what I'm going to do with my half of the Pokeballs.

I highly doubt I'm going to burn through all 100 before I get a better class of them, and that's if I don't decide to do something random like picking up a ton of Premier Balls the old fashioned way early on.

. . .Then again, I guess that means I could sell them for some quick pocket (monster) change if I end up wanting to.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Gets the pack
>Starts playing one of the games
>Uses the code
>One of the very first encounters is a Shiny.
>Looks at bag filled with balls.
> :denzel:

D

Deleted member

2 days left until the next batch of Sun and Moon info. What do you think will be revealed?

On a somewhat unrelated note, I got myself a Jaw Fossil (I used to pick the Sail Fossil but now I prefer Tyrantrum over Aurorus) and named my Tyrunt "Jawseph" (AKA the best nickname I ever came up with)
One more team member left to find, which I already mentioned in a previous post

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
2 days left until the next batch of Sun and Moon info. What do you think will be revealed?

On a somewhat unrelated note, I got myself a Jaw Fossil (I used to pick the Sail Fossil but now I prefer Tyrantrum over Aurorus) and named my Tyrunt "Jawseph" (AKA the best nickname I ever came up with)
On that topic, I wonder if there'll be new Fossil Pokemon. IT would be the first gen since two to not have them if so. I don't see why not, it's not like they're gonna run out extinct animals any time soon.

D

Deleted member

Starter mid-evos.

Inb4 I'm wrong again.
Gamefreak pls

On that topic, I wonder if there'll be new Fossil Pokemon. IT would be the first gen since two to not have them if so. I don't see why not, it's not like they're gonna run out extinct animals any time soon.
For some reason, I feel like we won't get any. We're a little bit more than a month away from the game's release and we still don't know about them... But what do I know. I have no idea when they usually reveal the Fossil Pokemon since this is my first time speculating a new Gen

D

Deleted member

With such a low level to evolve it's a wonder why Houndour isn't available sooner in the games he's available in...I mean in Gen 2 you can't get one until Kanto...
Because the Johto games are weird and don't want to give you cool new Pokemon before the E4
Literally the only Dark Pokemon avaible before it is Umbreon and the only Steel one is Magnemite(though HGSS allows you to get Steelix and Scizor earlier thanks to the Pokeathlon)
EDIT: Actually, I just remembered Skarmory is avaible in the Silver games on the route near Blackthorn, Steel might not be as big of an issue as Dark but it's still pretty noticeable when it was just introduced
I never used a Murkrow or a Houndoom or a Larvitar before because by the time you get them, you already have a full team with high level Pokemon
Though now that I'll be finally Nuzlocking the Kanto part, maybe I'll have a chance to use them

Last edited by a moderator:

Burruni

Smash Hero

With just about a month left before release.
I feel there are 3 big things that need to be covered.
1) Starter Middle Evos, possibly including a teaser that they will evolve differently based on a particular thing IF split evos are going to be a thing.
2) If real, Z-Forms.
3) If real, "Darwisker." That kind of pokemon seems too... gimmicky not to be touched upon officially.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I figured I should come and say hello to everyone here since this is my first time visiting this thread.
Some of you may already know me from other threads but nonetheless, what up!

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Because the Johto games are weird and don't want to give you cool new Pokemon before the E4
Literally the only Dark Pokemon avaible before it is Umbreon and the only Steel one is Magnemite(though HGSS allows you to get Steelix and Scizor earlier thanks to the Pokeathlon)
EDIT: Actually, I just remembered Skarmory is avaible in the Silver games on the route near Blackthorn, Steel might not be as big of an issue as Dark but it's still pretty noticeable when it was just introduced
I never used a Murkrow or a Houndoom or a Larvitar before because by the time you get them, you already have a full team with high level Pokemon
Though now that I'll be finally Nuzlocking the Kanto part, maybe I'll have a chance to use them
Steelix and Scizor both require trading while holding a Metal Coat which you can Theif from wild Magnemites...Just being trade evos is a problem but you can catch both Scyther and Onix as well as obtain Metal Coat before the E4...and you can also get a Forretress by headbutting trees to catch a Pineco...
In Pokemon Crystal you can catch wild Sneasel in Ice Path...Sucks that you can't obtain the best pokemon ever before frikkin Mt. Silver otherwise...
HGSS gives you a shot at some pokes such as Murkrow and a Larvitar (good luck evolving before the E4 though) in the Safari Zone...

I agree that the Johto games really limited the usage of the new typings, that everyone would've loved to use...unlike X and Y where fairies were scattered all over...

D

Deleted member

Steelix and Scizor both require trading while holding a Metal Coat which you can Theif from wild Magnemites...Just being trade evos is a problem but you can catch both Scyther and Onix as well as obtain Metal Coat before the E4...and you can also get a Forretress by headbutting trees to catch a Pineco...
In Pokemon Crystal you can catch wild Sneasel in Ice Path...Sucks that you can't obtain the best pokemon ever before frikkin Mt. Silver otherwise...
HGSS gives you a shot at some pokes such as Murkrow and a Larvitar (good luck evolving before the E4 though) in the Safari Zone...

I agree that the Johto games really limited the usage of the new typings, that everyone would've loved to use...unlike X and Y where fairies were scattered all over...
Stealing items from wild Pokemon is more trouble than it's worth it with that 5% chance of then even having it
Forgot about Forretress though, guess Steel wasn't that big of a deal

I don't count the Safari zone because that requires you to invest too much time into it before the post game and it takes a lot of irl time
Didn't know about Sneasel in Crystal, why did they remove it from HGSS? I'd love to have caught one that isn't just box decoration

Also, another problem Johto has are evolutionary stones
Everything but the Moon Stone(which you can only normally get 2 pre-E4) is only avaible through trainer rematches(aka only after beatibg Tean Rocket) and, again, the Pokeathlon which didn't exist in the originals and gets tedious after a while

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Stealing items from wild Pokemon is more trouble than it's worth it with that 5% chance of then even having it
Forgot about Forretress though, guess Steel wasn't that big of a deal

I don't count the Safari zone because that requires you to invest too much time into it before the post game and it takes a lot of irl time
Didn't know about Sneasel in Crystal, why did they remove it from HGSS? I'd love to have caught one that isn't just box decoration

Also, another problem Johto has are evolutionary stones
Everything but the Moon Stone(which you can only normally get 2 pre-E4) is only avaible through trainer rematches(aka only after beatibg Tean Rocket) and, again, the Pokeathlon which didn't exist in the originals and gets tedious after a while
Well the Safari Zone at least gives you access to more Pokemon before hand, and it also gives you extra grinding completing that arc, so I never saw it as a hassle...

Pure chance that I had Crystal when I was young and ran into Sneasel in Ice Path...Would not have been my favourite pokemon otherwise...

D

Deleted member

I just realized I didn't post my final thoughts on 91 Days, though there isn't much to say without spoiling anything or no one understanding and caring about what I'm saying
All I have to say is that it's probably my favorite revenge story I've seen, it takes the revenge theme throughout the entire series and doesn't drop it halfway with a simple "revenge is bad" note(*cough*Xenoblade Chronicles*cough*), it takes these themes, analyses them and plays with what exactly it takes and means for someone to achieve it.
And by the end, it gave me a satisfying yet empty feeling.
So my final rating for 91 Days has got to be 91/100

Now it's time for another anime season to start(though Jojo is still with us), I'll probably wait 3 episodes to really decide what to watch(except Bungou since I already watched the first season) and last time I judged an anime by its first episode alone, I ended up watching Charlotte
And I can already tell Izetta, The Last Witch is gonna drop everything amazing from the first episode for some Yuri-bait-witch-fighting-nazis-that-will-just-become-a-generic-supernatural-anime-with-cool-action-scenes

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
lul vgchartz

According the VGC, Advance Wars: Days of Ruin was released before the 20th century. Meaning people were playing AW in Japan before World War's 1 and 2. Too bad it took almost 110 years to get it localized in the West.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
lul vgchartz

According the VGC, Advance Wars: Days of Ruin was released before the 20th century. Meaning people were playing AW in Japan before World War's 1 and 2. Too bad it took 109 years to get it localized in the West.
Holy **** the sales are very lackluster despite how long it's been around
I just realized I didn't post my final thoughts on 91 Days, though there isn't much to say without spoiling anything or no one understanding and caring about what I'm saying
All I have to say is that it's probably my favorite revenge story I've seen, it takes the revenge theme throughout the entire series and doesn't drop it halfway with a simple "revenge is bad" note(*cough*Xenoblade Chronicles*cough*), it takes these themes, analyses them and plays with what exactly it takes and means for someone to achieve it.

Now it's time for another anime season to start(though Jojo is still with us), I'll probably wait 3 episodes to really decide what to watch(except Bungou since I already watched the first season) and last time I judged an anime by its first episode alone, I ended up watching Charlotte
And I can already tell Izetta, The Last Witch is gonna drop everything amazing from the first episode for some Yuri-bait-witch-fighting-nazis-that-will-just-become-a-generic-supernatural-anime-with-cool-action-scenes
*inhales* WATCH KAMEN RIDER YOU WEEB

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Im gonna watch an anime called Yuri on ice. No its not yuri, Its about A russian ice skater named Yuri and a japanese boy named Yuuri

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

lul vgchartz

According the VGC, Advance Wars: Days of Ruin was released before the 20th century. Meaning people were playing AW in Japan before World War's 1 and 2. Too bad it took almost 110 years to get it localized in the West.
World War II started when Hitler played some AW and thought it would be way cooler if it was actually real
#BlameAW
Holy **** the sales are very lackluster despite how long it's been around

*inhales* WATCH KAMEN RIDER YOU WEEB
*checks MAL*
Nope, no Kamen Rider this season, sorry
Im gonna watch an anime called Yuri on ice. No its not yuri, Its about A russian ice skater named Yuri and a japanese boy named Yuri
When I saw the title of that anime I could swear it was literally just an Yuri... except on ice
But when you try to make other read a manga called Bojura no Hentai you don't even get surprised anymorr

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Holy **** the sales are very lackluster despite how long it's been a
round
Obv it's because there was no documentation of sales back in the day.
World War II started when Hitler played some AW and thought it would be way cooler if it was actually real
#BlameAW
Exactly. Hitler is a wannabe Sturm. He wanted to do the same thing Sturm did but wasn't able to drop a Meteor so he lost the war.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I figured I should come and say hello to everyone here since this is my first time visiting this thread.
Some of you may already know me from other threads but nonetheless, what up!
Welcome!
What exactly am I looking at? A bonus code for 200 pokeballs if you preorder both games?
Yes, but only if you buy both through the dual pack.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Oh boy! Two hundred Pokeballs?!
Wow! What a steal! That's like... More Pokeballs than you would ever want!

What's next? Two hundred Potions? Man, think of all the 20 points I could recover!

Chrono.

Just finished watching the first episode of Digimon Universe, good start, it's pretty different from the other Digimon anime and I actually feel it borrows a lot of ideas from Yokai Watch (but without all the dumb dancing).

Anyways, I liked it but I feel people will be annoyed with the main character. Unlike the other characters except Takato and maybe Taiki, he doesn't follow the usual Taichi-esque mold. Instead he's quiet and pretty unsure of himself, which I know isn't exactly a popular archetype these days.

Oh and both and OP and ED got posted in much better quality, they be catchy.

Oh boy! Two hundred Pokeballs?!
Wow! What a steal! That's like... More Pokeballs than you would ever want!

What's next? Two hundred Potions? Man, think of all the 20 points I could recover!
Substitution Substitution

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom