• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699

I'm pretty sure rats were meant to be ugly and have cheek pouches to begin with.

Did anyone really care about Raticate for the past six generations?
Tbh, no,but before seeing Alolan Raticate a friend told me he was genuinely interested in Ratatta for once due to the alolan form looking like a member of the mafia. Then he was saddened upon seeing Raticate.
But the same could be said for Exeggutor, except there's a genuine reason for hating it.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Fatticate is the best Ratticate.

I'd rather have a realistically accurate wild rodent than a boring brown rodent you can buy from a pet store.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Fatticate is the best Ratticate.

I'd rather have a realistically accurate wild rodent than a boring brown rodent you can buy from a pet store.
There you go with those names again.

People cared about Green's Raticate that's for sure.
Oh, the good old "Green's Ratticate died" theories. How can I forget about those? :troll:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
There you go with those names again.
Pretty sure every fan and their grandmother were calling him "Fatticate" since he reared his chubby face.

I think that's a cute and fitting name for Alola Ratticate.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Forgot to mention, but I watched all the Generations episodes earlier today. With the exception of episode 3, they were all really good.

Chrono.

Well this just popped up...

Game Theory: How A 2004 Game Copied A 2015 Game.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Undertale "fans" (if they even are fans) just keep finding new ways to try and make the fan base look bad huh?

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero

Game Theory: How the 2004 Game that probably made the single biggest impact on the indie gaming world to open the door for the medium copied an overhyped and ok 2015 game.*

*Who in general did a lot to copy/"steel" the feel and general aesthetic of a Nintendo franchise

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
That's funny, because I just got done read I ng the blog post where Toby Fox acknowledged Cave Story.

The circle completes itself.

D

Deleted member

Suddenly my Xatu got Pokerus and now my entire team has it, cool I guess
Final pre-E4 Soul Silver update
Shulk, the All-Seeing Xatu Lv44
Ability: Synchronize
Item: Yache Berry
-Confuse Ray
-Fly
-Future Sight
-Night Shade

Joseph, the Lighting Fist Hitmonchan Lv45
Ability: Keen Eye
Item: Muscle Band
-Fire Punch
-Thunder Punch
-Sky Uppercut
-Ice Punch

Claire, the Yellow Thunder Jolteon Lv45
Ability: Volt Absorb
Item: King's Rock
-Attract
-Charge Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball

Rem, the Wrath Demon Poliwrath Lv46
Ability: Damp
Item: Shell Bell
-Body Slam
-Focus Punch
-Hypnosis
-Waterfall

Alexander, the King of Conquerors Nidoking Lv46
Ability: Rivalry
Item: Quick Claw
-Avalanche
-Iron Tail
-Earthquake
-Double Kick

Naga, the Eleventh-Hour Ranger Lugia Lv45
Ability: Pressure
Item: Mystic Water
-Extrassensory
-Reflect
-Surf
-Aeroblast
Like a mob boss

so its perfect considering what rattata is
Fine, I'll name one Don Orco

Please be satire please be satire please be satire

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Welp, my Xatu died to Hitmontop's Counter but at least he took him down thanks to a Future Sight he had set
RIP Shulk, you struggled to do damage but you did a good job

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Heheheheh, I'm in the middle of an extremely funny flame war and here I am eating popcorn while enjoying it.

It's another Color Splash related debate between a "fanboy" and a "wallet speaker". My personal favorite. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Whew, I beat Lance, with that, the first half of Soul Silver is over
Good thing I brought Lugia to this fight because she was the only one that could deal with that Outrage spamming Dragonite, also good that I taught it Reflect for no other reason than to get rid of Rain Dance
But I almost had a heart attack when I saw that the last Dragonite was the Blizzard one, I thought it had Thunder because one of them switched in against Jolteon which would be immune to it but nope, my Nidoking took a Blizzard to his face and somehow survived with 22HP and countered with an Avalanche ending the fight. This is how you do a final battle boys
Imma name mine Fango and I will protect him with mt life
Fango isn't fat tho
I'd name a Gumshoos Fango, I think it'd be fitting considering Raticate's and Gumshoos's role in Alola

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Undertale "fans" (if they even are fans) just keep finding new ways to try and make the fan base look bad huh?

I mean, in cases like this, it's almost always anti-fans making it to make fans look bad. Same thing with (likely) the petition from DC fans to shut down Rotten Tomatoes.

Basically, it's just people looking for an excuse to hate on something, so they invent a reason. Kinda sad really...the worst part is it still seems to work.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Whew, I beat Lance, with that, the first half of Soul Silver is over
Good thing I brought Lugia to this fight because she was the only one that could deal with that Outrage spamming Dragonite, also good that I taught it Reflect for no other reason than to get rid of Rain Dance
But I almost had a heart attack when I saw that the last Dragonite was the Blizzard one, I thought it had Thunder because one of them switched in against Jolteon which would be immune to it but nope, my Nidoking took a Blizzard to his face and somehow survived with 22HP and countered with an Avalanche ending the fight. This is how you do a final battle boys

Fango isn't fat tho
I'd name a Gumshoos Fango, I think it'd be fitting considering Raticate's and Gumshoos's role in Alola
Wouldnt Gumshoos fit Angelo??

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I wasn't originally planning on doing another run update today, but quite a bit actually happened.
(Level 41)
(Level 41)
(Level 41)
(Level 40)
(Level 39)
(Level 39)

Everyone's fully evolved now, which is nice (even though I thought Tyrunt didn't evolve until 41). Now the real tests can begin. I also remembered why Ramos is considered one of the weakest gym leaders ever. Grass type + only three Pokémon + poorly balanced team even for a gym leader is just sad at this point in the game.
... I'm pretty sure I did a little too much grinding in Azure Bay though. It wasn't much but damn Chesnaught, Charizard, and Absol feel a little bit too ahead. Meanwhile, Slow"king" manages to take out the entire group of Team Flare that took over the Kalos Power Plant. GG Team Flare scrubs. Speaking of the Power Plant though, the theme for it is fantastic. Most of Kalos' music isn't that memorable to me, but damn this theme is an exception. Too bad the Power Plant itself isn't very great though. Tis just a quick and boring dungeon really.

:199:

D

Deleted member

Wouldnt Gumshoos fit Angelo??
STOP MAKING MY NICKNAME DECISIONS BE THIS HARD DAMNIT
I wasn't originally planning on doing another run update today, but quite a bit actually happened.
(Level 41)
(Level 41)
(Level 41)
(Level 40)
(Level 39)
(Level 39)

Everyone's fully evolved now, which is nice (even though I thought Tyrunt didn't evolve until 41). Now the real tests can begin. I also remembered why Ramos is considered one of the weakest gym leaders ever. Grass type + only three Pokémon + poorly balanced team even for a gym leader is just sad at this point in the game.
... I'm pretty sure I did a little too much grinding in Azure Bay though. It wasn't much but damn Chesnaught, Charizard, and Absol feel a little bit too ahead. Meanwhile, Slow"king" manages to take out the entire group of Team Flare that took over the Kalos Power Plant. GG Team Flare scrubs. Speaking of the Power Plant though, the theme for it is fantastic. Most of Kalos' music isn't that memorable to me, but damn this theme is an exception. Too bad the Power Plant itself isn't very great though. Tis just a quick and boring dungeon really.

Are you doing a Nuzlocke or just a normal run?
Either way, I find it funny that I used 4/6 of the Pokemon you have(technically 3 since I had a Slowbro but whatever) in my first Nuzlocke
Though my Charmeleon died in the first battle against Korrina

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
(Level 41)
(Level 41)
(Level 41)
(Level 40)
(Level 39)
(Level 39)

What happened to Houndoom?
Did you think Ramos' gym was fun for exploration though? Imo the Kalos gyms have really cool designs to them.
Yeah, Kalos music feels quite a bit lackluster for me. Personally, Hoenn is the best source of music.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Did you think Ramos' gym was fun for exploration though? Imo the Kalos gyms have really cool designs to them.
Yeah, Kalos music feels quite a bit lackluster for me. Personally, Hoenn is the best source of music.
Hoenn will always sound like screaming electronic goats to me

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Some of the gyms are annoying to exit if you need to heal before the gym leader. But they look good. Rock climbing is fun.

I can't figure out if I want Shield Dust or Tinted Lens on my Venomoth in HGSS.

Chrono.

Hoenn will always sound like screaming electronic goats to me
That's... An unique way to put it.
I think Kalos in general is lackluster, but I find there's some hidden gems. Like the Successor Korrina theme for me was way better when I actually listened to it.

Though to this day I still find the general Kanto themes (Wild/Battle/Gym Leader) to be my top favorites, in both Gen 1 and 3.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Some of the gyms are annoying to exit if you need to heal before the gym leader. But they look good. Rock climbing is fun.

I can't figure out if I want Shield Dust or Tinted Lens on my Venomoth in HGSS.
Looking back, those gyms, as well as Snowbelle city, must have been particularly hard to exit.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
So since Halloween is coming I figured it was time to change my avatar to something fitting. And what is better for the holiday were we put on costumes to scare each others and collect candies than the Master of Disguises himself : Robbie Rotten!

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Ha, Shuiesha is still promoting the hell out of Samon the Summoner and recognizing it as the "new generation" for Jump!

Where are you Azure, read it and weep if you are still in denial of it being a possible failure. :troll:

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Are you doing a Nuzlocke or just a normal run?
Either way, I find it funny that I used 4/6 of the Pokemon you have(technically 3 since I had a Slowbro but whatever) in my first Nuzlocke
Though my Charmeleon died in the first battle against Korrina
Standard run. It's mostly just for testing out Pokémon I never used much (and in the case of Chesnaught and Tyrantrum (even though I used Tyrunt a bit in the past) at all).

I never had a Houndoom, and I have no idea how you came to the conclusion that I did. :p
Ramos' gym was pretty fun to explore though. Quite frankly, the only gyms that I remember not really caring for was Clemont and Wulfric's.
The only other themes from Kalos I really like are Cyllage City, An Eternal Prison, the Xerneas/ Yvetal theme, Route 15 and Route 18, and, as mentioned earlier, the Power Plant theme. Other than that there's not much I can care for that much... unless we count remixes for themes from the past, that is.
Sinnoh and Hoenn are my personal favorites when it comes to Pokémon music (though Johto does come at a close second).

:094:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom